Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting is all about playing the market, you can find a way to make a profit if you watch it carefully and research your options.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 18:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
ffxi ffxiv different game play.
so far I don't like what I've herd of it, now days games are sucking hardcore, why is ffxiv going to be any different? I see a mayor focus on the graphics AND tbh lol it has so many things of aion, and aion was a mayor failure.

I bet after lunch it will loose a lot of players eventually lol like aion did, even the graphics look like aion.

*** fail.

omg dont listen to other people, the game is in open beta now! try it for yourself, everyone i know said it was ***and now they dont come to ffxi events to play the 14 beta

to each his own!

and i liek it
[+]
By Zekko 2010-09-09 18:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).

lol wtf kind of analogy is that..."Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta..." so seriously you'd pay for a game that has so many bugs, one of which you can automatically kill yourself with? lol The game itself is vastly different, in the way you fight..you level..do quests..its DIFFERENT. Not so much better, just different. I personally don't like what I'm hearing out of the BETA people about 14 whatsoever. Crafting sounds shitty, they sound like seperate jobs (lulwat....). Leveling sounds strange as you have a physical lvl and job level (go tactics MMO..?)... So its just different not necessarily "better"

I don't even know what to say about your claim that the crafting is better in XI. I'm utterly speechless. there are a lot of things in XI that are currently better than XIV, but crafting is definitely not one of those.

lolwat

XIV crafting sucks, everything sucks besides the graphics the game is a huge letdown. XI > XIV for crafting

Now back on topic >
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
even the graphics look like aion.

I see what you mean. Clearly because the graphics are "like Aion", a game is instantly destined to suck.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
You need crafters to full repair gear, crafters will always have something to do.

god..you gotta repair armor like Diablo style? WTF >_<
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:

Now back on topic >
The topic was that FFXI sucks right now anyway so this is on topic.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I see what you mean. Clearly because the graphics are "like Aion", a game is instantly destined to suck.

Arenanet is the entire reason Aion failed. Guild Wars was good because it was free, making a p2p game of a similar calibre would never work.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 18:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >

I wouldnt know i dont play FFXI anymore. But XIV is boring atm probably because its laggy, slow and annoying but its still in beta so.....Yeaaaaah
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta, I'd still pay a full subscription fee to play that over FFXI. The only way they could make it suck at this point is by causing some critical bug in it that prevents it from ever working.

Yes, it's personal opinion, but saying FFXIV will suck is like saying Refresh 2 will suck. It's designed as a higher-end MMO with higher production values, a larger team working on the game, and just in general better everything.

In keeping with my previous analogy, Refresh 1 will sometimes be better. But that's only when you don't have the proper level to use it (meaning, not having a good enough computer to play FFXIV).

lol wtf kind of analogy is that..."Even if FFXIV stayed as it already is in the beta..." so seriously you'd pay for a game that has so many bugs, one of which you can automatically kill yourself with? lol The game itself is vastly different, in the way you fight..you level..do quests..its DIFFERENT. Not so much better, just different. I personally don't like what I'm hearing out of the BETA people about 14 whatsoever. Crafting sounds shitty, they sound like seperate jobs (lulwat....). Leveling sounds strange as you have a physical lvl and job level (go tactics MMO..?)... So its just different not necessarily "better"

I don't even know what to say about your claim that the crafting is better in XI. I'm utterly speechless. there are a lot of things in XI that are currently better than XIV, but crafting is definitely not one of those.

lolwat

XIV crafting sucks, everything sucks besides the graphics the game is a huge letdown. XI > XIV for crafting

Now back on topic >

What? how is the crafting worse than XI? I suppose I actually enjoy the challenge of aiming for a +1 instead of just sitting there and waiting, then turning every few minutes.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

no sir, it has many other things like aion that aren't just visual. =)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
ffxi ffxiv different game play.
so far I don't like what I've herd of it, now days games are sucking hardcore, why is ffxiv going to be any different? I see a mayor focus on the graphics AND tbh lol it has so many things of aion, and aion was a mayor failure.

