The Dark 5 Hit (kinda)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » The dark 5 hit (kinda)
The dark 5 hit (kinda)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-18 08:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax said:
Well dizzmal, for one I don't take steroids, comes from good old fashion exercise and old man strength (yeah i'm starting to get it D:). You should try it.
You are more muscular than I am if that is indeed you in your avatar. But at my age I don't want to be that big. I work more on cardio and cutting up. While my max benchpress isn't that high, I work more on reps than maxing. My wife and I try to take 15-20 mile bike rides a few times a week, weather permitting.But thanks for thinking by some chance in hell that you know me irl. Assuming you know how anyone looks irl only make you look like an ***.

I really hate how people think that if someone plays a game like FFXI, they are a fat nerd that has no life. While I'm sure there are players like that, I doubt that is the norm. I mean I'll take your avatar for example, Other than looking like a total douchebag by taking a pic of your muscles and posting it on a gaming website, you look like a fit guy that plays this game. I've seen quite a few pictures of attractive people on here. Some fake, some real. Stop being one of the douchebags that think we all fit the nerdy gamer mold I posted above.
Quote:
My loss in str/atk I posted way back would be from wsing in the crap you suggested over what i could ws in now. You are correct we are talking about tp build but your effecting my ws's.... and do you know what a 5 hit build is for?. To ws more frequently. So when you gimp my ws's you defeating the purpose of it. On top of me admitting i'm not finished with it yet... which you failed to read. Look we can go bickering back and forth but there is no point. Yes your set provides more acc and 1 more haste. No, you can't outparse me. lol. I do it to people like you every day. Your probably a smart kid, so it wouldn't be fair to call you an idiot.... but really its to bad we're not on the same server to do an event together so you can see for yourself.

Do you still not understand that the build I posted was for WS only? It has nothing to do with WS. Please get that though your thick head.

But your right all we can do is *** at each other unless one of us jumps server to parse against each other.. I don't see that happening.
Quote:
You can get the last word..... This forum is probably your only source of solace so have at it sir.

I'm normally not a troll, but since you fail to know the difference between a TP set and a WS set. You keep saying that my set will gimp you WS set... /wrist.

IF you would pay attention, the set I posted not only has more haste,acc,att it also boasts a full 5 hit TP BUILD. Now if you want to compare WS sets, we can do that as well. But you might complain that your WS set messes with your TP set /facepalm.

Edit: Your TP set and your WS set should be completely different and by no way gimping each other.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-18 09:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming both players were equal in skill when it comes down to being aggressive in a parse Dizzmals 5-hit set will end up beating the askar build by a decent chunk especially if your using askar head...

The difference between turban and askar head is a 3% difference in overall damage if iirc in turbans favor. Turban wipes the floor with askar with very little effort. The only reason people consider Aces helm "good"(which its not) is the 7 ACC on it NOT the STR on it. 4 STR is meaningless compared to 1% haste in any way shape or form.

Aces/Askar are Apoc Drk onry, and that is only because they are hitting the haste cap with very little effort due to the aftermath of Cata.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-18 09:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ace's is good if you'r really hurting for acc! (Somehow)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-18 09:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ace's is good... for showing off to noobs in town who don't know better, other than that don't waste your time like I did D:

Pizza exists for a reason :(
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ace's is good if you'r really hurting for acc! (Somehow)

You are right, but just thinking about when/how that situation could arise:

Pizza give 20% hit rate so will take turn any hit rate above 75% (73% for pizza+1) to capped. Which means to use Ace's you need a hit rate under 71.5 (69.5% for pizza+1) in order to get the full advantage from the 7 accuracy. This is ignoring DE and Hasso.

In any situation where you have a hit rate around 70% before food, then you need to massively rethink your gear/job choice.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 12:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

The difference between turban and askar head is a 3% difference in overall damage if iirc in turbans favor. Turban wipes the floor with askar with very little effort. The only reason people consider Aces helm "good"(which its not) is the 7 ACC on it NOT the STR on it. 4 STR is meaningless compared to 1% haste in any way shape or form.

does +15 attack beat 1% haste?

you do have Cuchulain's Mantle and blitz ring. So why not wear those on your drk?

4str, +15attack, and +7accuracy vs 4str, 4dex, 5accuracy and 1%haste.

See the difference? Got it you just want to show off your cerb+1 mantle.

Cool spend the gill to get dusk+1 gloves and not utilize blitz ring. Blitz ring doesnt cost as much as dusk +1 gloves. You have full scythe merits no?

Dont make accuracy an excuse for not wearing blitz ring when you can get away with it. What are you hitting that you need so much accuracy on? There is pizza, you know for when you do need the accuracy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 12:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

you do have Cuchulain's Mantle and blitz ring. So why not wear those on your drk?

Cool spend the gill to get dusk+1 gloves and not utilize blitz ring. Blitz ring doesnt cost as much as dusk +1 gloves. You have full scythe merits no?

Dont make accuracy an excuse for not wearing blitz ring when you can get away with it. What are you hitting that you need so much accuracy on? There is pizza, you know for when you do need the accuracy.

