user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-20 10:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Auro: set is a decent TP(melee) set only, but its far from the best. I say its a good set for the average player who doesn't have the time for endgame. " although you should not be casting spells in full Auro" its Tp(melee) only.
Though not auro more of a homam thing but don't be afriad to cast in your tp gear if your mp is full enough where switching will lose you alot of mp. I think my full dmg set to my tp set is a good 200+ mp difference. That's 3 more dmg spells. Sure they might be somewhat gimped ones but still don't like losing that much
GIMP 0.0 ALERT: Always cast DD spells in Damage set! Only spell you cast in TP set is headbutt. Macro's are your best friend.
I fail to see how squeezing 2-3 "free" spells out makes you gimp. Can you please explain?

1st. I doubt if there is a 200+ mp differance between tp and damage set.

2nd. A good Blu know's how to manage MP with B.Charge now a 7 tick refresh with gear,spell,trait and Npc...Who is running out of MP unless your spaming.

3.If your going to cast in a TP set what is the point of having a DD set for CA only? lol That's GIMP.

1) Let him post his sets, and we'll judge.

2) I don't give a damn if as a BLU we can perpetuate our MP, that's not the point we're talking about. Stop trying to change it to make yourself look better.

3) Learn to read: we're talking 1-3 spells only.

If you're going to try and look like the big ***here, maybe you should remember the golden rule of this game:

Situational ***Is Situational.
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-20 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Auro: set is a decent TP(melee) set only, but its far from the best. I say its a good set for the average player who doesn't have the time for endgame. " although you should not be casting spells in full Auro" its Tp(melee) only.
Though not auro more of a homam thing but don't be afriad to cast in your tp gear if your mp is full enough where switching will lose you alot of mp. I think my full dmg set to my tp set is a good 200+ mp difference. That's 3 more dmg spells. Sure they might be somewhat gimped ones but still don't like losing that much
GIMP 0.0 ALERT: Always cast DD spells in Damage set! Only spell you cast in TP set is headbutt. Macro's are your best friend.
I fail to see how squeezing 2-3 "free" spells out makes you gimp. Can you please explain?
1st. I doubt if there is a 200+ mp differance between tp and damage set. 2nd. A good Blu know's how to manage MP with B.Charge now a 7 tick refresh with gear,spell,trait and Npc...Who is running out of MP unless your spaming. 3.If your going to cast in a TP set what is the point of having a DD set for CA only? lol That's GIMP.
1) Let him post his sets, and we'll judge. 2) I don't give a damn if as a BLU we can perpetuate our MP, that's not the point we're talking about. Stop trying to change it to make yourself look better. 3) Learn to read: we're talking 1-3 spells only. If you're going to try and look like the big ***here, maybe you should remember the golden rule of this game: Situational ***Is Situational.

Well if its so-called "Situational" then post the situtation 1st then make the statement until then we are all speaking in "General" ....just sayin 8)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-20 10:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

Well if its so-called "Situational" then post the situtation 1st the make the statement until then we are all speaking in "General" ....just sayin 8)

Read what Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
don't be afriad to cast in your tp gear if your mp is full enough where switching will lose you alot of mp. I think my full dmg set to my tp set is a good 200+ mp difference. That's 3 more dmg spells. Sure they might be somewhat gimped ones but still don't like losing that much
Ramuh.Dasva said:
if your mp is full enough where switching will lose you alot of mp

I'll take out the unnecessary words:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
mp is full enough where lose alot of mp
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-20 10:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nothing else to say even he admitted that ***was gimp I was just agreeing with him ...just sayin'

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Well if its so-called "Situational" then post the situtation 1st the make the statement until then we are all speaking in "General" ....just sayin 8)
Read what Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
don't be afriad to cast in your tp gear if your mp is full enough where switching will lose you alot of mp. I think my full dmg set to my tp set is a good 200+ mp difference. That's 3 more dmg spells. Sure they might be somewhat gimped ones but still don't like losing that much

By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-20 10:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Casting 3 gimp spells will still more than balance out for the 200 MP that's lost.

Hell. Say your Dissevermnets get seriously pussified and only do 400DMG each in ***gear, rather than 900.

400*3 = 1,200 DMG.

