FF7 PC & FF8 PC Remix And Overhaul.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » FF7 PC & FF8 PC Remix and overhaul.
FF7 PC & FF8 PC Remix and overhaul.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2011-02-11 18:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I wonder what other differences there is then o_o?

If I recall, weren't the weapons .. PAL only? I recall speaking to an American friend who had never heard of Ruby weapon.
Weapons are not PAL only, as I have personally fought and beaten them. :3

Hmm.. That's odd. It's like some say that Penance (ffx) wasn't in the PAL version, yet I fought him, while another person said he hadn't been able to.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 18:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also.. The sewer thing.. The tidal wave moved both ways, if it went over him first.. It healed him IIRC, if it went over you first, it damaged him.
Hmm, nope. US versions he always hurt himself whichever way it went. It would deal more to him when it came from behind him, and more to the battlers when it came from behind them.
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2011-02-11 18:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Also.. The sewer thing.. The tidal wave moved both ways, if it went over him first.. It healed him IIRC, if it went over you first, it damaged him.
Hmm, nope. US versions he always hurt himself whichever way it went. It would deal more to him when it came from behind him, and more to the battlers when it came from behind them.

Ah. Maybe they are different then, because it defiantly heals him on mine. (I played it only a short time ago)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-11 18:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I wonder what other differences there is then o_o?

If I recall, weren't the weapons .. PAL only? I recall speaking to an American friend who had never heard of Ruby weapon.
Weapons are not PAL only, as I have personally fought and beaten them. :3

Hmm.. That's odd. It's like some say that Penance (ffx) wasn't in the PAL version, yet I fought him, while another person said he hadn't been able to.

Dark Aeons and Penance were only in the EU versions of the game.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-02-11 19:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Penance was in both versions, but the International version had a ridiculously harder Penance.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-11 19:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have break damage limit in the US?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 19:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes.

~~~

Got FF7 to work with patches and stuff but now I don't have music, only sound effects. /cry
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2011-02-11 19:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes.

~~~

Got FF7 to work with patches and stuff but now I don't have music, only sound effects. /cry

