Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU skill tiers
BLU skill tiers
By Aisha 2010-08-23 18:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone could clear up a few questions for me. What exactly does reaching tiers in blu skill do, and what is the current and next tier? Sorry if this has been asked before, I have read through a lot of the posts but couldnt find any clear answers
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-23 18:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know of it is that equipping the Magus Jubbah raises you up a tier. :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-23 18:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 18:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so uh how hard is ovni

could a reasonably good party of 6 take him out
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-23 18:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovni is very easy if you do a mage method. Incredibly easy to straight tank, doing enough damage in time is your only consideration, and be smart with the TP moves - they are the only real threat to a /nin generally.

He DOES hit hard though.
[+]
By Aisha 2010-08-23 18:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, but I dont really understand a lot about the formulas for things etc, could anyone kinda sum it up of what it does exactly?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 18:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ovni is very easy if you do a mage method. Incredibly easy to straight tank, doing enough damage in time is your only consideration, and be smart with the TP moves - they are the only real threat to a /nin generally.

He DOES hit hard though.

so...

mnk/nin, blm, blm, blm, rdm, brd would have a pretty good shot?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-23 18:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that should be fine; just be careful of TP spam. It has all standard Yovra TP moves minus Charm. Susceptible to Slow but not Para. It will hit hard when it hits (130~ or so in capped PDT+Taco+Pro5 on RDM) but I have no idea about its accuracy. You want to do as much damage as possibly early on (ie before each invincible) so starting with 2hrs may be an idea if you can handle the TP (Stun does work if you have a cunning plan involving that).
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-23 18:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

He DOES hit hard though.

so...

mnk/nin, blm, blm, blm, rdm, brd would have a pretty good shot?
Should be a joke with that setup unless somebody failed to kill it beforehand (-dt remains even after it resets), even then should be fine just really slow. Start running if it uses Fluorescence, it'll use a second TP move immediately after if you're in range. Can be dispelled before said move gets off but still best to just range it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-23 18:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

much appreciated

sorry for derailing the thread, thought original question had been answered with night's 1st post
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-23 18:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said:
I'm sorry, but I dont really understand a lot about the formulas for things etc, could anyone kinda sum it up of what it does exactly?
Absolute simplest explanation is that breaking a skill tier adds two base damage and tiers occur every time the formula (skill*0.11) reaches a new integer value. I don't remember all the tier values off hand but 337 is the one my build hits (full merits, AF+1 body, AF2 hat).
By Aisha 2010-08-23 19:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ok, that makes sense and helps a lot, thank you ^^