SE Hear Me Out?...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

Forum » FFXI » General » SE Hear Me Out?...
SE Hear Me Out?...
First Page 2 3
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see some opinions on this, is it a dream we can make true, or a dream that has died over the last three years?

I would LOVE to see SE re-release FFXI for PC with upgraded graphics, more character options, new modeling and stats on weapons.

Inb4theyalreadydidthatitscalledffxiv

I don't mean a re-hash like FFXIV (no offense to it, but it's a different enough game I want the same thing) I want to immerse myself into Vana'diel again, like that first time I made a character. Taken aback, ready to claim my right as the hero. I want to walk outside, and feel the victory of killing my first rabbit.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone else want FFXI to come back out (call it FFOnline for all I care) with only the areas and play style of pre- Aht Urghan? Does anyone else want to see viably the greated MMO be reborn into the glory that could have been with a few years of MMO testing by SE and technology advances? Instead of adding areas that make all 150 previous ones obsolete, add instanced fights that offer ever changing rewards. Instead of adding levels and gear that nullify people's hard earned God, Salvage gear, or Relics, add on content that allows the player to make this weapon/gear even better. Rework the augment system from the beginning on only give positive rewards (with a bit of effort and work by the player of course)

Allow people to chose worldwide, or region specific (NA, EU, JP) servers.

I for one would gladly pay $14/mo and $1 for each additional character for 20+years if this were to happen. Anyone else?

Sorry for the wall of text.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-07 09:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't happen until they drop PS2 support, which most likely will never happen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 09:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if they do FFXI-2 they should do it pc only, 360 support would only hold it back, it's an old system. Hell even the ps3 is old now.

It's something they should have done 3 years ago, and instead of making that ***known as XIV, then they may actually be making profit on it, but no their team is incompetent.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

D
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
It won't happen until they drop PS2 support which most likely will never happen.
Don't tie it into the existing player base. Release it where everyone starts from scratch. If you are PS2 you stick with XI, if you are new gen, you can chose to buy the new game (guessing rename would work best).
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
if they do FFXI-2 they should do it pc only, 360 support would only hold it back, it's an old system. Hell even the ps3 is old now.
I agree, I'll change it. PC support only, if you are a good modder and upgrade your console, you can play it, but it's not going to be held down to console specs.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 09:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

It's something they should have done 3 years ago, and instead of making that ***known as XIV, then they may actually be making profit on it, but no their team is incompetent.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 09:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I agree, I'll change it. PC support only, if you are a good modder and upgrade your console, you can play it, but it's not going to be held down to console specs.

no amount of modding a console is going to upgrade it's capacity, the software just isn't written to utilize it.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Well, we all know how well known SE is for listening to it's playerbase...but then again if we get enough people on this bandwagon they may see the money in this. I mean 80% of your code is already written for you. Go back to pre-update versions, break some of the jobs to give us something to complain about/accept the challenges. Slowly change the balance of jobs etc etc.

Make the world truly dynamic, where if people farm things repeatedly, the world begins to alter.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Sounds like you need a new game, even if they would do exactly like you asked, you would quit again it's just nostalgia.

Also, they won't drop PS2 support until the game shutsdown.
You could run them side by side. People like Abyssea and it's playstyle, they would stay.

I wouldn't quit. I didn't quit this due to content, but due to lifestyle conflicts. I want to come back, but feel as though I've been left behind. Not changing the lv cap by 15lvs and completely nullifying all of my gear, would be an incentive to come back.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 09:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Well, we all know how well known SE is for listening to it's playerbase...but then again if we get enough people on this bandwagon they may see the money in this. I mean 80% of your code is already written for you. Go back to pre-update versions, break some of the jobs to give us something to complain about/accept the challenges. Slowly change the balance of jobs etc etc.

Make the world truly dynamic, where if people farm things repeatedly, the world begins to alter.

if SE truly listened to their fans they'd have remade 7 already, I take a low par approach in what I expect from them now, that way I'm not dissapointed. At least not as much
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 09:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

So they will spend months to rebuild everything for a couple hundred people where most will quit in the first weeks? There's no money to make out of this lol.
They did it with FFXIV, why wouldn't they do it where they didn't have to start from scratch?

