Natural Disasters = Don't Play Games.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Natural Disasters = Don't play games.
Natural Disasters = Don't play games.
First Page 2 3 4 5
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:
wow, OP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. sorry. Just watched the dateline NBC special of Japan earthquake, i'm suprized it didn't permanently ruin the servers tbh. I pray for those in Japan and the 10,000s of people dead, and their families. 1 week of not playing the game will never ever amount to the same pain as loosing a loved one in the disaster as so many people have in Japan.

Is there anyway to make you add something to the conversation? All I've seen from you is quotes and occasionally something along the lines of "I agree with such and such" but in a much nastier tone.

doing better than you

No. I'm afraid that would have to entail making a valid point that isn't regurgitated from another user.
[+]
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 19:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:
wow, OP is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. sorry. Just watched the dateline NBC special of Japan earthquake, i'm suprized it didn't permanently ruin the servers tbh. I pray for those in Japan and the 10,000s of people dead, and their families. 1 week of not playing the game will never ever amount to the same pain as loosing a loved one in the disaster as so many people have in Japan.

Is there anyway to make you add something to the conversation? All I've seen from you is quotes and occasionally something along the lines of "I agree with such and such" but in a much nastier tone.
Why say whats already been said? but

Valefor.Leith said:
I would love to help were I able, but I'm 17, with no job, and no passport, I couldn't go to Japan if I wanted to. However if I were in my twenties and I could join a volunteer group to go and help, I would in a heartbeat, I'm not QQing about the servers because for one I'm far from addicted to the game, and because obviously the energy conservation was a very smart thing to do. And some don't seem to be ok with that

People keep saying non of us care...I do ^_^

Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Valefor.Leith said:
I would love to help were I able, but I'm 17, with no job, and no passport, I couldn't go to Japan if I wanted to. However if I were in my twenties and I could join a volunteer group to go and help, I would in a heartbeat, I'm not QQing about the servers because for one I'm far from addicted to the game, and because

People keep saying non of us care...I do ^_^

i care but i wouldn't go

even if i were able to :/
Thats fine too, not everyone has the drive or want to go out of their way to go help people. I'm not bashing you lol really I'm not, but its a certain type of person who wouldn't mind taking time from their own life to go off to some other place and help with something. Those in the marines, coast guard, red cross, doctors without borders, peace corps, pretty much every non profit volunteer organization out there lol, people in them are the kind im talking about, and I feel I wouldn't mind being one

Theres nothing wrong with seeing that this is happening, feeling a pang of sorrow, hoping its ok, then resuming your normal life several hours later, I mean its not like you're supposed to drop what you're doing and pay for a flight to japan asap. People who expect that (like the OP) don't understand reality if you ask me
yeah I guess i really didn't contribute anything to this whole thread

go me!
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:

doing better than you

No. I'm afraid that would have to entail making a valid point that isn't regurgitated from another user.

it's better than spewing nonsense
[+]
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 19:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:

doing better than you

My favorite person on Bahamut lol
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 19:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
All I ask is that people don't post crap like "they deserved it for not being Christian" as I saw here initially.

You don't have to care, but you also don't have to be a ***.
Someone actually posted something like that? I must have missed it. What a ***!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
All I ask is that people don't post crap like "they deserved it for not being Christian" as I saw here initially.

You don't have to care, but you also don't have to be a ***.
Someone actually posted something like that? I must have missed it. What a ***!

charlie sheen should be too busy winning to care!
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should correct myself.

There are SOME people who like to act holier than thou and use natural disasters like this as an excuse.

What I (and most, though not all of the people here and elsewhere) are trying to do is help people understand that SE (a company based in Japan) is very much invested in what's going on there right now, even if you're not. They have every good reason in the world to shut the servers down to conserve energy for those who really need it. Frankly even if they hadn't, the utility companies in Japan have mandated rolling blackouts so the servers would be down either way.
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2011-03-13 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Leith said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
Valefor.Leith said:
Unicorn.Emirii said:

doing better than you

My favorite person on Bahamut lol

I'm sorry, I just like quotes, they annoy people like you <3

And well, a forum is just not a forum w/o random people contributing their opinions, even though they may be the same opinions already suggested by other members. Now whether or not people agree with the opinions of other's on a forum, that's where things get interesting!
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to make a quote pyramid, so forgive me for putting your responses in quotes.

