Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Shinryu
Shinryu
By Sambb 2011-01-20 16:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

once it goes yellow mobs trigger weakness changes so yeah thats why it didnt work.... stop fluxing end of.

in terms of gear ive not seen cloak body or helm so far so they do seem rarer drops. Cloak of course people have etc but most stuff ive seen is torque knife cape (millions of em) and quite alot of the belts
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-21 04:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree with discernment being horrible ...

i went in mnk staff was the proc. used EACH ws.. at least twice had someone watching if it was clean (he needed the win so was helping him out) and apparently most were.. so i dunno.. maybe we just got hella unlucky
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 04:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:

i went in mnk staff was the proc. used EACH ws.. at least twice had someone watching if it was clean (he needed the win so was helping him out) and apparently most were.. so i dunno.. maybe we just got hella unlucky
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:

Lol did you even know it was staff? As I stated on first page yesterday after I found out it was archery I did all 4 at least 3 times and all of them were clean.

Which actually kinda is what made me lose since 12 clean ws kinda put him low enough for it to start doing that spamming BS so I couldn't do any dmg for the last 30 seconds... which is sad cause i could've one shotted it if it gave me even 1 second to do dmg lol.

Either way proccing on him is rediculous sometimes
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-21 04:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i started on h2h as i was just going to nail it dead quick. discernment said "staff" so i used em.. then used again.. i got 1 unclean retribution but re did it and we were both like "what the hell"

shinryu is a rule to himself
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 04:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's partly cause his normal attacks count as tp attacks. And so while it might be clean as far as dealing dmg vs healing it might not be for proccing... and considering usually you there is a good 1 sec before and after a tp move that you can't proc and average mob attack speed is once every 4 seconds it makes proccing on him HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE especially in a small period of time.

Maybe if you had the brewer kite and could get off some running ws with someone else lol
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 05:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All our runs we did it with a pretty normal set-up that could probably kill it legit (we haven't bothered to try though). We hold it and fight it normally until blue is proc'd, THEN brew. And ***, even our whm has brewed it. The important thing to remember when brewing Shinryu, especially if you're using ele ws, is to wait until it brings it's wings in. While they're out, magic won't damage it.

Also, spells and ws's can still proc if they do 0 damage or heal the mob.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 05:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Never nuked it since I always use rng to brew but other than readying tp moves/casting I've never not been able to do magic dmg. Personally out of the 20 or so runs I've done I've never even thought to look at the wings.

Also depends on why you are dealing 0 or healing the mob. If it's because of just the nature of the mob, stoneskin etc sure. If it's cause your double weak... well I've heard you could proc like that but I've casted the actual proc spell before several times double weak and nothing but the second weakness wore I got it. And if you are healing it because of the whole you heal it while it is tping/casting then no
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-21 05:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I am getting beyond desperate. 0/22 With just blue and 0/5 with up to TH8 no *** mail OR dagger. Am I missing something or do I have to be apart of VanadielsFinest to activate my THNUBLuck+100?
odd , cause the body piece is all over my server, even my mom have one lol
 Ragnarok.Psych
Server: Ragnarok
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2011-01-22 00:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Discernment makes everyone HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE these days. I had a lolrelic ninja tanking the Chariot in Altep (name eludes me, the one for Rani Trigger,) and he kept on using Blade: Ei.

He kept on cursing, stating that discernment is not saying which element, then I asked him why is he not switching to other weapons when Blade: Ei is clearly not the WS for red (at which point he's still using Blade: Ei repeatedly.) He finally switched to dagger when the mob was at around 50% and got !!red.

tl,dr: Even if you have discernment, switch weapons if the WS for the weapon you're using does not give you the weakness.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 09:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone else having problems proccing blue when it's archery? 2 runs I litterally ran thru all archery ws 4 times all clean and couldn't proc
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-04 09:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
So anyone else having problems proccing blue when it's archery? 2 runs I litterally ran thru all archery ws 4 times all clean and couldn't proc
nope~but thats when i say screw it, and restart the fight
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
No that's when I say screw it and just kill it since most my runs are solo or maybe duo so I'm brewing. It's getting kinda annoying though. Waste of a stone and 210k cruor
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 10:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
No that's when I say screw it and just kill it since most my runs are solo or maybe duo so I'm brewing. It's getting kinda annoying though. Waste of a stone and 210k cruor
RNG has all archery and marksmanship right? If you use VV/Sea Daughter/Apoc you should be able to get a couple ws off at the very least before you die, if you don't get a hint, or the hint tells you it's polearm or dagger, drag it back to where you entered, die > rr > try again. You can then either try and get the hint with one ws and then use brew if you get the right hint before it kills you, or you can wait until weakness wears off, keeping in mind that you have enough time to do this 3 or 4 times.

