Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Soloable Atmas/Abyssites
Soloable Atmas/Abyssites
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-11-29 11:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So...Thread title says it all (excluding the ones that are bought with cruor for completing Storyline Mission). Looking for ones that can be soloed by one of my jobs (WAR/PLD/SAM/BLM/SCH/THF/BRD...though I do not have HOLY **** gear, and yes I know jobs like BRD cannot solo...just listing all my jobs).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-11-29 11:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

can solo both Abyssite's of Celerity, which reduces time to produce stones.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-29 11:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Take one of ur dd jobs sub ranger and you can get one of the abyssite of merits solo in tahrongi assuming you can find a bhumi. Ephemeral mobs too as already stated although my personal opinion as a blm main would be to go as another job but blm so you can sub rng but still have some defensive capabilites which blm/rng would lack. War, pld, sam or even sch sub rng would be good for locating ephemeral mobs and avatars.

Theres an abyssite from tonberries in konstchat you could solo easily enough on ur melee or mage jobs.

Ive still got 11 abyssite left to get but ive done all my abyssea progress so far without an ls, hope some of this info is useful somewhat if you need specific advice for low man nms for abyssite just ask.

As far as atma goes better someone else how knows more than I do answer than for you I have razed/minkin/sanguine but from my understanding even if you could solo the nm you would still require other jobs to proc !! yellow/red w/e to get atma 100%.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-29 11:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Yea celerity and soujorn are best ones imo followed by furtherance and merit.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-29 11:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
So...Thread title says it all (excluding the ones that are bought with cruor for completing Storyline Mission). Looking for ones that can be soloed by one of my jobs (WAR/PLD/SAM/BLM/SCH/THF/BRD...though I do not have HOLY **** gear, and yes I know jobs like BRD cannot solo...just listing all my jobs).

Needs moar solo jobs. DNC, NIN, RDM, DRG/Mage! You'd probably be able to do a bunch with SCH/RDM though.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-11-29 12:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

I got the Black Whisker one. The Tonberry one was being an ***. The Sojourn ones don't really look soloable...2 are from NMs (Ovni, Mielikki, and another from a quest involving Gukumatz), though I have the one that you buy for 6k cruor.

I'll look up these Ephemeral ones. Are the avatar NMs easy to solo or something?

@Mahayaya, Yes I know :/ I am thinking about leveling RDM...I don't know about the rest though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-29 12:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I got the Black Whisker one. The Tonberry one was being an ***. The Sojourn ones don't really look soloable...2 are from NMs (Ovni, Mielikki, and another from a quest involving Gukumatz), though I have the one that you buy for 6k cruor. I'll look up these Ephemeral ones. Are the avatar NMs easy to solo or something? @Mahayaya, Yes I know :/ I am thinking about leveling RDM...I don't know about the rest though.

Bhumi and the other wandering avatars have really low HP. You could probably do it on SCH or BLM as the only concern I've heard is their 2hr(which I have yet to get hit with, I don't usually give them much time or much TP). I believe Ovni has been solo'd as DNC and RDM(by use of terrain) which means it can probably be soloed by SCH using terrain.

Atmas are difficult solo because of the whole !! proc thing. WAR is great for proc'ing red !!, but as far as solo'ing goes... I'd say keep at the Tonberries, because that abyssite really really pays off over time.
By sefalon 2010-11-29 12:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some you can solo but if you are like me then you are living stone to stone. So. Go out and find a friend that wants seals or other drops and work together. I did shouts for nms that dropped seals so I can get key items. Then I did shouts on the atmas...Razed ruins took 5 min to fill 18/18 ....if u build it they will come.

For small stuff bst is awesome.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-29 12:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I got the Black Whisker one. The Tonberry one was being an ***. The Sojourn ones don't really look soloable...2 are from NMs (Ovni, Mielikki, and another from a quest involving Gukumatz), though I have the one that you buy for 6k cruor. I'll look up these Ephemeral ones. Are the avatar NMs easy to solo or something? @Mahayaya, Yes I know :/ I am thinking about leveling RDM...I don't know about the rest though.

Yeah... tbh I ... must admit I actually died on blm to bhumi had just woke up at the time and I didnt manawall b4 I manafonted to kill it, got it to 5% and wiped and that was as blm/whm, I didnt attempt bind/sleep under assumption they didnt work and Id just waste time getting hit. I bio 2'd it as I died and raised up to finish and galka mnk chi blasted it and got the abyssite. Really pissed me off at the time although I dont blame him at all.

