level cap 90 or 99
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Authority
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-10-25 18:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Id rather they just make it 99 asap so they can bring out all new 99 endgame and get back to horizontal expansions - which is what made FFXI so much better than the other MMOs in my opinion.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-10-25 18:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv90 with next year being lv99 and post-abyssea content to support lv99 :o
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-25 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15193/carabosse-duotriolowman-guide/.

That is the hard part.

EDIT: And yes, you can solo a decent amount of Abyssea content, and I'm not only talking Visions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-25 18:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
They are not going to do 14 levels at once. 14 is their unlucky number.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 03:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
It will be level 90. level 99 would make the previous abyssea soloable and they don't like casual playing in FFXI so yeah. This time 300k exp to reach 90, or 1 day. More magian grind continuing empyreal path. AF2 bodies and hands (+2) and that's it.

Inbe4 earring rewards from wotg suck (like the one from the quests).

You can solo/duo CURRENT abyssea content so whats your point?

No, you can't. Show me your masamune first then I'll agree.

Two people can entirely duo a Masamune. It will take awhile, but it is absolutely possible. All NMs along that path are solo/duoable.

No.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/15193/carabosse-duotriolowman-guide/.

That is the hard part.

EDIT: And yes, you can solo a decent amount of Abyssea content, and I'm not only talking Visions.

You can solo the gimped stuff ; for anything worthwhile you have to form alliance. An yes all this is soloable at 99, who cares. It's not *right now*.

Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-26 03:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ya pimp...mnk + whm confirmed to duo carabosse and i know Cirein Coin or w/e the T2 orobon is called, can be soloed/duoed
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 04:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
ya pimp...mnk + whm confirmed to duo carabosse and i know Cirein Coin or w/e the T2 orobon is called, can be soloed/duoed

Cool story bro, now show me a masamune that has been soloed or duoed.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-10-26 04:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

abyssea has a reason to be there for af3.
i guess post lvl 90 there will be stuff maybe in WoE or another area where you will get slavage comparable stuff. i.e.: Scorpion harness compared to salvage gear. AF has never been the best gear out there even with the coming of the AF1 back in the days it was never the best gear. embrace for 2hit GK sam and hundred fists all the time.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-10-26 04:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Do you even play still? All of the masamune NMs are a complete joke. Carabosse can be easily duoed and CC can be soloed with ease.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-26 04:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gimpchan said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-26 04:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Oblit
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-26 05:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can solo the gimped stuff ; for anything worthwhile you have to form alliance. An yes all this is soloable at 99, who cares. It's not *right now*.

I duod/triod Wamoura NM in attohwa, T3 vnm in attohwa, Bukhis in Vunkerl, CC in Misaraux, all Ironclads except pulverizer (90% sure u can duo/trio that aswell), pretty much every seal NM. Haven't tried other ***yet but I'm pretty sure you can lowman those aswell, corse NM in attohwa, T3 vnm in vunkerl etc. ***is not hard.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 05:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Do you even play still? All of the masamune NMs are a complete joke. Carabosse can be easily duoed and CC can be soloed with ease.

This probably why we don't see any masamune around ?
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-26 05:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

There is some around but only a few 11 to be exact according to ffxiah.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-26 05:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

It's not a question of difficulty, all the required NMs are easy to kill, they just need around 30 pops each, which require 3 other NMs to even pop in the first place. It's easy, but it's time consuming. Like the rest of FFXI
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-10-26 05:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Hey bro, I know you're a complete retard and you have no idea how the game works anymore because you're a whiny quitter, so I thought I'd help you out.

Here's a masamune
Here's another masamume
And another masamune...
And there are a lot more.

Now if you would so kindly *** off back to where you're wanted (read: nowhere) and leave us without your senseless drivel, that would be super.
By BorealisV2 2010-10-26 06:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Hey bro, I know you're a complete retard and you have no idea how the game works anymore because you're a whiny quitter, so I thought I'd help you out.

Here's a masamune
Here's another masamume
And another masamune...

Now if you would so kindly *** off back to where you're wanted (read: nowhere) and leave us without your senseless drivel, that would be super.

Best. Post. Ever.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-10-26 06:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Here's a masamune
Here's another masamume
And another masamune...

So you managed to find 11 masamune after 4 months of abyssea ? Is that supposed to be a proof that abyssea content is actually soloable ? Wanna bet ?

1) Those masamunes have been farmed in big alliances LSs
2) They have been soloed

Choose
By BorealisV2 2010-10-26 06:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

3) They can and have been low-manned easily
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-26 06:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit it's pretty annoying when people quit yet still lurk forums and pretend to know the entire "loop" based on hearsay.

I understand coming to post in FFXIAH: Ni or social things but.... really?

I mean i could SWEAR the duo/tripple box post was on the front page for like weeks concerning masamune. :\

w/e.