And I don't understand 1) where you get a few hundred people, I see a hundred thousand that would switch
2) why these people would quit in the first weeks
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 10:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

So they will spend months to rebuild everything for a couple hundred people where most will quit in the first weeks? There's no money to make out of this lol.

a lot more people play than "a couple hundred"

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-01-07 10:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
I want to see some opinions on this, is it a dream we can make true, or a dream that has died over the last three years?

I would LOVE to see SE re-release FFXI for PC with upgraded graphics, more character options, new modeling and stats on weapons.

That is the dream I want to see as well. I was expecting to see remake of FFXI instead of FFXIV, but did not happen. Personally I will continue to play FFXI and will stay away from FFXIV until it features content and fun at least the same amount of FFXI. Of course I would always welcome FFXI-2 without thinking twice.

For PS2 concerns, for the new version they can easily drop PS2 support and give PS3 support, simple as that. PS2 users can still play the old version if they still want to. Game can also be optimized for Xbox 360 as it is from the same generation consoles.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

They are fixing the mess they did with FF14, the game isn't 10 years old they aren't remaking it from scratch.

2) I think you don't know what's nostalgia. (Hey, I still play my NES too you know, but usualy not more than 1-2 hours every 2-3 months)
They created FFXIV from scratch, remaking XI would not be. 14 is also 4years in the making and still bugged.

I know what nostalgia is, and MMOs don't fall into that category. Look at the people still playing EQ or UO...

redoing XI wouldn't be a (few hours every couple of months) type endeavor, people would move the countless hours they are currently putting into XI into it, and people who quit because they thought it went to the wayside would come back to the 'game they left'

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 10:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Maybe you will be surprised, but most big budget games take at least 3 years to develop now. For a large scale MMO, this will be longer obviously, and SE has a track record of taking longer with final fantasy games. It's true 14 was released in a bad state, but bringing up the 4 years is kind of a moot point.
You saying that it is not 10 years old is moot, as it was developed just as many years (if not more than) XI. Remember XI came out with bugs, and had years of development before it became what it is, but that's not to discredit how much more well it was received by the player base. It was their first try to boot, you think they would have listened a bit before making their second.

I'm not discrediting XIV at all, as I only played beta and cannot speak on behalf of the game, but when they give everyone playing a free three months, that screams they are hurting.

I'm merely offering SE an opportunity at a cash cow, large initial game purchases along with many thousands of monthly subscriptions for a game that they have already done 90% of the work on 10years ago. If should take them 18mo or so to get a 'FFXI-2' playable and launched. If they can make money off of it, and keep a great majority of their long term customers happy, what's the problem here?

EDIT: I have no idea why I'm defending myself, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Thread is for people to express their opinion about my topic, maybe it will spark SE to at least ask the player base on a mass level if it's something we are interested in. That's simply all I care about, as for me; if they did it, I would play. As much if not more than I did all 7 years I played XI.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 10:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:

That is the dream I want to see as well. I was expecting to see remake of FFXI instead of FFXIV, but did not happen. Personally I will continue to play FFXI and will stay away from FFXIV until it features content and fun at least the same amount of FFXI. Of course I would always welcome FFXI-2 without thinking twice.

For PS2 concerns, for the new version they can easily drop PS2 support and give PS3 support, simple as that. PS2 users can still play the old version if they still want to. Game can also be optimized for Xbox 360 as it is from the same generation consoles.

the 360 can't *** play the game properly now ffs
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 10:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I own one and can honestly say the 360 is a weak current gen system. Yes it was the first, and therefore is 2 year older technology, but it just can't handle big games. XI is a big game, XI-2 would be even larger.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Sylph.Anjali said:
Maybe you will be surprised, but most big budget games take at least 3 years to develop now. For a large scale MMO, this will be longer obviously, and SE has a track record of taking longer with final fantasy games. It's true 14 was released in a bad state, but bringing up the 4 years is kind of a moot point.
You saying that it is not 10 years old is moot, as it was developed just as many years (if not more than) XI. Remember XI came out with bugs, and had years of development before it became what it is, but that's not to discredit how much more well it was received by the player base. It was their first try to boot, you think they would have listened a bit before making their second.

