Shinryu
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-20 10:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
i guess me saying 1/1 on knife and 1/1 on neck is soemthing i should keep to myself (btw... NO proc at all)

Probably so....since I do enjoy stabbing ppl....

in fact...in your future i see 739 stabbings :)
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-20 10:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
i guess me saying 1/1 on knife and 1/1 on neck is soemthing i should keep to myself (btw... NO proc at all)

yea neck is common, my first group when we all got access all walked away with neck/belt/cape and a random knife/helm
 Cerberus.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-01-20 10:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

0/alot on helm itself :(
 Cerberus.Trixta
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-20 10:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
It seems Shinryu is all luck based, fights I have been in I have seen 1 body, and a bunch of the weapons/tier3 drops. Though my ls as a whole (we are kind of like a static) has seen 5-6 helms, 4 cloaks, 4 bodies, and plenty of daggers and scythes. All luck I think, I've literally run to the paradox just so a helm wouldn't go to someone who can't use (All dropped as I zoned in so darkness took claim.

It must be....i've seen no cloak, no dagger, no body and no helm u.u

If you are on/in zone next time I do it, or if you see me in zone send a tell, we'd rather see the dagger go to somebody who needs/want it than see no drop at all.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-20 10:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i've done this several times now, and i've seen everything but the mail and scythe, those two seem to be the rarer drops of their respective groups, also, this is due to speculation but from what my group noticed, when we entered after having torque/cape/belt, due to game mechanics they would'nt drop obviously, but it was after that the actual armour and weapons began to drop.
Fact is, it's the extremely common drops taking up the spots in the treasure pool allowing no space for the rarer drops if any, this based on assumption however.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-20 10:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
i've done this several times now, and i've seen everything but the mail and scythe, those two seem to be the rarer drops of their respective groups, also, this is due to speculation but from what my group noticed, when we entered after having torque/cape/belt, due to game mechanics they would'nt drop obviously, but it was after that the actual armour and weapons began to drop.
Fact is, it's the extremely common drops taking up the spots in the treasure pool allowing no space for the rarer drops if any, this based on assumption however.
It's just luck, one or two of our early runs we got torque/belt/cape as well as an actual piece of gear or two. Once everyone had torque/belt/cape though, we had a few runs with no drops at all... That sucked. I dunno how many we've done, but our totals are: 4 helm, 2 body, 1 cloak, 6 torques, 6 belts, 20,000,000 capes, 4 knives and 1 scythe (I think, we only have one drk, others may have been trashed).

So yeah, drop rate on actual armour is pretty ***. I should also mention that that's with blue proc and TH4 or 5 every single time.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-20 11:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I just had a shinryu that right away I found out it was archery... I run thru all 4 3 times all of them connecting and not a single one procs... but it gets it low enough that for the last 30 sec of my brew it spammed stuff so I couldn't do dmg

I've noticed too many problems with Discernment to trust it.
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-01-20 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Trixta said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:
It seems Shinryu is all luck based, fights I have been in I have seen 1 body, and a bunch of the weapons/tier3 drops. Though my ls as a whole (we are kind of like a static) has seen 5-6 helms, 4 cloaks, 4 bodies, and plenty of daggers and scythes. All luck I think, I've literally run to the paradox just so a helm wouldn't go to someone who can't use (All dropped as I zoned in so darkness took claim.
It must be....i've seen no cloak, no dagger, no body and no helm u.u
If you are on/in zone next time I do it, or if you see me in zone send a tell, we'd rather see the dagger go to somebody who needs/want it than see no drop at all.

Aww thanks! *^_^*
 Cerberus.Superman
user: Superman
By Cerberus.Superman 2011-01-20 11:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:

Probably so....since I do enjoy stabbing ppl....

in fact...in your future i see 739 stabbings :)

just so i know what to look for how many stabbings do i get my lovely sav. <3
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-20 11:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I just had a shinryu that right away I found out it was archery... I run thru all 4 3 times all of them connecting and not a single one procs... but it gets it low enough that for the last 30 sec of my brew it spammed stuff so I couldn't do dmg

I have NEVER seen, or head of Discernment being wrong. You're obviously doing something stupid.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-20 11:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I have NEVER seen, or head of Discernment being wrong. You're obviously doing something stupid.

what Blazza said, you're either missing a weapon skill or using it when shinryu is attacking.
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-20 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Yea...doing something wrong there...never ever has that abyssite failed me, my group just started we did 6 runs during piercing (drg/thf/rng/whm) always proc blue and so far results are 2 capes/2 neck/2 scythes/1 helm/2 daggers.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-20 11:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I am getting beyond desperate. 0/22 With just blue and 0/5 with up to TH8 no *** mail OR dagger. Am I missing something or do I have to be apart of VanadielsFinest to activate my THNUBLuck+100?

