Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21908 21909 21910 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Jetackuu 2021-07-23 22:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean people thought Napoleon Dynamite was a funny movie.

On another hand multiple cult classics had bad reviews.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-07-23 22:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-23 23:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Woke SJWs got ahold of He-Man and ruined it. 'Masters of the Universe: Revelation' takes the boys out of play and lets butch-hair-cut Teela and her girl power gang take center stage... because it's 2021 and of course they did.
Haven't seen it yet; we want to wait until more episodes air because it sucks getting to a cliffhanger for a year at a time.

Incidentally, I really do like the recent She-Ra reboot. Agenda or not, it does a great job building and establishing a cohesive universe with a tight story and likable characters.

Jetackuu said: »
I mean people thought Napoleon Dynamite was a funny movie.
Napoleon Dynamite wasn't funny so much as it was quotable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-07-24 00:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

By Josiahafk 2021-07-24 00:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They got jokes for testimony night at the Celebrate Recovery, lol.

[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-24 04:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I never trust critic reviews, almost always paid for shills writing the worst *** kissing garbage or toxic fake anger, depending on who is paid. User reviews more often are what I look at. SJW crap always is an instant no watch from me.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-24 05:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no problem trusting critic review, but obviously you shouldnt trust EVERY opinion.

Know a couple of groups that you trust their opinions, then give them higher credibility.

Personally, i distrust the supposed unbiased opinion. Despite being something you aggre or not, having someone known to have a certain bias and that didnt hide it gives them more credibility overall.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-24 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Woke SJWs got ahold of He-Man and ruined it. 'Masters of the Universe: Revelation' takes the boys out of play and lets butch-hair-cut Teela and her girl power gang take center stage... because it's 2021 and of course they did.

What other numbers did you expect?

Now waiting on a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with 4 female turtles named Tiktok, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.

I now demand a transgender She-Ra. Might have to work on the name.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-24 07:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I never trust critic reviews, almost always paid for shills writing the worst *** kissing garbage or toxic fake anger, depending on who is paid. User reviews more often are what I look at. SJW crap always is an instant no watch from me.

There used to be a time that knowledge of a field was considered a prerequisite for having your opinion matter on a large scale.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But they're also like ***- messy, hidden among polite company, and everyone's got one.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-24 07:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No greater mistake(s) than allowing every human to say whatever they want to every other human, anonymously, with no consequences.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-24 07:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What other numbers did you expect?

Now waiting on a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with 4 female turtles named Tiktok, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.

I used to get mad about stuff like this, when they ruined star wars, star trek etc etc

Now I don't care, just don't watch it. They want the fanbase to be mad and this is all designed to annoy them, it's just free advertising to appeal to the opposite side people who will watch it just to spite them.

wtf cares about he-man anyway, what's the next outrage? fraggle rock or flash gordon?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-24 07:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The next/newest outrage is white washing snake eyes (or unwhiting or whatever crazy ***people come up with) whichever side they fall on. Both sides pretending to be mad.

The next next one I don't know though
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-07-24 07:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No greater mistake than allowing every human to say whatever they want to every other human, anonymously, with no consequences.
Millions of “mistakes” greater than this.
Sapience will always have quirks, if it didn’t it wouldn’t be sapience.

This is the cost of intellect existing, and if you want to halo style remove all that level of existence then that’s a discussion for another day.
By Viciouss 2021-07-24 07:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously the biggest difference in the new He Man show is it's telling a serialized story that is being shown in order, whereas in the 80s it was just an episodic cartoon made for kids that was aired at random. It has really high production value and a good voice cast, and it's probably safe to say its a bit more bloody than the original cartoon. It seems like they are releasing five episodes at a time, and I'm sure they are having a nice laugh at the fake outrage on youtube right now.

