Forum » FFXI » General » Sep. 9, 2010 (JST) Update Details
Sep. 9, 2010 (JST) Update Details
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-08 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a heads up, DAT Miners are/should be starting to get the update files soon, so equipment and spells will be incoming once they finish. As long as people stop hammering the servers, it'll be done relatively quickly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-08 12:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I'm a little confused as to exactly when the update is happening. How many hours from this very moment?
So the servers go down for update in 3 hours? damnit, I'm not going to be able to start the update before my flight!
The servers are currently down now. I believe they meant it's planned to be completed in 3 hours...followed by 5 hour emergency maintenance!

So 3 hours from now, the servers go back online, and we can start the update. got it!
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm wonder seeing how lot traits and things got left otu of release notes on last level cap increase update if anything will be left out again on this one like auto regen 2 for whm was. (maybe auto refresh 2 for smn or pld^^ )
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-08 12:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
I'm a little confused as to exactly when the update is happening. How many hours from this very moment?

So the servers go down for update in 3 hours? damnit, I'm not going to be able to start the update before my flight!

The servers are currently down now. I believe they meant it's planned to be completed in 3 hours...followed by 5 hour emergency maintenance!

Lmao soooooo true
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-08 12:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow formatting that sucked lol. Hope you enjoy.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-08 12:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet ya'll 100k mu update fails between 80-100% <.<
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Hey, Darkshade. Glad to see you're already working to update the icons for todays update. Love your stuff, keep up the good work.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. If anyone else sees any I'm missing that might need a icon let me know. I'm going to have to see what icons SE themselves decides to implement that isn't reused.
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
those are pretty neat where u get them from?
Hm? I modified most of them myself? I maintain a GUI mod pack [XI View] and in map map mod pack [XI Vision] on Windower's forum in the DAT mod section. You can find them both stickied at the top of this page.

some jobs it a pain in *** keeping track what stat is what since they share same or similar icons
Yeah that's part of the point of the custom GUI mod. Most of the status effects actually point to different icons in memory but SE's GUI designer decided to use the same image for like half of them due to laziness/convenience.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Hey, Darkshade. Glad to see you're already working to update the icons for todays update. Love your stuff, keep up the good work.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. If anyone else sees any I'm missing that might need a icon let me know. I'm going to have to see what icons SE themselves decides to implement that isn't reused.
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
those are pretty neat where u get them from?
Hm? I modified most of them myself? I maintain a GUI mod pack [XI View] and in map map mod pack [XI Vision] on Windower's forum in the DAT mod section. You can find them both stickied at the top of this page.

some jobs it a pain in *** keeping track what stat is what since they share same or similar icons
Yeah that's part of the point of the custom GUI mod. Most of the status effects actually point to different icons in memory but SE's GUI designer decided to use the same image for like half of them due to laziness/convenience.
wow thats just bull. not like it take that much time to draw up id assume. Btw is there a better shadow counting one the one SE put in is rather crapy hard to see/read if u dont got perfect eye sight or a big *** screen to play on..
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-08 12:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Just a heads up, DAT Miners are/should be starting to get the update files soon, so equipment and spells will be incoming once they finish. As long as people stop hammering the servers, it'll be done relatively quickly.

I want the mining now!!!!!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Has the update been added via the usual method ala check version yet? If so I can grab it and begin updating my GUI mod.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 12:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
But I need to finish it fast so I can do salvage today!
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-08 12:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a miner myself, I just keep an eye on BG Miners progress. They're updating now.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
I'm not a miner myself, I just keep an eye on BG Miners progress. They're updating now.

addy for the miner list?
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-09-08 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dualweld I for THF at Lv83 wtf....
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Link to the thread please? Also for those that don't know, it's the [Check Files] button before you even login to get it early but only once they have added the update files to the server. This usually happens about an hour or so before the [Check Version] button is added to the FFXI page inside of PlayOnline.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-09-08 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, just noticed something on the abyssea page.
Quote:
How to Enter Abyssea
With a character level 30 or above in possession of a traverser stone, examine a cavernous maw located at one of the areas listed below. You will subsequently be transported to the corresponding area in Abyssea.
La Theine Plateau (E-4) / Konschtat Highlands (I-12) / Tahrongi Canyon (H-12) / Buburimu Peninsula (F-7) / Valkurm Dunes (I-9) / Jugner Forest (J-8)

Is this an error or do we enter the scars areas from completely different areas?
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-08 12:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:

There are gonna be some very pissed of THFs if this is not a misprint!
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-08 12:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We enter Scars from those Areas.