Sombody is just jealous with their Foragers/NQ Dusk/Iota Ring
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 12:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

that is not my tp gear moron

here it is before i stopped playing

and you can shove that up your ***
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

NQ Hauby? Damn Gimp

Edit: Also Fort Torque? The ***.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 13:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

NQ Hauby? Damn Gimp

oh *** please you and your hq ***

here not only fort torque for you

you like all them torques?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

NQ Hauby? Damn Gimp

oh *** please you and your hq ***

here not only fort torque for you

you like all them torques?

Awsome only Justice and Love are worth the effort.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 13:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be hatin' on Faith Torque.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Ah my bad it rocks for Stoneskin and Chi Blast :(
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 13:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

not if you have full h2h merits
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 13:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

If that was all it was good for I'd have included Fortitude for Chakra.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-18 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: RNG uses PCC
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 13:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Qiqirn collar is what I usually see, could be wrong about Hope though.

And I think there's a new Abyssea item? idk, RNG isn't my cup of tea.

EDIT: sylvan scarf
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-18 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
That level 40ish neck with R.Acc +5 and R.Atk +6, too!
All of them beat PCC for RNG, Hope torque being the best necklace
Sylvan Scarf works, too
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 13:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Qiqirn collar
That level 40ish neck with R.Acc +5 and R.Atk +6, too!
All of them beat PCC for RNG, Hope torque being the best necklace
I'll take your word for it on Hope, though Sylvan seems nice given the -enmity. Sorry about the initially brief post, accidentally submitted before I was done typing.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 13:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget this though.. Hot damn :Q

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11604/corvus-torque

Edit: Rafik sorry about being such a ***. It's just so easy to nitpick thats all.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-08-18 14:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Rafik sorry about being such a ***. It's just so easy to nitpick thats all.

The real question is, why would you bother when your gear barely average?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 14:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Rafik sorry about being such a ***. It's just so easy to nitpick thats all.

The real question is, why would you bother when your gear barely average?

1) A friend is playing my account while I'm away.
2) I don't know why the *** a Foragers and Iota are on COR quick Draw D:
3)WAR/DRG/DRK are more my thing though. I can admit my COR gear is average. It's something I leveled and that is about it :/

Is pretty much what I quick drawed in. With other ***for TP/Ranged Attack/WS from my Ranger. I was letting my friend use my Char as a LVL75 G.Colibri Sync/Leech for Dual Boxing. My other jobs which held my combat merits and such is what I took pride in.

Edit: No offense taken though but my Melees are pretty well geared for the most part. Though in a few months I'm not sure if it's going to be worth coming back. My friend can do what he pleases though I'm not sure why odd items we're on my COR when better choices are in my MH lol. Must have been in a hurry.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 14:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I see gear mixed together that doesn't make sense, I always assume it's just town gear or w/e.
Hell, take a look at the garbage I was last scanned with xD(wtf I know)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 14:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Whenever I see gear mixed together that doesn't make sense, I always assume it's just town gear or w/e.
Hell, take a look at the garbage I was last scanned with xD(wtf I know)

Is that Hat and Barone hands Auged?

I seen some nice ANNM augmentations. If you got haste/acc/dex on barone hands grats.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 14:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know you TP in Yukata and Adaman Barbuta.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 14:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha I wish :(
Barbuta is regen +1, but I did quite a few ANNMs for those barone and the best I got was dex +5
Would be kickass if I had gotten Haste +3 since both my DD's can use em
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-18 14:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Haha I wish :(
Barbuta is regen +1, but I did quite a few ANNMs for those barone and the best I got was dex +5
Would be kickass if I had gotten Haste +3 since both my DD's can use em

Yeah Regen on Adaman head is pretty nice when paired with other gear. I had no luck on Barone hands though we kept getting those crappy daggers
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-18 17:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Who the *** ever said I dont use blitz ring? I use it when ACC is capped, if its not then ill be using Toreader's Hurdur, gimp DD in a nq haub wut? Gear is situational and smart players have differt sets and switch to them when different situations arize. Damn this game is hard to figure out :(

I have a Cuch Mantle? Didnt know you could log into my account and see all my gear D:

Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 18:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Who the *** ever said I dont use blitz ring? I use it when ACC is capped, if its not then ill be using Toreader's Hurdur, gimp DD in a nq haub wut? Gear is situational and smart players have differt sets and switch to them when different situations arize. Damn this game is hard to figure out :(

I have a Cuch Mantle? Didnt know you could log into my account and see all my gear D:

this is what you posted as your item set to show off?

dir dir

and when I said this you said
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ok guys iota ring or any other accuracy ring should be replace by blitz ring when you dont need the accuracy

Blitz ring is situational, or you can macro it in for diabolic eye phase.

You statement right there made it clear that you didnt understand what I wrote. I dont know what is so hard to understand about when you dont need the accuracy wear a blitz ring?

The name calling begins, because oh no I didnt have HQ Huab so there for I am gimp. That was the only thing you can come up with to rip on me lol

Nice try. Skill matters more than gear and knowing how to use what you have to its full potential.

What dont you understand with those swaps that I suggested you will have the same accuracy as your current tp set and gain one more haste?

so dont talk about accuracy being an issue.

If you can afford dusk+1 gloves you can afford cuch mantle.
so instead of switching to cuch mantle you would rather wear toreades ring? Got it.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-18 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep saying "you can afford dusk +1" who the *** said I ever paid for the dusk +1? They belong to a friend who rarely plays anymore, so quick to jump to conclusions.