I'd say 1,200 > 900.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-20 10:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I don't think he realizes that you guys are talking about 1-3 FREE spells that would otherwise NOT be cast.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-20 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
lol I don't think he realizes that you guys are talking about 1-3 FREE spells that would otherwise NOT be cast.

If your saying bang out 3 free spells then after that go back to casting in DD set then yeah I do agree but if your saying its cool to cast in just tp set then switch to DD set only when doing CA then your crazy.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-20 10:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

If your saying bang out 3 free spells then after that go back to casting in DD set then yeah I do agree but if your saying its cool to cast in just tp set then switch to DD set when doing CA then your crazy.

yep, thats what they were talking about or at least thats how I read it.
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 10:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly on the "big 3"... I would never agree on casting them with full Tp gear (so you don't lose mp) > losing a bit of mp yet gaining a substantial amount of Dmg; this really just irritates me. There should never be a situation where you are casting your big dmg spells in a tp set.

Secondly Dasva asked, "why is it not ok?" (on the casting 3 free spells etc..)

Where i'm sure there are maaany reasons for this, there are much more efficient enfeebling spells you can cast in TP gear than ones that are designed to do damage with a gear build. If you are concerned with depletion of your MP while in a party, soloing, or whatever your doing, I really think you should re-evaluate how you are playing the job.

Blue can be a great DD/Zerg DD/Enfeebler/Etc...
But firstly it's a endurance job.
You should never be running out of MP no matter what your doing unless your on the run and having to cure spam yourself and other people, ESPECIALLY after the lvl cap increase.

Also to Sectum and Nightfyre. I appreciate your advice in threads. I think a lot of it is really good stuff and lot's of people could benefit on blue from reading it.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-08-20 10:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I cast my haste, refresh, stoneskin etc with the MP I will lose in swapping from set to set.. That way I don't lose anything, and don't have to cast in TP set like a gimp.
[+]
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 11:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Personally I cast my haste, refresh, stoneskin etc with the MP I will lose in swapping from set to set.. That way I don't lose anything, and don't have to cast in TP set like a gimp.

"Buffing" before engaging and resting to full or, having to cast these on the fly after engaging?

Lol don't answer that.

Either way both way more effective than (Read the topic of this conversation).

By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-20 11:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

If your saying bang out 3 free spells then after that go back to casting in DD set then yeah I do agree but if your saying its cool to cast in just tp set then switch to DD set only when doing CA then your crazy.

That's exactly what we were saying >__________>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 12:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:

2nd. A good Blu know's how to manage MP with B.Charge now a 7 tick refresh with gear,spell,trait and Npc...Who is running out of MP unless your spaming.

3.If your going to cast in a TP set what is the point of having a DD set for CA only? lol That's GIMP.
1. Some tp peices: Walmart head 30, homam hands 20, homam legs 26, homam feet 31, mirage body 20,

Some dmg peices magus body 12, taru feet -35.

So yeah my bad it's only 150 mp loss.

2. Any good blu mage knows how to use more mp when they have it and conserve or semi conserve when they don't.

3. Seperate maccros are your friend. Like I said the first post cast in tp gear only when you are near full and it would result in the loss of lots of mp that will now litterally do nothing

4. People like you are part of the reason people think blu sucks. Waste mp like it's water then start "conserving" ie doing little besides headbutt and CA spells. Just so you don't look "gimp" on a couple of spells.

Yeah I spam ***all the time. Before I even got battery charge. And yeah I often take blu into short fights or ones where I can get mp back one way or another. Doing this makes a rediculous diffference in my over all dps.

Mind you I still switch out a few peices like body neck back etc so my spells aren't that gimp. And if I was really really really motivated I could make spellcast put in more and more peices in as my mp got lower...

