ace's hose and bullwhip belt :v
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-19 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

while we're at it: this is my 5-hit 25 haste setup:
obv dusk gloves +1 or beastia augment pants with 4 haste can work just fine.
 Asura.Takinagi
Server: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-19 10:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Might pick up dragoon again just to try it out, would love to get out of askar lol
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-19 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
while we're at it: this is my 5-hit 25 haste setup: obv dusk gloves +1 or beastia augment pants with 4 haste can work just fine.

I suppose also with regain atmas you could swap out lancer cape and hoard for aethling and blitz ring
By Andylynn 2011-01-19 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit and all that jazz is nice and all, but lets start on square one! working on 6-hit/capped haste before 5 hit, 5 is a bit out of my league for now.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-19 17:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
I was thinking about this earlier... I remember seeing an old pic about haste vs DA where haste was curved up, the more haste is added, whereas DA was a straight constant line, but it was a constant increase though. It just fails when it comes to it vs haste I believe.

I believe this is the chart you're looking for, I stole it off Raen's profile page when he uploaded it because I knew it would come in handy XD

Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-19 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 "That graph is lying, DA is better than haste because it makes you hit twice"
[+]
By Andylynn 2011-01-19 18:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

exponential growth vs a decaying curve, the more DA you stack, the less effective it becomes in actual damage output, while inversely, the more haste you add, the more damage youll do over time. better dps ftw o:

still doesnt help if i already know this stuff!
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-01-19 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Ryun still be top DRG weapon if magian completed and played aggressively? This is what i came up with.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-19 18:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, almost definitely. You'd want to change that into a 5hit build though (which requires more sacrifice than OaT cause of the delay difference, base 13.8/hit vs base 13.3).
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-20 08:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my TP set.. far from ideal but im fairly happy with it (ignore my current equipped gear i put it on whilst fixing other gear around)

25% is if calculated right, which means i should be swapping perle hands for dusk making 26% haste aka ACTUAL haste cap. all items are pretty easy to get, ovni you could set up yourself if you wanted it fairly easy, if all else fails you'll get yovra organ which you can use towards your sea gorget!

sure when i +2 things i can drop timarli for say askar.. but for now its best way for me to cap haste
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-20 08:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with something like:

and Carbonara.

It should be a 5-hit, and you can save your Moonshade earring for TP Bonus +25, which probably makes it the best second WS earring in the game at the moment.
 Cerberus.Trixta
Server: Cerberus
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-20 09:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This..

Is currently my set, capped haste with a 6-hit (can get to a 5-hit in abyssea, polearm is STP) Not exactly optimal but it is still a decent set, working on the OaT polearm and getting some +2 items (and a raja's which I've slacked on), but for now it works.