Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-08 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanduran said:
Quote:

How to Enter Abyssea
With a character level 30 or above in possession of a traverser stone, examine a cavernous maw located at one of the areas listed below. You will subsequently be transported to the corresponding area in Abyssea.
La Theine Plateau (E-4) / Konschtat Highlands (I-12) / Tahrongi Canyon (H-12) / Buburimu Peninsula (F-7) / Valkurm Dunes (I-9) / Jugner Forest (J-8)

It seems that next update abyssea is in Bubu Valk and Jugner or they typed it wrong.

Oh wow, good eye. I didn't even notice that. Hope so, those zones would be good.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-08 11:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
The exclusive weapon skills for relic and mythic weapons may now be used by level 75 or higher characters even when they are being subjected to a level restriction. This will be interesting.

Does this mean everyone gets them? or you still have to have the relic or mythic?

Someone asked that earlier, i answered it in like the Third post!

Before the update, if you upgraded a Relic Weaopn Via Magian trial to level 80, When you synced Below 80 you would lose your Relic Weaponskill.

Rather sure they're just adjusting it to where you would not lose the Weaponskill with the Relic weapon equiped if you sync 75~79
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2010-09-08 11:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it means relic ppl synced 75+ will be able to use. Instead of having fully upgraded wpn (lvl 80) and not being able to use wpn skill since wpn will be "synced down"
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 11:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
The exclusive weapon skills for relic and mythic weapons may now be used by level 75 or higher characters even when they are being subjected to a level restriction. This will be interesting.

Does this mean everyone gets them? or you still have to have the relic or mythic?

this is for relic weapon trials since they have kill mobs with relic ws ungodly amount of times. wont be able find mobs easily at 85 that give xp for trials.
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2010-09-08 11:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And new maws in non CoP areas for ppl who dont have that expansion...XD If you look at what expansions required for this add-on CoP is not one of em
 Asura.Serano
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-09-08 11:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
Tanduran said:
Quote:
How to Enter Abyssea With a character level 30 or above in possession of a traverser stone, examine a cavernous maw located at one of the areas listed below. You will subsequently be transported to the corresponding area in Abyssea. La Theine Plateau (E-4) / Konschtat Highlands (I-12) / Tahrongi Canyon (H-12) / Buburimu Peninsula (F-7) / Valkurm Dunes (I-9) / Jugner Forest (J-8)
It seems that next update abyssea is in Bubu Valk and Jugner or they typed it wrong.
Oh wow, good eye. I didn't even notice that. Hope so, those zones would be good.
its just where u go in to the maw not where u will be when u get in >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 11:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanduran said:
Quote:
How to Enter Abyssea With a character level 30 or above in possession of a traverser stone, examine a cavernous maw located at one of the areas listed below. You will subsequently be transported to the corresponding area in Abyssea. La Theine Plateau (E-4) / Konschtat Highlands (I-12) / Tahrongi Canyon (H-12) / Buburimu Peninsula (F-7) / Valkurm Dunes (I-9) / Jugner Forest (J-8)
I wouldn't discount mistypes... after all this update was supposed to happen on thursday the 8th lol
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 11:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda off topic but did anyone see any statuses that were likely to need custom icons other than the ones I have ready to add below? Want to try and get them done if necc. before maintenance is over so I can get my GUI pack up on windower's forum ASAP.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 11:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Kinda off topic but did anyone see any statuses that were likely to need custom icons other than the ones I have ready to add below? Want to try and get them done if necc. before maintenance is over so I can get my GUI pack up on windower's forum ASAP.

those are pretty neat where u get them from?
 Sylph.Reaplife
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-09-08 12:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I see forbidden keys stacking up to 99 and being able to buy multiple keys at once. I'm happy. Still don't see what Addle actually or what BLU spells are added, but so far, I'm extremely content with this update.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-09-08 12:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Hm? I modified most of them myself? I maintain a GUI mod pack [XI View] and in map map mod pack [XI Vision] on Windower's forum in the DAT mod section. You can find them both stickied at the top of this page.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-08 12:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Update seems sweet. I just wanna know wtf I have to go kill for the new blu shiz xD

also........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT MAKE TRIALS IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLO DUE TO TOO WEAK D:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Hm? I modified most of them myself? I maintain a GUI mod pack [XI View] and in map map mod pack [XI Vision] on Windower's forum in the DAT mod section. You can find them both stickied at the top of this page.