Also mind you this was back at 75 mostly. Now I can /rdm and convert which will not only put me at full more often but would actually give me more than full so might even consider throwing some actual mp gear into it so I'll still be full in tp set after the cures
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-20 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
1st. I doubt if there is a 200+ mp differance between tp and damage set. 2nd. A good Blu know's how to manage MP with B.Charge now a 7 tick refresh with gear,spell,trait and Npc...Who is running out of MP unless your spaming. 3.If your going to cast in a TP set what is the point of having a DD set for CA only? lol That's GIMP.
1. Some tp peices: Walmart head 30, homam hands 20, homam legs 26, homam feet 31, mirage body 20, Some dmg peices magus body 12, taru feet -35. So yeah my bad it's only 150 mp loss. 2. Any good blu mage knows how to use more mp when they have it and conserve or semi conserve when they don't. 3. Seperate maccros are your friend. Like I said the first post cast in tp gear only when you are near full and it would result in the loss of lots of mp that will now litterally do nothing 4. People like you are part of the reason people think blu sucks. Waste mp like it's water then start "conserving" ie doing little besides headbutt and CA spells. Just so you don't look "gimp" on a couple of spells. Yeah I spam ***all the time. Before I even got battery charge. And yeah I often take blu into short fights or ones where I can get mp back one way or another. Doing this makes a rediculous diffference in my over all dps. Mind you I still switch out a few peices like body neck back etc so my spells aren't that gimp. And if I was really really really motivated I could make spellcast put in more and more peices in as my mp got lower... Also mind you this was back at 75 mostly. Now I can /rdm and convert which will not only put me at full more often but would actually give me more than full so might even consider throwing some actual mp gear into it so I'll still be full in tp set after the cures

LOL
[+]
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:

1. Some tp peices: Walmart head 30, homam hands 20, homam legs 26, homam feet 31, mirage body 20,

Some dmg peices magus body 12, taru feet -35.

So yeah my bad it's only 150 mp loss.

2. Any good blu mage knows how to use more mp when they have it and conserve or semi conserve when they don't.

Seems strange that you say that now after making a "point" about not wanting to convert DMG > MP (Through Gear Mods)

3. Seperate maccros are your friend. Like I said the first post cast in tp gear only when you are near full and it would result in the loss of lots of mp that will now litterally do nothing

If your going to make initial casts on the mob would you not think its better to enfeeble the mob instead of cast multi-hit (Big 3) which will in fact feed decent amounts of TP to the enemy without good DMG results to make it valid?

4. People like you are part of the reason people think blu sucks. Waste mp like it's water then start "conserving" ie doing little besides headbutt and CA spells. Just so you don't look "gimp" on a couple of spells.

I could be wrong but I don't really see anything Anbu said that would make me think he was "gimp?"

Yeah I spam ***all the time. Before I even got battery charge. And yeah I often take blu into short fights or ones where I can get mp back one way or another. Doing this makes a rediculous diffference in my over all dps.

I don't really think you are soloing or low-manning endurance Mobs given this statement. Sounds like campaign or low man "burn" events but w/e. If you were spamming on an HNM mob or High Tier NM...I hope somebody would tell you to stop feeding it TP.

Mind you I still switch out a few peices like body neck back etc so my spells aren't that gimp. And if I was really really really motivated I could make spellcast put in more and more peices in as my mp got lower...

Changing a few armor pieces for any big spells...are not going to yield big enough effects to overcome magic tier breaks...(much better dmg). I could be wrong.

Also mind you this was back at 75 mostly. Now I can /rdm and convert which will not only put me at full more often but would actually give me more than full so might even consider throwing some actual mp gear into it so I'll still be full in tp set after the cures

I like /rdm a lot. but if you are subbing rdm in events where you are pulling hate often.

A) Your going to die
or
B) Your going to be keeping hate still for curing the hell out of yourself.

This is all based off the experience of BLU being my main job which I take to all events. Limbus/Ein/Dynamis/HNM/ZNM etc..Also, which I solo on.

I'm not saying your blue isn't well geared or puts out good numbers. Just that it doesn't seem like you are fighting things that require much thought.

By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 13:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I didn't quote that right..but I hope you determine the replies I made between the 1 2 3 etc..statments
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 15:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends I still often have to /nin if there are no competent healers or tanks or I am effectively the tank. Though Sanguine blade helps out alot on that too
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

THum
Ramuh.Dasva said:
It depends I still often have to /nin if there are no competent healers or tanks or I am effectively the tank. Though Sanguine blade helps out alot on that too[/quote[quote=Ramuh.Dasva]It depends I still often have to /nin if there are no competent healers or tanks or I am effectively the tank. Though Sanguine blade helps out alot on that too

Despite everything else.

