The Dark 5 Hit (kinda)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » The dark 5 hit (kinda)
The dark 5 hit (kinda)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax 2010-08-17 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole key to this is having a scythe with 528 delay (14.4% tp return base on weapon)

With /samurai and tping in this set you will aquire a 5 hit build with a full tp return from either of your 4 hit ws's. This set will give you 19..7 tp a hit, and your tp return from a guillotine or insurgency (I take off askar body for heca on ws's atm so that 5 store tp on the body isn't needed for this) will result in 22 tp, giving you exactly 100 tp after 4 more melee attacks.

I Figured this out before the store tp reckoning (only need 36 store tp to pull this off) but that involved using carbonara and the loss of attack wasn't really worth it unless you had a cor.

Ideally getting the goading belt would also allow you to tp in any body you wanted to and still keep a 5 hit, removing the goading belt for a ws belt keeping your 22 tp return.

Fun tip, if you have a cor and sam in your party with store tp roll and the cor rolls either lucky sam (2) or rolls above 8 your 5 hit build turns into a 4 hit build. Thats right.. ws,3 hits, ws, 3 hits, ws.

Still missing goading belt and fire bomblet from my perfect tp set up but I'll get there.... until then I hope some of you utilize this cause even though you sacrifice some acc from your body (which you can work around if your well enough geared) Its a set up that is really fun.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 14:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

and yet you wear askar hat
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 14:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
and yet you wear askar hat
<3 helpful as usual :D

me saying this doesn't really validate OP's post though.
I don't know *** about dark...but this thread seems silly(kinda)
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-17 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

askar head says wassup
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 14:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
Ppl with gimpy jobs really shouldnt judge gear
or should they...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-17 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Things we knew about a long time ago, now with more Askar head, Parade Gorget, and Iota Ring.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 14:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
Ppl with gimpy jobs really shouldnt judge gear

I have drk80
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
But your ffxiah account says you have drk0
him: YOUR gear sucks at X job
you: you don't even have that job leveled, your profile says so and I have to go by that because you apparently only have one account because who would only link 1 account and post on the forum with it?!?!?
him: 2 accounts
you: WHAT IMPOSSIBLE

seriously.
you elitist *** allllways have to click on someones name and see if they aren't better than you to validate yourselves/defend the OP for whatever ego-based reason.
ironically this goes both ways in this situation.
and caught you before you did a little editing ha.

but really.
don't take my post seriously and call me gimp Q_Q because I am.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-17 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: Things we knew about a long time ago, now with more Askar head, Parade Gorget, and Iota Ring.

Hey I use a parade gorget on my DRK's Idle set...

That refresh is nice while HP ≥ 85% !

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
DRK is a fun and powerful job, have fun and askar it up!!!
LOL REMOVE EVERYTHING!?!
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-17 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
LOL REMOVE EVERYTHING!?!

lol why do people do that
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-17 14:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah, 3 hit nana build beats the ***out of this.

Just sayin.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
LOL REMOVE EVERYTHING!?!

lol why do people do that
trying to save face i guess.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-17 14:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be better off creating a 5hit that works even if only the main hit of your ws lands because due to the nature of 4 hit weaponskills you only hit all 4 hits 81.4% of the time (.95^4) even with capped acc.
 Lakshmi.Darknesss
Server: Lakshmi
user: darknesss
By Lakshmi.Darknesss 2010-08-17 14:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

said what i had to say to get this page going, now i disappear, have a blast
 Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax
By Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax 2010-08-17 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can switch over to justice torque if my parade gorget offends you >.>.... I need mp to cast blizz 2 ya know. XD
By Joma 2010-08-17 14:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
LOL REMOVE EVERYTHING!?!
We're gonna make mad stacks Mr. White.
Wait what?
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-08-17 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax said:
Whole key to this is having a scythe with 528 delay (14.4% tp return base on weapon) With /samurai and tping in this set you will aquire a 5 hit build with a full tp return from either of your 4 hit ws's. This set will give you 19..7 tp a hit, and your tp return from a guillotine or insurgency (I take off askar body for heca on ws's atm so that 5 store tp on the body isn't needed for this) will result in 22 tp, giving you exactly 100 tp after 4 more melee attacks. I Figured this out before the store tp reckoning (only need 36 store tp to pull this off) but that involved using carbonara and the loss of attack wasn't really worth it unless you had a cor. Ideally getting the goading belt would also allow you to tp in any body you wanted to and still keep a 5 hit, removing the goading belt for a ws belt keeping your 22 tp return. Fun tip, if you have a cor and sam in your party with store tp roll and the cor rolls either lucky sam (2) or rolls above 8 your 5 hit build turns into a 4 hit build. Thats right.. ws,3 hits, ws, 3 hits, ws. Still missing goading belt and fire bomblet from my perfect tp set up but I'll get there.... until then I hope some of you utilize this cause even though you sacrifice some acc from your body (which you can work around if your well enough geared) Its a set up that is really fun.

Or you could use this any not have to rely on lolaskar and improve acc,attack and haste.

Oh and this is a true 5 hit build. 39 store tp with /Sam and you don't have to gimp the hell out of your setup for askar body.

