user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >
The topic was that FFXI sucks right now anyway so this is on topic.
The topic was wondering what the developers had been on when they made some of the content, not about it sucking, which is just your personal opinion anyways.
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
Some people like the challenge it offers and can ignore the silly parts that you can actually point out in just about every game. I suppose there are some people that think just because they don't like a game, means everyone else hates it too, but I like the way FFXI is now.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 18:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The logic that FFXIV will be better then FFXI no matter what, and people that dont think so obviously cant run it and that bigger team = better game is just....lol
By Zekko 2010-09-09 18:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
I've been playing it 3-4 hours a day and having fun.

Having fun with what lol
Guildleves are on 2 day recharge, i can complete 8 battle leves and 8 crafting/gathering within 2 hours. Then its either grind like *** or do friends leves which is equally as boring. As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 18:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
The logic that FFXIV will be better then FFXI no matter what, and people that dont think so obviously cant run it and that bigger team = better game is just....lol
Only stupid people have that logic.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-09 18:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally enjoy both. I still don't think XI and XIV can be accurately/fully compared until XIV incorporates some sort of endgame after launch. For me, XI endgame is still fun. Right now XIV has some of the lore and the grind which XI had at the beginning as well.

XIV has a lot of potential, and I personally can't wait to see what it'll bring to the table. The only thing I can really say is don't knock it 'til you try it. Don't bother listening to others opinions and just try it out for yourself regardless of what you hear. If you want to go ahead, if not, don't go around bashing it or saying its crap when you haven't even touched it. Watching/hearing about it, and physically playing it are two entirely different things. If its not your cup of tea, then its not your cup of tea. Simple as that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 18:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
It's funny how some people spend 3+ years of their lives playing FFXI, quit, and come in a forum to flame all over it...

You wont recover your years lost doing this.

Only in hindsight can you truly see what went wrong.

I had fun playing XI, don't get me wrong, but that game had a lot of issues 5 years in.

what do you mean lol its a game

if you dont like it theres a million more, but there are obviously a lot of people who enjoy ffxi
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The logic that a computer that costs 4000 dollars compared to my 600 dollar laptop, and has a better graphics card, processor, RAM, and screen, as well as looks a lot more appealing = better computer is just....lol
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 18:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Only stupid people have that logic.

My point exactly
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
I've been playing it 3-4 hours a day and having fun.

Having fun with what lol
Guildleves are on 2 day recharge, i can complete 8 battle leves and 8 crafting/gathering within 2 hours. Then its either grind like *** or do friends leves which is equally as boring. As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.

I do 4 leves a day so it gives me something to do every day. Doing the level 20 leves is challenging, and that takes a good 2 hours on a high difficulty. I craft, Mine, Duo dodos for levels. Then if someone else in the linkshell has more leves I go do those, and then maybe some more leves again.

It's not hard to fill the time.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
It's funny how some people spend 3+ years of their lives playing FFXI, quit, and come in a forum to flame all over it...

You wont recover your years lost doing this.

Only in hindsight can you truly see what went wrong.

I had fun playing XI, don't get me wrong, but that game had a lot of issues 5 years in.

I wasn't talking about you.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 18:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
The logic that a computer that costs 4000 dollars compared to my 600 dollar laptop, and has a better graphics card, processor, RAM, and screen, as well as looks a lot more appealing = better computer is just....lol
You just described a Macintosh, or atleast how Macintosh wants to appear.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.
Since you seem to prefer just using one button to do everything, try clicking that X up in the top right corner and just leaving the big kids alone. You're not helping or hurting either side of this discussion.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 18:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont play the game all day, so i dont complain about getting bored
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

He cant be serious....im just waiting for him to post trollface.jpg
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
I personally enjoy both. I still don't think XI and XIV can be accurately/fully compared until XIV incorporates some sort of endgame after launch. For me, XI endgame is still fun. Right now XIV has some of the lore and the grind which XI had at the beginning as well.

XIV has a lot of potential, and I personally can't wait to see what it'll bring to the table. The only thing I can really say is don't knock it 'til you try it. Don't bother listening to others opinions and just try it out for yourself regardless of what you hear. If you want to go ahead, if not, don't go around bashing it or saying its crap when you haven't even touched it. Watching/hearing about it, and physically playing it are two entirely different things. If its not your cup of tea, then its not your cup of tea. Simple as that.

That's pretty much my take on it. People should try it before going "Lol it's crap no" and burying their heads in the sand.

Most of the issues people are having can be put down the fact that the menus are server side and not client side (Which is going to be rectified in the retail) and the fact that the keys are poorly mapped (again being rectified in the retail)

The rest of it comes down to personal opinion and taste.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:
As for the crafting system, i prefer just clicking what items i want to use then clicking ok like FFXI. Not sifting through 20 menus taking about 20 mins just to start.
Since you seem to prefer just using one button to do everything, try clicking that X up in the top right corner and just leaving the big kids alone. You're not helping or hurting either side of this discussion.

>Big kids
>My face

Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-09 19:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Out of curiosity are you in the beta/have you played it?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

I said exactly what you said, but in computer terms. I'll post the troll picture when you do.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

That's pretty much my take on it. People should try it before going "Lol it's crap no" and burying their heads in the sand.

Most of the issues people are having can be put down the fact that the menus are server side and not client side (Which is going to be rectified in the retail) and the fact that the keys are poorly mapped (again being rectified in the retail)

someone my brother knows played the game for like an hour and already canceled their pre order for ff14
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

someone my brother knows played the game for like an hour and already canceled their pre order for ff14
Shouldn't play FFXIV on an Acer Aspire.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Lol thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever asked me. Ive been in the beta since phase 1 and believe me its boring as *** to log on now. Ive had enough of it already. I log on for 5 minutes stand around and log out.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

I spent an hour making my character :o
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I said exactly what you said, but in computer terms. I'll post the troll picture when you do.

The strength of a computer is facts. The fun value of a game is 100% taste. By your logic, all you need is 10,000 ppl working on one game and bam, funnest game in the world.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

I spent an hour making my character :o

then they probly couldnt get a thing on the character they wanted and said *** this ***
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 19:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

I've tried it myself after a friend kept bugging me to and didn't like it. And that's why I don't think XI is dying as soon as people think. There will be people who stay on XI, just like there will be people who move to XIV. Some people who stay on XI might eventually move to XIV, and some who go to XIV may come back. It's just personal opinion.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 19:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

The strength of a computer is facts. The fun value of a game is 100% taste. By your logic, all you need is 10,000 ppl working on one game and bam, funnest game in the world.
Fun is relative. Game quality is easy to measure.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-09 19:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Lol thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever asked me. Ive been in the beta since phase 1 and believe me its boring as *** to log on now. Ive had enough of it already. I log on for 5 minutes stand around and log out.
Good to know I'm stupid. You sir, are an ***. Nowhere in that reply was it necessary to respond in that manner.

So you don't like the game? Thats fine. To each their own.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Zekko said:

Are you in a shell? Have you levelled up the jobs to the maximum level? Are you comparing a beta to a game that's been out for 7 years?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
Flionheart said:
Saying that, the Leve "Get to the copper!" made me lol a lot.

so 14 doesn't have cheesy puns Ent....?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Fun is relative. Game quality is easy to measure.

The biggest part of the quality of a game is the fun factor. If a game has amazing graphics and an awesome story, but is ***to play, thats a low quality game.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15