easily sorted. Download them and listen to them. swap songs when needed. You know which goes where.. Everyone does.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes.

~~~

easily sorted. Download them and listen to them. swap songs when needed. You know which goes where.. Everyone does.
I would do this but I'd rather be lazy, and not have to switch music in the middle of playing. I really like fullscreen. :P
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-11 20:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes. ~~~ Got FF7 to work with patches and stuff but now I don't have music, only sound effects. /cry

With the remixer patch?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 20:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes. ~~~ Got FF7 to work with patches and stuff but now I don't have music, only sound effects. /cry

With the remixer patch?
Yuss.

Somehow music is playing now, but when a battle ends, the music pauses for a long time and the victory fanfare only starts if I obtain items from the battle. :<

And I'm trying to figure out if "Bombing Mission" was supposed to be what was playing during the Guard Scorpion fight.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-11 20:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok what I need you to do is go into the start menu find the FF7 folder and select 'FF7 Music Configuration'.

Next, select the 'configure' button, then select the 'files' tab. Make sure that the profile is set to 'custom'. If that fails to work, try the two 'MP3(remixed)' option and if that doesn't work try the 'MP3' option umkay.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 20:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

mp3(remix) seems to work, but I won't know til I get into a fight.

Also, why did they only do new models for Cloud and Barret? I'm in the well scene and Tifa looks lulzy compared to Cloud. lol

Edit: Victory Fanfare still doesn't start up at the end of a fight. Small matter compared to epic battle music now. :P
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-11 21:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
mp3(remix) seems to work, but I won't know til I get into a fight. Also, why did they only do new models for Cloud and Barret? I'm in the well scene and Tifa looks lulzy compared to Cloud. lol Edit: Victory Fanfare still doesn't start up at the end of a fight. Small matter compared to epic battle music now. :P

Oh? All the main characters should be remodeled o_O
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [552 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-16 11:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny how much better a game can be and look when u let the user base add to it. most if not all the companys now have jumped on the bandwagon of no we wont let u mod are game to make it better or more fun.We will put bot programs that only us and the host of the game can see.Black ops is what i am using in my mind when i say this.companys need to do like what bungie did when halo ce came out people began modding it like everyone dose with new games but what the user base did was bring an expansion pack that bungie said ya u can use we will let u mod are game to make it better.This was done by users.This is what i do not understand why do comapnys not understand that some users on the internet may be better programmers then they are and be able to take there game to places that there team did not.

for the people who mod ff7 i do not like modders but i think modding the look should be ok but modding an online game so u know your going to win should be reportable.

i just want to say who ever updated the game play in that video did a great job btw.
By Jetackuu 2012-08-16 18:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't like modders huh?

then you probably shouldn't use this site as it's creators are the same kind of people you don't like...
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-08-16 19:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

then you probably shouldn't use this site as it's creators are the same kind of people you don't like...

i think he meant to say, [he likes mods (and stuff that doesn't affect gameplay) vs hacks / botting in online games.]

though one can only comprehend so much as to what he was trying to say there.
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-08-16 19:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<; So do these mods still work with the recent re-rerelease that came out not too long ago?
By Jetackuu 2012-08-16 19:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
<.<; So do these mods still work with the recent re-rerelease that came out not too long ago?

I have the new version and the old version installed, I'd attempt to see how both handle them but 1. I don't have an activation for the latter and I don't want to mess up my install on the former.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-08-16 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Jetackuu said: »

i think he meant to say, [he likes mods (and stuff that doesn't affect gameplay) vs hacks / botting in online games.]

though one can only comprehend so much as to what he was trying to say there.
u are 100% right with how u said it.
By Ultrarichard 2012-08-16 23:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've no idea what I did wrong, get black screen/crash when I open mine :(

Damn you windows 7!
By Jetackuu 2012-08-16 23:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said: »
I've no idea what I did wrong, get black screen/crash when I open mine :(

Damn you windows 7!
new version or old?
By Ultrarichard 2012-08-16 23:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've a copy of the old ff7 that I ripped many years ago when I had the copy, I've kept it all this time.
 Carbuncle.Templite
Server: Carbuncle
user: Template
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-08-16 23:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DLPB and his friends over at forums.qhimm.com are getting so much new traffic and questions haha. Most of that stuff is probably never going to work with the new rape-release of ff7 as it is.

I read they are building a mod that simply transforms that re-release into the original pcff7 version, which is far superior really, since it can use Aali's driver. That will basically allow people to legally and cheaply purchase the game and then mod it, which hasn't been possible up to now due to the legit version of the game being rare and expensive.

Personally I say skip the rerelease, rip that iso (which is everywhere) and enjoy.
By Jetackuu 2012-08-16 23:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've a copy of the old ff7 that I ripped many years ago when I had the copy, I've kept it all this time.

are you using the custom driver Like I talked about in the other threads? (and what is your disc drive and movie path set to?)
By Ultrarichard 2012-08-17 00:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I installed all the custom driver stuff, Aaki's (or something) and the 1.02 patch plus the remix thing I think are all done to the instructions.

I did change the Disc drive path in the Regedit!

But not the movie path, what is this suppose to be changed to?
By Jetackuu 2012-08-17 06:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I installed all the custom driver stuff, Aaki's (or something) and the 1.02 patch plus the remix thing I think are all done to the instructions.

I did change the Disc drive path in the Regedit!

But not the movie path, what is this suppose to be changed to?

sorry, the first letter to the same as the disc path, I'm going to fiddle with mine later to see if I can dump the movies (as I thought they were using the full install) to the hdd, then I'll change it to that, but for now it's the disc drive letter:\FF7\movies or something like that...
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-08-20 20:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
Anyone have confirmation the mods will work with the newly released version?

Edit: If anyone is interested most of the mods will work, but its recommended to add them manually instead of using the .exe installer