New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » low man xp/te farming
low man xp/te farming
First Page 2
By sefalon 2010-11-16 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently one of the many who never have any stones because my ls is constantly doing abyss. I never seem to be on at the right time to join a party. I have 3 to 6 friends on all the time in same boat. Was wondering what zones and mobs to fight that my small crew can do to build te and kill nms get a little xp and have some good old fun. Please also give what best set up 2 use for best results.

I would aprecciate any help you can give.
[+]
By sefalon 2010-11-16 14:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One zone that I would like to get a lot of TE in abyss is la thiene.. squishy mobs... let me know
[+]
 Asura.Tero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

which jobs and atmas do you and your friends have?
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-16 15:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Frogs are very squishy, have no TP moves, very near a conflux and (if needed) martello. My personal favorite of the old zones.
 Asura.Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i would suggest abys - mis. off birds. You can have a blm or blu kill 3 emph mobs to cap out azure lights and birds are very squishy and easy to kill.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can pt for TE in any zone. Just kill 3 Emph mobs with magic to cap azure then move on to basically any Mob in the zone. Just kill for the next little while with melee hits.

It might be a little slower than a convential alliance pt but since you are't going for xp it won't matter. Just be patient the TE's will come.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2010-11-16 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea - Tahrongi is by far the best zone to get time. Most of the mobs there do not give ruby so you can go all out without worrying about red chests. Blue chests should be popping like crazy unless you want ruby for some reason; I guess for gold lights and silver or ebon or whatever. Getting other lights is not recommended unless your group has the good atmas for below 1min kill speeds.
But yeah, even if you do decide to get some rubys keep it at 5-10 only; it's very easy to control in that zone.
 Titan.Shadowsonic
Server: Titan
user: Tails
By Titan.Shadowsonic 2010-11-16 15:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So I always see people only pull 3Emph's for Azure lights, but why dont people do them for Pearl lights too?
By sefalon 2010-11-16 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have pretty much all the atmas worth a dam.. at this point RR ..MM ..evasion. I solod tumbler trunks nm the other day on thf never got touched... I will check out the frogs.. I only xp in a alliance off of them curious to see how that will work out. 4 to 5 ppl good than to build time?
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-16 15:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
I have pretty much all the atmas worth a dam.. at this point RR ..MM ..evasion. I solod tumbler trunks nm the other day on thf never got touched... I will check out the frogs.. I only xp in a alliance off of them curious to see how that will work out. 4 to 5 ppl good than to build time?

At 80 cap my WAR weaponskills (KJ) would almost always take out at least half of the frogs' health (varies with DA procs) with only pizza and chaos as far as attack buffs. Should do fine lowman if you have GOOD DDs. I couldn't get good crits (Rush) before but might have just been me, KJ averaged better on the parse. With RR atma I have no doubt that RR will pull ahead on them now.
 Asura.Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
as long as you magic kill emphereal mobs you should be good to farm time especially if you have atmas me and my friends useally trio time / exp in abyssea useally only 3~4 and can easily make back time.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 15:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Shadowsonic said:
So I always see people only pull 3Emph's for Azure lights, but why dont people do them for Pearl lights too?
You can and some ppl do.
sefalon said:
Pic a mob that has an NM that you would potentially need a peices of gear from. La thein for instance has Marvin that drops Whm Acc. You can kill bunnies for TE and kill Marvin when he pops.

A lot of ppl do the same thing for NM and Af3 seals. Gives you basically unlimited time to kill NMs and since you are fighting stuff that drops his force pop items you have unlimited pops as well.

For the newer zones might as well kill 3 birds with 1 stone. TE > Seals > and some do Ruby for Af3 feet.
 Asura.Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Titan.Shadowsonic said:
You can and some ppl do.
sefalon said:
Pic a mob that has an NM that you would potentially need a peices of gear from. La thein for instance has Marvin that drops Whm Acc. You can kill bunnies for TE and kill Marvin when he pops.

A lot of ppl do the same thing for NM and Af3 seals. Gives you basically unlimited time to kill NMs and since you are fighting stuff that drops his force pop items you have unlimited pops as well.

For the newer zones might as well kill 3 birds with 1 stone. TE > Seals > and some do Ruby for Af3 feet.
not taking a stab at yea but dont you mean amber for af3 feet >>
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-16 15:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Titan.Shadowsonic said:
You can and some ppl do.
sefalon said:

Would it be possible, to low man a 6 ppl crew in abyssea, where y ou kill murexs, and then move to frigate birds.. and quite possibly kill the bird nm for thf seals?

( or am I on the wrong mob? Ill check later on this.. If i 'm wrong, pls correct me, not everyone is perfect..)

Asura.Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

to neons question, yes you can

what you do it have a 1-2 blms or blues go to the murex camp and kill 3 emphereal murexs. You then have the dds go to the bird camp and have them start building up pearl light. If your dds are pretty decent you should have no problem capping pearl light and it will only take 3 emphereal ( the glowing mobs ) to cap out your azure light. the emphereal murexs are alot easier to kill then the stupid jellyfish mobs that are flying around they love to spam an aoe drain move.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-16 15:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I noticed that the glowies murexs were easier to kill then the normal murexs.. as I had a drk with me and we duo'd.

