What Is Best And Worst 2hours?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What is best and worst 2hours?
What is best and worst 2hours?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-01-22 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yet another great example would be the 4% haste belt that is in the level cap 30 or 40 area, simply familar a IT hexeye and u can pretty much solo that fight with bst where u would need a party otherwise. although today i beivle they removed the cap there but not really sure.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-01-22 15:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

Worst: Familiar (The *** does it do? Does anyone REALLY know? and don't fking say enhanced acc/atk, You don't ever notice it, you just read wiki and accepted it)
It does, however, give the HP boost stated on wiki. It also makes charmed pets stay charmed for 30mins rather than the normal duration. It was considered useful back when BSTs had to charm VT mobs to kill a NM. Pop 2hr and wouldn't have to worry about it coming uncharmed. And before the level cap removal in Sacrarium, a Familiared Gazer could solo the swift belt NMs hands down.

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Drg 2hr is pretty meh imo =/
lol. Spirit Surge is no where near "meh". Jump gains a DEF down effect, High Jump gains a TP down effect (based on damage of jump), and if you Super Jump infront of a party member, it sheds half of their hate along with the normal hate shed it cuases on you. So it's like the original Enmity Douse + Accomplice. It gives a HP boost and you recover HP = to your Wyvren's HP when the 2hr was used (that inclused if the Wyvren's HP was leveled up from the EXP trait.) You get a large STR boost (wiki says it's level/5 + 1 which sounds about right. I can double check if you really want me to.) And a 25% Haste effect that goes to magic cap. Like I said, this is no where near "meh"

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:

worst: pup
Immunity to Overloads, atk/def/acc/magic acc/haste boost and resistance to enfeebs for pet is a bad 2hr for a pet job?

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
worst : Azure Lore (blu 2hrs), Hundred Fists (mnk)
i seen mnks swinging like they have hundred fists on, and better (abyssea).

I don't have MNK leveled so I can't speak for it. And Azure Lore did suck, but now it's really decent. It doubles the modifiers of spells and treats physical spells TP boost as 350%; which I believe stacks with Efflux. Combined that with the CA and Efflux bonus from AF3 Hat/Pants, Quad breaks 5k easily on NMs in my own personal experience.

Imo there is no terrible 2hr. Familiar might be considered bad since charming is basicly dead atm, but I'd still use it on my jug pets when soloing. And like stated before, since NIN's 2hr had an update, I would have considered that the worst 2hr. But since it removes weakness/prevents weakness after being raised, it's a perfect situational 2hr; like most other 2hrs.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-22 15:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Best: Chainspell / Manafont
Worst: Azure Lore / Eagle Eye Shot

This is coming from a BLU main. >__>
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-01-22 15:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

best:

#1 whm. lv 1 or lv 90 it does the same amazing thing, 1/9999 HP and every status in the book, oh and all 6 of you? who cares. you're cured. life saver is a life saver. and if you gear -enmity on top of it, the mob wont give two shits about you.

#2 rdm. chainspell --> (insert spell here) nuff said.

worst:

#1 nin. dont lie. its bad. its always been bad. its a warp stick with a 2 hour recharge.

#2 smn. dont get me wrong, summoner is the reason i started ffxi. but my blood pacts do more dmg :/ and use 150mp. waste of space on my JA slot
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-22 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said:
best:

#1 whm. lv 1 or lv 90 it does the same amazing thing, 1/9999 HP and every status in the book, oh and all 6 of you? who cares. you're cured. life saver is a life saver. and if you gear -enmity on top of it, the mob wont give two shits about you.

worst:

#1 nin. dont lie. its bad. its always been bad. its a warp stick with a 2 hour recharge.

#2 smn. dont get me wrong, summoner is the reason i started ffxi. but my blood pacts do more dmg :/ and use 150mp. waste of space on my JA slot
You must not have Odin or Alexander.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-22 15:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said:
best:

worst:

cant say smn since alex and odin connected to it.

sch got be worst im lev 90 sch and dont even know what it does lol
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-22 15:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hundred Fists is nowhere near bad.
[+]
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-01-22 15:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

have both and i still never use. again, my BPR are still stronger than anything odin can do. and i swear if you say its good in exp ._. who the hell cares about bragging rights in an exp pt.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-22 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
sch got be worst im lev 90 sch and dont even know what it does lol

<---

Think my avatar says it all.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-22 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said:
have both and i still never use. again, my BPR are still stronger than anything odin can do. and i swear if you say its good in exp ._. who the hell cares about bragging rights in an exp pt.

just got know when to use and on what, it was god on odin in einj, judst look atsome my beisege pics from befotere level raise and aby.same for alex.

Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-01-22 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:

sch got be worst im lev 90 sch and dont even know what it does because I abyssea burned it.lol

Added that in there for ya.

SCH's 2hr resets Strat charges to full, and, for the next minute it's in effect, all strat charges can be used without consuming a charge. Also, and this is taken right from wiki...

Quote:
When active, the effect is similar to having both Light Arts and Dark Arts active at the same time, while eliminating the penalties involved with each ability. It is still necessary to use Light Arts and Dark Arts in order to access their respective Stratagems, however.

Meaning, no casting/recast and MP penalty casting a cure with Dark arts up or nuking with Light arts up. Your magic skill levels all go up to a B rating no matter which arts you have active currently. However, you still need the proper arts up to use the stratagems.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-01-22 15:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN using Mijin Gakure has saved my life several times. Atma of the Apocalypse -> Mijin Gakure Revitalizer. I don't think it's the worst.

Best:
Chainspell: CHAINSPELL D2 THERE IS NOTHING BETTER
Mighty Strikes: 5k Fell Cleave in bad gear? K.
Benediction: Saves lives all the time.

Worst:
SCH: Convenient at most.
BLU: Yeah, increases wsc of physical blue magic to chain affinity status for its entire duration, still useless in almost every situation. You're either killing things in 2~4 spells anyway, or fighting something you don't want to feed 40 TP per spell to.
RNG: Saved lives @30 when it did more damage than anything, but now its just another WS.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-22 15:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

sch got be worst im lev 90 sch and dont even know what it does because I abyssea burned it.lol

Added that in there for ya.

SCH's 2hr resets Strat charges to full, and, for the next minute it's in effect, all strat charges can be used without consuming a charge. Also, and this is taken right from wiki...

Quote:
When active, the effect is similar to having both Light Arts and Dark Arts active at the same time, while eliminating the penalties involved with each ability. It is still necessary to use Light Arts and Dark Arts in order to access their respective Stratagems, however.

Meaning, no casting/recast and MP penalty casting a cure with Dark arts up or nuking with Light arts up. Your magic skill levels all go up to a B rating no matter which arts you have active currently. However, you still need the proper arts up to use the stratagems.

nope started sch when it first came out. and never had a reason to hit it, where would made a diference.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-22 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
worst : Azure Lore (blu 2hrs), Hundred Fists (mnk)
i seen mnks swinging like they have hundred fists on, and better (abyssea).

I don't have MNK leveled so I can't speak for it. And Azure Lore did suck, but now it's really decent. It doubles the modifiers of spells and treats physical spells TP boost as 350%; which I believe stacks with Efflux. Combined that with the CA and Efflux bonus from AF3 Hat/Pants, Quad breaks 5k easily on NMs in my own personal experience.

I have to agree on this one. I would say the reason it was deemed to be useless before was because of how unnoticeable the bonus from it was up until now.

Quote:
Imo there is no terrible 2hr. Familiar might be considered bad since charming is basicly dead atm, but I'd still use it on my jug pets when soloing. And like stated before, since NIN's 2hr had an update, I would have considered that the worst 2hr. But since it removes weakness/prevents weakness after being raised, it's a perfect situational 2hr; like most other 2hrs.

If anything, I would like to see the duration of Blood Weapon increased to a minute at best. 30 seconds just seems to be way too short if you're using Scythe or Great Sword. KC zerg is just about dead as well, so it's not like it would break any balance that already hasn't been broken to begin with. Plus, it would sync perfectly with Souleater on things that don't resist it.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-01-22 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:

nope started sch when it first came out. and never had a reason to hit it, where would made a diference.

So in all those 90 levels, there's never been one situation where you REALLY needed your strat charges back so you popped your 2hr to get them back? Then again, you said you never even knew what it does so I assume you didn't know that...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 16:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Hundred Fists is nowhere near bad.
it depends. If it's used in an oshit I'm about to die moment, it's not.

If you mean planned damage, like a zerg or something of the sort, then it's just downright horrible.
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-22 16:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Hundred fists and Mighty Strikes

implying you need mightystrikes to have 95% crit rate

>Implying I played when Abyssea was the only endgame

pwnd lol

Most useless is SCH, retired it at 75 but never used it.... once.

