Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i love you

plus i'm so glad there are some real players

still out there

i need to pm jet

to come in here and preach the word

The feeling is mutual.

If Jeta and Darki come, this thread will be complete.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 22:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i love you

plus i'm so glad there are some real players

still out there

i need to pm jet

to come in here and preach the word

The feeling is mutual.

If Jeta and Darki come, this thread will be complete.

jet

we can only pray for

darki posts in every thread eventually

it is a law of nature
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 22:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** happened.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-11 22:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rorrick said:
What the *** happened.
Every time somebody picks Tamas over Rajas, this happens.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 22:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
What the *** happened.

Or Sattva.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-11 22:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
What the *** happened.

Or Sattva.

Sattva is he who shall not be named. :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-11 22:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
What the *** happened.

Or Sattva.

how am i going to make a good -pdt bloodtank burtgang build without sattva for vit and agi for my shield skill stupid
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-11 22:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamas is clearly the best ring for PLD, 30 MP and MND for cures
 Leviathan.Mercilessturtle
By Leviathan.Mercilessturtle 2010-11-12 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
seiri said:

PUP - show me a better weap for any situation.

Dealing damage.

Same base damage and pup already has stringing pummel so the WS doesn't matter. So you are saying 10 str and the aftermath beats -2 delay, "enhances martial arts 3" which is at least -20 delay, likely more, and the different aftermath? Depending on how much -delay the enhances martial arts is, and whether or not they made the double attack aftermath work on both fists, KKK potentially shits all over the emp knuckles. Even without double attack working on both fists, that means its effectively 25% double attack vs 20% double damage, KKK just wins by less. Not saying its worth the effort of doing KKK, but they are better for DDing.

Also your automaton gets atmas too, so you should have the double attack, haste and crit rate attachments on and be giving him a thunder and a wind maneuver. That's only -4 seconds per minute if you don't stack it with another JA (you're already losing 2 seconds on deploy more often than that, so you can cut it down to -2 seconds per minute from maneuvers by stacking deploy+maneuver), the extra damage the automaton does easily makes up more than that (assuming you have RR).
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 10:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mercilessturtle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
seiri said:

PUP - show me a better weap for any situation.

Dealing damage.

Same base damage and pup already has stringing pummel so the WS doesn't matter.

Also your automaton gets atmas too, so you should have the double attack, haste and crit rate attachments on and be giving him a thunder and a wind maneuver.

V Smite is less hits, which usually makes the dmg a lot more consistent... and its stat mods for V Smite are pure STR, making it a LOT easier to gear for instead of splitting vit/str...

haste atma? did you really just say haste atma.... its like a 1% atma......seriously.... SS + RR for pup if ya got um....
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 10:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Same base damage and pup already has stringing pummel so the WS doesn't matter. So you are saying 10 str and the aftermath beats -2 delay, "enhances martial arts 3" which is at least -20 delay, likely more, and the different aftermath? Depending on how much -delay the enhances martial arts is, and whether or not they made the double attack aftermath work on both fists, KKK potentially shits all over the emp knuckles. Even without double attack working on both fists, that means its effectively 25% double attack vs 20% double damage, KKK just wins by less. Not saying its worth the effort of doing KKK, but they are better for DDing.

Victory Smite is better than Stringing pummel. The aftermath is more like 30, and you get it at 100 TP victory smite. The aftermath double dmg works for both fists, but occ attack twice on kenk only work for 1 fist.

No, it's not 25% double attack vs 20% double dmg. Why? Because you get double dmg at 100 TP w/ victory smite. You need 300 tp for stringing pummel
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-12 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my favourite topic.
 Leviathan.Mercilessturtle
By Leviathan.Mercilessturtle 2010-11-12 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
V Smite is less hits, which usually makes the dmg a lot more consistent... and its stat mods for V Smite are pure STR, making it a LOT easier to gear for instead of splitting vit/str...

No, missing the first hit on a high ftp WS will make it less consistent. And that doesn't matter anyways, average damage does, and pummel is higher assuming you are in abyssea.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
haste atma? did you really just say haste atma.... its like a 1% atma......seriously.... SS + RR for pup if ya got um....

No, I said haste attachment. It wasn't in direct response to that post, but to his later post where he thought not bothering with maneuvers would be better for damage. And SS is crap, RR+VV.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Victory Smite is better than Stringing pummel. The aftermath is more like 30, and you get it at 100 TP victory smite. The aftermath double dmg works for both fists, but occ attack twice on kenk only work for 1 fist.

