Connection Issues?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Connection Issues?
Connection Issues?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-30 19:22:08
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some insight on an issue I've been facing for the past hour or so.

I've been having ridiculous trouble logging onto both playonline and FFXI. It seems to time out on various tasks upon loading playonline such as friend list, content id list, loading messages, etc. When I manage to bypass that after hitting retry a few times I finally get to the FFXI user agreement and it fails to take me into the lobby and I get POL-0011.

Another attempt I finally get as far as my character selection, yet upon loading that it fails halfway through and loses connection again. After selecting my character again after a few minutes (got the "You're already logged in" message) it finally went all the way through and began it's lil ***Downlaoding data*** part but that just went on forever and eventually timed out.

My internet is working fine obviously. Anyone have a clue as to what this issue might be or if anyone is having similar troubles? I'd appreciate any input or help.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-30 19:29:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, for shits and giggles I tried logging onto my 3rd character, and it logged in just fine. However, it always screws up on my main and other secondary character. Anyone else have something like this happen to them? If so, is there a solution?
 Carbuncle.Basillus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Basillus
By Carbuncle.Basillus 2009-01-30 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same exact problem for the past two hours. Contacted SE and they told me it was my ISP, Cox communications, and not them. I haven't been able to get to the character selection screeen in the past twenty minutes so I am giving up lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-30 19:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I have this problem a lot and it's pretty irritating. I have every symptom you described as well and my internet also appears to be fine when these problems occur. It once took thirty seconds for PlayOnline to load my messages... all zero of them.

Basically, I figured out that it was either because of high server traffic or because the connection on my phone line was timing out. Even if my connection's going mighty slow, the majority of web pages load quickly because they're very small in size. This leads me to believe my connection is fine, when in actual fact it's taking a five minute siesta. Final Fantasy XI transfers a lot of data, even simple tasks like logging into PlayOnline transfer quite a lot of information. Try loading a video on YouTube, if it loads really slow, then you know it's your connection. If it's more or less normal speed, then it's PlayOnline.

When it happens I just reset my router. Nine times out of ten it fixes it. When it doesn't, I just grin and bare it and it soon stops. I can't guarantee it will be the same for you, but it does seem to be very regular; leading me to think it's traffic related, or something to do with Square Enix's servers.

PS. The cake is a lie!
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 19:57:54

Yeah, I'm assuming it's a mixture of high traffic on SE's servers, my ISP sucking and other random BS preventing me from going anywhere.

No matter what character I attempt to log on it'll freeze at the ***Downloading data*** part and time out. When I did manage to log onto my taru, I made the mistake of zoning and it repeated the same process.

Guess I'll be unplugging and replugging my router and modem to see if this helps >< Thank you for all your help guys.

PS: This is Arte, I just forgot to switch between my characters when posting lol.
 Bahamut.Rocha
Server: Bahamut
user: aaron3126
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 19:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yep same problem i just called cox and they said evrething is fine > >
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-30 19:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems to be pretty global, then? I've been lagging out a lot today and getting the occasional R0 for half a minute. So far I've only disconnected once, though, and I'm positive it was my internet since my laptop's connection died too.

Seems something is up, best to disregard my previous post - If it's Square Enix's end, there's nothing you can do about it! ;;
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 20:03:31

Woot, managed to log in fine on my mule! Gonna call a GM and see what (little) they have to say about this. I won't make the mistake of zoning this time ><

If for whatever reason I find a solution I'll be sure to let you guys know. I bet you're all as irritated as I am.
 Fenrir.Kunyu
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Kunyu 2009-01-30 20:09:08

well i am not the only one today =/ i cant log on its been 4hrs since this has started It seems that what SE coule tell me it has to do with TCP ect... I have clearwire >< soo he told me ever 30mins to check or check Playonline for updates..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-30 20:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps it's something to do with server traffic? Garuda is a pretty small server, last I checked we had the second smallest population. None of my friends on Garuda really have seemed to have this problem. My constant lag and occasional R0's could be pure coincidence for all we know!

How populated are your servers? Nobody in linkshell's had any problems today, and the issues I was talking about were on other days...

Well, either way, I hope you can all logon soon.

I normally logout overnight, but given the circumstances, I might just /away in my mog house so I don't have to wait four hours to log back in tomorrow!

Edit: Ding! Cooking 60 =D
 Bahamut.Rocha
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 20:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on XBOX tho maybe that has something to do with it. i cant even log on my gamertag
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-30 20:19:43

~2646 people currently logged into Shiva at the moment. Not sure how big shiva is on the list but it seems this issue isn't narrowed down remotely based on servers.

Hopefully this GM responds to me soon. Otherwise i'm just gonna give up and play some Fallout 3 and hope connection gets better tomorrow.
 Bahamut.Rocha
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 20:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its waay less than atm on bahamut
 Fenrir.Kunyu
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Kunyu 2009-01-30 20:21:39

I am getting the go around Said it something to do with a Internet Company Stopping a TPC reading >,<.. and its new to them =/ comes up logging on with a error 1160 or 0011..
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 20:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

okie dokie, Just walked a friend though this fix. It seems your console is no longer translating DNS. This I don't know is a SE issue or console. Anyhow. You got a router I assume. Setup DMZ within router to 192.168.1.105. NOTE: This is considering your LAN (Local Area Network) is based off 192.168 subnet. Again check router config to be sure.

