First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 13:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I've seen T2 aga spells trigger grellow before but that shits not listed on wiki.

Never happened to me or anybody I know <_>
If we try to proc grellow it's allways one of the said spells on wiki.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 13:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen darkness from discernment many times. It has always been energy drain/shadow of death/Blade: Ei. Sunburst has only been a light proc. Think of it this way: When an NM is claimed, a red proc WS is set to it. Let's assume for some instance it is Sunburst. When your discernment abyssite procs it checks which WS the red proc is, and tells you what element it is. If the proc is indeed Sunburst, it will always tell you "light elemental weaponskill"
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-09 13:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I've seen T2 aga spells trigger grellow before but that shits not listed on wiki.

yah guess i have to ss next time i do it lol..

not that seal farming is hard even if you don't proc.. just spam the ***out of nm's fast >_>
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 13:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

not that seal farming is hard even if you don't proc.. just spam the ***out of nm's fast >_>

Very possible that someone else was casting a different spell at the same time, and procced it with one of the verified spells. Unless of course you were the only mage/blue/nin/brd present.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 14:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

my personal experience has lined up with Finalvegeta but a lot less red!! procing since we've all obtained the Abyssite so it's tough for me to say personally. I have seen darkness many times and 1 of the normal 3 have always worked for me... personally. That's why I'm also interested in seeing SSs.

Something interesting is some people have reported discernment being wrong, I don't have a SS but I think I've come across it being wrong once before. We also got claim on Turul the other night @ 22:02 and it was "Sword" for blue, we ended up disengaging and reclaiming to change to Blunt but it was kinda weird.

This seems very strange to me too, you sure it wasn't Banishga II or just multiple people casting @ and around the same time? I've never seen a Tier II -ga proc personally.

If other people have this shared experience please throw up a picture so we can all learn from it. (full picture with good view of expanded chat log)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 14:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Very possible that someone else was casting a different spell at the same time, and procced it with one of the verified spells. Unless of course you were the only mage/blue/nin/brd present.

Unless there's only one mage casting, and he can screenshot it for us, this was the case.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-09 14:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

done it a few times last week with smn X2 and a blm on koios
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

here is something odd.. I have a friend who has Discernment Abyssite and has not once ever seen a reading in his log also I need to check with him to be sure but I think he says his log does not show when the fiend is staggered. Anyone know why?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 14:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

done it a few times last week with smn X2 and a blm on koios

Smn can proc yellow with elementals.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 14:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
here is something odd.. I have a friend who has Discernment Abyssite and has not once ever seen a reading in his log also I need to check with him to be sure but I think he says his log does not show when the fiend is staggered. Anyone know why?

Sounds like a chat filter issue? Maybe System Lv.1-3?
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-09 14:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yah.. but we only been doing wind blade spam :o .. either way.. i wouldn't expect you all to believe me.. ill just post a ss next time

maybe if you try every spell at your disposal tho and still can't proc give the aga 2 a go >_>
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-09 14:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Without further information, your friend has to perform an action to get a message. Like to know red weakness, he needs to do one of the red weakness WSs. Yellow he has to cast a spell..etc.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have also been an Aero IV from garuda.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Without further information, your friend has to perform an action to get a message. Like to know red weakness, he needs to do one of the red weakness WSs. Yellow he has to cast a spell..etc.

yea I know, he knows that too. He does ***all the time plays BLM, WAR, MNK it's not like he's just sitting around :P

I'll have him check the filters I didn't think you could change that type of a msg color/hold etc.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 14:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

yah.. but we only been doing wind blade spam :o .. either way.. i wouldn't expect you all to believe me.. ill just post a ss next time

maybe if you try every spell at your disposal tho and still can't proc give the aga 2 a go >_>

Done a massive amount of nms and the listed spells allways procs tho <_> every time lol
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-09 14:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Done a massive amount of nms and the listed spells allways procs tho <_> every time lol

could be i'm just remembering wrong.. i'll just ss in the future if i do happen to do it ^^
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 14:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

could be i'm just remembering wrong.. i'll just ss in the future if i do happen to do it ^^

