Connection Issues?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Connection Issues?
Connection Issues?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-30 21:13:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate all your help and suggestions guys. Unfortunately I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to internet connection and networking, so alot of your remedies were all greek to me. However, seeing as that the most likely source of the issue lies within the ISP and location of where I live (Nevada); the best I can do is wait it out.

Hope you guys can get back in the game soon.
 Fenrir.Kunyu
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Kunyu 2009-01-30 21:15:13

is clearwire part of cox? lol <~ hawaii here >< haven the same trouble
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kunyu i wouldnt think its because of cox itself. Understanding routing. Youre fed a signal from the states. Possible whomever your backbone provider is for Hawaii also servring NV,ID etc. I would'nt be least bit surprised to see Californians here next lol. That will be you key indicator. Odds are your backbone comes from somewhere in Cali.
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 21:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

kk I did what you said and this is what it came up with:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms dns.cableone.net [00.000.0.00] (<-didn't want to put the real one lol)

so does that mean CableOne is having a server problem?
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 21:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I'm just now doing it for the playonline one you told me to test and they are all blank and keep saying timed out.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 21:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes sir, when you notice a request timing out, thats your packet loss. It only takes 1 lost packet to drop you from a streaming connection such as FFXI.

LOL about 000.000.000.000. Respectable. I don't think want my WAN IP sitting in plain view either lol. You better TAKE it, I ain't giving it to you ;P
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 21:35:01

I'm sorry for being a total noob at this but is it our "Wan IP" I'm supposed to be doing tracert on or is it one of the three DNS addresses listed here? I'm looking at my router settings and this is what it's telling me. So hopefully I'm on the right track lol.
 Midgardsormr.Greeve
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Greeve
By Midgardsormr.Greeve 2009-01-30 21:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/tech/69338-arizona-cox-cable-users.html

Explains the issue but apparently cox is not eager to help.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 21:45:13

I knew Cox was made of fail years ago, and this is is only more testimony to it -_-
Comcast isn't exactly the lesser of two evils either. Why do cable companies suck so hard? ><
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 22:14:15

Well, after calling Cox and getting a total nerd for a representative who ran various ping attempts on POL (getting slow but reasonable results) I finally managed to log back in the game with no problems.

I hope this clears up for everyone else but I'm finally able to log in without POL-0011 ^^

Edit: I spoke far too soon. Not even 5 minutes of being able to log on I get the boots and get POL-0011 again. *stabs ISP*
 Carbuncle.Basillus
user: Basillus
By Carbuncle.Basillus 2009-01-30 22:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I contacted them through live chat and he refreshed my cable modem signal or whatever and it worked, and then I disconnected ,literally, a minute later lol
 Bahamut.Rocha
Server: Bahamut
user: aaron3126
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 22:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

cox sucks lol i'll prolly change to dial up if this keeps up waaay better than this < <
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-01-30 22:23:46

Rocha said:
cox sucks lol i'll prolly change to dial up if this keeps up waaay better than this &lt; &lt;

Amen, speed means nothing if you can't even keep a constant connection ><
 Fenrir.Kunyu
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Kunyu 2009-01-30 22:39:17

OKay I got off the phone with Clearwire last time.. Same story they are not with Cox. or anyother company.. I keep getting a Err 0011,1160 and SE told me Had to be something going on with Cox.. I am getting the run around.. Cearwire.. dosent block any of the TPC or any type of that.. And he told me try a router.. and it failed.. to me this is getting old and SE needs to post something about this..
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 22:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kk just got off the phone with the CableOne Tech pple, we tried everything known' to man to fix the dang thing and it's still having problems. We even did a factory rest on modem and it didn't fix it. Spent a hour on the phone with him. He finally said I should call SE and see if they can trouble shoot with me to get a report from them to try and narrow down the problem. To bad SE isn't open on the weekends lol.
 Bahamut.Rocha
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kahm said:
To bad SE isn't open on the weekends lol.

OMG!....
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 22:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GUYS! Please listen. When your connections are being routed through out America they go through certain providers to do so. These are called "Backbones". They are the major pipe line for our data. Someone has to be that guy ya know? SOOOOOO. If there is a issue w/ a backbone router EVERY single ISP that uses that backbone will have issues. One leaky pipe causes a flood. Get it? I understand cox, clearwire are all having this issue, gotta understand. It's their backbone provider not them. Quit calling your ISP's wait this out.