I'm guessing they put them there because CoP/WoTG Are not required Expansions to access Abyssea, so the couldn't put the maws in CoP/WoTG Zones.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:
Quote:
How to Enter Abyssea
With a character level 30 or above in possession of a traverser stone, examine a cavernous maw located at one of the areas listed below. You will subsequently be transported to the corresponding area in Abyssea.
La Theine Plateau (E-4) / Konschtat Highlands (I-12) / Tahrongi Canyon (H-12) / Buburimu Peninsula (F-7) / Valkurm Dunes (I-9) / Jugner Forest (J-8)

Is this an error or do we enter the scars areas from completely different areas?
It's correct. Scars of Abyssea doesn't require Chains of Promathia and two of the areas are in Chains of Promathia zones thus they added the maws to older zones that everyone has access too.
Asura.Karbuncle said:
We enter Scars from those Areas.

I'm guessing they put them there because CoP/WoTG Are not required Expansions to access Abyssea, so the couldn't put the maws in CoP/WoTG Zones.
Actually they mention that you do need Rise of the Zilart and Wings of the Goddess, just no Chains of Promathia or Treasures of Aht Urghan.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-08 12:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow what an update. I get +5 inv now that forbidden keys stack to 99, and we can buy in bulk, SE musta heard the pleas of the community!
Any bets on how annoying the new genkai is? got 10 merits and 20BS/KS logged out @ moogle ><
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-09-08 12:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Siren.Ihm said:
Quote:
How to Enter Abyssea

It's correct. Scars of Abyssea doesn't require Chains of Promathia and two of the areas are in Chains of Promathia zones thus they added the maws to older zones that everyone has access too.

Thought so, thats so awkward...
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-08 12:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, so now there's a Campaign Abyssea? :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-08 12:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

all i can say is...

WHY!?!
SE said:
The quest "Hat in Hand" is no longer repeatable.

a quest that rewards 200 gil for talking to 200 NPCs... yea like people are going to take advantage of that...

and
SE said:
System messages have been added to indicate successful strikes against an enemy's weak point

YES! attack the crabs weakpoints for MASSIVE damage!

SE said:
You may now obtain multiple "forbidden keys" in one transaction from the Cruor Prospector NPC.
SE said:
The stackable quantity of the "Forbidden Key" item has been increased from 12 to 99

****YEA SEAKING!

SE said:
An issue wherein simultaneously equipping Vampiric Mitts and Vampiric Boots would not produce the intended set effect has been resolved.
lil late on that one eh?

overall. /joy can't wait to see the new gear however

Ifrit.Maddii
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2010-09-08 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

question is it really Jugner Forest or Jugner Forest-S?
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-09-08 12:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Also, so now there's a Campaign Abyssea? :/

I'm looking forward to this. It seems to be the only way to get the new Empyrean Armor so I imagine it will be very popular.
[+]
 Ifrit.Maddi
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2010-09-08 12:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

well as long as you dont have to get ranks but solely credits thats ok
 Asura.Wordspoken
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-09-08 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Having dualwielded through subjob for so many levels, THF finally gets the hang of it on its own...
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloading the update now.
 Valefor.Jamesaji
Server: Valefor
user: Ajito
By Valefor.Jamesaji 2010-09-08 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. The update is bigger with WotG AND ToAU installed... What's being changed in ToAU? I must have missed something...
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

wow thats just bull. Btw is there a better shadow counting one? The one SE put in is rather crapy hard to see/read if u dont got perfect eye sight or a big *** screen to play on. Like a stack of 3 or 4 diff color cards with under side ones edge slightly showing or just large easy to read numbers