What Is Your Worst AF Questing Memory?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What is your worst AF Questing memory?
What is your worst AF Questing memory?
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Its simple - post the worse thing(s) that have happened while you camp AF. Especially things like long time to get key/find coffer, boss problems, death problems, etc!

RDM AF - 10 hours to get Nest Chest Key -> week to find chest.
RDM AF - 5 hours to get Eldieme Coffer Key -> 2 weeks to find coffer
SMN AF - Toraimarai Canal, checked all spawn points, enough said. >_>
PLD AF - Go to The Eldieme Necropolis with key in my possession already, takes 4 hours to find coffer. (God it sucks running around there at LV49, and having to exit to Batallia and run across the zone.)
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-21 04:07:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

The only horrific AF incident I can think of was back in the day when Astral Rings came from Castle Oztroja, it made my AF body hunt for RDM virtually impossible. There were multiple stationary bots made to insta-pick coffers as they pop in front of them and those also who would run back and forth to try their luck at getting their own astral. Not to mention Oztroja was also an RMT hotspot; back when they were ruthless and MPKed you on sight.
 Odin.Arnor
Server: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-02-21 04:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

smn af- Toraimarai canal 2nd time getting coffer after +1 feet took me days to get key
thf af- weakened multiple times picking coffers (got lucky no mimics)
war af- spending all that time getting 5/5 af to only use 1 piece ever lol
 Hades.Brinchan
Server: Hades
user: Brinny
By Hades.Brinchan 2009-02-21 04:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow...I can hardly remember my bard af, only thing that stood out was bringing help in the form of overkill to the ghost so I didnt even get to sing one song o_o; I was gutted
Dragoon went well..
Paladin is so far going well. May change when it comes to surcoat time though *shivver* Castle Zvahl =__=
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-21 04:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

THF

Beeing the first job i had at that lv nothing was soloble. granted coffers were picked ofcourse. But getting help to fight at tower in Sauro, the ??? in GC, the gambling with the goblins. yuck. Yep, def the worst AF I ever done.I dont think I had my full AF til I was close to lv 70. lol. Not that THF AF really is anything to have. But you know, beeing the first job and the first AF you ever got, it was nice.
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-02-21 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh blm af, took me over a week to get some water elemental to pop in CN and of course now whenever I go down there u can find them. whm af farming that stupid bell for over 5 hrs, told the group with me ok I'm done last freaking mob and woot it dropped. whm af in the shitadel sucked too, not too bad getting the key it was actually finding the chest, love the WoTG back entrance to the place now!
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-02-21 04:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
THF

Beeing the first job i had at that lv nothing was soloble. granted coffers were picked ofcourse. But getting help to fight at tower in Sauro, the ??? in GC, the gambling with the goblins. yuck. Yep, def the worst AF I ever done.I dont think I had my full AF til I was close to lv 70. lol. Not that THF AF really is anything to have. But you know, beeing the first job and the first AF you ever got, it was nice.

Can only agree with THF in Garlaige here. Took me forever to get that one, then the one time we finally killed it without Self Destruct - our WHM ported to early and someone hadn't passed the item. So it was lost. Had to go back another time :|
 Shiva.Celene
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Celene 2009-02-21 04:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

getting the bell for whm.. it dropped after alot of frustration.. i lotted. and something fell into inventory >^.^< lost the bell.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-21 05:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting WAR body, since it was my first job that can equip AF, I had to shout for help for the 3 gobbies

Pop'd the gobbies when the WHM had no mp, so we wiped first time

Then a BST came to help, got it the second time
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-02-21 05:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did the MNK AF1 on my alt at level 41. I thought it would be fairly easy as I took along a lvl 55 PLD to help but the damned ghost cast Sleepga II and put me to sleep,my PLD partner was in the red by this time and was so intent on healing himself he forgot to wake me so I could help fight. By the time he cast Cure on me he was down to about 90 HP with several bad status effects and virtually no MP left. I was on about 80% HP so was fine :) When all his status effects wore off he was down to 23 HP and was cursing me for not helping fight.lol
 Asura.Kaylen
Server: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2009-02-21 06:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN AF - Toraimarai Canal yeah 6 hours farming the key coffer not so bad and blm af just sucked. hell still haven't got the pants yet but at 75 don't really need them i guess.
 Diabolos.Wraith
Server: Diabolos
user: Wraith
By Diabolos.Wraith 2009-02-21 08:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG af Body ifrit's cauldron took a week to get key and 4-5 trips to find coffer without dieing ? i avoid that place now if at all possible.
 Cerberus.Lilla
Server: Cerberus
user: Lilla
By Cerberus.Lilla 2009-02-21 09:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree on DRG body, key was easy using my thf, but finding a coffer was a nightmare, that took a long time, think I got dead 4 times looking.
 Odin.Artix
user: Sundarion
By Odin.Artix 2009-02-21 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real intersting af experience ive had, (i have 6 full sets) is from a set i dont even have. I was trying to help a freind with RDM in feiyin. That ghost, ive soloed tons of af on 75SMN, couldnt touch it mega drain every time it would hit carby. lol needless to say we left without w/e it drops haha oh well, BLM af hat was a royal pain in the *** too. probably one of the harder af peices out there from the pre toau/wotg jobs.
 Bahamut.Avenged
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-02-21 09:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting my PLD AF from Eldieme Necropolis. Had key, but was having trouble getting coffer. Some friends came out to help and after a few hours we had finally found the coffer. I start running towards it and lord behold my controller dies. My character keeps running and falls down a hole and gets agro... Then I had to camp coffer for that much longer lol. Finally got it though.
 Carbuncle.Bloodblade
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Bloodblade 2009-02-24 18:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Took 10 hours to get a Quicksand Caves key for my Myochin Haidate. We knew where the chest was too. Second a key dropped a THF logged in a picked it -.- took another 2 hours to find it again, then I died and had to HP back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Pastor
Server: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 19:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i guess for it would be the Coffer i solo'ed in Castle Zvahl Baileys for my THF. I was clean out of tools and didn't Fancie the chance of getting a mimic and for some reason i cannot remember had a key from earlier in the week. So all i had to do was find the chest pop and warp. Considering this was my second AF collection i thought i could do fairly easy. LOL finding the chest was a total phrase did a round check of all possible spawn locations and nothing did a second round trip and it was the last one else i would of been doing a third round trip. Now i had to pop it, i have little Castle Zvahl Baileys knowledge and no map so this was going to be fun ! - Had 2 eyes over the chest so i used my 2hr and went for it. Flee saved my bacon and i was able to make enough ground and use a warp item and left. I was shaking like a leaf >.<
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-02-24 19:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only had 1 bad experience in GC. The chest was right behind Door #3, and we thought we had it, but there was a Ghost up in front of it, so we started fighting when a random RNG, who had apparently followed us while invis, pops and steals it, then warps saying something rude. Such a douchebag thing to do :|.

