DRK Weapon/Gear Advice, Please Scrutinise.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Weapon/Gear advice, please scrutinise.
DRK Weapon/Gear advice, please scrutinise.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
Ok so, Vendetta> Moliones (without the earring for Vend and the stp for moliones)?

Unless there's some secret math I'm not aware of, yes:p
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-28 14:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
wish i knew all the math jumbo so i could work out which scythe is better with my gear (not enough stp for 6hit with moliones)- this is without the suprem earring for vendetta if anyone wants to try :o

Since you don't have a rajas ring yet, a 528 delay scythe will be your best option for a 6hit build. You just need +16 StoreTP for TP and for WS... for a true 6hit build (6hit/5hit rebuild). Also, for grip since you only have about +16STP... use a pole grip. (if you had +21STP, you should use a sword strap though... if you using a 528 delay weapon.)

A 501 delay weapon would require +23 storeTP for TP and +22 StoreTP for WS, for a true 6hit build (6hit/5hit rebuild).

Alternatively, with a 501 delay scythe... you can go with +21 StoreTP for TP and WS, and as long as you land at least 3hits with Guillotine (the first WS hit and 2 more), you will have a pseudo 6hit build (a 7hit/5hit rebuild).

Or if you wanted an easy true 6hit build (6hit/5hit rebuild) with a 501 delay weapon, you could do: /sam, rajas, brutal, and rose strap.

Also, you may find the following link helpful:

Click here for StoreTP/Grip reference/guide. (The storeTP needed for each weapon delay is listed under "reason." )
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-30 13:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Haub +1 is your best bet for Guillotine, the only thing that trumps it is E:Body.

Editing my Post noticing Dracs post.

Hecatomb Body is trash dont waste your time or effort trying to get one, assuming that is what he was referring to, the rest of Hecatomb is good though.

I'd say Nbody is great for Spinning Slash if you lack Shadow Breastplate/Ares/Ebody/Grim Cuirass. But hell Scythe>Gsword especially when you have buffs =X