Turn off "Block unknown incoming traffic requests" within the firewall protection. While youre in your router config note down in the status area your WAN (Wide Area Network) DNS. You may have up to 3 of these, any one should work. Go head and shutdown your router config and go into your console config for LAN networking. You will find within config a area to set IP,Subnet mask, DNS, default gateway. Set as follows, again I stress these IP numbers are based off a default config of 192.168 subnetting, You MAY have something else. Please check it beforehand.

IP= 192.168.1.105
subnet mask= 255.255.255.0
defualt gateway = 192.168.1.1
first dns = WAN dns you got from status window of your router config
second dns = 192.168.1.1

once set reboot your router by unplugging it from the wall and disconnecting it from the cable modem VIA the RJ-45 cable. Let it sit 10 seconds plug it all back in, turn on your console, sign onto pol, enjoy your game. Any questions or if it doesn't work, go head and repost here.
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 20:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well whatever it is it's managed to spread to Gilgamesh now lol
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 20:37:27

Just got through with the GM. Their assistance was rather limited but they say their side is good to go and they have been getting numerous calls on the same issue and they all had my ISP service in common. *dun dun dun* Cox Communications -_-

I'll start by yanking my modem and router and reconnecting them. If that fails looks like I'll be bitching at them for the next hour or so. Hope you guys have better luck than me!
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe me with this many pple having problems, and I know I've never had these issues before, I doubt it's a console issue or a network problem. I'm pretty sure it's SE's server that's messing up.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kahm said:
Well whatever it is it's managed to spread to Gilgamesh now lol

Person I helped was from Asura.

** scroll up, your fix is there***
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 20:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just yanked my modem and did a reconnect, it failed for me. So you might be on the phone with them again lol. It's letting me connect once in a while but then when it trys to go to the Character Selection screen it fails. So it has to be on SE's end.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 20:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What youre accomplishing by what I've posted is statically routing your IP from console>>Router via a static DNS map. As set now your console is stupid and "Automatically obtaining" this information. Why it's changed I don't know, seems to be a post-SE ban issue. Or being im PC I wouldn't know, a console patch? Either way, Said fix above proven to work for one member with identical issues as the FIRST poster. Rest of yall /shrug
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 20:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not connected to router, directly connected to modem. And again I'm on PC.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 20:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you mean a dynamic based IP pc? Non routed to the modem? That kind? Fix still stands.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 20:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not translating DNS by using Automagically obtain. Why I don't know. But if you got nothing to try. Try that =)

**add** Wanted to mention, Few weeks back this happened and it was centralized to East Coast customers only. Mainly PA,NY,NJ and states near by. Se claimed it to be packet loss VIA your ISP. If you're all in/around same states. This might be your problems too.
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 20:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's not the modem and connection on my end when someone in my house hold got on the game with the same connection.
 Bahamut.Rocha
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 20:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutupanddie said:
okie dokie, Just walked a friend though this fix. It seems your console is no longer translating DNS. This I don't know is a SE issue or console. Anyhow. You got a router I assume. Setup DMZ within router to 192.168.1.105. NOTE: This is considering your LAN (Local Area Network) is based off 192.168 subnet. Again check router config to be sure.

Turn off "Block unknown incoming traffic requests" within the firewall protection. While youre in your router config note down in the status area your WAN (Wide Area Network) DNS. You may have up to 3 of these, any one should work. Go head and shutdown your router config and go into your console config for LAN networking. You will find within config a area to set IP,Subnet mask, DNS, default gateway. Set as follows, again I stress these IP numbers are based off a default config of 192.168 subnetting, You MAY have something else. Please check it beforehand.

IP= 192.168.1.105
second dns = 192.168.1.1

once set reboot your router by unplugging it from the wall and disconnecting it from the cable modem VIA the RJ-45 cable. Let it sit 10 seconds plug it all back in, turn on your console, sign onto pol, enjoy your game. Any questions or if it doesn't work, go head and repost here.[/quot[quote=Shutupanddie]okie dokie, Just walked a friend though this fix. It seems your console is no longer translating DNS. This I don't know is a SE issue or console. Anyhow. You got a router I assume. Setup DMZ within router to 192.168.1.105. NOTE: This is considering your LAN (Local Area Network) is based off 192.168 subnet. Again check router config to be sure.

IP= 192.168.1.105
second dns = 192.168.1.1

once set reboot your router by unplugging it from the wall and disconnecting it from the cable modem VIA the RJ-45 cable. Let it sit 10 seconds plug it all back in, turn on your console, sign onto pol, enjoy your game. Any questions or if it doesn't work, go head and repost here.

Tried this and no good ; ;
 Lakshmi.Leuhiant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leuhiant
By Lakshmi.Leuhiant 2009-01-30 21:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i called cox cable cause it seems thats 1 part of the issue and i talked to PoL help desk their reporting over 100 people in the AZ,CA,NV area using cox cable high speed are having the same problem. After much arguement with cox support they've started looking into the issue and there is no ETA on the repair.
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 21:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's in ID too on CableOne lol
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 21:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

k, you got pc. goto run. type cmd. type tracert "WAN dns here" I.E. tracert 85.125.224.10 -fictious. While it traces your route to dns note the hops and MS (Milliseconds) is there any blank hops? Any servers responding to utterly slow w/ their MS? Lastly do the same for 85.255.112.145 which is "playonline.com" do you notice any long response times or blank hops?
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 21:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh there it is, centralized problem as before. NZ AZ?? If any of you are there wait it out, if you're not. Check tracert to pindown where/why youre losing packets.

lol NZ. wtf is that? I'ma noob ;P
First Page 2 3 4 5