Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Goodgravy
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Goodgravy
By Phoenix.Goodgravy 2011-03-14 11:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

Don't be a douchebag. The world ain't ending. Although if you're convinced it is despite all the logical and rational reasons contrary to such nonsense, please feel free to quietly walk off a very tall cliff in solitude today, thereby helping us handle the population growth crisis.

I find it funny that in your rules it says "Don't be a douchebag" but then you encourage people to off themselves to help global population. Pure genius.
[+]
 Sylph.Larien
Server: Sylph
user: Penello
By Sylph.Larien 2011-03-14 11:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The disapearing bees comment is actually, I believe a Doctor Who reference. In the end of the world in the Donna arc, during I believe it was the Agatha Cristy(I know I spelt the name wrong) episode... Donna mentioned that the Bees vanished from earth, and then the Doctor claimed they were an alien race who left, lol.

Bee vanish comment solved.
 Asura.Psubond
Server: Asura
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2011-03-14 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OP: how many bong hits did you do prior to writing that? just asking cause it was a block of text, had an odd theory in it and mentioned munchies.

just sayin.
[+]
 Valefor.Mishta
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mishta 2011-03-14 11:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.First off natural disasters have been happening FOREVER.The only thing different is now u can see the aftermath with greater detail and also that the information is all over the world in a matter on seconds.You have to understand these things were being said about the great dust storms in the plains back in the 1920's.Or the y2k bug.Point is: Your kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's most likely wont see the end of the world. So when 2012 rolls on by and you are held up in your bunker waiting for nothing, i will be enjoying life. Life is uncertain, death is not. Hell who's to say you wont die in your sleep tonight. I don't know why i responded to this dumb thread...wow the world must be ending
 Asura.Psubond
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2011-03-14 12:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
If anything brings about the end of the world, it's going to be people.
Libya is a great example.
Japan is a great example of Mother Nature catching up to us for *** up the earth.

that...or just law of averages catching up with people building their houses near the ocean with a fault line just off shore (i live in cali so i'm guilty of doing pretty much same thing)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-14 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Japan is a great example of Mother Nature catching up to us for *** up the earth.
weren't the jp playing with nuclear bombs or some ***?
[+]
By Vale 2011-03-14 12:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't the number of bees in various bee farms becoming less and less every bee farm season? (if they have those, whatever).

Also, the Y2K thing causing worldwide catastrophe is ridiculous, but the date change to 2010 (or was it another date recently?) did cause PS3s to do that funky data deleting unplayable ***, no?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-14 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mishta said:
Some of you people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.First off natural disasters have been happening FOREVER.The only thing different is now u can see the aftermath with greater detail and also that the information is all over the world in a matter on seconds.You have to understand these things were being said about the great dust storms in the plains back in the 1920's.Or the y2k bug.Point is: Your kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's kid's most likely wont see the end of the world. So when 2012 rolls on by and you are held up in your bunker waiting for nothing, i will be enjoying life. Life is uncertain, death is not. Hell who's to say you wont die in your sleep tonight. I don't know why i responded to this dumb thread...wow the world must be ending

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
By Kano1012 2011-03-14 12:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Goodgravy said:
Don't be a douchebag. The world ain't ending. Although if you're convinced it is despite all the logical and rational reasons contrary to such nonsense, please feel free to quietly walk off a very tall cliff in solitude today, thereby helping us handle the population growth crisis.
I find it funny that in your rules it says "Don't be a douchebag" but then you encourage people to off themselves to help global population. Pure genius.

Wow Listen nobody know whats gonna happen not you me or whoever. For someone to say nothing is going to happen and its not the end of the world is a ignorant statement to make as well as someone to say it is at this point. Who knows maybe I'll get hit by a bus today who knows.. If it does oh well to bad. I go on living my life everyday like normal. And to those people who know for a fact nothing is going to happen please free feel to tell me the next megaball lottery numbers,,,,

Thanks
By Silentdeath 2011-03-14 13:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Larien said:
The disapearing bees comment is actually, I believe a Doctor Who reference. In the end of the world in the Donna arc, during I believe it was the Agatha Cristy(I know I spelt the name wrong) episode... Donna mentioned that the Bees vanished from earth, and then the Doctor claimed they were an alien race who left, lol.

Bee vanish comment solved.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/

The Happening I believe is what was being referenced.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-14 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are ppl worrying? Just live each day to the next, and appreciate life as it is. Sometimes its better to not know, that you're being lead to the slaughtering house.

As I said just enjoy each day and relax. Stop the fear mongering.

^^^ wonders why ppl like to feel depressed all the time.

**shakes head**
 Ramuh.Attribute
Server: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-14 13:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the world ends on that day, it wont be because any human said or set that date. Just happened.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-14 13:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Goodgravy said:

Hey! Thanks for missing the entire point of the body of my post, and instead focusing on the wisecrack I made at the end.
You're the best.
 Carbuncle.Godismax
Server: Carbuncle
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2011-03-14 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

2012 Olympics are gonna destroy the world!!!!

- true story
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-03-14 13:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

we just see all the global weather/physical earth effects now because today live ppl everywhere on the world.
in 1600 there lived ~500 millions on the earth, now it is nearly 7000 millions.
so i bet in 1600 were also so many disaster but nobody realized them because nobody lived there or all the sign that it was populated were destroyed.
however the average temperature raises and the earth plates keep moving.
so it's unavoidable that such things happen again and again and again. but that doesn't mean that the world is coming to end.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-03-14 13:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1) What we do know is that there is supposed to be a conjunction of several planets. This is causing different forces to be exerted on this planet as well as others and as a result we are experiencing geological changes. Since many of the disasters are occurring on or near tectonic plates you can pretty much figure this has something to do with that.