some jobs it a pain in *** keeping track what stat is what since they share same or similar icons
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-08 12:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also reminds me, I Hope the update to Pet food Biscuits is not just "Hey we're sick of low level BST's using the best food so suck it *** /Nerfbat." and actually makes pet food scale up better x.x;
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-08 12:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little confused as to exactly when the update is happening. How many hours from this very moment?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-09-08 12:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, Darkshade. Glad to see you're already working to update the icons for todays update. Love your stuff, keep up the good work.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-08 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm a little confused as to exactly when the update is happening. How many hours from this very moment?
finished in 3
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-08 12:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Look under the abyssea tab they tell us about bastion, which looks like abyssea version of campaign. And it gives credits, which is how you buy emphryal armor. Can't use cruor to get it. Booooo
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ya know i wouldnt mind seeing a new beetle (with reasonable recipe) and crab (both pld types) added. like said looks like new recipes a fly,flytrap,lizard, and diremite.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-08 12:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie: I'm pissed that we still can't store armor from the last Abyssean update. wtf.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-08 12:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Bastion is the name given to defensive battles waged by the Resistance and its adventurer allies against the ever-encroaching Abyssean hordes. Bastion battles take place in the areas below introduced in Scars of Abyssea:
Abyssea – Attohwa / Abyssea – Misareaux / Abyssea - Vunkerl

Stout-hearted adventurers who lend their sword arms to Bastion can expect to earn handsome rewards in experience or limit points, cruor, and Resistance Credits, the last of which can be exchanged for Empyrean Armor and useful temporary items. As evaluation for Bastion battles is conducted on a per-enemy basis, even those with limited time can earn rewards commensurate with their contributions.

Participating in Bastion

image1) Proceed to a Bastion Area.
Adventurers can confirm the status of Bastion battles by speaking with either the Port Jeuno NPC "Horst," or the Bastion Prefect overseeing each area's outpost.

*Please be aware that system messages indicating the commencement of a Bastion battle will not be displayed for those who have switched on the chat filter for Campaign-Related Data.

image2) Sign Up for Bastion
Each of the three Scars of Abyssea areas is home to a military outpost, within which a "Pulse Martello"—the cornerstone of the resistance effort—is stationed. Adventurers must help to repel the Abyssean hordes that storm the outpost, seeking the destruction of the Pulse Martello.
The outpost can be conveniently reached by teleporting to Veridical Conflux #00.

During a Bastion battle, the Bastion Prefect NPC will issue the "Pennant" status to participants. Only those who have received this status will be able to attack Bastion foes and earn rewards. Similarly to Besieged and Campaign, characters belonging to different parties and alliances can cooperate in felling the same enemy.

image- Pennant Status
Characters under the effect of the Pennant status will be subject to restrictions on certain other activities. Players who wish to engage in activities such as ordinary leveling and NM battles must first speak with the Bastion Prefect to have the status removed. The Pennant status will automatically wear off upon the conclusion of a Bastion battle, but you may choose to have it removed at any time.

Under the effect of a Pennant:
* You cannot engage in battle with non-Bastion foes. Similarly, non-Bastion foes will be unable to attack you.
* You cannot have healing and enhancement magic cast upon you by characters not issued with the status.
* You cannot receive or complete quests offered in the Abyssea area in question.
* You will not be subject to an experience penalty if incapacitated.
*The Pennant status does not prevent you from being ejected from Abyssea should your Visitant status wear off.
*Both Pennant and Visitant statuses will wear off if you are affected by the black magic spell "Tractor."

3) Repel the Hordes!
The fiends will relentlessly hone in on one target: the Pulse Martello that forms the keystone of the Resistance's defenses. To protect this vital but highly vulnerable target, makeshift searing ward replicas known as "Clone Wards" have been constructed in the immediate vicinity. The Pulse Martello will fall quickly if subjected to direct assaults from the enemy, so soldiers of the Resistance would do well to keep the Clone Wards functioning at full capacity at all times.

