Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Pooman said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Pooman said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sorry I still don't see the big idea, anyone who would say can I join just for the kill I need to go to work, I would let them join. I guess I'm just not a *** about forcing people to be attentive every 5m to kill a lvl 30 mob that dies in one hit. If you are killing it, because you have the time to do so, whats the big deal?

not to be a *** or anything towards you but heres the big deal..

we have all camped nm's more times than we like to as it is,so every one cant all jump on a lvl 30 mob but they should atleast pretend to for the next 3 hours.its principle,if im running round for 3 hours like an insane bored retard then every one else should.its not about contributing but about being at your keyboard just like the rest of us have to.

id like to take the wife doggy style while you kill my nm's for me but i know realisticly its not happening nor should it happen.
suck it up like the rest of us have to or camp when you do have time off work to camp

I agree with this.
If I can't go afk and finish a trial, I'm not letting you go work and finish yours. Some of the NMs have 16 minute respawn placeholders. If I have to wait and kill those damn things for hours in order to get the NM to spawn, you'll have to wait with me.

But that's kinda like what I was saying before though. Can't you be nice and just help someone else out when its technically not affecting you at all? Except for the fact that you're a jealous *** that doesn't want to give anything to anyone without getting something in return.

If they were there in the beginning and then had to go to work, I wouldn't mind at all. If they just came to the spot, said they had to work and asked if I could let them leech, I wouldn't. Why the hell would I be jealous? I don't need anything in return, but I won't help a leech if he does absolutely nothing the entire time there. He can come back from work and then finish the trials himself.

A 6-12 man abyssea exp pt can do as much as an entire alliance. Does that mean I'll fill in the rest of the alliance to help people leech their jobs? It doesn't affect me in anyway, but there's no way I'm going to let that happen in a party I made.

Well I know saying anything to someone like you won't sway your opinion in any way, but my point basically is that you should always want to help people out and always be the better person; and in your case not try to make it circumstantial to how *** big your party is and that *you* would never allow something like people going afk happen. >.> go troll somewhere else

I should ALWAYS want to help people out? Sorry, but there are some people out there who just don't deserve any help in my opinion. I'll help out my friends and people I know really well. I'll help out people who have helped me out before. I will not, however, help out some random guy who I know nothing about leech an entire trial.

It's the way I am and this is my opinion on the subject. You have your ways and I have mine. You can let people leech trials, but I won't. I don't care what you do; I'm not saying you should do it my way, but you say I should act a certain way because you think it's the right thing to do? Sorry.

Also... Troll? I haven't trolled in any way whatsoever.

Idc what you do either, but I'm just saying in general I don't see why anyone can't just be the better person. You should've learned that when you're a child. As for trolling, you making that statement about your pt was a douchebaggy situational thing, that was kinda irrelevant to my point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-25 15:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Williamlee said:
I really hate to be the one to point this out but there are times when you let someone leech you are killing off the competition for certain NMs. I mean I would like to go afk and magically have my trials done but I work for them. But if you're asking to leech with the excuse you're going to work you can gtfo. If you're going to work and want to get something done on the game, then take the day off from work. There's no reason in my eyes to let someone leech like that unless that person is a friend.

Look at it like this, you ask to leech while you go to the store. You get told no, you've lost nothing since you did not plan on playing at that time anyway.

See I don't get this. How does it hurt you in any way possible to have this person in the pt while they go to work? Who the *** would take a day off and lose a ton of money just to camp a NM, get real. Stop being a jealous douche because people are completeing the same trial as you, its not like they are taking any resources away from you unless you go to pop the same nm at the same time.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-25 15:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Because some may consider that 'easy mode.'

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-25 15:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy mode wtf? Like widescanning/killing a PH in one shot every 5m is not easy mode?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-25 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was planning to kill the NM for a trial I'd let someone leech, unless I didn't like the person. I don't really see the problem unless it's a super shitty NM that can pop in several places or in a large area and others are looking to kill it for a drop (and don't want to team up).
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-25 15:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. It seems awfully easy to ask someone to do the work for you while you're off doing something else.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-25 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're gonna do it anyway, what's the harm.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-25 15:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If they're gonna do it anyway, what's the harm.

I totally agree with you, I wouldn't care if they asked politely to leech.