I actually received a blue chest and I think we got 1 light upgrade, as we were performing a test to see if we could solo....( which we did)

I'm now thinking we can kick *** with a 5-6 man party easily!!!!

My New concern is, wanting to farm seals for Thf af..( once I start aquiring it, as I'm doing blu first..)

What i'm concerned with is Manoha or the NM frigatebird...

Can it be 2 - 6 manned?
[+]
 Asura.Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-11-16 15:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Ya I noticed that the glowies murexs were easier to kill then the normal murexs.. as I had a drk with me and we duo'd.

I actually received a blue chest and I think we got 1 light upgrade, as we were performing a test to see if we could solo....( which we did)

I'm now thinking we can kick *** with a 5-6 man party easily!!!!

My New concern is, wanting to farm seals for Thf af..( once I start aquiring it, as I'm doing blu first..)

What i'm concerned with is Manoha or the NM frigatebird...

Can it be 2 - 6 manned?
If thats the one in abyssea - mis its a joke as long as your dds have shadows you really shouldnt have a problem we killed him blu blm drg mnk rdm thf if i remember right and we have np killing him
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-11-16 15:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bird is easy. 2-3 DD/NIN with some back-line support is more than enough. If his TP move is not absorbed by shadows, he will gain a 30 second Silence Aura. Kinda sucks, but spread your DDs out and have them bounce hate and it should be fine.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-16 16:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a few NMs can be killed with 2-6 competent people. Everyone just needs to be prepared and know what they need to do for each particular fight.

As was already said, it's not hard to farm TEs as a small group. EXP alliances usually don't have problems getting TEs, and you know every alliance is filled with at least one key person, a few AFK people, and loads of people with exceptionally gimp gear and/or no atmas.

A party of 6 people with some sense about them can farm time without an issue. Just kill 3 ephemeral mobs with magic kills (possibly a few extra if you specifically want strong amber lights), and have the DDs build pearl on normal mobs. As previously mentioned, initially farming time off mobs near an NM you want to pop (or near a spawn NM you're wanting to kill) is a good idea.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-11-16 16:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If your sole purpose is to gain TE, then i suggest Murex mobs. Squishy as hell, no links, just find a safe spot to pull from at night. OH and they don't give ruby light.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 16:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tero said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Titan.Shadowsonic said:
You can and some ppl do.
sefalon said:
Pic a mob that has an NM that you would potentially need a peices of gear from. La thein for instance has Marvin that drops Whm Acc. You can kill bunnies for TE and kill Marvin when he pops. A lot of ppl do the same thing for NM and Af3 seals. Gives you basically unlimited time to kill NMs and since you are fighting stuff that drops his force pop items you have unlimited pops as well. For the newer zones might as well kill 3 birds with 1 stone. TE > Seals > and some do Ruby for Af3 feet.
not taking a stab at yea but dont you mean amber for af3 feet >>
>.> maybe. :P
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-16 16:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental ninjutsu should count as magic kill, right? If so, technically you could solo farm TE?

I should probably try that since I always seem to have 30 min banked and 1-2 stones only ><
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 16:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if that counts or not tbh.

But it wouldn't surprise me if it did not count lol.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-16 16:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I don't know if that counts or not tbh. But it wouldn't surprise me if it did not count lol.
Bio DOT counts as Pearl :|
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-16 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is full of wonderful advice. I'm going to email this link to most of my 5-6 peeps, that Im going to fly with and make sure that they read this.

It would be more wonderful, if we could actually , with more testing..( seeing as I don't mind to test things once in a while, if I'm going to benefit from it) a list of nm's that can be low manned( i.e 6 and under)

This would sure help ppl who want to put fourth the work to do it.

Again, Thanks to everyone in this thread for keeping it simple, and knowledgeable.

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-11-16 16:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If BLU physical magic counts as magic kills, it'd be a far cry to assume elemental Ninjutsu does not.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 16:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
If BLU physical magic counts as magic kills, it'd be a far cry to assume elemental Ninjutsu does not.
Only one way to find out.

Someone with Nin to go test it.

Either way it would not surprise me.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-11-16 17:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes nin magic counts for azure.I am not 100% but i do not think ephemeral mobs in the 3 old areas give enhanced lights. just in the 3 new ones.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-11-16 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With Blu, hence I thought that it would be easier to get magic kills in...LOL

I bet a 6 blu party would kill.....
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-16 17:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said:
yes nin magic counts for azure.I am not 100% but i do not think ephemeral mobs in the 3 old areas give enhanced lights. just in the 3 new ones.
I am pretty sure they do give enhanced lights in all areas.
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
With Blu, hence I thought that it would be easier to get magic kills in...LOL I bet a 6 blu party would kill.....
Depending on Atma's and such..as long as MP isn't an issue yeah 6 blu's could prolly rape almost any standing NM/Pop NM in any zone.

With blu's tho just make sure you are meleeing killing.
First Page 2