People Unwilling To Adapt To The Way Things Are

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-02-18 02:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to get others opinion's on why people still use pld as a main tank. Mainly inside abyssea. This is not a pld hate thread. pld was my 1st 75 and i leveled all my jobs i have to 75 pre-abyssea. i loved playing pld but it is useless now. so is it people just too stuck in old ways to change or ignorance or a little of both.I get tired of waiting for groups with 12+ to proc and kill nms in 3-4 x the time it takes a small group of 3-6. Ok go on with the trolling <3
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-18 02:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

some People don't feel confident with DD tanks most of the time, I won't say "They're gimp" They're just either scared or enjoy a "Safety net" to fall back on when all else fails.

I personally believe a THF Tank is a better safety net than a PLD Tank, But that's just me :\.

I had hell trying to convince my last LS to use MNK, eventually they strayed away from it for a while, but went back to bringing PLDs to a lot of events.

Who Die in seconds and/or never tank over the other DD >.>.

I prefer doing pretty much everything low man anyway, so me THF Tanking all the way :x

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-18 02:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Love tanking on WAR personally. Been messing with /MNK as well it's pretty crazy doing counters for about 700 damage+

Many people are pretty skeptical but it works out great. Even /NIN it's good. I just don't see much use for Paladins anymore. :S

THF can be a great tank low man as well.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-18 02:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty, it probably has more to do with personal job preference over uselessness.

I'm not hating on PLD's either mind you and yeah they honestly do have LIMITED use inside of abyssea.

The best way i know to explain this is use my personal preference of Samurai. Sure MNK WAR and NIN destroy it now in abyssea, and tons on this forum and anywhere else will be QUICK to laugh or point. But I've loved the job since the day i unlocked it. I'll continue to play and enjoy the job regardless of the path SE takes it down really...

...and in short i think that is how many career PLD feel. You spend years getting gear slowly or improving where you can to be told by someone else that you are playing the wrong job is kinda ridiculous imo.

Play/gear what you like... just have a little bit of courtesy for low man groups and level a mage job for when you can't afford to be lagged down by a PLD.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-18 02:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know why people are full timing evasion gear and keeping shadows up when the WHM is sitting there with jerking off with full mp.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-18 02:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I want to know why people are full timing evasion gear and keeping shadows up when the WHM is sitting there with jerking off with full mp.
l o l
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-18 02:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:

Comfort zone.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-18 02:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:

They're idiots.

That was a simple answer D:
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-18 02:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
Quote:
Ochain makes a PLD without a subjob invincible from what I've seen.

Pld still sucks

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead level mnk , quit trying to get half of the mnk awesomeness

Odin.Spccdog said:
Quote:
In before Spccdog
LOL you already know ^.^ Pld is dead, level a useful job. such as monk

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk

Odin.Spccdog said:
This is not a pld hate thread.
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-02-18 02:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled the job and main tanked in dynamis for 4 years, i think i have a right to say a job is dead imo. I have an open mind though unlike alot of people and accept the fact that pld really is dead right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-02-18 02:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Odin.Spccdog said:
Quote:
Ochain makes a PLD without a subjob invincible from what I've seen.

Pld still sucks

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead level mnk , quit trying to get half of the mnk awesomeness

Odin.Spccdog said:
Quote:
In before Spccdog
LOL you already know ^.^ Pld is dead, level a useful job. such as monk

Odin.Spccdog said:
Pld is dead, level mnk

Odin.Spccdog said:
This is not a pld hate thread.

good job sir!
[+]
 Asura.Draus
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2011-02-18 03:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
I leveled the job and main tanked in dynamis for 4 years, i think i have a right to say a job is dead imo.

No it just makes you an idiot adding yet another thread of Wry ppl play pld still? like that hasnt been shot to ***already
[+]
 Odin.Spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2011-02-18 03:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

hows that aegis treating you in your mog locker? yet another butthurt lifetime pld.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Draus
By Asura.Draus 2011-02-18 03:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
hows that aegis treating you in your mog locker? yet another butthurt lifetime pld.

far from butthurt
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-18 03:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:

This.