Thumbs up on blue tanking!

I like!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 15:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wish I could actually just go as the blu tank instead of end up being the tank sometimes lol. I mean I got a good tp/SB build and pdt builds waiting
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 15:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have talked to soooo many people on the degree of effectiveness of blue tanking. Sadly I have to agree no matter what pdt set you have or how low you can get timers down on certain spells there will always be a few things blue just cant tank no matter what. However having been around some pretty awesome pld's I will still take a tanking ready blue (good tanking gear and awareness of enmity spells/control etc..) ANY day if a tanking position needs to be filled. :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's true of any tank really.
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 15:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. Was just thinking more specifically blue because so many people are like lolomgwtfBlueTanking. Even though besides PLD I think Blue is the best choice for tanking (yes even over NIN or DRK).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 15:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing gets/keeps hate better. After that it's just a matter of staying alive. And really properly built a blu can keep shadows up as well as any job except certain situations. Like evasion tanking or mobs where you just sentinel and screw the shadows
By Mmbacon 2010-08-20 15:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bingo and there in itself is the % of mobs blue can't tank...and honestly imo...there are not many.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 18:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
I remembered something I've been meaning to ask. I know chain afflinity ups damage even with 0% tp, But what about burst afflinity and m.acc? Say I use burst afflinity>mp drainkiss, Will I see a higher aspir?

Edit: I also forgot to ask, For 20-50's.. Save tp or burn it? I know tp affects most spells acc(crit or just acc period)

Common misconception. TP only affects spells under the effect of Chain affinity. Don't be sitting with 300% tp thinking your spells are doing more damage. WS as appropriate.

Jesus people love bitching about gear.

Anyway... I want to question this, Since alot of spells say 'varry with tp'. Like bludgeon, 'Accuracy varries with tp' Or DS says 'Critical varries with tp'. Also on a few pages on wiki it shows modifiers for 0% tp, 100%, 200%, 300% and 2hr.(Main one that comes to mind, I know theres 2-3 of them though, is helldive since I was just looking at it).
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-20 18:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
I remembered something I've been meaning to ask. I know chain afflinity ups damage even with 0% tp, But what about burst afflinity and m.acc? Say I use burst afflinity>mp drainkiss, Will I see a higher aspir? Edit: I also forgot to ask, For 20-50's.. Save tp or burn it? I know tp affects most spells acc(crit or just acc period)
Common misconception. TP only affects spells under the effect of Chain affinity. Don't be sitting with 300% tp thinking your spells are doing more damage. WS as appropriate.
Jesus people love bitching about gear. Anyway... I want to question this, Since alot of spells say 'varry with tp'. Like bludgeon, 'Accuracy varries with tp' Or DS says 'Critical varries with tp'. Also on a few pages on wiki it shows modifiers for 0% tp, 100%, 200%, 300% and 2hr.(Main one that comes to mind, I know theres 2-3 of them though, is helldive since I was just looking at it).

this is only while chain affinity is active. it then takes on the traits of a weapon skill.

Dancing Edge : Accuracy Varies With TP
Flat Blade : Chance To Stun Varies With TP
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-20 18:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He's right, TP only affects under CA. The 0 TP one is the one to go by if CA isn't up.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-20 18:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
He's right, TP only affects under CA. The 0 TP one is the one to go by if CA isn't up.

i thought the 0 TP one was the effect of CA+Spell @ 0 TP, not while CA was down....

i could be wrong on that one though
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-20 18:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:

this is only while chain affinity is active. it then takes on the traits of a weapon skill.

Dancing Edge : Accuracy Varies With TP
Flat Blade : Chance To Stun Varies With TP

Ahh, Alright. I had to question, since alot of things come to mind.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-20 18:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

i thought the 0 TP one was the effect of CA+Spell @ 0 TP, not while CA was down....

i could be wrong on that one though
The difference in damage between 0 TP spells and 0 TP CA spells comes from doubled WSC, fTP value is the same either way. If it was different it would be listed as such. I can personally confirm there's no fTP difference from testing I've done with VCleave.