I bet after lunch it will loose a lot of players eventually lol like aion did, even the graphics look like aion.

*** fail.

omg dont listen to other people, the game is in open beta now! try it for yourself, everyone i know said it was ***and now they dont come to ffxi events to play the 14 beta

to each his own!

and i liek it

ill try it, i know.
so i can talk more ***about it
or i can swallow up my pride and say it's good stuff.

By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing both Aion and XIV, they are nothing alike. I actually liked Aion though.

Totally different games.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Like a fast-paced combat system, actually interesting-looking zones, and crafting giving exp instead of unreliable skill points?

This is like complaining about chocolate because it tastes too good.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >

I wouldnt know i dont play FFXI anymore. But XIV is boring atm probably because its laggy, slow and annoying but its still in beta so.....Yeaaaaah

a beta months away from release that behaves this way... oh scary.
who wants to pay $60 for a MMO you'll rageenjoy 20 minutes a day...
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-09 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I guess it's kind of pointless to try to convince people in an obviously biased forum to play a different game.

Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >
The topic was wondering what the developers had been on when they made some of the content, not about it sucking, which is just your personal opinion anyways.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing it 3-4 hours a day and having fun.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-09 18:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

ill try it, i know.
so i can talk more ***about it
or i can swallow up my pride and say it's good stuff.

make a lalafel! the emotes really make the game for me

/sit
/doze
profit
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And I could probably enjoy more if the beta wasn't so futile due to losing levels.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Like a fast-paced combat system, actually interesting-looking zones, and crafting giving exp instead of unreliable skill points?

This is like complaining about chocolate because it tastes too good.

I am criticizing the fact that they were unoriginal.
not saying it's a bad idea.

but even how the home points are positioned look like Aion's, wtf?

I hope, it's not all a grinding xp til 50 like on Aion, and quests repeating themselves over-and-overx1000 again.

Flionheart said:
After playing both Aion and XIV, they are nothing alike. I actually liked Aion though.

Totally different games.

wait... when did I say they are the same?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >
The topic was wondering what the developers had been on when they made some of the content, not about it sucking, which is just your personal opinion anyways.
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-09 18:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny how some people spend 3+ years of their lives playing FFXI, quit, and come in a forum to flame all over it...

You wont recover your years lost doing this.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying that, the Leve "Get to the copper!" made me lol a lot.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-09 18:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I guess it's kind of pointless to try to convince people in an obviously biased forum to play a different game.

This would be relevant if I didn't have 6 years of FFXI experience to see where the game itself was going.

Right now, except for one person, everything everyone here has said bad about FFXIV is all "My friend says crafts are like jobs, obviously the whole game sucks".
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
It's funny how some people spend 3+ years of their lives playing FFXI, quit, and come in a forum to flame all over it...

You wont recover your years lost doing this.

Only in hindsight can you truly see what went wrong.

I had fun playing XI, don't get me wrong, but that game had a lot of issues 5 years in.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 18:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

this arguing is pointless

some people will like FFXI more than FFXIV and some will like FFXIV more than FFXI

It's kind of like how those douchebag WoW players would be like "WELL U SUCK BIG ***" if u dissed WoW in any way or if you were to say FFXI was better

its really all personal preference

if ff14 fails it fails, if not then well people will be doing the WoW > All thing with FFXI and FF14
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-09 18:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Zekko said:

Now back on topic >
Good point, I suppose there are some people who prefer NPCs not speaking the right language and bad puns scattered around.
<THIS GUY!
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 18:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Siren.Enternius said:

This would be relevant if I didn't have 6 years of FFXI experience to see where the game itself was going.

Right now, except for one person, everything everyone here has said bad about FFXIV is all "My friend says crafts are like jobs, obviously the whole game sucks".

I could make you an itemized list if youd like....
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-09 18:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The point whooooshed you.

Ent, you are notorious for being one of the biggest haters to FFXI there are. It is literally impossible to convince you that the game, to some people, may still be fun.

Or that you are ever, ever wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15