Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » low man xp/te farming
low man xp/te farming
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-11-16 17:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing you need to be wary of is what TP moves the mob uses before you BLU burn anything. Disseverment gives 50 TP per cast, Quad. Cont. gives 40.. ect. With a large number of BLU's you are going to be eating TP spam pretty heavily.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 17:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bring back the merit setup of lvl cap 75. DD DD Dnc Cor Brd Rdm!

With RR/EE atma's things will die very fast. Hell the Dnc can prolly just solo his own for more boxes.
 Ramuh.Herrmann
Server: Ramuh
user: Herrmann
By Ramuh.Herrmann 2010-11-16 17:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sefalon, put on some clothes please.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-16 23:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Take 2 BLUs and a THF into abyssea-attohwa, cap azure/pearl on ephemerals, and then go to the chigoes, have the thf pull them all, and have the BLUs whirl of rage them to death >.>
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-17 07:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Take 2 BLUs and a THF into abyssea-attohwa, cap azure/pearl on ephemerals, and then go to the chigoes, have the thf pull them all, and have the BLUs whirl of rage them to death >.>

What zone are we talking about where the chigoes are?
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2010-11-17 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

pearl lights not a 100% drop from melee kills. we used the emphyrean mobs to get the azure lights capped when we do the crawlers in vunkerl, a mob that does not drop azure. these can be soloed/duoed by the black mages. stick to the murexes if possible.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-17 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

What zone are we talking about where the chigoes are?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-27 20:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Elemental ninjutsu should count as magic kill, right? If so, technically you could solo farm TE?

I should probably try that since I always seem to have 30 min banked and 1-2 stones only ><

Tested and confirmed.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 14:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you cap out azure and pearl lights. The key is to do absolutely no weapon skills or kill mobs that provide no ruby light.

There's a camp in Abyssea-Vunkerl you can camp far away enough to pull Murexes near Conflux 1 at the pond nearby. They aggro at night and to Job Abilities, so take caution if you go near them. As someone said, they don't give out ruby lights and are pretty squishy. A BLU or two and some other DD in a merit-party style group can get them dead pretty quick, especially with appropriate Atma. A full alliance can obliterate the entire camp at this point, assuming they're on the lookout for repops. Things will get disastrous if a lot of murexes clump up and spam ga spells.
[+]
 Phoenix.Angelinn
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2010-12-10 11:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Save yourself some sanity and find stuff that doesn't give Ruby Lights if you're only trying to farm TEs. I usually lowman abyssea with 3 other people (well, 2 and a dualbox) as MNK THF RDM WHM. We cap lights on seal NMs/killing stuff between pops, then move to NQ murexes to farm TEs. Once we're good on time, head back to the seal NM and do amber/NMs for af3 farming and seals and enough TEs to keep us even.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-10 11:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo TE's in this zone (Attowa Cham) on worms after soloing a couple ephemerals. I have, however, failed yet to get my thf AF feet from there. But if I need TE, this is what I do
By Baleigh 2010-12-10 11:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are just looking for exp or TE's for lowman (6) try Tahrongi. Send your group to start building azure on mandies. Get 1 person with a job that can solo tier 1 VNM quickly and heal themselves for back to back fighting, (blu, pld, etc) and have them repeatedly pop the VNM. The VNM will give 100% pearl light at an enhanced rate (seems like 5 lights per kill), so around 5 or 6 tier 1 VNM will be very close to capping pearl. Can have both lights capped within 15-20 mins of entering zone. If the clear abyssite upgrades, go back to prospector, toss it and get another tier 1. With chests dropping every kill, finish up azure light and then go free for all since mandies dont give ruby.
 Ragnarok.Vajral
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vajral
By Ragnarok.Vajral 2010-12-10 12:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yes ninjutsu give azure light, and with the new update it's fairly easy to kill with those, i just had a 971 MB with hyoton sun
some ppl say NMs drop enhanced lights, which should be true in my experience, and what's also true, they give 100% pearl, so i think the best strat is cap azure on ephemeral, and pearl on T1 VNM, find weak mobs and there you go, good TE farming!
i think nin + brd + rdm or whm can farm and trigger nearly everything right now, mostly depending on atmas