I'm not discrediting XIV at all, as I only played beta and cannot speak on behalf of the game, but when they give everyone playing a free three months, that screams they are hurting.

I'm merely offering SE an opportunity at a cash cow, large initial game purchases along with many thousands of monthly subscriptions for a game that they have already done 90% of the work on 10years ago. If should take them 18mo or so to get a 'FFXI-2' playable and launched. If they can make money off of it, and keep a great majority of their long term customers happy, what's the problem here?

EDIT: I have no idea why I'm defending myself, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Thread is for people to express their opinion about my topic, maybe it will spark SE to at least ask the player base on a mass level if it's something we are interested in. That's simply all I care about, as for me; if they did it, I would play. As much if not more than I did all 7 years I played XI.

to be honest if they were just doing a character and graphic overhaul, it wouldn't take nearly that long. Also they could easily do it and keep the clients they have now, including ps2 support. At least in the manner I'm thinking of in my head.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 10:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I own one and can honestly say the 360 is a weak current gen system. Yes it was the first, and therefore is 2 year older technology, but it just can't handle big games. XI is a big game, XI-2 would be even larger.

the pos can't even handle Lego Star wars or dynasty warrior gundam properly, not to mention FFXI which the ps2 can play (severely lower hardware too) the 360 is a sad thing to exist, truly pathetic
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 10:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

the pos can't even handle Lego Star wars or dynasty warrior gundam properly, not to mention FFXI which the ps2 can play (severely lower hardware too) the 360 is a sad thing to exist, truly pathetic
I've been playing Gothica: Arcania 4: great game, downgraded due to the performance of the 360. It was terrible that Microsoft got exclusivity to this game for nearly a year. Will be interested to buy it again and play it through on PS3.

CLEARLY a BIASED/SPECULATED prediction, but I say be on the lookout for Xbox 720 and PS4 in about 2 years.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-01-07 10:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
I also don't think your comparison of ff11 on release to ff14 on release is fair, for two reasons. When ff11 was released, MMOs were not as big as they are now so there was more room for errors. The players were not as judgemental.
Actually, I think they made a mistake by trying to poke into (very slightly) the WoW market. They should have made 14 harder, not just harder to properly control. Secondly, people were quite judgmental, as it was SE's first attempt at an MMO not to mention they 'ruined' the Final Fantasy series by being so bold as to move away from turn based game play and put it online.

Sylph.Anjali said:
Two, as Jet already pointed out, SE are pretty incapable of getting anything right. For that same reason, I'm puzzled by you implying that they could easily convert ff11 into a new game. I'm afraid of them doing stuff like a ff7 remake now because they have become so bad at doing anything right.

I agree with you. Great company, amazing talent with the artists, but they always seem to miss the mark of putting out what customers actually want from them. I still don't think it's beyond them to remake a game they've had people working on non-stop for 10years. If they can't, they need to go way-side of other companies and just hire out their artists for other studios.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 10:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I think it's their leadership and not the developer's fault. XI's direction I think is fair just on the fact that a lot of old content is easier to do for those who haven't had a chance to experience it all, while giving the rest something new. As for a FFXI-2 with the right direction it could be easily done probably in less of a time frame.

As for FF7, It would be hard and take longer, however it could be done. With the right direction, and if they would take it at multiple angles. People like 7 for different reasons and for that not everyone who likes 7 would want a remake, hell even if they would do what I thought of not everyone would welcome it. Basically if/when they remake it they need to do 3 versions (at least) or at least the options to change how the game runs, ie dubbing over text, old graphics or new, new content or same content (sidequests/bosses). Some even say it should be never remade, and just live as a memory. A sweet sweet spikey-headed *** memory.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-07 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so you're suggesting they Release a new updated version of FFXI with the older caps, maintain XI, and maintain XIV as well?

So they'd add what? 10 maybe 20% of their player base in exchange for a 50% increase in maintenance costs?
First Page 2 3