Best Amount Of Amber For AF3 Feet?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Best amount of Amber for AF3 feet?
Best amount of Amber for AF3 feet?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-24 16:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone has better luck stopping after a certain amount of amber...maybe a 'sweet spot' for AF3 feet. I find sometimes it's like we got too much and we're always littered with Temp items or Key Items.
By tharosragnarok 2011-02-25 11:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My sweet spot is around 10-15 amber lights, more than 20 you get lots of big chest and they dont drop af feet.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-02-25 11:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

tharosragnarok said:
My sweet spot is around 10-15 amber lights, more than 20 you get lots of big chest and they dont drop af feet.

Not true, i've seen plenty of feet in big chests.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-25 11:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually stop around 10-15 as well. Mostly because once you get the bigger boxes, you throw a lot more items and temps and ***into the mix, which then lowers your chance at boots.

Boots do drop from big chests, but for example your chance goes from 6/30 to 6/60 when you throw additional items and temps into the mix.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

tharosragnarok said:
They change that when they let small chest drop too? Cause I used to find it huge ones. Actually found 3 in one box once
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-25 11:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Best amount seems to be capped as far as I've noticed >_> Atleast after the update that made them drop in both kinds of chests.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-25 11:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've spent 3 hours farming for SCH feet in Vunkerl with capped Amber as a solo BLU. The only feet I ever saw were SAM and PUPx2. A BLM started farming time chests next to me and I had asked if he'd be willing to give me SCH feet if they drop for him. In 10 minutes, a BLM with no amber light got the feet to drop. I don't think capped Amber is the way to go especially for feet farming. I was seeing too much temp items for my own good.
By tharosragnarok 2011-02-25 11:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
tharosragnarok said:

Not true, i've seen plenty of feet in big chests.

True strike!

I meant they dont drop af feet as often as litle ones sorry, you cant post at workplace lol!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-25 11:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
I've spent 3 hours farming for SCH feet in Vunkerl with capped Amber as a solo BLU. The only feet I ever saw were SAM and PUPx2. A BLM started farming time chests next to me and I had asked if he'd be willing to give me SCH feet if they drop for him. In 10 minutes, a BLM with no amber light got the feet to drop. I don't think capped Amber is the way to go especially for feet farming. I was seeing too much temp items for my own good.

Pretty sure you were just unlucky and he were just lucky as hell >_>
Feet drop in that zone seem sucky all-in-all.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-25 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Crimson/Ivory/Viridian abyssites of Destiny affect the drop rates on chests, too. Without any amber farmed at all, sometimes I can get lowest-tier small gold chests to drop with those three (on my kills.) I've even seen DNC and NIN AF feet drop into these low-tier gold Vunkerl chests having only farmed azure and pearl, due to the presence of the abyssites.

So maybe make a mental note of how many of each type are in effect for each person in the farming party, or else you might end up stopping too early on amber just because gold chests might erratically show up earlier than expected for one player (but not the others.)

I don't know if having those abyssites will cause two players (one with them and one without) who have equal levels of amber light built up to be on different tiers for the chests--which might probably be a bad thing--but for certain the chests will come out more frequently/unexpectedly.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-25 11:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's simple probability as I said a bit ago. If small boxes contain 30 items and 6 of those items are af feet, you have a greater shot at getting them than if you go for big boxes that contain 60 items.

The large boxes contain everything that the smaller boxes do, plus additional temp items as well as key items.

Stay with the smaller if you are only after feet. If you want key items while doing it then there is no reason to not do larger boxes.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 11:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But bigger ones can also contain more items...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-02-25 11:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be wrong on this, but wouldn't having more than a
'sweet spot' of amber be more beneficial? If having more of that particular light enhances the percentage of chests being a specific color, the more amber the better.

If you hit the cap on amber, you'll probably see a lot more gold and moderately less blue/red, no? Unless you're hoping for time chests as well, you may want less amber and capped azure. Capping amber would probably overwhelm the blue chest drop rate to keep time even.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-25 11:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much probability. Small gold chests are a proper subset of large gold chests. Gold chests have more items that are able to drop with a seemingly slightly higher drop rate than AF3 feet. With an already low drop rate for AF3 feet, when you add other items into the mix which have a higher drop rate, you'll see AF3 feet much less often when you start to get your Amber light in the Big Chest area. That's how I see it.
[+]