Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21911 21912 21913 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-07-26 20:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Doesn't strike me as that different as requiring certain attire for a job.

Wearing a uniform for a job doesn't really equate to possible long term side effects, nor short term ones.

Id est, no employer should have the right to take your personal health decisions out of your hands. Especially when they usually don't actually care about anyone's health. They just don't want negative PR in the present.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-26 21:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Doesn't strike me as that different as requiring certain attire for a job.

Wearing a uniform for a job doesn't really equate to possible long term side effects, nor short term ones.

Id est, no employer should have the right to take your personal health decisions out of your hands. Especially when they usually don't actually care about anyone's health. They just don't want negative PR in the present.

Guess my years in the military, combined with 2 parents, 4 aunts/uncles, and 3 cousins who are/were public school educators, that give me a different point of view on it. Not saying mine's right- just different.

The military time resulted in me much more ok with understanding I always have the freedom to work somewhere else if the requirements of a job do not match my personal values/beliefs (at least once my enlistment was up lol!), and my family makes me value the benefit to their safety through others' actions.

I get that we rushed a vaccine through a more traditional testing phase seen in non-crisis situations, and as a result we don't have as "predictable" of a product released to the public as we do with more common vaccines seen as normal these days like the MMR vaccine, etc. But I think back to my grandparents receiving the Polio vaccine in similar circumstances (compared to today's standards), and am grateful for the risks they took so I nor my children never need to fear that disease. Guess I'm willing to take similar risks.

Again- don't wanna dissolve this into a no-holds-barred P&R topic- just wanted to explain my personal views and how/why they differ from yours. We are all free to make our own decisions in my book regarding the vaccine- as long as if you remain unvaccinated you're willing to take precautions for others' health that are in your control, but not theirs. But we also must give the employers the same freedoms given to employees.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-07-26 21:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I guess if you have absolutely no other option....
So bathing in cow poop is acceptable? ALL RIGHT!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-26 21:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that we rushed a vaccine through a more traditional testing phase seen in non-crisis situations,
I know what you're saying (I did read your whole post) but I wouldn't use the term "rushed". The cool thing about the mRNA vaccines is that they're all basically identical. They've spent years making sure these things don't have any negative side-effects. And with the two COVID varieties of the mRNA shots, they sourced trials all over the world to collect data that would have otherwise taken years. The vaccines themselves don't even spend more than a couple days in the body. Their volatility is one of the reasons storage has been an issue.

I of course am just a random stranger on the internet, so anyone can take all of that with a grain of salt. I just hope that it alleviates some of the fears. After all, I'm sure these drug companies don't want to kill off their future clientele ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-07-26 22:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
After all, I'm sure these drug companies don't want to kill off their future clientele ;)

That may play into it, but I think their bigger goal is to not be sued into oblivion.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-26 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-27 00:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

TIL they're making a mobile version of warframe. Must've missed that at tennocon
By RadialArcana 2021-07-27 04:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Kinda afraid here.

My company its almost like forcing employees to take “whatever” vaccine before returning to the office till the end of this year.

Im not against that but i want more time, wait for better vaccines, etc.

So im worrying i will end fired because i dont really want to take any vaccine if im not completely decided about this.

How is it in other countries? Did you have any situation where you had to prove you took any vaccine? Personally i think this info should be considered private.

They are going to force you to take it eventually, it's not going to be optional. It's just a matter of time till they say they will fire you if you don't take it, and then make it a requirement of your employment to take the "booster" every 6 months after.

They also have nothing to fear from doing this, companies are being given immunity from legal actions if any side effects do happen.

I wish I bought stock in these pharma companies! Money is awesome.

By Pantafernando 2021-07-27 04:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its temporary.

Companies dont actually care about workers health. What they really want is: 1. Workers to get back to office as soon as they can and 2. Not dealing with lawsuits from workers eventual disease.

As soon as things eventually get back to normal and on-site work becomes again something normal, companies gonna stop caring if you get vaccines or no.

Its all about time, a transitory state. The problem is only crossing that dangerous zone. Hopefully i can cross it still being employed as i like my current work.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-07-27 06:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess my years in the military

based on friends/family who were military, i'm curious... could you even make a guess at how many different jabs you were given, or all the diff things you were given? some of the talking points that are given at the moment about forcing vaccines on soldiers makes me laugh a bit, when as my uncle would tell it, "i asked them what was in the shot they were giving to me, and they yelled "next!". then i got 10 more shots from different nurses that same day.".
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 06:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what all they give you, but there was a ***ton of vaccinations. You don't really ask questions. You get a whole cocktail of overseas protections.