[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-17 14:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Not too much wrong with the ring (depending on your DEX), yes there are better rings but its has more right to be in a TP set than the other 2 items.

@ OP, what you have described is a pseudo 5hit (it relies on additional hit of the WS to make it work).

Normally people worth of the assumption that 3/4 hits land, as at 95% accuracy that should happen over 98.5% of the time. This increases the amount of sTP required, but is far more reliable than working of the assumption of 4/4 hits.

As for gear, Goading belt and/or Aurum Body are big items for 5hit builds.

As people have said, Askar head is bad - use turban and use something useful in neck slot, (chiv chain for example would actually help get your 5hit). And finally, use Hauby+1 for Guillotine/Insurgency.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-17 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole key to this is having a scythe with 528 delay (14.4% tp return base on weapon)

With /samurai and tping in this set you will aquire a 5 hit build with a full tp return from either of your 4 hit ws's. This set will give you 19..7 tp a hit, and your tp return from a guillotine or insurgency (I take off askar body for heca on ws's atm so that 5 store tp on the body isn't needed for this) will result in 22 tp, giving you exactly 100 tp after 4 more melee attacks.

I Figured this out before the store tp reckoning (only need 36 store tp to pull this off) but that involved using carbonara and the loss of attack wasn't really worth it unless you had a cor.

Ideally getting the goading belt would also allow you to tp in any body you wanted to and still keep a 5 hit, removing the goading belt for a ws belt keeping your 22 tp return.

Fun tip, if you have a cor and sam in your party with store tp roll and the cor rolls either lucky sam (2) or rolls above 8 your 5 hit build turns into a 4 hit build. Thats right.. ws,3 hits, ws, 3 hits, ws.

Still missing goading belt and fire bomblet from my perfect tp set up but I'll get there.... until then I hope some of you utilize this cause even though you sacrifice some acc from your body (which you can work around if your well enough geared) Its a set up that is really fun.

He has bigger guns then you so you all lose cuz RL he can kick your *** :O

This shits legit
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-17 15:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Joma said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Darknesss said:
LOL REMOVE EVERYTHING!?!
We're gonna make mad stacks Mr. White.
Wait what?
Yeah I'm getting pretty far...i think I'm either on episode 8-9 now.
I have a couple friends that I watch it with so I have been taking my time a bit because me watching it is hinged on when they come over.
I have been half tempted to just finish it out myself but I've had some control so far lol.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-17 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time God sees anyone with askar, he murders millions of kittens.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-17 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

As Nightfyre stated earlier, This is nothing new though OP.

With a 528 delay scythe you have a base TP per hit of 14.4

With that you can easily find that you need +39 StoreTP for a true 5hit build. ("5hit/4hit rebuild")

(14.4 * .39) + 14.4 = 20 TP

20 * 5 = 100% TP
-----------------------------------------------------------
Or you could do a "pseudo 5hit build."

36StoreTP for a "6hit/4hit rebuild" (not a true 5hit build), as long as you land at least 3hits on Guillotine WS. (The first hit, and 2 extra hits)

(14.4 * .36) + 14.4 = 19.5 TP

19.5 * 4 = 78TP (This is for 4 melee swings)

First WS hit will give 19.5 TP(with 36STP on WS), landing two more hits on guillotine would be:

(2 * .36) + 2 = 2.7 TP

Then, 19.5 + 2.7 = 22.2 TP from WS (landing the first hit and 2 more, so 3hits out of the 4 on Guillotine.)

78 + 22.2 = 100.2% TP

Just showing the math behind it for those curious, but again... this is stuff that a lot of people already know(we've actually had various discussions and threads about similar 5hits builds already), and there are different ways to do a 5hit build (Gear-wise), some more effective than others.

As it has been said, don't TP in Askar head.. use walahra turban, and Hauby(+1) for Guillotine. (The parade gorget for TPing must have been a joke, I hope.)

[+]
 Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax
By Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax 2010-08-17 15:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I mostly use justice torque although I do utilize my fresh gorget when needed.

Well if this has been discussed then woops... although that nice gentleman jizzmal (what was his name?) who thinks he knows more doesn't realize hes gimping his attack to much with a "True" 5 hit (loosing about 26 atk including str/11 str for mod) replacing what I have now with what he's listed.. which would need to be ws'd in.

I'll stick with my pseudo.... if I do miss a ws hit nothing a drain 1/2 coudln't fix .

Like I said gimping acc a bit in my build but I consistently run at 92/93% with lolaskar on.... so really 2/3% deduction is SOOO GIMP.... ohh wait an xtra 2% double attack on the armor to improve my hit rate.

Its funny how you get so angry.... I just picture you behind your pc screen with your hands raise screaming "DAMMN YOU ASKAARRRRR... DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!"

No biggie to me, I adjust on the fly and gear how I'm needed to. You act like I walk up to Kirin with this set expecting it to own.

I know 1 thing is for sure, jizzim couldn't touch me in game or in rl, big guns ftmfw.

For revisiting a post already discussed... well I don't read forums much and usually not a troller, /end discussion with apologies ;P.

Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-17 16:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"DAMMN YOU ASKAARRRRR... DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!"
Precisely.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6