Forum » FFXI » General » 90 Relics, 25% Dmg Increase
90 Relics, 25% Dmg Increase
 Bismarck.Toabea
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-12-30 23:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in a chat with a few friends today and they said there were reports on BG(but i can't find them) about lvl 90 relics have hidden effect 25% dmg increase. And that ppl have parsed it to be true... however awesome i was thinking this to be, i wasn't too sure if it was true. Can anyone confirm this or know of the thread my friend might of been talking about?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-30 23:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What like all hits and ws do an extra 25%? Ws should be super easy to test if you got a magical one
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-30 23:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you were trolled. Given empyrean weaponskills are much stronger though, it still doesn't make relics compare.
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-12-30 23:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yea he was saying all dmg on lvl 90 versions of weapon relics had got a 25% increase in dmg, and that some guys had tested it on BG. But i can't find the thread personally... interested to find out tho
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 23:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I've seen is the Lv.90 Apocalypse had the fTP of catastrophe bumped from 2.75 to 3.7. Other relics unconfirmed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-30 23:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a rather large bump lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 23:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Only thing I've seen is the Lv.90 Apocalypse had the fTP of catastrophe bumped from 2.75 to 3.7. Other relics unconfirmed.

For real?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-30 23:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Some posts I just read on BG have people saying that 25% boost applies only to ws, I'll keep reading D:
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 23:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

For real?

Well, the Wiki says up to 3.7, and the two Apoc I know both say that it's right around there. It did get an enormous Upgrade, it's about where Quietus is in terms of Damage, and Quietus has way better mods than Catastrophe.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-30 23:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Linky

The lvl 90 relics' specific WS all get a 25% damage boost to only the relic WS it unlocks.

The lvl 90 mythics' specific WS all got a 15% damage boost to thier respective mythic WS. Mostly burtgang atonement math confirmed it very fast.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-30 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The consensus over there is Empyreans still pwn Relics for anyone getting any funny ideas about making one. It's kind of a "stop crying" thing for relic owners I think.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-30 23:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if kaiten got boost. Also quit generalizing that empyrean > relic because Armageddon is nowhere near annihilator or death penalty.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 23:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Wonder if kaiten got boost. Also quit generalizing that empyrean > relic because Armageddon is nowhere near annihilator or death penalty.

I tried to tell that to my (now old) LS the other day and they called me f-in HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE basically... then I said "well tell me exactly how the damn empy gun beats annhilator...plz...." then they call shut up...go fig
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 23:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
The consensus over there is Empyreans still pwn Relics for anyone getting any funny ideas about making one. It's kind of a "stop crying" thing for relic owners I think.

Pretty Much. Of course, an exception would be Farsha, which is easily the most useless Empyrean next to the staff, which isn't really a weapon anyway, so who gives a ***?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 23:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Neither is tops from a DPS standpoint, which is where Empyreans shine (and easily beat both weapons). Utility is a completely separate discussion.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 23:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
Neither is tops from a DPS standpoint, which is where Empyreans shine (and easily beat both weapons). Utility is a completely separate discussion.

Depending on how the Attack Buff on the DRK EAF scales as you add pieces 3, 4 and 5, Apocalypse may be an exception, since during aftermath, DRK can keep the entire set and maintain 26% haste.

But then again, loldrk?
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-30 23:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

Depending on how the Attack Buff on the DRK EAF scales as you add pieces 3, 4 and 5, Apocalypse may be an exception, since during aftermath, DRK can keep the entire set and maintain 26% haste.

But then again, loldrk?

Cata got a 25% damage boost so it will be pretty beastly It was already better than Quietus no?.... even if it doesn't beat most empty weapons damage its a hell of a weapon.

In before after loldrk.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 23:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The exact mechanic by which the damage boost is, to my knowledge, unconfirmed. Atomic Skull's posts are speculative unless I overlooked a post confirming that it's a fTP boost across all the WS.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 00:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Post stating SE knows empy weapons still > relics but plan to continue to refine relics.

But there is no data source to back this up just say JP player saying he read it in a japanese interveiw with SE....

Probably a BS post but one can dream cant they.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 00:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The exact mechanic by which the damage boost is, to my knowledge, unconfirmed. Atomic Skull's posts are speculative unless I overlooked a post confirming that it's a fTP boost across all the WS.

Sorry you are right I am just reading up on all this just now It looks like the math forgot to account for wars new JT of increased critical hit damage;

Link
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 00:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright! Final heaven may be worth using over Asuran now!
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 00:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for all the ninja edits >_>

I am just trying to train for working for SE ninja fix department <_<
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-12-31 03:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the great info maxse!
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 03:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem glad to be of help thanks for bringing it to my attention so I could look for it. This helps me decide to continue working on my relic...