Combo hmmmmm..... Chainspell and Manafont (can I have 3?) if yes then Invincible :D

For Best ive really been finding Mijin damn handy recently since they made it you arent weakened!!!

Is like a second chance tank attempt.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-22 16:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, my opinion is, with regards to Abyssea and Primeval Brews, I'd have to say the most useful is chainspell (at least of the jobs I have). Benediction while cool, isn't really all that useful anymore when there is restore boxes, and it's usually quicker to cast cure6 than to run into range to benediction. I wish chainspell was faster at timesthough..you have that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE spell delay after each spell ><
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-22 16:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Best: Mijin Gakure/Chainspell

Worst: Azure Lore
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-22 16:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

actually tabula rasa> manafont (if you have mp)
way more efficient and out dds manafont time very easy by nuking with literally no delay or recasting using alacrity with parsminony/ebullience on each nuke, same with white magic
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-22 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best 2hrs: Mighty Strikes(Why, hello strongest WS damage you will ever see in the game on any melee WS.)

Benediction(He gets another shot! he does? I do!)

Astral Flow(6 Invincible people? Disco? With myself? Outrageous!)

Worst 2hrs: Perfect Dodge(Haha! I do nothing to keep you alive through any sort of magic damage. I also only benefit the Thief. Weeeee)

Invincible( Haha! I generated more enmity than usual, and yet, I still can't seem to block that magic damage. Oh and look... They already took hate back. ***!)

Mijin Gakure(Haha! I can get up without Weakness now. But wait, Other people seem to be needing to stay alive, and that's gonna put a strain on the MP supply. Phew, I had reraise/AoA. ***, they fed so much TP that after timing my raise perfectly I still got killed again by AOE.)
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-01-22 16:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
Mijin Gakure(Haha! I can get up without Weakness now. But wait, Other people seem to be needing to stay alive, and that's gonna put a strain on the MP supply. Phew, I had reraise/AoA. ***, they fed so much TP that after timing my raise perfectly I still got killed again by AOE.)
suck less
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Asura.Vyre said:
suck less
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-22 16:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Now this is a pretty sweet ability IMO. I have been leveling SCH the past 2 weeks and just hit level 31. I alredy have 9 trays of macros built even before I have the abilitys and spells. I will be ready to go as soon as I level.

As for my worst 2hr I say my THF got the short end of the stick. If I never had PD I would have saved so much time not having to get exp back for sack pulls ; ; (pre abyssea). Would have rather had a super cool DD move.

I have only leveled to 75+ on 2 jobs THF and RNG so I can't say what I think the best combo would be .....Maybe Combine WHM/RDM?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-01-22 16:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Fonseca said:
I want to know wich is the worst 2 hour in the game?
and if you could mix 2 2hour abilities wich one would you choose?
I would choose Chainspell and Manafont for ultimate kill action.
Oh and of course wich is best 2 hour ability?

Starting with worst from the jobs that I'm familiar with and with given an "Oh ***..." moment... Sadly the winner of that IMO would be:

PUP - Overdrive
Reasoning: From lvling it in low -> high lvl parties, it has never been an actual saving grace in an "Oh ***..." moment. Not saying it's useless...but to make full use of it, you need to have the right attachments/frame for the situation, while other 2hr's pretty much click and unload without any specifics to make full use of the 2hr.

I take it that by, mixing 2hrs, you mean which would I like to hybrid together. In which I'd say:

Trance/Meikyo Shisui - The ability to unload as many WS in 30 sec @ max TP modification and without consuming a drop of TP in the process would be an interesting sight.

And for the fun of it:

Retro-Worst 2hr:
/drumroll

Call Wyvern

While I always loved DRG from the time I started playing, I nearly ripped my hair out every time I'd loose my wyvern to constant barrage of AoE especially in low lvl pt's (bomb toss, cursed sphere, grand slam...etc.)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-22 17:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

best: chainspell, and tabula rasa (equanimity, ebulliance, alacrity nuke spam is the best <3)

worst: overdrive, invincible (the things that are threatening to a pld lately is magic only)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-22 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Cor discussion: People still use the job?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-01-22 17:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
yet another great example would be the 4% haste belt that is in the level cap 30 or 40 area, simply familar a IT hexeye and u can pretty much solo that fight with bst where u would need a party otherwise. although today i beivle they removed the cap there but not really sure.

Yeah, they removed the cap so you can just go in and rape the fomor of choice now.