p.s. This was pre-Wotg, so you couldn't solo it, and was back when u HAD to get 3 people to help x: lol
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 19:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Erikthecleric said:
I've only had 1 bad experience in GC. The chest was right behind Door #3, and we thought we had it, but there was a Ghost up in front of it, so we started fighting when a random RNG, who had apparently followed us while invis, pops and steals it, then warps saying something rude. Such a douchebag thing to do :|.

p.s. This was pre-Wotg, so you couldn't solo it, and was back when u HAD to get 3 people to help x: lol

man that blows :/
/blist add <douchbag> =]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-24 19:56:23

Blu Staging Points.
This only sucked because I didn't have any before.
Solo'd them all. 1/1 on all, but man was it heart-pounding.
I can't say for Rdm AF, since a 75 Thf friend of mine solo'd every last thing in it. (got it all in a day).

Thf AF was funny when I had to pick the first coffer. Right as I open it (took like 7 keys), two Orcs decided to attempt to dogpile me. 2h'd and Warp Scroll'd. :o
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Blu Staging Points.
I can't say for Rdm AF, since a 75 Thf friend of mine solo'd every last thing in it. (got it all in a day).

Thf AF was funny when I had to pick the first coffer. Right as I open it (took like 7 keys), two Orcs decided to attempt to dogpile me. 2h'd and Warp Scroll'd. :o

LOL you know i only lock picked one of my chest for my THF af and with me also that took 6 bloody keys to open it i was shocked to find no mimic or orks bum rushing me :/
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-24 20:05:16

I was trying to pick the ones for the AF hands; chest was behind the door on the very top of Castle Oz. As my friend was opening the door, I got aggro. And what do you know, it drops a key. I didn't even bother with the AF body.
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
I was trying to pick the ones for the AF hands; chest was behind the door on the very top of Castle Oz. As my friend was opening the door, I got aggro. And what do you know, it drops a key. I didn't even bother with the AF body.

I just wanted the set atm i only use the AF head as part of my steal macro, hands for DEX build macros and feet for flee boost. I already have the dyna hands and legs which of course hands are a no brainier and the legs are used in my steal macro. I do remember some parts of the THF AF stuff rather ... well pointless it was just time wasting and i didn't think it linked that well to the job oh well i got the lot we owned the Bomb NM we me and my helpers xD
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 20:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Blu Staging Points.

I had help with azouph isle and ilrusi atoll, the rest I levelled whm to 25 specifically so I could solo them (on 25whm, my blu was 40). I had no second pc or windower back then, (not that I have windower now of course <_<) so I remember logging several times in halvung (no map) to look at the on-line map again and try and work out where I was... sucked big time. I also copied an on-line map of Mamook on a bit of paper by hand (I still have it somewhere), which didn't help me survive when I ran into poroggo -_-

Although I still haven't met anyone that was 6/6 on staging points at level 40 lol
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Haseyo said:
Blu Staging Points.

I had help with azouph isle and ilrusi atoll, the rest I levelled whm to 25 specifically so I could solo them (on 25whm, my blu was 40). I had no second pc or windower back then, (not that I have windower now of course <_<) so I remember logging several times in halvung (no map) to look at the on-line map again and try and work out where I was... sucked big time. I also copied an on-line map of Mamook on a bit of paper by hand (I still have it somewhere), which didn't help me survive when I ran into poroggo -_-

Although I still haven't met anyone that was 6/6 on staging points at level 40 lol

the very thought of trying to solo them at level 40 makes me shudder :/
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 20:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pastor said:
Blazza said:
Haseyo said:
Blu Staging Points.

25* not that it makes a difference, it's one shot kill either way
 Garuda.Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-24 20:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Pastor said:
Blazza said:
Haseyo said:
Blu Staging Points.

25* not that it makes a difference, it's one shot kill either way

if it were possible doing it on a level one job now that would make for a good video :D
 Fairy.Poostaru
Server: Fairy
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-02-24 20:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For Me it was BLM AF Hat. Being sneak attacked and chased around Toraimarai Canal by a bunch of slimes ..... Note to all: If sneak wears off... they still aggro threw walls....
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-02-24 20:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG AF feet in QUicksand caves. 7 hours on key hunting and 5 more for coffer
First Page 2