Yeah screenshot it if it happends again:P
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-09 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I've seen darkness from discernment many times. It has always been energy drain/shadow of death/Blade: Ei. Sunburst has only been a light proc. Think of it this way: When an NM is claimed, a red proc WS is set to it. Let's assume for some instance it is Sunburst. When your discernment abyssite procs it checks which WS the red proc is, and tells you what element it is. If the proc is indeed Sunburst, it will always tell you "light elemental weaponskill"

I have nothing but respect for you Kir. I've seen you help many people in other threads and you normally don't resort to condescending or insulting off the bat. I'm saying this because I don't want you to take my next comment in the wrong context:

I am confident that I have gotten darkness sunburst at least once. I have an story i listed on the last page about having to swap jobs just for red. We were Nin, thf, drk(me - i didn't have war leveled yet and i was designated "slashing blue guy"), whm(lazy bum without staff skill) and blm. I did not particularly want to go swap jobs just for one weaponskill and run back. I am SURE we would have spammed ei, SoD, and energy drain at least 5 times each before swapping.

I don't happen to have a screenshot of it ever happening. I also have most of the atmas that matter, and alot of what we fight now are repeat offenders for +2 items. We have 1 party farm pops and 2 kill NMs. I am always in the "Grellow > Blue > kill asap" situations and (most likely) will not come across red for awhile BUT if i do i will make sure to SS any darkness sunbursts if i see them.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 14:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

I have nothing but respect for you Kir. I've seen you help many people in other threads and you normally don't resort to condescending or insulting off the bat. I'm saying this because I don't want you to take my next comment in the wrong context:

I am confident that I have gotten darkness sunburst at least once. I have an story i listed on the last page about having to swap jobs just for red. We were Nin, thf, drk(me - i didn't have war leveled yet and i was designated "slashing blue guy"), whm(lazy bum without staff skill) and blm. I did not particularly want to go swap jobs just for one weaponskill and run back. I am SURE we would have spammed ei, SoD, and energy drain at least 5 times each before swapping.

I don't happen to have a screenshot of it ever happening. I also have most of the atmas that matter, and alot of what we fight now are repeat offenders for +2 items. We have 1 party farm pops and 2 kill NMs. I am always in the "Grellow > Blue > kill asap" situations and (most likely) will not come across red for awhile BUT if i do i will make sure to SS any darkness sunbursts if i see them.

I apologize if I sounded condescending. I'm just looking at this from the standpoint of a programmer, and of course applying my personal experience. If you have indeed procced red with sunburst after getting darkness from discernment, and can provide adequate proof, I will believe it completely.

It just seems silly to me that they would program it so sometimes discernment tells you Light when it's sunburst, and sometimes it tells you Darkness.
By Serj 2011-02-09 14:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have pictures, but sunburst has been the red proc for both light and darkness in my experience. The weaponskill description says it is both at any rate.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 14:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the real irony is how rated down OP was for this thread (I'm well aware OP would be rated down by people no matter the content of the post on this site) and people had the attitude of "everyone is in agreement with all the intricacies of Abyssea" saying there are no longer any myths but now there is all this discussion about what some believed were myths and others are saying is true. carry on ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-09 15:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
the real irony is how rated down OP was for this thread (I'm well aware OP would be rated down by people no matter the content of the post on this site) and people had the attitude of "everyone is in agreement with all the intricacies of Abyssea" saying there are no longer any myths but now there is all this discussion about what some believed were myths and others are saying is true. carry on ^^
Shut up
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 15:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

It just seems silly to me that they would program it so sometimes discernment tells you Light when it's sunburst, and sometimes it tells you Darkness.

It's not that silly though considering the WS has always been light or dark based elemental damage.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-09 15:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I do see why some of the confusion occurs on some spells--to me it seems like chatlog latency.

For example, one time we were fighting an NM (I think it was Dvallin) and the proc element ended up being wind magic. So one of our BLMs, not having memorised what spell triggers are for each element, proceeded to cast Aero (along with some of the other mages and BLU casting various wind spells, staggered but at about the same period.) At that moment the !! yellow proc came out, and of course everyone wanted to be sure the exact spell was identified so it wouldn't be cast again by accident. Upon checking the chat log, the log actually did say "xxx casts Aero on the <t>." and the next line was "Your attack staggers the fiend!"