That is like extremely unlikely... I advise checking to see if you already have them...
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-20 11:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

its been wrong on bakka for me 1x
engaged, got marks blue trigger, fluxed away to lose hate, reengaged, got archery blue!!, fluxed away, reengaged got dagger blue!!, ran thro all skills 4-5x each and no proc
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-20 11:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
engaged, got marks blue trigger, fluxed away to lose hate, reengaged, got archery blue!!, fluxed away, reengaged got dagger blue!!, ran thro all skills 4-5x each and no proc

If you lost hate that is why it changed...
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-20 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I am getting beyond desperate. 0/22 With just blue and 0/5 with up to TH8 no *** mail OR dagger. Am I missing something or do I have to be apart of VanadielsFinest to activate my THNUBLuck+100?
That is like extremely unlikely... I advise checking to see if you already have them...

Have a static and I've done like a total of 10 runs or something.
Got so far:
Belt x6
Dagger x6
Scythe x4
Helm x2
Mail x2
Cloak x1
Cape x6
Troque x6

Few of those runs we didn't even proc blue... He was being a bish using vortex and killing our WHMs off quick on them runs.
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-20 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I'm seconds from posting the things I'm going to do to my pc if this crap doesnt drop soon.

I love how people blame the PC for things... >_> how is damaging it going to help any?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-20 12:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Well if you're abusing it like that, no wonder it didnt work.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-20 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you proc Blue and have high TH on it, there's about a 50% chance it'll drop one of:
Scythe/Mail/Cloak/Helm
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-01-20 12:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If you proc Blue and have high TH on it, there's about a 50% chance it'll drop one of:
Scythe/Mail/Cloak/Helm

You missed dagger out, also do you have concrete eveidence?
Because it can drop Mail, helm or cloak and dagger or scythe not just one of the four you mentioned.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-20 13:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 30 runs. We procced Blue and had TH on each of them. We got ~15 of the items I listed. I didn't include Dagger, because we got a shitton of daggers.

Like, 5 cloaks, 3 mails, 3 scythes, 4 helms
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Anytime a Nm goes yellow or reraises it's staggers are all reset to random but I've never had discernment wrong either. Killing the NM corpselight in tahrongi countless times even and everytime it died and reraised I could use a different ws or spell to stagger it
I think it can go yellow all day as long as it doesn't lose idle on someone (You know that "im just gonna stand here" that NMs do before they start to regen and walk back to their pop spot to despawn).
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-20 13:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, for example; if the mob is yellow and still attacking your healers then it will stay the same WS for proc with the time that you claimed, but if it goes yellow and starts walking back to its pop spot then it will change WS proc to the NEW time you claim.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-20 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
Yeah, for example; if the mob is yellow and still attacking your healers then it will stay the same WS for proc with the time that you claimed, but if it goes yellow and starts walking back to its pop spot then it will change WS proc to the NEW time you claim.

From my experience, the *Moment* it goes idle, even if it's still red, the Trigger is reset. I've seen this on Adze, Ironclads and Shinryu. It doesn't have to regen, or begin walking back to it's place of Origin, it just has to have no Enmity on anything.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-20 14:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Odin.Zicdeh
From my experience, the *Moment* it goes idle, even if it's still red, the Trigger is reset. I've seen this on Adze, Ironclads and Shinryu. It doesn't have to regen, or begin walking back to it's place of Origin, it just has to have no Enmity on anything.

Yeah, I should have used better words and in my experiences when it loses hate weather red/yellow the trigger is reset.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-20 14:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We fought it the other night with blue trigger and max TH. We only got an ore and some cloth something-or-other to drop, not a single piece of gear or a weapon. No joke. Unlucky, is all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-01-20 15:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I'm seconds from posting the things I'm going to do to my pc if this crap doesnt drop soon.

I love how people blame the PC for things... >_> how is damaging it going to help any?
How is your post helping this topic any?
Did 7-8 more runs on the weekend, literally no drops even with people who don't have items. Stupid BCNM, I'll have better luck trying to get a kclub.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-20 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Did 7-8 more runs on the weekend, literally no drops even with people who don't have items. Stupid BCNM, I'll have better luck trying to get a kclub.

Someone proposed to me that brew might have a bounty shotesque effect and this may hold merit. Out of 7-8 brews with 50% going for red !! and learning the ropes i got all items from him aside from cloak. That *** cloak is still being elusive to me though :x
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-01-20 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost always hit red + blue with 1 WHM in pt because people offer me gil to get them atma. I'm truly convinced it's just a flip of a quarter if you get drops or not. It's not that I've seen dagger and mail drop then got outlotted. I've never seen it drop.