**Add** This is why you see this problem spread out amongst so many different states and/or ISP's. But localized to a certain area. Call a plumber, your pipe broke. In the mean time while you wait this out, see all them empty soda cans on your desk? "Don't lie".. Good time to clean off your desk ;P I know some of you are in need of a serious shave. You got FFXI beard n ***. Take a break, relax it'll all be fine tomorrow.
 Carbuncle.Basillus
user: Basillus
By Carbuncle.Basillus 2009-01-30 23:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm just gonna give up and call it a night lol hopefully it will be up and running when I wake up! Goodluck to the rest of you!
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 23:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored, my desk is clean, I don't play all day, I'm a girl so I got no beard. I've been sitting here for hours. Bet ya in the morning the problem will continue. The internet works fine same with Ventrilo only the game won't connect. You have no room to tell pple to suck it up because your probably on the game, not staring at a screen getting the run around by everyone with no results and the same crap.
 Bahamut.Rocha
By Bahamut.Rocha 2009-01-30 23:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yep this weekend is gonna be hell
 Gilgamesh.Kahm
By Gilgamesh.Kahm 2009-01-30 23:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, lol without the game here it's very boring (not much to do) so it's just getting irritating.
 Odin.Milie
Server: Odin
user: Milie
By Odin.Milie 2009-01-30 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't log in from Cali but everything else I use online works fine... Frustrated b/c I hope this is fixed I have ppl counting on me in a few hours :(
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-30 23:53:30

Shutupanddie said:
GUYS! Please listen. When your connections are being routed through out America they go through certain providers to do so. These are called "Backbones". They are the major pipe line for our data. Someone has to be that guy ya know? SOOOOOO. If there is a issue w/ a backbone router EVERY single ISP that uses that backbone will have issues. One leaky pipe causes a flood. Get it? I understand cox, clearwire are all having this issue, gotta understand. It's their backbone provider not them. Quit calling your ISP's wait this out.

**Add** This is why you see this problem spread out amongst so many different states and/or ISP's. But localized to a certain area. Call a plumber, your pipe broke. In the mean time while you wait this out, see all them empty soda cans on your desk? "Don't lie".. Good time to clean off your desk ;P I know some of you are in need of a serious shave. You got FFXI beard n ***. Take a break, relax it'll all be fine tomorrow.

Yeah, a break every now and then does good for the mind and body. I just wanted to know the source of the issue and what the solution is. Since it appears to be something out of our control and something the bigwigs have to take care of, I guess all we can do is take your word for it and wait it out.

Again, thank you for clarifying the issue to those of us who just want it to work but have no idea what to do lol.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-30 23:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kahm said:
I'm bored, my desk is clean, I don't play all day, I'm a girl so I got no beard. I've been sitting here for hours. Bet ya in the morning the problem will continue. The internet works fine same with Ventrilo only the game won't connect. You have no room to tell pple to suck it up because your probably on the game, not staring at a screen getting the run around by everyone with no results and the same crap.

Um, you really should be more respectful. I've been sitting here on this forum trying to help you guys. Likewise explaining why you shouldn't worry, But you see, I have been nice, I have been respectful towards your guys issues. Now if you're gonna act like that. I'm quite happy you're stuck outside the game. Furthermore jealous whiner. I was watching TV Thank You. Wanna vent on someone, call your ISP back, I was only one offering any type of solutions/help. You're welcome.. *** =) Enjoy your night off from the game. To everyone ELSE. Sorry you witnessed this + are having this issue. I didn't realize some of you were going through withdraws. Sorry next time I'll keep the sarcasm to a minimum k.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-31 00:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Milie said:
Can't log in from Cali but everything else I use online works fine... Frustrated b/c I hope this is fixed I have ppl counting on me in a few hours :(