Gnight.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-26 06:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
1) Those masamunes have been farmed in big alliances LSs 2) They have been soloed Choose

Okay so, each and every NM on the Masamune trial is at most duoable. But since they didn't solo/duo (for obvious time contraints) that must mean it's not duoable.
Genbu's soloable, but everyone goes in groups to kill it, so it's not soloable. Flawless logic!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-10-26 06:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I have to admit it's pretty annoying when people quit yet still lurk forums and pretend to know the entire "loop" based on hearsay.

To be fair, there's a few types of people like this.

On one hand you have the mathletes who can (and rightfully so given :correct: second-hand info) figure out better gear sets etc without having played xi in awhile.. you know the solid* stuff.

--

Then you have the people who operate within the Pimpchan System. Every time someone brings up anything to do with new xi stuff, you criticize it and then dismiss it regardless of whether you actually play or not.

Case:
The game sucks, is dead, nobody is playing it but you still know what's going on. It's easier to guess what's happening than to actually find out. Just stick to your guns crazy kids, if you convince yourself you're right enough, YOU'RE RIGHT! :D

--

I prefer the first but to each their own.
I'll give you that... but the true mathletes are a rare sight lately... that or the rise in quitters/whiners is outweighing them.

The funny thing is, if you still post on FFXIAH or any other XI forums talking about how you quit... yet dabble in FFXI updates and stay updated, and then sit and *** about it....

....you never really quit lol, jokes on you. You're just in denial.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-26 06:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

To be fair, there's a few types of people like this.

On one hand you have the mathletes who can (and rightfully so given :correct: second-hand info) figure out better gear sets etc without having played xi in awhile.. you know the solid* stuff.

--

Then you have the people who operate within the Pimpchan System. Every time someone brings up anything to do with new xi stuff, you criticize it and then dismiss it regardless of whether you actually play or not.

Case:
The game sucks, is dead, nobody is playing it but you still know what's going on. It's easier to guess what's happening than to actually find out. Just stick to your guns crazy kids, if you convince yourself you're right enough, YOU'RE RIGHT! :D

--

I prefer the first but to each their own.

It's easier for them to bash any new stuff that comes out.
Than admit that they made a mistake quitting.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-10-26 06:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ciecle said:
They did specifically state in their 'Talk session' at VanaFest that the level cap will be raised to 99 by the 'END' of the year. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html?page=2(Under gallery), but... SE... Their game etc...

You just gave us a link proving that nowhere has SE ever said that cap would be 99 by end of this year lol. Nowhere has there been anything said by SE that December was absolute final level cap and that cap would be 99 in December. SE has said however that final level cap would be level 99 at some point. It blows my mind how many people read that wrong.

A person on the developmental team for ffxi also confirmed at vanafest that there would be at least 1 more expansion coming out sometime next year.

My bet is 99 won't be until summer of next year.

edit. They couldn't increase cap more than 5 levels at once. The game would be shut down for maintenance from glitches for days on end.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-26 06:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I agree it will def be only a 5 lvl increase. They have always only increased it by 5. Why would they change it now?
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-10-26 07:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this is a stupid question but why is the lvl cap only going to 99 and not 100? Just to round it off nicely?

Also as much as I like Abyssea for the insane about of exp you can get, it really has kinda ruined the game a bit for those who aren't high enough to get into there, or who don't have the expansions for what ever reason. I don't know what other servers are like but if you search for anyone seeking 60+ is basically about 3 people at any one time.

And Im glad the new AF3 is out because the stats on those +1 and +2 are amazing especially on WHM, but it does mean dyna and other such events have died off even more then they were before, which is a shame because I quite enjoyed doing those. And what used to be super-duper gear is starting to become useless and very cheap to buy...dusk gloves being an example of a decent piece dropping in worth by about 150-200k, and Ixion Cape is another one thats dropped by about 1mil since these recent updates.

I guess thats what annoys me about this massive level increase in such a short space of time, gear we've all worked hard for over the years when 75 was our max, all that time spent pimping out our jobs with R/E gear, +1 various AF etc has theoretically been for nothing. I personally see it as another way SE have screwed us over slightly.
 Cerberus.Jetta
user: Jetta
By Cerberus.Jetta 2010-10-26 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Elmodfz said:
I guess this is a stupid question but why is the lvl cap only going to 99 and not 100? Just to round it off nicely?

SE didn't think to make level a numeric datafield and made it an alphanumeric of length 2 so they are restricted to 99.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-10-26 07:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jetta said:
Ifrit.Elmodfz said:

SE didn't think to make level a numeric datafield and made it an alphanumeric of length 2 so they are restricted to 99.

Also they dont want us having spells,abilities or traits thats available with 50 sub.

Ie Freeze,devine veil and traits most jobs get a tier 3 trait at 50.

Saying that chainspell freeze could be fun lol