I can just understand how some people may not like it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tiergan
user: Tiergan
By Bismarck.Tiergan 2010-12-25 21:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The only NM I can think of offhand that I would want leeches to be present for is Black Triple Stars, just due to the fact that it has such an awful placeholder. Anything else, I guess it doesn't really matter to me if you're leeching or killing. Chances are, the sooner you get done with your trials, the sooner you're helping me with the next ones.
[+]
By Pooman 2010-12-25 22:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, if you got work then you should expect to be further behind the rest who don't work as much or don't work at all. I think it's pretty stupid that you would get mad because someone won't do everything for you while you're at work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-25 22:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

welcome neonracers sock puppet
[+]
 Cerberus.Delsus
Server: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-12-27 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason people team up for these magian NMs is so that people arent competing for the NMs when theres no need to.

Once when I was doing the toad NM in past west saruta it was about 4am so i said to the other people with me "you mind if i stay logged here for the next kill because its my last one" so i went to bed, woke up to find i had finished the trial.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-27 10:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
welcome neonracers sock puppet

umad?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-12-27 10:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If your time is so precious, why are you bitching about this for 4 pages straight?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-27 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically if someone been there for the duration then for some authentic reason has to go and asks to leech then i'll be fine with it.

If however they haven't said a word and just gone afk then I have no interest in helping them.
 Sylph.Conchita
Server: Sylph
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-12-27 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is a great thread to read while camping a NM for katana trial. I have this dude in the PT who asked for invite (okey, maybe the JP guy pointed it out to invite him); so I do and he doesn't accept the invite - fine he's afk. Then JP guy says again to invite him, I invite again and this time he accepts.

Guy>> {Time remaining?}
me>> 35secs on PH

Think he even moved 35secs later to kill the first PH? Nupe. 2 hours later still no pop on the NM and this guy hasn't moved a single time, replied to me when I said his name in PT or ANYTHING. I can kill this PH easily and the NM, I wouldn't care at all if this guy would do atleast SOMETHING, but man. He's just standing there doing nothing at all ever since he got invited. *** that.

I don't think you understand, Draylo, that people don't camp these NMs because they want to. They HAVE to. They'd rather afk on you too, but they can't or they can't get this ***done. If everyone afks no one's gonna get it done and I'm not gonna let people leech just because they feel they are entitled to. Or because they "work". I have plenty of other things I should do too. I'm not gonna give you a free ride if you don't atleast 'try'.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-12-27 19:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Conchita said:
Well this is a great thread to read while camping a NM for katana trial. I have this dude in the PT who asked for invite (okey, maybe the JP guy pointed it out to invite him); so I do and he doesn't accept the invite - fine he's afk. Then JP guy says again to invite him, I invite again and this time he accepts.

Guy>> {Time remaining?}
me>> 35secs on PH

Think he even moved 35secs later to kill the first PH? Nupe. 2 hours later still no pop on the NM and this guy hasn't moved a single time, replied to me when I said his name in PT or ANYTHING. I can kill this PH easily and the NM, I wouldn't care at all if this guy would do atleast SOMETHING, but man. He's just standing there doing nothing at all ever since he got invited. *** that.

I don't think you understand, Draylo, that people don't camp these NMs because they want to. They HAVE to. They'd rather afk on you too, but they can't or they can't get this ***done. If everyone afks no one's gonna get it done and I'm not gonna let people leech just because they feel they are entitled to. Or because they "work". I have plenty of other things I should do too. I'm not gonna give you a free ride if you don't atleast 'try'.
[+]
By Johneblaze 2010-12-28 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL i cannot beleive there is so much conversation about something so simple, if you are not there you DO NOT deserve credit why is that so hard to comprehend? Would you let me join your abby and go afk? I see how it in no way holds them back but it depreciates the work they are doing letting you jump aboard like a wild freight train. If you somehow work out a way for everyone to leech then mabye I guess but c'mon man. If your excuse for not putting in the effort in a time-sink MMORPG is your are tired from work or don't have the hours then mabye you should consider more "attainable goals". I think it is hilarious you started a thread to point out how lazy you are :P
 Leviathan.Sedda
user: Sedda
By Leviathan.Sedda 2011-01-03 00:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
No I just work my *** off every week and hope people don't have sticks up their *** like you atm :(

Just letting someone else do do what -you- are suppose to be attempting to do is l.a.z.y. And using the work excuse? 24/7 work here. I am a wife. A mother. My work comes home with me. Not to mention house work and all that fun stuff yet I still contribute even if it's being there at the computer and chatting it up with whomever I am with.

Whining because someone won't let you 'leech' whatever you need to advance and then throwing up a comment like *Motions up* that when you are called on for being lazy? Continuation of childishness. If you do not like it then do not post such silly things~