No, it's not 25% double attack vs 20% double dmg. Why? Because you get double dmg at 100 TP w/ victory smite. You need 300 tp for stringing pummel

Smite is about on par with pummel, just a little worse. Do the math, I am sure you know how. Pummel has a higher ftp total and with cruor buffs + atma 32% str/vit is giving you the same amount of WSC as 50% str does. I actually get 77 WSC from pummel vs 76 for smite, but close enough and it may be different for non-galkas.

You only need 300 tp once every 2 minutes. 25% double attack will give you more than 200tp in 2 minutes so it doesn't hurt your WS damage at all. And the only info on ODD proc rate I've seen was thorny saying he is getting 20% here. If you have some other info I'd be glad to see it.

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I think you forgot the part where you need 300% TP WS to have the double attack on mythic. Yes, the double damage procs on both hands.

Not forgetting that at all, 25% double attack gives you more than 200 tp over the 2 minute span of the aftermath. I know ODD procs on both, the question is whether or not they changed KKK/glanz to have their t3 aftermath work on both fists (all I saw about this was rumors). But again, that only factors into how much KKK wins by, not whether or not it wins.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i misread your post, or rather misinterpreted it when i asked about the haste atma... but how is SS bad when it gives the same bonus to crit dmg as RR? I have RR and sometimes its the only melee atma I use on pup (sometimes i hybrid and use Atma of Gales for Comedie's Aero 5s) and my pummels can do 3700+......
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine w/ Thorny's results, so I'll give you 20%. You're still not Saving to 300 not hurting WS dmg though, not gonna fly. Every time you're at the saving to 300 phase, that's 2 ws you're not doing and being able to keep it up full time is easily an illusion. You can math that out on paper, but it's never going to come down to a real situation.

At best, I'd give them situational, where vereth are winning in some situations and Kkk are winning in others.

And remember, you were replying to a post that asked ANY situation where KKK were replaceable.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanguine scythe is bad. Crit hit damage+% caps at 50%, so while you're getting +30 from razed ruins, you're getting 20% from SS, when pairing them together.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sanguine scythe is bad. Crit hit damage+% caps at 50%, so while you're getting +30 from razed ruins, you're getting 20% from SS, when pairing them together.

oh wtf.... really? it caps at +50? where can this info be found >_<
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/100441-Critical-Attack-Bonus-caps-at-50
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-12 12:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SS gives a nice dmg-bonus, but the reason it's good is because of the hp+ paired with a offensive stat, making it great for tanking.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarled horn for tanking, really. 50 agi, and what I believe to be 10% counter rate. Crit hit rate+ as well, makes it on par with VV atma (at least as far as mnk goes) for DD'ing while enhancing tankatude.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh thx Tiger, that was actually very informative ^^ so kamome + RR atma + Qirmiz Tathlum puts a nin at 45% with just those 3 items... AF3 neck should bring it to the +50 cap so I can use VV atma (when i eventually get it hehe)....

ok side question in relation to dmg then.. would Atma of the Mountain Champion be any good for pup's overall dmg with the +50 Vit for WS? I mean i want it anyways for the 20/tick regen cuz thats sick in its own right...but if i had a full time whm/sch for regen 3, would i be better off with VV atma for +50 STR?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

VV easily, lol, if you're talking offense.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
VV easily, lol, if you're talking offense.

so there actually isn't a point where you have "too much STR" in your WS set, and you can just cast the other stat mods aside? (yes this is a serious question as I dont know the intricate details to the WS formula)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

While Fstr can cap, WSC has no cap.

So let's say you have a ws w/ 50% str 50% vit.

Have 1000000 str
10 vit.

Adding 10 STR to this will give you the same WSC increase as adding 10 VIT. 10 str will also give 5 attack, and if fstr isn't capped, will give additional dmg that way as well.

Only way for 10 vit to be equal to 10 str in this case is if both fstr and attack are capped
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ***, i didn't know the WS mods had no cap, honestly... so i shouldn't bother trying to stack vit in places i can stack just as much str or more..unless its a multi stat piece like spiral ring... gotcha.. and i honestly really appreciate it man
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

np, and yea, that's about the size of it.

Dex is similar, since you get acc from dex (for dex modded ws')
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
np, and yea, that's about the size of it.

Dex is similar, since you get acc from dex (for dex modded ws')

and crit rate... evis and Drakesbane being prime examples in that I suppose hehe
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-12 12:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes and no. Your crit rate should be capped from cruor buffs and razed ruins alone, so dex gear wouldn't really be needed at all anymore for drakes.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-12 12:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well yes and no. Your crit rate should be capped from cruor buffs and razed ruins alone, so dex gear wouldn't really be needed at all anymore for drakes.

does crit rate+ cap at 50% as well then? (idk exactly how much crit rate the 50 dex from RR atma gives)