If that technique doesn't work, don't forget you can just pop your brew while weakened and it'll still let you kill it just as easily. Even though it's in a BC, if you drag it away from it's starting position, you can reset it's weakness and reraise safely once it moves back. Also, don't forget that his regular melee attacks will prevent a weakness proc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Kazashi
user: Kazashi
By Odin.Kazashi 2011-03-19 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kind of lucky, I managed to get every piece apart from mail and cloak in 4 consecutive runs. :) The dagger dropped in the 1st 2 runs and then dropped on the 4th run, the scythe then decided to drop on my 3rd run also including the helm and the cloak.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2011-03-19 13:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, friend and I had an agreement: "I proc blue, he brews, IF head drops he gets, IF body drops I get." What happened you ask? I proc blue, he brews. Body drops...he goes jewbag and lots lol, ah well, hope Ares+1 body is better ;;
 Bismarck.Octaviusc
Server: Bismarck
user: Octaviusc
By Bismarck.Octaviusc 2011-03-19 13:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahfk, when the servers come back up look me up. I will tell you the strategy we used and were incredibly efficient with it and if you need an extra person to help out I'd be more than able to oblige.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-19 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Octaviusc said:
Josiahfk, when the servers come back up look me up. I will tell you the strategy we used and were incredibly efficient with it and if you need an extra person to help out I'd be more than able to oblige.
I walk in, I proc blue I murder the dragon.

you have a strategy to increase mail/dagger drop rate?
Bring a THF, duh.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Octaviusc
By Bismarck.Octaviusc 2011-03-19 13:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Octaviusc said:

Indeed I do lol. I got incredibly annoyed at this BC as well and was going to give up when I found a static for it. We were able to proc blue !! and I landed TH9 on Shin everytime and out of about 10 runs we only had one where a mail/helm/cloak did not drop. I believe that happened because at this point we had all acquired the helm so nothing from that group was going to drop since I've seen helm being the most common of the three. This has been from my own personal experience.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-19 13:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Octaviusc said:

Bring a THF, duh.
Im a thf lol and Im not wasting 10k cruor each time to drag it out and bringing 6 people
Really? lol I normally just brew on MNK proc blue and kill it too, Dagger dropped twice (I gave first to rin) and a THF came and helped and I got helm with TH+Bounty Shot on it (Bounty shot then TH procs, Im pretty sure TH overwrites Bounty shot but hey, whatever!)

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Octaviusc
By Bismarck.Octaviusc 2011-03-19 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well all I'm saying is I'd be willing to help out, and FYI we were able to get blue proc !! many times but the mail/helm/cloak only dropped with blue proc + TH8/9 together which seemed to do the trick for us. Also two healers are invaluable for this fight, I tried going as the only healer on my WHM and made me want to quit after just a handful of runs.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-19 14:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Got TH12 with bounty shot then TH as well. That's the highest I've ever seen it go personally. I wonder if bounty shot actually does stack with TH, you just have to proc it first.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-03-19 23:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Octaviusc said:

Outside of having both a decently high TH level on it and Blue !! proc, it's really just luck.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-20 00:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My strat was brute force... then I ran with a small group so we could figure out what weapon blu proc was before we brewed... plus had a thf for TH and had all blu procs.

Ended up being whm thf drg short term tank and a rng... well we had 2 rngs after awhile but yeah.

Post deleted by User.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-20 00:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, how much hp does the *** have? My friend attempted a brew right before the servers went down, unloading 10-15k Ukko's on him and died because brew wore off. Was slightly disappointing, was to get me a belt, but eh. Curious now.