@Leith~ My bad. I guess I skipped over those posts. But, unfortunately, you're kind of what I was talking about when I made this thread: people acting holier-than-thou. "IT TAKES A CERTAIN KIND OF PERSON." <--- that kind of ***. and... that kind of ***isn't needed in this thread, because it's almost derailing the main topic at hand.

p.s: i work at a non-profit humane society. granted: i get paid, but i get paid in bits of string for the most part, and i've stuck with it for 2 years. it's sad that I still don't agree with you, I think. Considering I fall under one of the categories you listed and uh... I don't really care much about what happened in Japan. I hope that doesn't BLOW your world-view to bits or anything.

@Loslserj - k.

@Soube - I understand that SE is invested in the wellfare of Japan. I never once bashed that or claimed that they weren't.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
I don't want to make a quote pyramid, so forgive me for putting your responses in quotes.

@Leith~ My bad. I guess I skipped over those posts. But, unfortunately, you're kind of what I was talking about when I made this thread: people acting holier-than-thou. "IT TAKES A CERTAIN KIND OF PERSON." <--- that kind of ***. and... that kind of ***isn't needed in this thread, because it's almost derailing the main topic at hand.

p.s: i work at a non-profit humane society. granted: i get paid, but i get paid in bits of string for the most part, and i've stuck with it for 2 years. it's sad that I still don't agree with you, I think. Considering I fall under one of the categories you listed and uh... I don't really care much about what happened in Japan. I hope that doesn't BLOW your world-view to bits or anything.

@Loslserj - k.

it takes a true *** to take what you were trying to say and still make it sound like you're a ***
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:

@Loslserj - k.

it takes a true *** to take what you were trying to say and still make it sound like you're a ***

wintermute0 said:
@Loslserj - k.

By deadlydiva 2011-03-13 19:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
I don't want to make a quote pyramid, so forgive me for putting your responses in quotes. @Leith~ My bad. I guess I skipped over those posts. But, unfortunately, you're kind of what I was talking about when I made this thread: people acting holier-than-thou. "IT TAKES A CERTAIN KIND OF PERSON." <--- that kind of ***. and... that kind of ***isn't needed in this thread, because it's almost derailing the main topic at hand. p.s: i work at a non-profit humane society. granted: i get paid, but i get paid in bits of string for the most part, and i've stuck with it for 2 years. it's sad that I still don't agree with you, I think. Considering I fall under one of the categories you listed and uh... I don't really care much about what happened in Japan. I hope that doesn't BLOW your world-view to bits or anything. @Loslserj - k.
Here a *** there a *** everywhere a *** ***, Oh mcdonald had a *** E I E I oooooo
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But actually, winter raises a good point. I should really replay FF9 again sometime, it's been way too long.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 19:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

deadlydiva said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
I don't want to make a quote pyramid, so forgive me for putting your responses in quotes. @Leith~ My bad. I guess I skipped over those posts. But, unfortunately, you're kind of what I was talking about when I made this thread: people acting holier-than-thou. "IT TAKES A CERTAIN KIND OF PERSON." <--- that kind of ***. and... that kind of ***isn't needed in this thread, because it's almost derailing the main topic at hand. p.s: i work at a non-profit humane society. granted: i get paid, but i get paid in bits of string for the most part, and i've stuck with it for 2 years. it's sad that I still don't agree with you, I think. Considering I fall under one of the categories you listed and uh... I don't really care much about what happened in Japan. I hope that doesn't BLOW your world-view to bits or anything. @Loslserj - k.
Here a *** there a *** everywhere a *** ***, Oh mcdonald had a *** E I E I oooooo

what are you implying
 Valefor.Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 19:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:

@Loslserj - k.
I'm not acting holier I'm talking reality.
Does every single person in the world want to drop what they're doing and go help in japan? Obviously not, it really does take a certain type of person (i.e. Someone with the drive, motivation, and pure willing desire) to go and do so. All I'm saying is if I could I would, but I can't, so I'm not. How is that acting holier? You work in a non-profit humane society, thats good, and you don't have to care about what happened in japan, but you still help don't you? You wouldn't stay if you weren't willing to help.
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
But actually, winter raises a good point. I should really replay FF9 again sometime, it's been way too long.

^ this.

so *** nostalgic. I seriously recommend you pick it up again. I get goosebumps watching the scene where Zidane and the gang are running out of the Evil Forest.
By deadlydiva 2011-03-13 19:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
deadlydiva said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wintermute0 said:
what are you implying

Just trying to brighten up such a stressful topic!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:

^ this.

so *** nostalgic. I seriously recommend you pick it up again. I get goosebumps watching the scene where Zidane and the gang are running out of the Evil Forest.

