Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20922 20923 20924 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Ramyrez 2017-07-14 22:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
gta v is pretty good. i've been playing it. got side tracked with new tsw, but it's definitely worth 50 bucks or however much it is now.

My only hesitance on GTAV is that it's sort of halted the progress of the entire series because Rockstar has discovered multiplayer and pay-to-play DLC. I'm a big lover of the PS1/2-Era GTA games and liked IV well enough so...eh. It's even on sale right now so I'll probably pick it up.

Though I am a bit sour with Rockstar right now too for their PC ports being garbage. I picked up all the PS2/3-era games on Steam and none of them work on PC properly. Really grinds my gears.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-14 22:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Does Destiny have any single player campaign, let alone a worthwhile one?

I have never played Borderlands/2/PS with another soul and I adore the hell out of all of them. I realize Destiny will probably lack the "character" of Borderlands but it still seems like a solid shooter if it has a viable single player campaign.
If it's so reliant upon MP that it's unplayable/un-enjoyable w/out it, I'll pass in general.

It's nowhere near as good as Borderlands if you don't plan to play with other people on a regular basis/do PvP.

Quote:
Horizon Zero Dawn seems up my alley. Uncharted, as stated, came with the system and I'll get to that. Though I do have to ask...I played 1 and 2 and missed 3. Will I miss anything major jumping right into 4?

Very narrative driven games. But iirc there's sort of a recap at the beginning of 4.

Quote:
FF XV I'm still up in the air about. Mostly because I'm so iffy on SE following XIII and it's uncountable "sequels." But people seemed to generally enjoy XV so I guess I'll play it in the end.

Try to find it on sale, especially since you need to buy the Season Pass too for all the important story DLCs. Persona 5 is a way better investment at full MSRP. I think you've said before you usually aren't in to the super Japanese infused games (may be mistaking you with someone else) but it's worth it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-07-14 22:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have drifted from my early-college-years infatuation with Japanese culture, it's true, but I still appreciate various aspects of the society and their games. I'll look into it. I do note it is "5"...assuming it's a series, does it stand well enough alone?
By Ramyrez 2017-07-14 22:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It's nowhere near as good as Borderlands if you don't plan to play with other people on a regular basis/do PvP.

That's unfortunate because while it seems to lack the irreverence of the Borderlands series it seemed to have a significant enough RPG-type quality to stand alone for single player. Ah well, I may have hoped for too much.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-14 23:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have drifted from my early-college-years infatuation with Japanese culture, it's true, but I still appreciate various aspects of the society and their games. I'll look into it. I do note it is "5"...assuming it's a series, does it stand well enough alone?

The linking story between Persona games is tenuous at best so you're good
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-15 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
gta v is pretty good. i've been playing it. got side tracked with new tsw, but it's definitely worth 50 bucks or however much it is now.

My only hesitance on GTAV is that it's sort of halted the progress of the entire series because Rockstar has discovered multiplayer and pay-to-play DLC. I'm a big lover of the PS1/2-Era GTA games and liked IV well enough so...eh. It's even on sale right now so I'll probably pick it up.

Though I am a bit sour with Rockstar right now too for their PC ports being garbage. I picked up all the PS2/3-era games on Steam and none of them work on PC properly. Really grinds my gears.

the pc version is actually an improved version. they went all out. it's definitely got enough content to justify the cost. i don't think it's as bad as other games in regards to dlc. the online is pretty much it's own game.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-15 03:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Destiny have any single player campaign, let alone a worthwhile one?

I have never played Borderlands/2/PS with another soul and I adore the hell out of all of them. I realize Destiny will probably lack the "character" of Borderlands but it still seems like a solid shooter if it has a viable single player campaign.

If it's so reliant upon MP that it's unplayable/un-enjoyable w/out it, I'll pass in general.

Horizon Zero Dawn seems up my alley. Uncharted, as stated, came with the system and I'll get to that. Though I do have to ask...I played 1 and 2 and missed 3. Will I miss anything major jumping right into 4?

FF XV I'm still up in the air about. Mostly because I'm so iffy on SE following XIII and it's uncountable "sequels." But people seemed to generally enjoy XV so I guess I'll play it in the end.
Destiny's gameplay is fantastic, but the story was pretty weak, and it's nowhere near as good as Borderlands. And I've only ever watched people play Borderlands lol.

They're scrapping Destiny 1 soon though, and I'm not sure about Destiny 2 yet. I did like the more serious tone of Destiny, but it kinda felt ehh, since the story was sorta tacked on in the first one. Course, that's what happens when you fire your writer and try to hash out levels with minimal story and maximum shooty or whatever. Really poor choice on their part.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-15 04:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

OH MY SWEET MARY MOTHER OF ***

They're putting STR on VIT accessories. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Long as it's 50% of a real STR accessory with materia I'm happy.

buffing WAR and DRK DPS

shake it off being changed

WAR stances will no longer half gauge on change
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-07-15 11:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming WHM salt 5.0 - the electric boogolu Armageddon.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-15 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally said *** it and bought FFXII:ZA at Gamestop.

Guy gives me the receipt and says "Here's the code for your free SE movie. You get a choice between Kingsglaive, Advent Children, or...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2017-07-15 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
._. Spirits Within was a good movie, it's just they should of known the crowd to see that movie was narrower than mainstream.

But I still liked the movie...

I liked it too, but in retrospect, it's hard not to see all the faults therein and why it bombed from moviegoer standpoint; regardless of familiarity with the franchise or not.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Now that I look back, Kingsglaive was pretty bad too. At least Advent Children is serviceable to extend the life that is the VII franchise.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2017-07-15 22:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirits within was a good movie.

it just should have never had the final fantasy name attached to it.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-07-16 01:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2017-07-16 07:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-07-16 09:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-07-16 12:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Artemicion 2017-07-16 14:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd think I would learn my lesson clicking on spoilers Chuuu posts, but noooooooooo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20922 20923 20924 ... 22553 22554 22555