How Would YOU Bring Back Low-level Parties?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
How would YOU bring back low-level parties?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-11-10 00:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

or pockets
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2010-11-10 01:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure it would "fix" anything, but I'd like to see some variety exp pts. Maybe make new mobs that would take considerably longer to kill than your average exp mobs but also give a lot more exp so the exp/hr rate would stay about the same. It would be fun to have mobs live long enough to do things like 3 step skillchains, magic bursts, etc..
 Valefor.Quickmart
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-11-10 03:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

• increase max time between kills before chain is lost under the effects of signet and sigil

• add some mobs in abys that don't pop lv 70-90...if we can enter at 30 where are the lv 30 mobs?

• no exp gain if your level is over 20 levels below the party level unless you are level synced.. <<there goes abysea leeching.

• new real full expansion - not a "mini"

• bonus to limit points under level sync? high levels don't have much reason to go to low lv parties, except to use a lowbie to do pink bird only.

Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-10 05:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Quickmart said:

no exp gain if your level is over 20 levels below the party level unless you are level synced.. <<there goes abysea leeching.

Depends, most low levels don't get EXP from mobs anyway for quite a while, they get it as a "reward" from the chests. So they don't really "gain" exp, it's more than they're "given" it.

So unless you plan on making chests not give EXP, then it wouldn't really fix the "leeching" EXP.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-10 05:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Valefor.Quickmart said:

no exp gain if your level is over 20 levels below the party level unless you are level synced.. <<there goes abysea leeching.

Depends, most low levels don't get EXP from mobs anyway for quite a while, they get it as a "reward" from the chests. So they don't really "gain" exp, it's more than they're "given" it.

So unless you plan on making chests not give EXP, then it wouldn't really fix the "leeching" EXP.
It would severely lower the overall amount of exp earned, though. Almost to the point where a regular exp party would be better.

In my first abyssea party, we got maybe 23 exp chests, with exp ranging from 500-1500. Assuming average is 1k, that's 23k exp in only 4 hours.

There are better Dunes parties.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-10 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vincento said:
At this point, nerfing anything is a pointless direction. The best method of fixing low-level parties is to not fix it. Abyssea was designed with the intention of soothing the pains of exping, it is working as intended.

To quell an argument, Abyssea is not making the playerbase suck at their job - the playerbase is doing this. If someone cannot learn to play any job in this game with the immense amount of resources provided for doing said task, there is no reason to believe he/she would have been capable of learning to perform adequately were the old rigid experience party structure still in place.

Similarly, the desire for old school experience points parties is generally called for by individuals who never started parties in the first place. Doing a simple /sea all 20-45 inv on a casual hour of NA primetime I find there are plenty of people seeking to make a party. Perhaps player initiative is the issue. The only adjustment that is likely to happen to old-content areas, is an increase in the experience points gained by a 50% boost by way of signet - or something similar.

Then you get the response, "No Thanks, Abyssea onry" or they just plain ignore you because its not abyssea.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Make level capped Abyssea areas, for certain levels, or make pre-existing exp mobs give more exp, not game breaking but, like 300, or 400. To where they're actually /worth/ fighting, or someone might /actually/ accept a party invite for.

Besides, to anyone who said "LOL JUST DO ABYSSEA" not everyone and their mother has the TIME to get to the point where exp is worthwhile, IE getting capped time, and capped exp. Now there are ways to get that easily with low-man, but that wont happen with at least 3/4 pugs :/. Anyone who says it is easy to do so, is lieing, unless /they/ know how to do it, and /they/ make their abyssea parties.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo, hopefully the point of that post was "learn how to do it and make your own abyssea party"
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-10 09:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

make Abyssea 75+.
[+]
By Cybermario 2010-11-10 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should add something to stimulate low old school parties outside abyssea, something aside exp to encourage people to do it, same goes for campaign, lately beend eserted and used to be great to gain exp in the 60's.

By Damrod 2010-11-10 09:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vincento said:
At this point, nerfing anything is a pointless direction. The best method of fixing low-level parties is to not fix it. Abyssea was designed with the intention of soothing the pains of exping, it is working as intended.

I agree with part of this. Abyssea was designed this way to sell add on packages. Period. SE is not going to "fix" anything because to them it's not broken, they did it this way to force people to dig out a little more cash. "You want faster xp or uber cool new items? Buy this handy-dandy add-on pack."

Eventually, I fully expect to see a website where you can buy whatever you want from SE and it be delivered to your mog house when you log in....If it makes them more cash...I'm pretty sure it will be a viable option...

That said, the notion to bring back traditional parties is just nostalgia. I think the bulk of players like being able to solo/duo/trio and do not miss standing in one spot for 4 hours repeating the same action over and over and over...
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 09:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Damrod said:

That said, the notion to bring back traditional parties is just nostalgia. I think the bulk of players like being able to solo/duo/trio and do not miss standing in one spot for 4 hours repeating the same action over and over and over...

QFT

I did that crap for 500 merits, back when it was 10k/h was good... Im not exactly fond of doing that again to hit 99 on all of my current 75s :<...