I can't stand melee using shadows, especially for things like killing nq mobs. I've 21/tick+ refresh with sublimation and temps. Quit using shadows and making things take longer >< It's hard enough to concentrate being on whm, now imagine just following people starting with nothing to do...
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-18 03:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draus, go to bed! <3
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-02-18 03:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually tank on MNK in Abyssea
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 03:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't trust most healers... they forget to heal me alot
[+]
 Asura.Draus
By Asura.Draus 2011-02-18 03:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
Draus, go to bed! <3

I cant just got home from work D:
 Asura.Bifroront
user: bifroront
By Asura.Bifroront 2011-02-18 04:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:

This.

I can't stand melee using shadows, especially for things like killing nq mobs. I've 21/tick+ refresh with sublimation and temps. Quit using shadows and making things take longer >< It's hard enough to concentrate being on whm, now imagine just following people starting with nothing to do...

Sounds like playing BRD.
 Bismarck.Gryphen
user: Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2011-02-18 04:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just in Abyssea that PLD is for the most part pointless to use. At level 90 almost every HNM outside Abyssea is a joke now. My low man group kills Tiamat with 6 and we use MNK and NIN tanks. Same with Dark Ixion.

Edit: Now because of this post I have gimp *** LS's trying to camp tiamat and other HNM's. The same ones that think they are gonna be able to "Blood Tank" w/o shadows on Tiamat while they triple box using a healing bot. SS's comming soon of these same *** wiping to almost every thing outside abyssea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 05:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well one of my friend soloed byakko on dnc... tbh, the main problem i find with PLD is the hate system, with abyssea all the hate is *** up. NM have 100k+ HP, Mele are able to blink tank everything + deal crazy damage leaving 0 chance at all to PLD to keep any hate.

But to say PLD is total garbage, no... We still use pld for Dragua, Azdaja, and that kind of NM where blink woth just nothing, of course MNK still get better at some point and is again due to hate system.

SE need reduce mele hate, or increase the maximum hate built, bc atm is just broken, i can jump in with my THF and in 20 sec be on TOP hate available, don't ask why PLD fail... I am pretty sure SE will fix this eventually.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-02-18 05:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait... who blink tanks?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 05:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
SE need reduce mele hate,
They sorta have or did a long time ago. Hate from dmg dealt decreases as the lvl of the target increases
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 05:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about hate system, take dmg = loose hate, PLD evasion skill = 0, so obviously he take dmg so he loose hate, the maximum hate is way too easy to get for mele.

PLD have no chance there, there 2 type of Hate, one that is decreasing over time (provoke, sentinel, invincible ect..) and one that is accumulation, flash and holy???? (SE pre-abyssea nerfed all Enf. Hate) and normal dmg. No way in hell pld have a tiny chance now.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 05:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
SE need reduce mele hate,
They sorta have or did a long time ago. Hate from dmg dealt decreases as the lvl of the target increases

well idk, i think if they would just increase the max hate, that would be a good fix too.

bc the way it is atm, 10 SAM would TA-WS PLD and in 20 sec i would still be tanking on thf, due to max hate too low.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 05:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Talking about hate system, take dmg = loose hate, PLD evasion skill = 0, so obviously he take dmg so he loose hate, the maximum hate is way too easy to get for mele.

PLD have no chance there, there 2 type of Hate, one that is decreasing over time (provoke, sentinel, invincible ect..) and one that is accumulation, flash and holy???? (SE pre-abyssea nerfed all Enf. Hate) and normal dmg. No way in hell pld have a tiny chance now.
Losing shadows also loses hate. Also pld has lots of dmg mitigation and lose less hate for taking dmg stuff. Not to mention CE loss per dmg dealt is also going down as our hps go up.

Also everything gives at least 1 CE. Holy gives normal dmg dealt hate. They didn't nerf all enfeebling. They mostly jsut touched the stuff nin/drk nin/rdm and rdm/nins used really. Iirc it was bind, blind, slow, sleep 1/2 and dispel well and then ninja'd in repose
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-18 05:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously PLD needs to do evasion magian swords and stack up evasion in all slots!

(Actually seen a few JP plds with 2 evasion swords on cerb:P)
First Page 2 3 4 5