This appeared on several people's chat logs so it started some argument on vent as to whether Aero (tier 1) could possibly have been a trigger. The event leader, of course, was adamant that a T1 spell could never be the trigger.

In retrospect, it does seem that examining the chat log for 'proof' isn't always the best policy, as often times the chat log itself can be lagged in response. Some times I see mob damage shown after the line where it says the mob was defeated, and other times has the results of a WS parsed many lines down after the actual WS was executed visually and damage had actually been applied in-game.

Not to say this discounts every possibility of non-standard !! procs, but I suspect this might account for a large number of them, even in a screen shot situation.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 15:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The trigger !! effect in the chatlog usually occur before the ws/spell happends in the log aswell, atleast for me <_>
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

It's not that silly though considering the WS has always been light or dark based elemental damage.

If it is indeed true, that would mean:
1. There are 2 separate possible "Sunburst" procs that are possible to be correct when a mob is claimed (SunburstLight and SunburstDark)

or

2. It was programmed to randomly choose Light or Darkness in the case that Sunburst was the proc.

What makes this seem unlikely to me is that there is very solid proof that Sunburst is, at the least, a Light proc. No one disputes this.

There are a very small number of people who claim they have seen it proc after darkness was discerned. Because of this I feel it is safe to assume that mistakes were made. Either someone else procced red with a different Darkness WS while Sunburst was being used, or the red proc was somehow reset after the Darkness discernment, and it became sunburst.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-09 15:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Red proc is 100% KI ¿
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-09 15:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Red proc is 100% KI ¿

newp! :p
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-09 15:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People also have to be careful of chat filters, make sure what you think is a trigger is not the ppl next to you triggering their mob.

SE should change it too "Axle staggers the mob"
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 15:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Not sure if this has been properly tested, but it has occurred in my LS at least twice.

If someone gets initial claim on a mob (For instance, if they want the KI from it) and then claims another mob and starts fighting it, they will lose initial claim on the first mob (it will go to whoever hits it next).

On more than once occasion we've had someone pull a KI NM, it came with a link, then they attacked the link before the NM. Someone other than the initial puller got the KI.

Myths again.

Maybe a mix up of who aggroed and who claimed? Because aggro NM wont give you *initial claim*.
The NMs were pulled, and attacked by the initial puller before the initial puller switched and attacked the link. I did not word it properly in my initial post, I should have said "...then they attacked the link before the NM was killed."

edit: When I say "pulled" I mean pulled with an aggresive action, not just aggro'd

I can't explain it, never saw this happen for us, maybe server glitch.

Talking about glitch, idk what happened last week on Fenrir server but all NM was in rage mode at some point, should have seen Bennu raping us, with crazy accuracy/evasion. I did Bennu duo/trio many time (20x+), that night we had 2 thf, 2 whm, 1 blm, blu ect.. (full wipe 3x)

Another NM that raged on us for no reason was Sisyphus, @ 50% (after 6~ min fight...) he raged, Evis was doing 25~80 dmg, he was hitting us for 860 per normal hit, and his evasion was crazzy, he was also hell accurate, piercing my evasion like i had none.

I mean it was the first time i fight that nm, and someone in my LS told me he use to be that painfull, but that was also incorrect, 3 day after we did him again (5x) and he was a joke...

Apademak it was on same week... My question about him is: Do he in Rage mode full time, or was just another glitch we experienced that week? This NM is probably the worse broken NM i ever saw in abyssea... Wiki say:

wiki said:
Will 'Level Up' after absorbing thunder damage, including casting on itself. Builds resistance to StunVerification Needed but will not use Fulmination until it has levelled up at least once.

The thing is, he did not even follow that rule at all, he was Auto-leveling for no reason (even without any lightning spell cast on him.. (not by self or by us) Even worse is after Wipe, we RR and reclaim and baam auto-leveling again + Fulmination as soon reclaim.

Did anyone got better luck with that NM or is just broken till SE fix it?