Last night RT had 2000 user reviews, this morning its been culled down to 1500. Its just unverified accounts giving it a zero, aka review bombing. None of those trolls actually watched it.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-24 08:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Its understandable that old cartoon like we used to watch (from 80's/90's) have lost their place nowaday. Back then, it was common pre-teens spending their time watching TV.

Nowaday I guess just little kids should watch TV because most parents just use it to distract their children attention to do anything else but caring them.

When they get a tad older, probably they will just stay on cellphone / internet.

So, not much choice to those old cartoons to try to find new users with whatever should get their attention. Drastic changes gives them some weeks of free advertisement before people just get used to it.

Personally, I dont know how is the cartoon market nowaday but i see my nephews at around 10 years old, and all I they want is to use internet instead of watching TV.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-24 08:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more bothered at the thought of today's writers and artists reduced to recycling 40 year old content vs given the freedom to make and perfect their own work.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-24 08:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There is obviously good stuff like what you're talking about out there, but not everything gets the green-light to have so much produced that it floods the numbers of viewership enough to move the produced toys/licensed-merch. "Can we slap this on a bunch of plastic junk to hawk at walmart? We can? Great! Make us 26 episodes"!

Pantafernando said: »
Personally, I dont know how is the cartoon market nowaday but i see my nephews at around 10 years old, and all I they want is to use internet instead of watching TV.

The "old guard" is taking their time to die off so the ways are changed.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-24 09:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm more bothered at the thought of today's writers and artists reduced to recycling 40 year old content vs given the freedom to make and perfect their own work.

Tell that to SE and their endless remakes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-24 09:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the old formula.

Shameless yeah. But never fail to work.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-24 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

36 hour leak test (ran longer than I planned) done and the loop is dry. Looks like I'm clear to fill with real fluid.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-24 11:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

All those garbage shows from the '80s and '90s which were used to just sell toys to kids getting modern reboots actually excites me a bit. I know most of them are going to suck, but conceptually a lot of the shows had good ideas that they just couldn't execute on.

Thanks to streaming services allowing people to watch a show in order instead of being forced to watch reruns and hope you can gleam some sort of episodic order from it, people can actually tell a story now. Characters can have arcs, they can be brought on or off as needed, you don't need the whole universe to return to status quo at the end of each episode.

That's why Avatar: The Last Airbender was so groundbreaking. And that's why the only episodes that ever saw reruns were the shitty filler episodes like The Great Divide. In some ways, I'm really excited for the future of media. It can be consumed in smaller chunks like a TV show, but tell a cohesive story like a movie.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-24 12:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I too used to hate those series who never had any sort of progression (no "memory") between chapters. Thats why when the anime / manga boom happened in 90's, it hit me right in my weak spot and felt in love with it with no return.

But nowaday I guess I grew older and suddenly liking more than before the slice of life type of story, where its basically a large collection of independant stories, I think its fine not having a plot underlining the story.

Think that, while progression gives a sense to story, without progression your favorite character wont change at all. Then you can enjoy it the same from the start to the end. While when there is a progression, your favorite character can become something you really despise.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-07-24 12:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I too used to hate those series who never had any sort of progression (no "memory") between chapters. Thats why when the anime / manga boom happened in 90's, it hit me right in my weak spot and felt in love with it with no return.

But nowaday I guess I grew older and suddenly liking more than before the slice of life type of story, where its basically a large collection of independant stories, I think its fine not having a plot underlining the story.

Think that, while progression gives a sense to story, without progression your favorite character wont change at all. Then you can enjoy it the same from the start to the end. While when there is a progression, your favorite character can become something you really despise.

I remember watching Voltron as a kid, thinking that it was one of those shows that basically reset every episode because a vast majority of the episodes were pointless to the overall story arc.

But then they killed off a major villain, and it confused the crap out of me. I was thinking, "Can they do that?" I suddenly became a lot more invested in seeing the rest!
By Jetackuu 2021-07-24 12:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-24 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

update on the whistle, I lucked out and it was my friend's mule. yey