When an enemy is felled (regardless of whether the killing blow is struck by an adventurer or a Resistance NPC), adventurers will receive experience points, limit points, cruor and Resistance Credits commensurate with their contributions to the fight. Enemies will also, on rare occasions, yield purloined "martello cores," items which may be used to upgrade the Pulse Martello.

*Players level 59 and below will be limited in the amount of experience points, cruor, and credits they can obtain.

- Resistance Credits
Adventurers who battle bravely on behalf of the Resistance will be rewarded with credits, which may be traded to the Bastion Prefect NPC to receive the legendary Empyrean Armor, useful temporary items, and various other goods.

- Martello Cores
Upon acquiring these potent power sources from your foes, they will be automatically outfitted to the Pulse Martello. They will then grant a wide range of favorable effects across the entire area, from increased experience points to a greater likelihood of receiving valuable spoils, and more.

4) Laying Down Arms
You may withdraw from combat at any time during a Bastion battle. You will, however, need to speak with the Bastion Prefect NPC to have your pennant status removed if you wish to engage in other quests in Abyssea. Pennant status will also wear off automatically when the battle ends, be it in victory (annihilation of the enemy) or defeat (the fall of the pulse martello).

imageResistance Ops
Adventurers may also aid the Resistance by undertaking special missions to upgrade and repair the traps that serve to hinder the progress of the enemy. Speak to a "Resistance Sapper" NPC to register for these operations, for which you will be rewarded in cruor and Resistance Credits upon successful completion.

*After reporting successful completion of an operation to the Resistance Sapper, you will have to wait one full day (Vana'diel time) before undertaking another.
*Please be warned that changing areas, logging out, or disconnecting while an operation is in progress will result in the mission being abandoned and all related key items being lost.
*Resistance ops may not be undertaken or completed while you have the Pennant status in effect.

Enemy Sighted!
Bastion battles will arise in all three Scars of Abyssea areas: Abyssea – Attohwa, Abyssea – Misareaux, and Abyssea – Vunkerl. The more adventurers distinguish themselves in their exploits, the sooner the hordes will take notice and commence their attack. Amassing considerable quantities of martello cores will also serve to attract the attention of formidable fiends.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Also reminds me, I Hope the update to Pet food Biscuits is not just "Hey we're sick of low level BST's using the best food so suck it *** /Nerfbat." and actually makes pet food scale up better x.x;

well if nothing else it will increase markets for cooks to have more recipes to make that will sell. though most likly the lev 60 and zeta will get most use. Also i dont get why noone uses the regen food its liek 50 hp a tick on the sheep.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 12:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Not gonna lie: I'm pissed that we still can't store armor from the last Abyssean update. wtf.
I'm still pissed we can't store homam/nash, nyzle ilse gear, salvage gear etc etc etc
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-08 12:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

well if nothing else it will increase markets for cooks to have more recipes to make that will sell. though most likly the lev 60 and zeta will get most use. Also i dont get why noone uses the regen food its liek 50 hp a tick on the sheep.

Never see the damn things on the Auction House!

Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-08 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"The amount of TP obtainable by the Job Trait "Occult Acumen" has been increased."

Lets see if SE got it right this time
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-08 12:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'M disappointed and a bit that the auto translator isn't updated, from this update AND the last one. Soooooo many things, and they ignored the description text for the armors that are wrong...

HMM. Well maybe the armors aren't wrong, and the jp versions do have better stats. Lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-08 12:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So the servers go down for update in 3 hours? damnit, I'm not going to be able to start the update before my flight!
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-08 12:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So the servers go down for update in 3 hours? damnit, I'm not going to be able to start the update before my flight!
no servers will be up in 3
if no extensions -.-
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-09-08 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

Never see the damn things on the Auction House!

ya they alcamy sadly dont think many alcamist ever even look in that catagory for recipes to make. You have find one to make for u.
 Sylph.Kittty
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-08 12:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The servers are currently down now. I believe they meant it's planned to be completed in 3 hours...followed by 5 hour emergency maintenance!
[+]