Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Carabosse
Carabosse
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

is she relatively easy to pop? and are there any strategies/pieces of advice anyone can give? optimal party setup (ally or lowman?) i cant get onto the wiki for some reason or another; please assist!
By Serj 2011-02-15 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:
is she relatively easy to pop? and are there any strategies/pieces of advice anyone can give? optimal party setup (ally or lowman?) i cant get onto the wiki for some reason or another; please assist!

Mnk, whm, rape.

A mnk can literally afk while fighting her and kill her with support. 2 KIs for pops that can be obtained from 2 nearby nms or gold chests.

It doesn't get easier than that .
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-02-15 12:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/nin + WHM if the MNK does not have too much confidence.
Otherwise MNK/war + WHM. MNK goes AFK. 10-15 min fight.

Tornado 2 can be nasty, so have 3k hp+ always, but otherwise no risk at all.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

could say... a sam/nin tank this with capped/merited evasion? and is it worth bringing along !! trigger buddies for gems?
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-02-15 13:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly but sam is a boring job, mnk isnt :P
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-15 13:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You generally want to use jobs with high TP damage to tank, as opposed to WS damage, since she tends to spam amnesia.
Triggering !! has no effect on gems, only TH does.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

last question is, whats a rough estimate of how many kills it would probably take to get all 50 gems?

thanks for the info.
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-02-15 13:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A SAM/NIN should have no trouble with this, but the lower HP means there's more of a risk of a potential one shot from a nuke. When I fought her she had this amazing habit of using Winter Breeze, dispelling my shadows and Tornadoing me to death. As long as your tank isn't cocky and your WHM can pay attention, you should be just fine.

Her accuracy is garbage, so a normal DD setup should be no problems. Baraera fulltime makes it a joke. The kill will be slower than with a MNK, though. She gains 50% PDT when she 2 hours, so having a TP heavy job is much prefered over WS spam.

The only thing you need for gem drops is TH, no procs are needed. Have your WHM equip Atma of Dread if you have no access to a THF, or try and drag a friend along if you can.

In regards to your last question, you're looking at 25 kills minimum (assuming she drops 2 gems every time). On average though, with all the Empyreans my shell has produced so far, you're probably looking at around 30 or so kills with TH present.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-02-15 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

30-35 if you have a thf.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 13:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, sounds cool. while i have people's attention, is cirein-croin as simple? just wanna make sure i have my homework done before jumping into fights.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2011-02-15 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For Carabosse, I used MNK/Thf for TH2. Only scary part is eating a full Tornado 2 unresisted on Wind day(-MDT set is your friend). Mnk/Nin is safer, but meh. Whm/thf works too, but I like to dispel that nasty regain she gets after summers.

For KI, I used War/Sam (w/ Jinpu lv1 lotus katana) and Whm/thf TH2 for Wing farming (w/ cyclone, lv 1 chef knife >.<) . I suppose Nin/War works better. . .
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-02-15 13:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i can solo C-C on blm. Hardest part is claiming heqet honestly.
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-02-15 13:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part of Croin is farming it. Heqet can be camped heavily, especially on weekends.

Croin himself is a joke. A RDM can solo it by kite nuking it around the bridge near it's pop, or a MNK and WHM can do exactly the same thing and duo that, also.

Croin uses two TP moves in a row, every time. Only thing to watch out for is losing claim and having it nicked when it uses Mayhem Lantern. AOE charm, doesn't last long, easy to kite, but you need to make sure your WHM Dias or Flashes or something, else it'll turn yellow.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-15 13:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We did WAR, WHM and THF most of the time. Anymore than that is just for quickness really. Really easy, pop items are stupid easy to get aswell so shes not bad at all ^^
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 13:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i really didnt remember a thing from when i did him lol, he was my 2nd win. i recall triggering his red with jinpu, then me and 2 thfs went to town on his ***. so i had no idea what the stratefy was to fight him @_@. but this makes getting mmy empy GK sound like just an excersize in patience, really. can't wait to get started.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-15 13:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

got 50 gems for my friends Masamune in 16hrs of total farming, not to hard, and no one started throwing up, passing out and other *** :) guess we're just to hardcore or something.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-15 13:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Andylynn said:
i really didnt remember a thing from when i did him lol, he was my 2nd win. i recall triggering his red with jinpu, then me and 2 thfs went to town on his ***. so i had no idea what the stratefy was to fight him @_@. but this makes getting mmy empy GK sound like just an excersize in patience, really. can't wait to get started.
Her.