2) It was announced recently that the Aztec calendar just starts over at the beginning...

3) "the end of the world as you know it". I look at that this way....everytime there is a new discovery or a new invention or something different...The world as I know it has ended. It is not a finite ending, just a new beginning along another path.

Nothing stays static except ppl....some who never seem to understand that you have to evolve as time goes on. This is why there is so much unrest in china and libya and that region, the people finally realize that it is time for a change. That there is something better than what the have.
 Asura.Twillin
user: twillin
By Asura.Twillin 2011-03-14 22:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol at what some ppl try to push off on us like i said b4 just live your life an be open minded to the possibilty. you ppl who think that you can call ppl names over being on one side or the other is fkd up the only true ppl who have a right to name call are the ppl smart enough to stand in the middle an pay attention to whats really going on an not jump in head first. history has proven time an time again that we tend to be so fkn worried about being right that we will ***to happen. please ppl dont push the fkn envolpe lol. if not 2012 then the next date that ppl cry out for. know that the one certain thing that you can count on is the world is going to end !!!!..... as you know it lol cause no one will have that black fkn the world is going to end cloud haning over them. its like taken a test an waiting for the results its like the broken condom that you haveta wait 3 weeks to find out if shes pregnant lol or taken a drug test for your dream job you "think" your gonna pass lol. so long story short ending know that it may end but nvr stop livig for today ^^
 Ramuh.Ayasha
Server: Ramuh
user: Ayasha
By Ramuh.Ayasha 2011-03-14 22:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My milk went bad a day before its expiration date, Ragnarok approaches.

Seriously, people. We as humans can account for a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of this world's time line. Our naivety and pride causes us to think what we've witnessed as being significant. This planet has been here for 4.6 billion years (give or take a month or so) and has experienced FAR worse than a few rumblings, giant waves, and spiraling storm systems (something on the order of a planetoid the size of MARS broadsiding it), yet somehow survived. The vast majority of the planet's living creatures have died out numerous times, yet somehow life went on. Even humans were near extinction on at least one account, yet here we are. (Research based off of random innernet searches and unfounded information off of the top of my head.)

In short, the world doesn't end with humans, we are not important in the grand scheme of things. (Post directed mainly at OP)

The hubris and self-righteousness of mankind makes me welcome the Apocalypse with open arms.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 22:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact: Magnetic Pole Shift will not effect you unless you're Bear Grylls or a Migratory Bird.

Fact: Many "Apocalypse" dates have come and gone, exactly 1,371. We still survive.

Fact: Even if the end of the world came, is it really such a bad thing? I mean, people all die, but how many people get the awesome honor of riding the planet down with them? I think it'd be pretty cool.

Fact: The If the world does end in 2012, it's because we made it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Fact: Skryim comes out Nov. 2011. So none of this matters, all life will be complete anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-14 22:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fact: Skryim comes out Nov. 2011. So none of this matters, all life will be complete anyway.
Amen to this, brother. Amen.
By Eluveitie 2011-03-15 09:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or as it is with some ppl that like to toke's predictions obama is the antichrist and the next term starts in 2012. Oooooooooo >.> but also an asteroid will hit the earth a volcano will blow up in yellowstone the earth will get sucked in a black hole and launched in to the 7th dimensions 2nd parallell universe on dec 2012.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-03-15 10:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We should be more worried about the "New World Order" than we should about this 2012 stuff. Distractions are just that.....

P.S. And the disappearing of the bee's was just me poking fun. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-15 10:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halfpint said:
1) What we do know is that there is supposed to be a conjunction of several planets. This is causing different forces to be exerted on this planet as well as others and as a result we are experiencing geological changes. Since many of the disasters are occurring on or near tectonic plates you can pretty much figure this has something to do with that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_law_of_universal_gravitation

I'll let you work out why that's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.

While we're at it, is this an idea that people just say because they heard it from so-and-so or is it something that will actually happen? Cause the galactic alignment thing is *** and I see that thrown around a lot too.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Godismax said:
2012 Olympics are gonna destroy the world!!!!

- true story

LOL

Soon this planet will be own by apes! or Judgment day!
By dn4cer 2011-03-15 10:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When you have asshats such as the US Gov't and the US Army playing God with tools such as H.A.A.R.P, there is something to worry about. Maybe not the end of the world, but the end of our way of living and our rights.

Look it up.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 10:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really hope someone is building sky-net.
 Lakshmi.Silentdeath
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Silentdeath 2011-03-15 10:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
I really, really hope someone is building sky-net.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/03/25/64779/pentagon-exploring-robot-killers.html
By dn4cer 2011-03-15 11:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Earthquake Prediction for May 2011

Here's a prediction someone made after finding some documents.
He predicts there will be an Earthquake, caused using H.A.A.R.P on the "New Madrid" faultline, which is located somewhere between Memphis and New Madrid.

And it should be happening in May 2011.

If this turns out to be true, I hope the US citizens and the rest of the world open their eyes and realize that this isn't Mother Nature, but the US Army, and the US Gov't playing god. I hope citizens of the world begin a revolt against the gov'ts of the world, similar to what is happening in the Middle East and North Africa.

A great start would be taking down this HAARP system, located in Alaska. If everything I read is true, the things it can do are beyond anything anyone could ever imagine.

Also, some people believe that HAARP caused the Earthquake in Japan. However, there is no recorded evidence that prove this, so I cannot believe it myself.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-15 11:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's blow up Cyberdine systems while we at it.