Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22243 22244 22245 ... 22587 22588 22589
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-09 14:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I swear car shopping has got to be the worst thing ever. Even worse than house shopping. A house is a house but the damned car has a billion places to look and a billion options.
Once you have decided to buy a used car from a dealer whatever they ask for it, offer them 1/2 of it.

If they respond with a counter offer LOWER your original offer.

Example: car at $12K. "I'll give you 6." IF they either laugh in your face or the equivalent you offer more. BUT if they say "can you come up to (any number)" they aren't discounting that 6 as a illegitimate offer. "Well no, but I can come down to 5.5."

Bargaining is a game that few Americans know how to play. Its fun.

That ***just doesn't exist anymore lol.

The chip shortage and the gas prices and there is simply a car shortage. There's not bargaining in 2020+ you either take that ***at the markup or another moron will. Cars are currently at a literal premium. I can't even find something under 10k without a check engine light on.

My biggest issue is do I want a car for now for a year or the last car I'm buying.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-07-09 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish they would take the middleman out of car buying
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-09 16:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-07-09 16:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be so much more excited to buy a new car if they gave more options. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I recall my mom buying a new car like 20 years ago and she got to choose dozens of options. It was a checklist of stuff you wanted, and they'd manufacture it with the options you chose, charging for each one you picked.

Now you have maybe three "total package" options, where you get to choose between no bells & whistles and all bells & whistles. And your colour options are black, white, silver, and (if you're lucky) a brown or something.

I was interested in this one car, but if I wanted it in a blue colour, it was only available in the package that cost twice as much because it also had things like a sun roof and leather seats. Like, why? We live in 2022. You'd think I could customize every detail like in GTAV in this day and age.

Ultimately I ended up buying a Forte because it was the only vehicle for miles around that wasn't greyscale >_>
(And it seemed like a good car for the price, which it has been)
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-07-09 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was shocked last month, bought a basic cheapest model new car from a dealership for driving with Lyft and 40 mpg, and even this cheapest possible basic *** model and trim had back up cameras lol

The forte looked tempting though.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-07-09 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That ***just doesn't exist anymore lol.
I am talking used. And things are better the more car lots there are around.
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'd be so much more excited to buy a new car if they gave more options. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I recall my mom buying a new car like 20 years ago and she got to choose dozens of options. It was a checklist of stuff you wanted, and they'd manufacture it with the options you chose, charging for each one you picked.

Now you have maybe three "total package" options, where you get to choose between no bells & whistles and all bells & whistles. And your colour options are black, white, silver, and (if you're lucky) a brown or something.
"Economies of scale." Also automation. The fewer options, the easier on the assembly line.

Indeed, about a decade ago the most exported American built car was the Honda Accord. They built plain jane hondas here and ONLY the lowest option package, exported most of them to the SE Asian market, ran the boats empty to Japan, loaded up on the loaded accord models, shipped them here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-07-09 18:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i think of a lot of the things you could select back then just became standard. plus with back-up cameras

On March 31, 2014, three years past its deadline, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it would require all automobiles sold in the United States built beginning in May 2018 to include backup cameras.

my car was actually originally sold in canada. kinda funny to me.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-07-09 18:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if yhoutube is auto deleting my comments or its the video uploader. Why are Youtube such haters now on free speech :(
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-09 18:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I can't tell if yhoutube is auto deleting my comments or its the video uploader. Why are Youtube such haters now on free speech :(
Because the VAST majority of the comments aren't free speech- they're hate speech and trolling. So if faced with the two equally horrible options of 'unfettered free speech' or 'a civil environment', they've opted for the latter.

Free speech doesn't guarantee an audience. It just guarantees you can say it.
By Draylo 2022-07-09 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They are just creating more carebears everyday.. I think I said something like "This video was so dumb... no offense, but its wrong because...." and I went into an explanation about what the video was about. Then like 2 minutes later its deleted. I get trolling and hate speech is wrong, but their filters are too strict imo. If everyone gets used to simply deleting and blocking any opposition to their opinions... thats not healthy.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-07-09 18:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ew... youtube comments.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-09 18:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They are just creating more carebears everyday.. I think I said something like "This video was so dumb... no offense, but its wrong because...." and I went into an explanation about what the video was about. Then like 2 minutes later its deleted. I get trolling and hate speech is wrong, but their filters are too strict imo. If everyone gets used to simply deleting and blocking any opposition to their opinions... thats not healthy.
You're not wrong about the end result. I just view it as a tough decision either way, and the more "comments closed" videos I see in my normal rotation every day, I think the experiment of YouTube is long over and its time to reign in the idiots.

