What Is Your Worst AF Questing Memory?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What is your worst AF Questing memory?
What is your worst AF Questing memory?
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-24 21:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was helping the friend of a friend get paladin af in Davoi, the one with the two evil orcs. We all died, but we got the drop (well weight or something like that) before the party wiped. So that's ok, right? Except I was dead by the time it dropped so I couldn't pass it, and the pld who was there to get it didn't roll on it, so it randomly fell to me, a rng who has no intention of ever leveling pld. (The pld was the last to die, if I remember correctly.) So we had to do the fight again. I was mad at the pld at first for not rolling on the stupid thing, but she couldn't really help it, she was busy trying to live lol.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2009-02-24 21:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu staging points.
Had never been to any before, soloed them all using online maps, died 3 times, twice due to Imps and their lovely Fire III. And once by a SoulFlayer. It should be noted that one Imp killed me when I was literally 5 feet away from the entrance to Ilrusi Atoll staging point. :[
/suicide
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 21:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Morbidthrasher said:
Blu staging points.
Had never been to any before, soloed them all using online maps, died 3 times, twice due to Imps and their lovely Fire III. And once by a SoulFlayer. It should be noted that one Imp killed me when I was literally 5 feet away from the entrance to Ilrusi Atoll staging point. :[
/suicide

yarly, that's why I always offer to help out especially on ilrusi atoll staging point when I find out people don't have them, it was not one of the funnest experiences I've had.
 Garuda.Noitti
Server: Garuda
user: tokidoki
By Garuda.Noitti 2009-02-24 21:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

recently- an RMT thf w/ thf tools to take my coffers in Beadeux for my whm AF. :D
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 21:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Eldieme has always sucked for me. I would go in solo, wait at one of the stone gates for like half an hour, then when someone finally opens it, I go through, can't find the coffer, so I wait at another gate for like another half hour, then I see the coffer finally, and someone grabs it two seconds ahead of me.

It should be noted that SE recently implemented an update that made getting coffers so much easier and more fair. Coffers are on a 5-minute respawn, but you can only open one per hour.
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-02-25 01:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM was well over a year+ ago and I don't remember anything super hard, only maat fight at 70 (*** old man)

But I am leveling BRD now and I hate every damn quest as they come.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 01:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 9 full AF sets and the worst was THF, mainly because I had to get my coffer from Zvahl during the RMT monopoly on the coffers there.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-02-25 01:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have is SAM and SCH. I had some good help getting my SAM body in Temple of Uggalepih. But I've done a lot of quests in my day. The worst chest pop for me was without a doubt in Sacrarium. I went with a CoP party and had checked every pop point available with the exception of one - you guessed it, behind the 2-key door. So we open the door and I let them go to the reliquary while I tell them I'm about to attempt something incredibly stupid and suicidal. If you don't know in the other room behind the key door is 3 IT taurus mobs along with the chest. I start praying and rush in, and somehow manage to get to the back of the room, pop the chest, and run back out without aggroing. It was only after I popped my warp scroll that I realized I was screaming at the top of my lungs.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 02:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shindo said:
All I have is SAM and SCH. I had some good help getting my SAM body in Temple of Uggalepih. But I've done a lot of quests in my day. The worst chest pop for me was without a doubt in Sacrarium. I went with a CoP party and had checked every pop point available with the exception of one - you guessed it, behind the 2-key door. So we open the door and I let them go to the reliquary while I tell them I'm about to attempt something incredibly stupid and suicidal. If you don't know in the other room behind the key door is 3 IT taurus mobs along with the chest. I start praying and rush in, and somehow manage to get to the back of the room, pop the chest, and run back out without aggroing. It was only after I popped my warp scroll that I realized I was screaming at the top of my lungs.
Actually there's 4, nice work :o
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-25 02:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My entire BRD AF..

3 days for 6-7hr a day on Castle Oztroja Key. (With maybe 30min break in that for food).
2 days for coffer because rmt kept running around picking ._.

6 hours in Castle Zvahl Baileys for Key.
3 days getting coffer, because people spent their entire life farming that too.. ><

WHM AF was pretty annoying too, I gave up after getting 3 pieces to level BLM. I got BLM to 50 and realised I had to get WHM AF from Beadeux.. 4x 3hr key hunts, I got it finally in a 20min stint when my brother came to help me get it.. then ran out of shihei on third mob XD
 Cerberus.Seth
Server: Cerberus
user:
By Cerberus.Seth 2009-02-25 20:50:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

After spending an average of 4-6 hours per day for one week finally did a whm af bell drop for a friend. The following week helped him & others get his whm af. When it fell another whm thought item had passed and teleported the party out causing him to loose the item. To say the least I heard a lot of language and some of it unknown for many hours after that lol.