K understand streaming packets. Hmm. Watch a movie over the net. Does it constantly "Rebuffer" and restart itself? Se also streams data, meaning its a constant data flow to and from. So when you lose just 1 packet you lose the whole stream. But Se isn't the problem as we found out. Furthermore when you hit the web you have a much longer TTL (Time To Live). Timeout value in order to stop asking for and retransmit. You won't notice much packet loss because Web doesn't stream, you say hey Playonline.com. It responds, what up. During both conversations stream is ended. It's a game of Ping Pong. You ping, they pong. Se now is a constant conversation between two machines always asking whats new, whats new, whats new. Your connection then reacts on "Whats new". Not that any of this will fix your problems or might not even understand. But it does make sense, it will be fixed sooner than you may all think. Only takes one FiberOptic cable 1 inch long to burn out and create massive problems. They'll send a locator out to prod around the Fiber lines, find the break, fix the break, all will be ok. Hang tight. This happened just two weeks ago to NY,NJ,PA and near by areas. I don't think they spent but overnight out of the game. Anywho. Back to my TELEVISION. You all have a good night, and again. I apologize to the above comment and am truly sorry you guys are stuck like this ;;

I quoted milie for Kunyu. There's your Cali person saying they can't log on =) Your key indicator I mentioned earlier.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-31 00:13:30

Hehe this reminds me of the time I was double boxing myself to help a friend kill the rank 2 dragon and some drunken fool crashed his truck right into the power transformer on my block and knocked power out of my entire neighborhood. Needless to say we wiped on that fight and I was pissed lol.
 Leviathan.Ringoko
Server: Leviathan
user: Ringoko
By Leviathan.Ringoko 2009-01-31 00:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I have an interesting case because I use the Resnet at the University of Hawaii. Exact same issues people seem to be having, but obviously I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to Cox. Being a large public university UH -should- connect directly to the net (basically my ISP is UH). No dropped packets or packet errors of any kind when running a tracert.

I was told earlier talking to IT people that they might have blocked some ports that POL/FFXI uses. If that is truly the case then it just might be a huge coincidence. I just wish I had a commercial ISP I could use.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-31 00:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ringoko said:
Well, I have an interesting case because I use the Resnet at the University of Hawaii. Exact same issues people seem to be having, but obviously I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to Cox. Being a large public university UH -should- connect directly to the net (basically my ISP is UH). No dropped packets or packet errors of any kind when running a tracert.

I was told earlier talking to IT people that they might have blocked some ports that POL/FFXI uses. If that is truly the case then it just might be a huge coincidence. I just wish I had a commercial ISP I could use.

Please refer to page 1. DMZ hosting was setup for one user also "Blockin unknown requests was turned off" Also they routed directly from console to router opposed to Automagically Obtain TCP information. One friend I had in CT couldn't get on for 3 days. Which was odd, for no reason it just happened to him. I would like to agree with you on your statement. If said user did in fact setup DMZ though, that's a wide open "Unprotected" pathway. They should have been relieved of any type of "Filtering" by using DMZ. But I do agree with that statement. It does make sense. But wouldn't be limited to bottom 6 Western states you think? We would all be filtered equally as SE customers and/or cox, clearwire etc etc Which in turn makes it a "Backbone" issue. Ask IT about that. If backbone is having issue in Cali which serves Hawaii, would you feel the effect. Answer should be "Yes". Doesn't anyone know someone who still dials into AOL? LOL Try logging in VIA Dialup if you can, I know, who the hell still has that type of modem in their PC anyways =) Just a thought as a "Outside Provider" to test the "Backbone" theory.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-31 00:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to add other than I feel all of your pain, my connection has been fine tonight (not trying to rub it in or anything), but that kind of BS happens to me quite often, too. Charter Communications (my ISP) is from Satan, worst ISP I've ever had, and I was happy to hear that they are prolly going to be going out of business soon (although I hope that doesn't mean no more interwebs for me lol). I've found calling pretty much any major ISP is an exercise in futility, unless of course you want to order new service...then they will trip over themselves to help you out.

At any rate...hope you guys get your ***working soon! {/comfort} ^^
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-01-31 00:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
worst ISP I've ever had, and I was happy to hear that they are prolly going to be going out of business soon

Quote:
Aiming to serve businesses with communications needs that cross their service footprints, two cable giants, Cox Business and Charter Business, have created a fiber link between Las Vegas and Reno and one between Orange County, Calif., and the Los Angeles metro area.

One word, LOL