Edit: Also im too lazy to make my own abyssea parties... I dont like a lot of the playerbase anymore... And a lot of my good friends quit, or are on the same schedule I used to play (moved from first shift, to third shift)
By Damrod 2010-11-10 09:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Damrod said:

QFT

I did that crap for 500 merits, back when it was 10k/h was good... Im not exactly fond of doing that again to hit 99 on all of my current 75s :<...

Edit: Also im too lazy to make my own abyssea parties... I dont like a lot of the playerbase anymore... And a lot of my good friends quit, or are on the same schedule I used to play (moved from first shift, to third shift)

Obviously you didn't read that if you dont wanna PT and are telling me to QFT
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-10 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

This is basically the way to do it, that said SquareEnix won't, so just best to say low-lever partying is going extinct.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-10 09:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

QFT = Quoted for truth
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 09:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

This is basically the way to do it, that said SquareEnix won't, so just best to say low-lever partying is going extinct.
It's good that they're not doing it because there's absolutely no viable reason whatsoever to do it.
[+]
By Damrod 2010-11-10 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...i thought it was "quit f*cking talking"...lmao...my bad
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-10 09:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

It's good that they're not doing it because there's absolutely no viable reason whatsoever to do it.
^

Frankly, I think they should lower the level to 10.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 09:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

^

Yea, lol. I wanted to finish my whm sub and it's lv 28 so I'm like fuuuck this ***, lol. I have a kupo ring too, but still, *** that ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-10 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Damrod said:
hahahaha
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 09:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Damrod said:

o/ \o
^- high five

Seriously though, I'd love to make /decent/ exp doing solo/duo/trio... OUTSIDE OF *** ABYSSEA. I dont even really like it :<...

I leech my friends 'time building parties' which net a good 30k/h but i can only do it on weekends, if im lucky enough to catch em. ><

...and he just finished his briaeris (or w/ever) spam farming so... idk wtf he's gonna do now D:
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-10 09:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

Perhaps, but at least there'd be gear on the AH for the levels 31-84

Fenrir.Snick said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Shiva.Flionheart said:
make Abyssea 75+.

^

Hmmm.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-10 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I just don't enjoy 95% of my time being in Abyssea. If there were other end game events then I probably wouldn't care.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-11-10 09:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE really wanted people to "live" in abyssea they`d just get rid of the time limit, which to be honest, is easy to get around anyway.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to make even 10k/h outside of abyssea, in solo/duo/trio, without the use of a PL or any kind of extra help. Like when I leveled DRG, soloing was at least somewhat good exp, but its the only job that can deal damage and keep itself healed at the same time in a solo experience... At least at a rate that exp is worthwhile. Trying the same mobs I leveled off of on DRG, does not work with NIN whatsoever >_>;;
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-11-10 09:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Its actully pretty easy to do a lower lv pt i made a quifim island one just yesterday. Just /sea all invite and go down the list most ppl soloing and stuff are more then willing to join. I mean yeah 13-15k a hour isnt OMG AWSOME but it beats soloing pages lol. Pretty much just dont be lazy and you can get a pt
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 09:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
Its actully pretty easy to do a lower lv pt i made a quifim island one just yesterday. Just /sea all invite and go down the list most ppl soloing and stuff are more then willing to join. I mean yeah 13-15k a hour isnt OMG AWSOME but it beats soloing pages lol. Pretty much just dont be lazy and you can get a pt

Havent tried really, but considering my playtime is like 7 to 11 AM EST... Thats like... prime-time to non NA players. But idk how the search looks on other servers... But on Ragnarok, we're lucky to see 11 to 15 >_>... At least at my hours. I have tried to do searches but never make parties from em x:
By Damrod 2010-11-10 09:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People will never be happy no matter what SE does. A few instances...

When campaign first came out, non-melee complained that the melees got an unfair advantage cause they could afk and smack on a wall for good xp...others complained that bards and mages could stand behind campaign npc and cast spells and songs for xp....what happened? SE nerfed both.

People complained that they couldn't get parties so FoV was made and adjustments to xp for less than 6 member pt's.

People complained that relics and mythics too hard to get and take too long...hello ToTm

People complained that xp was too slow and hello abyssea...

SE has, for the most part, seem to at least consider what people say.

Now people complaining that they can't find conventional pt's...

I'm rather happy with the game as it is...Just be careful what you ask for, the nerf hammer usually smashes more than what you want it to.
[+]
 Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-11-10 10:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one solution to OP's question...

Step 1. Invent time machine

Step 2. Get into said time machine

Step 3. Go back to 2004.

Problem solved.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-10 10:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damrod said:

I'm rather happy with the game as it is...Just be careful what you ask for, the nerf hammer usually smashes more than what you want it to.

I, personally, am not asking for a nerf of anything. I know abyssea is awesome, and people love it. I just wish I could do the things I've been doing for the last 7 years, even if they are repeats, they arent the same as the whole "attack, WS, attack another mob, WS" D:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7