Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21839 21840 21841 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Viciouss 2021-04-13 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Not sure how you can rationalize identity politics not being about politics.

It's been pointed out in many threads, he is a world class troll.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 08:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray new page
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 08:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i like the proposal that i sit in a discord with anyone from AH

probably the only thing that makes this site bearable is the opposite

anyway people dunking on adobe in twitter is a good reminder to everyone:
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 08:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
people dunking on adobe in twitter
What's the story behind that?
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 08:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i like the proposal that i sit in a discord with anyone from AH

Wasn't talking about you, was talking about the people that have barely posted for months but all showed up at the same time xD
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-13 08:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Prices an fees associated with using and even u subscribing from Adobe products.

Personally I see less and less reason to pay for them with things like Procreate out there now but that's just me.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 08:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Prices an fees associated with using and even u subscribing from Adobe products.

Personally I see less and less reason to pay for them with things like Procreate out there now but that's just me.
I've been using Paint dot Net for like 13 years now. Basically free Photoshop with unlimited Undo's.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-13 08:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know how it is- the use and demand for those related products far exceeds the knowledge about them. So while "free" options may exist out there that we think of as common knowledge, the fact is that there is a much larger portion of the user base completely unaware of other choices because they didn't grow up in this world, but work in it.
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 09:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

industry-standard software that's basically required to use anywhere you go in the field, being on a subscription model providing zero benefit to the consumer other than milking them out of their money for perpetuity. support is *** and features that have been reported over years rarely get addressed in any meaningful form, yet base functions get moved around all the time under the guise of updates

sure, the original model wasn't cheap - the adobe suite was expensive as hell prior to the sub model, but at least you owned the product in that form - as much as one owns software anyway.

and as much as people would like to use alternatives, the industry at large sticks to what they know and trying to shift it entirely isn't going to work with how set in their ways they currently are
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 09:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pff. Just slap on some Comic Sans and call it a day!
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-04-13 10:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Over time one gleans which posters just stick around to stir ***and have their entitled pretentious affirmed, for me I give everyone a shot at genuine dialogue and then stop responding to their posts if they repeatedly opt out of that effort etc.

We are very simple critters after all, sapience notwithstanding.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 10:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

basically.

let's not conflate "troll" with "massive idiot", though.

one actually takes some level of wit and all.

in other news, nintendo's slowly leaning into the blurple again

don't be cowards, give me see-thru consoles again u nerds
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 10:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably buy a Switch if its shell resembled this
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 10:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BRING
IT
BACK
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-04-13 10:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably buy a Switch if its shell resembled this

I prefer the Japanese one.

I have considered ordering one and doing a backlight mod to it but honestly I'd prefer a nice portable handheld emulator that was decently made. I've considered getting a good case made for a PI multiple times but nothing quite really does the trick.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 11:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's bring '90s nostalgia back, full swing!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-13 11:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

like this?

[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 11:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

man i don't wanna futz around with custom shells off etsy or some ***

smh
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-04-13 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Brotherhood of the Wolf is SUCH A GREAT MOVIE.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 11:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Over time one gleans which posters just stick around to stir ***and have their entitled pretentious affirmed, for me I give everyone a shot at genuine dialogue and then stop responding to their posts if they repeatedly opt out of that effort etc.

We are very simple critters after all, sapience notwithstanding.

Honestly, although I tend to post a lot of nonsense that comes across my mind it's not intended to troll or annoy people. That's just how I am I guess, can't do much to change it at this point.

Most just ignore my scribblings if they come across as nonsense and move on with their day, but some got riled up today.

Apologies if that was you, that actually wasn't my intention and I just blurted out what I was thinking about without re-reading it to make sure it wasn't going to cause problems.

I'll try my best to stick to the FFXI sections of the site.

btw I had to google some of those words!
[+]
By Xaander 2021-04-13 11:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Back reading the last page nonsense was painful. I still have that green see-through N64 and it's been like a permanent Harvest Moon 64 machine. It's like... the only harvest moon that was never remade. Definitely one of the best.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is "new" or I'm just noticing it more.

You (I) hear about a (thing happening) and then... never any resolution. it's just a constant state of blueballs. Either it's always been that way and I'm just noticing it or something recently shifted in the dynamic.

Anyone else feel that way? Think about it for a second, that thing you heard about, what ever happened with that thing? Why didn't you ever hear about the resolution.

All these beginnings find their way into my eyeholes and earholes and never any endings.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-13 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Care to point examples?

Well, what youre saying sounds like some silly ***media tends to majorate just for the fuss.

Then they move on to the next major agenda.

For example, here press tend to lack news when the legislative is on vacations. Then they find anything that seems like the next major human manace till the end of vacation.

Like, normally here in january major topics are prison rebelions, amazon forest fire, etc. Though, since the covid they never again had to resort to those. They do talked about amazon forest after covid deaths slowed down here for a moment, though.

What happened with the fire or the violence in prisons? Well, most likely nothing changed, they just stopped being important.

Im not sure if thats what youre talking about
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 13:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I read about Craig Wright getting sued D.A.I.L.Y. and then just nothing.

It's been so long I completely forgot it was even a thing. But now he's being sued again.

Or Docs ban on twitch.
By Xaander 2021-04-13 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I sort of know what you're talking about, but I'm the kind of person who does follow-up research on things that interest me. The media has a tendency to emphasize the sensational parts of a story (generally, what I hear in the beginning). They do, however, finish the stories eventually. If the endings aren't exciting enough, the conclusion ends up being a little harder to find. It's usually out there if you put in the effort to find it though.

Edit: For lawsuits, they usually take a long time to run their course through the courts. Especially when one side has the money and incentive to stall. You might not hear about the conclusion for years. Even then, sometimes you may not hear the details if it was settled.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-13 14:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Xaander said: »
If the endings aren't exciting enough, the conclusion ends up being a little harder to find. It's usually out there if you put in the effort to find it though.
Yeah sometimes things just sort of peter out. At first it's breaking news and you hear about everything every hour or so, then it's every day, then it's maybe every 2-3 days, then a week, and then you just sort of forget that it was even something you were interested in.

It's like when a YouTuber you're subscribed to just stops uploading. You might not even notice it because you're subscribed to 100 different people who all upload in different intervals. In a world where you're being overwhelmed with sensory input, the sudden lapse of one of those things is just negligible.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-04-13 14:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't know if this is "new" or I'm just noticing it more.

You (I) hear about a (thing happening) and then... never any resolution. it's just a constant state of blueballs. Either it's always been that way and I'm just noticing it or something recently shifted in the dynamic.

Anyone else feel that way? Think about it for a second, that thing you heard about, what ever happened with that thing? Why didn't you ever hear about the resolution.

All these beginnings find their way into my eyeholes and earholes and never any endings.
This post is me a year after alluvion Outer Rak skirmish was announced
By Pantafernando 2021-04-13 16:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Or after delve 2 was released.

I guess Odyssey is the ending that delve was suposed to have (in terms of last boss and complete gearsets).
By Draylo 2021-04-13 17:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to get the large set, my first 1/6 scale figures, they are pretty neat

[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-04-13 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21839 21840 21841 ... 22573 22574 22575