Yes, some good comments will be lost. That's always the way it has to be when people as a whole can't just behave. Life is a constant yo-yo between freedom and control until a workable balance is met. And often, its not at all what we first thought that 'balance' would look like.
By Hopalong 2022-07-09 20:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"This is the Way"

God I hate that phrase.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-07-09 21:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
"Economies of scale." Also automation. The fewer options, the easier on the assembly line.
Everyone I know who's ever been interested in buying a vehicle has complained about the lack of color options. Could you imagine the money that could be made if one company wisened-up to the demand?

On a similar note, I'm legitimately surprised no one tries to use climate-control or insulation in a vehicle to sell it. I've seen some vehicles that take 40 minutes to warm up/cool down in our local temperature extremes, while others are like "BOOM" straight to comfort. My dad drives this Chevy van that legitimately warms up before its tailpipe is clear of the driveway, even when it's 40 below. If Chevrolet advertised that model as such, they'd sell like absolute hotcakes in this city.

My little Forte is pretty good, too. Especially since it's got an Auto button that lets me "set it and forget it" because it'll regulate fan speed and blower location (even to Defrost) all on its own. I never ever ever have to touch the comfort buttons <3
By Thunderjet 2022-07-10 07:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

if i make 10 FFXI characters can i still Send all Log in points to main for the Empy mats kekw?
By Pantafernando 2022-07-10 07:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant send the points, but the prizes that can be sent.

So, you exchange with mules, then send the trophies to main (trophies are sendable).
By Thunderjet 2022-07-10 07:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
You cant send the points, but the prizes that can be sent.

So, you exchange with mules, then send the trophies to main (trophies are sendable).

Thats all i needed to know ::)
By Pantafernando 2022-07-10 07:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...

I started to think its kinda disturbing when I refer to myself as "we".

Well, it is disturbing, but we are fine with that, anyway.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-10 08:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...

are you sure? did you take a vote?
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-10 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i lost like 14k exemplary trying to solo N cait sith and de leveled to 39 never again play dumb
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-07-10 08:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only governments that must give you free speech. Businesses have no such restrictions.

Also commenting on Utube vids is a bigger waste of time than commenting on forums. People go to forums to read comments but they go to Utube to watch vids.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-07-10 09:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt be that pessimist though. Maybe if you can try some pareto thinking on it, you can always find some solid 20% of worthwhile information on comments/forum over 80% junk/hate.

If its worth spending time grinding those 20% of valuable information, it depends on how that particular video is important to you, and how that particular information is required to understand the content.

For example, when I was watching Limmy show, it was basically impossible to me to understand his english, and sometimes his jokes were really hard to comprehend given some of his unexpected PoV, or just because he was using some very local pun. In that situation, looking for comments to fully understand his jokes were a must.

Maybe this can happen when you have some video with lower views, but once you see videos with hundred of thousands of views, then the comments became unmanageable, maybe reading the 10 most rated comments to see if its anything worthwhile, or to see how was the public reception of that content, then move on.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-07-10 14:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-10 19:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus *** I need fake ***. Clamoranth makes over 1.5 mil a month on onlyclams. I need to get on this hustle.
By Draylo 2022-07-10 21:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont need ***, theres a huge market for men too. You just need a nice face, very good body and a big noodle. Or just the noodle sometimes
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-10 21:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier to buy *** than that lol
By Josiahafk 2022-07-10 21:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
i wish they would take the middleman out of car buying
What type of car are you after?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-07-10 21:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier to buy *** than that lol
Actually there are ways, reliable ways, to increase the size of your pool noodle.

Penie pumps aren't one.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-10 21:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I should clarify; The effort:reward ratio is significantly higher with *** than peenie.

10 grand for ***, make millions
5 grand for enlargement, make thousands
By Draylo 2022-07-10 21:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thousands? No way, the market for men is just as big. Dont underestimate the buying power of the gays. There are also 0 "reliable" methods of enlargements for the noodles, its practically impossible and most are scams, especially any type of surgery.
First Page 2 3 ... 22243 22244 22245 ... 22587 22588 22589