You got like 12-15 in basic (2004) generic stuff, MMR flu tetanus polio hep cholera
https://usarmybasic.com/about-the-army/army-shots
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-27 06:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Soldiers are trained to never question authority, they just do as they are told. They don't take shots because they decided to, they were just shouted at and complied.

Free people get to actually decide if they want to be medicated or not.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 08:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 10:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So........... I just got 20 8 packs of fun size Hershey for 5 bucks.

That's a little chocolate.

Hello diabeetus
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-27 11:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kit-Kat are my favourite. Especially the Chunky bars.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-07-27 12:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 13:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen that flavor but I tried the original ones, yeah, they aight
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 13:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

M. Night Shyamalan's Old

Pretty good. The "shyamalan twist" not super obvious. Fitting. Given that opportunity, yeah, logic. I love that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-27 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kit-Kat are my favourite. Especially the Chunky bars.
I just ate a Kit-Kat Chunky. Thanks a lot, Eiryl, you instigator.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
the spoiler

That last part is the part that makes it good. Not only would they, but they SHOULD. One for the many and all that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-27 14:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

Guess my years in the military

based on friends/family who were military, i'm curious... could you even make a guess at how many different jabs you were given, or all the diff things you were given? some of the talking points that are given at the moment about forcing vaccines on soldiers makes me laugh a bit, when as my uncle would tell it, "i asked them what was in the shot they were giving to me, and they yelled "next!". then i got 10 more shots from different nurses that same day.".

probably a little background will help:

1. I didn't enter the military until I had finished both my undergraduate and graduate degrees, so I was 25, not a wide-eyed, all-trusting 18 year old.

2. I was a musician in the Navy. Non-deployable, so there while I did go through boot camp and all the "standard" inoculations associated with that time, since I was never sent overseas I didn't have to worry about many things other servicemen and women do.

At least for me, and very much likely due to my age and prior education before indoctrination, I never once felt "forced" into a decision I didn't agree with. Again- maybe because I was experienced enough (or at least more than my fellow recruits) to know I always had an out. Not a pleasant one, mind you...but there was a way. Pair that with me being able to constantly say to myself, "you made this choice knowing what came with it, this shouldn't surprise you" and yes, I can with full confidence say I wasn't ever forced into something.

When I cited my time in the military possibly being one reason why I'm more comfortable with mandatory vaccination, the primary reason is that greater sense of others one gains with military service. All that constant drilling and reminding that there is a "big picture" to things- that way of thinking does stick with you.

But don't confuse my dedication to my personal decision as confidence or faith that the government I worked for had my best interests at heart. I found a way to make a living for myself and a family by doing what I loved, so I took it. I hadn't reached the proficiency to where I could make that living in the civilian world due to so few positions in the country that were a) open, b) provided health insurance, and c) that I could win. So playing in a military band was my way...and I knew it came with requirements I wouldn't see (at that time) in the civilian world.

As far as how many inoculations I received during my time in- about a half dozen at boot camp, required annual flu vaccinations, and some members of my command went on a South Pacific concert tour and had to take extras prior.

....they never took the Bassoonists on the fun stuff ^^
By Jetackuu 2021-07-27 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I guess if you have absolutely no other option....
So bathing in cow poop is acceptable? ALL RIGHT!

classic meme
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-27 14:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouda played something brass.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-27 14:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shouda played something brass.

ok when did my ENTIRE FAMILY start following ffxiah?? ;)

(both parents were classically trained trumpeters, 2 hornists in my family{one of which plays professionally}, a tubist, and two trombonists{one teaches})
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-27 15:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just received my Links Awakening for switch, but then i felt like i should play the game boy version just for the nostalgia.

Now its too late. And i wont play twice the same game
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-27 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I learned that one of the job sites to which I am sending roof trusses just dug up a bunch of bones. They're building the house on ancient indigenous burial grounds. Which, incidentally, is the plot to my favourite horror movie >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Update: They've found the remains of 8 people so far.

I've been asked to reduce the pitch of the roof so they can stop digging further down while maintaining the maximum height of the house.
First Page 2 3 ... 21911 21912 21913 ... 22553 22554 22555