users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tiamat lowman
Tiamat lowman
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2011-01-03 02:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day me and 2 friends headed out to Play with cerb. Before the fight we took bets on how far we would get it down, no one bet under 75%, so when we got to where the blm was having to stun GoH you can understand our shock. Thf, whm, blm trioed cerb at 90 wtf!!!

now that you know what lead me to this i ask this question has anyone tried the wyrm nms, perferablly Tiamat with lowman (3-4 people) if so how long of a fight was it, and what was your set up? I would love to try these myself now that HNM shells are too busy camping abyssea mobs to worry with stuff like this. Any feed back is welcomed.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-01-03 03:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

we did tiamat with 5 bst before (2 were lvl 90 3 were level 85)

i could see it being done with 4 lvl 90 easy enough tho

can use the antlions around him if your timers not good for w/e reason

not sure how low man would handle the corses on tiamat besides bst who can just ignore them.
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-01-03 03:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkdestroyer said:
The other day me and 2 friends headed out to Play with cerb. Before the fight we took bets on how far we would get it down, no one bet under 75%, so when we got to where the blm was having to stun GoH you can understand our shock. Thf, whm, blm trioed cerb at 90 wtf!!!

That was possible at 80/85 too but good job.

I think lowmaning Tiamat would take loooong *** time but it probably possible with couple blm, 1 pld and a whm.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-03 03:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/nin brd rdm*

well then again, may want to throw in a whm for good measure, but rest assured that's the best way of doing it low-man, as much as you could've done the same thing at 75 as long as you didn't bring any airtime-specific damage tbh (so enmity would stay where it's meant to be since he/she can't rescue them in the air)

in before someone saying adds would wipe you when you can run them away effortlessly with one person repeatedly (sup brd)
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-01-03 03:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cerelyn said:

I think lowmaning Tiamat would take loooong *** time but it probably possible with couple blm, 1 pld, 1 rdm/drk and a whm.

Why would you need a RDM/DRK?
[+]
 Bismarck.Grizzlie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Grizzlie 2011-01-03 05:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We done it 6 man @ 75... took a while tho lol
set up was PLD(Aegis) RDM/DRK BRD WHM BLM THF(adds)

Can probable do it now with similar set up but do it faster by replacing the BLM with a SMN for more controlled hate on the PLD
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-01-03 06:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Bismarck.Cerelyn said:

I think lowmaning Tiamat would take loooong *** time but it probably possible with couple blm, 1 pld, 1 rdm/drk and a whm.

Good question. Maybe if the RDM doesnt have /blm level'd :3
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-03 06:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cerelyn said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Bismarck.Cerelyn said:

Stun Firaga?

/blm gets stun
 Alexander.Ariaum
Server: Alexander
user: Ariaum
By Alexander.Ariaum 2011-01-03 08:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With bar spells and resist set firaga does like no damage so stun at 90 is moot. Really out side of the Regen on Tia it's not hard. I have done with 6-8 @75, @90 it wouldn't be hard with ppl that know how to fight wyrm.
[+]
By Shirai 2011-01-03 08:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight can easily be low manned, the thing is that the fight can drag on for quite a long time if you don't supply enough damage.
Cerb only has about Half Tiamat's HP and Tiamat like most Wyrms has an insane Auto-Regen.
Also if you drag the red mage along with black mage sub you better bring along one with whm sub or a whm main because even with Carol II the bard's Barfira with the enhancing magic skill level of the whm sub will need a lot of additional fire resistance gear to reach 300 resistance.
Which you will want to be at when the Wyrm takes off to the air.

Her spells as mentioned before are neglectable though, as long as you can get your shadows back up in time for her next physical strike.
By heybrushan 2011-01-04 16:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerb is a joke before 25% HP and lower. Me and a buddy duoed it down to 20-25% many times as both lvl 80 and 85 (NIN/DNC + RDM/DRK).

Gates of Hades is what makes this fight almost impossible to duo, never been able to beat it cause of that. Tried NIN/WAR for faster breakage of stoneskin, NIN/DRK so we have 2 stun, NIN/DNC for healing, and NIN/DNC + RDM/WHM and just eat the GoH with fire / magic resist gear but no luck. :(

Wyrms is something totally different, tried duo Jourm with buddy and we lasted around 2 mins XD. Wyrm + NIN = not a good combo :P. some pets or a PLD/NIN and some DD and support should be able to take atleast Tiamat semi-easy
 Unicorn.Sanyon
Server: Unicorn
user: Sanyon
By Unicorn.Sanyon 2011-01-04 18:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiamat isn't too difficult to do at 90, some of my friends and I took him down on 4 not too long ago as whm/sch rdm/sch mnk/nin blu/nin. The new blu spells (QC, GR, delta, etc) can hit him when its flying due to their longer range. Also, can totally stun lock him with head butt on the ground, never got a resist on stun once. Actinic burst after touchdown for easy shadow casting is also awesome.

Didn't bother with a fire resist set, phalanx/shell/barfire and 12% -MDT gear took his hits down to around 160 when flying. Physical damage can still be pretty dangerous, hit me(blu) for over 700 with a random crit under 25%.

We did take about 40 mins to kill it, but it was our first time ever fighting it anyway.