On mnk/rng its a pushover I wasnt even bothering to get any atma or curor buffs at all for him by about the 4th fight. To begin with Id get razed/sanguine/hp curor buff/vit/dex/str/agi but by the 4th kill and no drop I didnt bother getting buffs each time I entered. Id kill one not too far north of main encampment which you can check with widescan without getting visitant status and then kill 2nd around pachipodium's I wasnt aware of any more than 2 or didnt manage to find any more. I think I went 1/8 ish, the 1st few fights blm/whm was on the whole a waste of abyssea time widescan is pretty much a must. After the 1st few when I had tod and was on mnk/rng I was using very little abyssea time and getting both bhumis within 5mins then exiting for 30-40.

Mountain buster and megalith throw seemed to only do 200-600dmg stone4 was most dangerous move I saw him do all times I fought him one reached 1200ish.

Ovni not done yet myself but others have soloed apparently abyssite is around 10% though ;;

Gukumatz I need badly myself too.

Mielikki Id just shout for in town , shout the seals that drop and name the abyssite too you should get decent ammount of interest like I did pretty fast. I went with 5 others as mnk/nin. I had never fought it before but most ??? nms that are tankable by mnk are same deal. I went mnk/nin and had rdm whm blm brd and bst I think. It did a pretty nasty knockback aoe move which killed the bst outright but really wasnt that hard for mnk/nin with good support.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-29 12:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
if u build it they will come.

Lol'd
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-11-29 14:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Mahayaya, Yeah. I suck at NIN even with the shadow-counter. I when I am down to one shadow I start casting and then the mob misses then Utsusemi has no effect then I am SoL until the next timer is up. DNC is cool...but not enough party invites. DRG...I'll pass. And I was wondering if those Avatar NMs used Astral Flow, that's good to know.

@Krsone, shouting...eh, not too fond of that, because of the retards that go just to **** **** up. But I guess it's a risk I am going to have to take.

@Sefalon, The only problem with that is everyone on my flist is doing their own **** so I don't bug them. I've been trying to find an abyssea LS, but nothing yet. I was in one for SHORT time, but I could only attend 1 run a week...thats not enough.

Thanks everyone for the help^^ I will look into the abyssites you mentioned! :D
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
@Mahayaya, Yeah. I suck at NIN even with the shadow-counter. I when I am down to one shadow I start casting and then the mob misses then Utsusemi has no effect then I am SoL until the next timer is up.

Cancel the shadow-image effect manually while utsu: Ichi is at 40-50% ;O
And time it with enemy attacks!
[+]
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2010-11-29 14:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Hades.Triet said:
@Mahayaya, Yeah. I suck at NIN even with the shadow-counter. I when I am down to one shadow I start casting and then the mob misses then Utsusemi has no effect then I am SoL until the next timer is up.

Cancel the shadow-image effect manually while utsu: Ichi is at 40-50% ;O
And time it with enemy attacks!
Yeah, I normally time it with their attacks...but thats when my evasion decides to kick in and I just wasted Ichi...haha...I'll have work on cancelling it too. Didn't think of that. Thanks
By Bieberfan21 2010-11-29 21:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Flame Skimmer's abyssite is soloable by kiting around the bridge near his spawn point (use the side closer to the puktraps) Prolly should /nin for that guy.

Npfundlwa same strategy just involves a long long pull. I hope you got Atma of ambition/heralds/ or @ the very least powder boots

Iktomi can be solo'd by use of kiting, You want to follow the wall on your left after you pull him out of the camp. He path's horribly @ a certain point as you pass the Single tree in the section with the conflux05
{These 3 always de-aggro, Keep DoT on it}

I've Solo'd Fear Gorta by bringing it to the Rock with conflux05. It paths very very slow around this rock and it should be a joke. Just pray it doesnt use Death. (never did once for me)

Lugarhoo is also soloable but is very tricky honestly. What I did was pull it to the fence people use to Pin Brooder. (using multiple pairs of powder boots, similarly a Sprinter's drink works very well because it lasts for a full minute, but I would bring both) There are other pins spots in the zone but I could not manage to figure them out nearly as well as this Spot. I believe there is a thread link to a website about Pinning spots somewhere on the internet, or on this site. I remember it shows like 6~ locations in Konschtat and La theine.

Lugarhoo gets extreemly hard when it uses Fever Pitch. Best of luck.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-29 21:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

good thread, rate up. Bump.
By Bieberfan21 2010-11-29 22:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Just wait until the kids w/ ADD get in here and argue about dumb *** (Like colors on the screen)
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-29 22:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bieberfan21 said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Just wait until the kids w/ ADD get in here and argue about dumb *** (Like colors on the screen)
I mentioned that this would be a good thread for soloists...

WTF are you talking about??? pointless dude...and you never even explained yourself.

nin edit.. sry I never looked up.. Im getting lazy in my old age.