My favorite is the Alxeander vs. Bahamut series of CSs. Especially when they first summon Alexander. Chills every time.
By wintermute0 2011-03-13 19:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:
wintermute0 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Soube said:

^ this.

My favorite is the Alxeander vs. Bahamut series of CSs. Especially when they first summon Alexander. Chills every time.

This thread is now about nostalgic FF moments.

this part:

music is so epic!!
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-13 20:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

a thread like this doesn't deserve nostalgia
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I love that part, kinda ruins the moment when your characters are overpowered though lol. When I replay it again I am gonna make sure I go through w/o leveling much at all. Beatrix ftw!
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-03-13 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Beatrix always kicks your *** though. Even on the encouters I was supposed to win, I always lost like 8 times first. -_-
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-03-13 20:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly off topic, I know but...

I go under the assumption that nobody wishes for earthquakes and tsunamis upon Japan. It's such a small minority that do it's silly to assume that just because somebody doesn't say "OH MY WHAT A TRAGEDY" on the internet that they have no sympathy.

And just because my greatest concern today was that it was so *** windy and not Japan's disaster doesn't mean I have no sympathy.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah when I was real young playing it, I lost a lot to the first Beatrix lol. Can just defend through it though until she just stock breaks you :P. I always cw cheat her into the game now tho >:D
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-03-13 21:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
So, from what I'm gathering... some people don't like it when people complain about the FFXI servers being down because Japan just got hit with an Earthquake/Tsunami.

Well, to everyone on their high horse telling people to stop QQing about the servers being down because there's more important matters at hand: what were you doing when Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames when that happened? You know, out of respect...? If you didn't, shouldn't you've?

Actually, here's a list of all the major Earthquakes that happened in 2010. What were you doing during those? Hopefully you weren't playing Final Fantasy XI!

Don't get me wrong; Earthquakes suck. I wouldn't want one to happen where I live. But do you honestly expect everyone who's playing FFXI to really give a damn? I mean, wtf were the Japanese doing when Hurricane Katrina one-shot New Orleans? I hope they weren't playing WoW! That would've been disrespectful!

It's laughable just how far off the point you are. People are annoyed with the babies crying at SE due to the game being down because a lot of the people who work on and keep FFXI maintained live in Japan and have families in Japan. The company is giving their employees time to sort out their personal affairs just as any company would in this kind of situation. You're complaining for some minor inconvenience. Their employees have dead family. Get a *** clue. Welcome to the real world man...

edit: not to mention the fact that Japan needs all the power it can get in order to restore a lot of the things it lost. HI-2-U logic!!
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 21:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wintermute0 said:
So, from what I'm gathering... some people don't like it when people complain about the FFXI servers being down because Japan just got hit with an Earthquake/Tsunami.

Well, to everyone on their high horse telling people to stop QQing about the servers being down because there's more important matters at hand: what were you doing when Haiti was rocked by that Earthquake last year? Did you stop playing your MMOS/Vidyagames when that happened? You know, out of respect...? If you didn't, shouldn't you've?

Actually, here's a list of all the major Earthquakes that happened in 2010. What were you doing during those? Hopefully you weren't playing Final Fantasy XI!

Don't get me wrong; Earthquakes suck. I wouldn't want one to happen where I live. But do you honestly expect everyone who's playing FFXI to really give a damn? I mean, wtf were the Japanese doing when Hurricane Katrina one-shot New Orleans? I hope they weren't playing WoW! That would've been disrespectful!

~Playing FFXI~

~Reads Server Shutdown Notice~

Hmmm....

~Logs out~

~Takes FFXI out of Xbox 360~

~Pop in Dragon Age 2~

~Goes about day~
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 21:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Slightly off topic, I know but...

I go under the assumption that nobody wishes for earthquakes and tsunamis upon Japan. It's such a small minority that do it's silly to assume that just because somebody doesn't say "OH MY WHAT A TRAGEDY" on the internet that they have no sympathy.

And just because my greatest concern today was that it was so *** windy and not Japan's disaster doesn't mean I have no sympathy.

You ever wonder what happens when like this happens (A random non-JPN player)

~Playing FFXI, a JPN player steals claim~

~Gets pissed, wishes something bad happen to that player~

~Something bad happens, they call karma~

See people like that, such jerks, honestly.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-03-13 21:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is meaningless so I'll post something meaningless.

SE did us all a favor, go back to your lives for a week+
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-03-13 22:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said:
This thread is meaningless so I'll post something meaningless.

SE did us all a favor, go back to your lives for a week+

You sure are a big fat liar

That post clearly had a lot of meaning behind it! :O