Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22385 22386 22387 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Hopalong 2023-03-26 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy (the first ones through like 7) and Dragonwarrior 1,2,3,4 put the notion/understanding of rpg in my head. Its changed a lot since then.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-26 16:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I really cant stand turn based RPG anymore...

The last one I tried to play was the Xenogears, but then I stopped right after a couple of random fights because its painfully slow.

To me, the greatest battle system, the ones I enjoy and that I always look for similar when I look for a new game is FFXI and FFXII.

It brings me a lot of joy seeing the party with well defined roles, and all relevant preps pre-fight, and careful decision during it.

For example, up till FFXI, I really never cared to buff my own party members. And still, I never had problems to complete all games before.

That simplistic way old RPG was also the reason the time I took to understand why my party was never performing the barely minimum when I migrate to FFXI. Then, I actually learned the relevance of buffs/debuffs.

Any game that you can possibly beat without casting a single haste, or reducing some of mobs stats, is a huge failure of a combat, tbf.

Unfortunelly many were like that before, you didnt need to care to prep. Just overlevel and get it done.
By Hopalong 2023-03-26 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Remeber the metal slime or whatever that gave you xp boosting shoes for each step you took? FFXI needs that but gives mastery xp per step.
By Draylo 2023-03-26 17:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There are rumors that Disney is planning to retcon the sequel trilogy and redo it. I hope its true lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-26 17:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. They already dropped the ball, there's no do-overs.

I mean sure, they can't be worse, but there's zero chance in hell they'd break even/make money doing that. Bad financial decision, highly unlikely to be real. (well, in 20 years, maybe)
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-03-26 20:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see them doing that, honestly. They can't even make a good season of Mandalorian. Movies have been put so far on the backburner, it wouldn't surprise me if we never got another one.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-26 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
So the brain processing power required wasn't that high, at least not in early FF games.

This is where we come back to the whole, people on average and such portion of the discussion.

You and I both read well. I mean, I think you read well. I've read your posts on and off on this forum for the better part of the last few years. Reading is almost a no brainer for us (I think, let me know if I'm wrong).

The world over, literacy rates are not 100%. And that's in each nation's native/common tongue.

Most video games don't get a translation into every language, and so in those places where literacy rates for a single language, not everyone can even read games that are reading intensive (if the game even sells in their country).

If you can't read what choice you're making, do you think you can strategize? Do you think you can even play the game?

Menu navigation and comprehension is a huge part of RPGs. People who don't read well, don't like opening and reading menus. It's an undesirable mental process, and an unwanted mental process is much harder for someone to deal with than a higher frequency of mostly subconscious ones.

Even most people who can read don't like reading. Reading speed and comprehension vary person to person. Someone may be 100% literate, but unable to read fast. To them, that single slow process of reading may take more brain power than positioning Mario half way on a pipe so they can get just enough of a running start to jump off that second gap-run floating block and make it across the pit.

tl;dr - Action games always come with the fact that you can perform the gameplay without a secondary skill/knowledge set that is independent of the game.

Make me play through Final Fantasy V in French, and I guarantee I won't be playing it as well as I can in English. Everything I do in it will be slower. I will make way more mistakes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-27 02:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, great….

I let Apple to update my ipad only so they could remove one feature that i was heavily using.

Probably to replace it with a new one i will never use….

I guess its time to move on from apple native apps
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-03-27 03:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
There are rumors that Disney is planning to retcon the sequel trilogy and redo it. I hope its true lol

I heard the same thing a couple months ago but I'll believe it when I see it.

The biggest problem with that rumor is that it almost requires Disney to admit that they made a huge mistake, which is not exactly on-brand for them. Beyond that, there's no point in making a new Episode VII unless Luke Skywalker is involved and their window of time to get any of the original trilogy's actors on board is dwindling (unless they resort to CGI, which has its own issues).

I dunno, I just don't see it happening even though I'd love to see a continuation of the Skywalker saga that is actually true to the characters and doesn't suck. If anything, it's more likely that they will let VII-IX dwindle into obscurity and eventually do a spinoff trilogy instead. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, though.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-27 08:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

oh hey stormblood is free now
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-27 09:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
oh hey stormblood is free now
Added to the endless free trial or what?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-27 09:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the free trial (yet) but it was added to the turbocheap starter edition for all current players. Likely to be added to the free trial soon after
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-27 09:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally done on XB3, but one thing I feel like pointing in terms of experience, is that XB3 brought back a feeling that I never thought I would feel again: its the same melancholy from the FFX.

Mio is the same as Yuna in that both embark an adventure where death is already scheduled and inevitable.

Every aspect of the trip reminds us how life is short, and that everyday is a gift, which we should treasure.

I didnt think I would relieve this mood again. The game is worth for that feeling alone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-27 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe yis. if you're a fan of shitty pizza LC's got that pretzel badness back.

And this year they throwin on a splash of asiago. That's where it's at.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2023-03-27 11:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i sit here until more news about dragon quest 3 and dragon quest 12 is released.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-27 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
news about dragon quest 3 and dragon quest 12

What news is there for an ancient game?

I remember playing it in GBA. Never will forget the surprise I felt when I finished the last boss castle only to discover I was... at half way point...
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2023-03-27 14:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

one of my all time favorite games ever.

I still have the NES and GBC cartridges.
no news since it's announcement back in 2021, only to be hit with "we working on it"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-28 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing i can say after watching this: either this franchise is way more deep than what it seems, thus its story creators are geniuses, or that the fans are the actual geniuses, that can enhance the story to incredible levels only by small glimpses thriw here and there in all games, but when collected, brings a whole new meaning to it
By Pantafernando 2023-03-28 09:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, i believe them ALL
By Pantafernando 2023-03-28 09:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because I want to believe there are more truth being told in between the lines than in the text itself.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-28 16:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-28 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mwahahaha
By Pantafernando 2023-03-28 17:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Last few hours of vacation, im just lazying here watching some youtube videos recommended to me.

Yeah, props for the algorithmn, it does do a very good job picking things that can be interesting to me
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-28 21:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap. I just learned today that my home province came up with underwater football back in the 1960s and is still being played today. This whole time I've been a 20-minute drive away from a REAL-LIFE BLITZBALL LEAGUE?!

And you wanna know the sad thing? I'm only finding out about this because the league is officially no longer going to be funded by the province. Though I'd be interested to see how they'd make this in any way a spectator sport until they figure out the logistics of turning the pool into a giant, floating sphere.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2023-03-29 06:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-29 06:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I AM DONE FOR TODAY
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-29 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I feel like FFXI really nailed the way Final Fantasy cutscenes are supposed to feel.

I'm not sure why I feel that way. Maybe it's the lack of voice acting. Or just how the characters act.

Maybe it's the rough edges and translation that's just a tiny bit off.

Idk. It's something I didn't really feel about FFXIII, XV, or even in a lot of the CSes, XIV.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-29 13:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Sometimes I feel like FFXI really nailed the way Final Fantasy cutscenes are supposed to feel.

I'm not sure why I feel that way. Maybe it's the lack of voice acting. Or just how the characters act.

Maybe it's the rough edges and translation that's just a tiny bit off.

Idk. It's something I didn't really feel about FFXIII, XV, or even in a lot of the CSes, XIV.

Maybe you just miss the world back in the 2000s.

I dont blame you. I really believe our world has long past its prime.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22385 22386 22387 ... 22553 22554 22555