Plenilune Embrace Healing
First Page 2 3 4
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-29 22:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If anybody was interested in how high it can go with mediocre gear, I'd have done it on lightsday but I don't have the obi, so it could probably do alot better with that.

Sorry in advanced for the tiny *** size of the picture, *** photobucket is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 00:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nice set of info what about the moon phase?

btw can u post a list of the blue magic u had set at the time?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-30 00:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My experiences with that spell is that I get varied results, sometimes I get 450 cures, sometimes I get 500+ as /NIN, so I'm pretty sure the moon phase also has something to do with it.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 00:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

my cure max with my current gear is 500+
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-30 00:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually looking at the pic now, OP, you have +83 MND, how are you getting that? MND+ spells and potion or something?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 00:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably food too
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 01:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

61 from gear I can see, I just did some testing on 150+ MND (in the other thread), total MND of 163 and 120 healing magic skill did 599, light staff should pump it up to 659. Looks like light arts does wonders, but it's still no more than 110HP above Magic Fruit, for 34 extra MP. The higher you push your MND and healing skill, the more that 100HP/34MP becomes less and less efficient comparatively.

If you're main healing, sure, it'll have it's uses both as a second cure, and as "holy ***the tanks about to die" cure. But I'd stick with Magic Fruit personally. If I'm converting as blu/rdm, it'll take three Magic Fruits to fill my HP, while 2 Plenilunes will get it about 200HP short.

In that scenario, Plenilune comes out 2MP ahead and comes out about half a second faster (with 33% haste and fast cast II)

So yeah, not including the attack/mab bonus, I find it's uses pretty limited. And as for the attack/mab bonus? Eh, it's too much MP to spend for the attack bonus alone, and kind of a weird addition to a cure spell imo. I guess if you're the main healer in a zerg (melee OR blm) then it'll have it's uses.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 01:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

While the curing is not too efficient I mean it does help add to peoples dmg at good moonphases that might be good enough for slightly less efficient cure. Assuming it isn't overwritten by other attack buffs those DDs are using
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 02:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Even at 100% full-moon, is it going to be worth the extra MP over Magic Fruit? Tough call, and of course will depend on the situation and how much they're attacking/nuking. I think it'll also come down to personal preference a LOT.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you break it down to efficiency assuming you could do partial cures same curing setup you posted those cures as you could magic fruit the same amount for about for about 20 less mp then the embrace.

So is that attack boost worth 20 mp? Meh who knows but if you got it to burn might as well
By semimmortal 2010-06-30 03:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub WHM ~> /ja "Divine Seal" <me>
Go.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 12:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Go.

il try this out
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 12:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

huh?
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-06-30 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that Magic Fruit costs one less set point too. I think Blazza's right, it's probably the better healing spell in most situations.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-06-30 12:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said:
Don't forget that Magic Fruit costs one less set point too. I think Blazza's right, it's probably the better healing spell in most situations.
but embrace also gives you 2 str for your DD spells. so that 1 point is 2 str which imho win.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I ever worry about stats on spells is when I'm going for an all out CASA build. Again, this is going to be situational, since I don't have a LS anymore and everything I do is solo/duo/low-man. This means that I set my spells to USE, not set five spells to enhance one. The exception to that being chaotic eye/zephyr mantle for conserve MP and plasma charge for refresh (I use actinic burst). Every other spell that I set, I use, and still don't have enough points to set everything I want to use.

The reason I'm highlighting this is because as I've mentioned, Plenuline is simply not as efficient as Magic Fruit. So you're wasting MP on your cures to add 2 STR's worth of damage to your spells, AND missing out on some other spell that you could have set as well. I know moar STR is a good thing, but get your priorities sorted, because that 2 STR ain't gonna do ***compared to what that extra MP and set point could do for you.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-06-30 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i take blu to events and only ever cure in emergencies so that little wasted mp for 2 str doesn't bother me that much since it wont be happening enough to be an issue.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-30 13:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Actually looking at the pic now, OP, you have 83 MND, how are you getting that? MND spells and potion or something?
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Probably food too

Nah, I'm pretty sure all that MND was overkill, and I used nothing special, I just set every possible spell that gave MND, and also had +63 MND in gear as mentioned previously. I'm not sure where the MND hard cap is, might if I have time I'll go test it out later.

Oh, and yes, Embrace is very MP inefficient as mentioned in another thread as well, I also have to wait until my HP is much lower than with magic fruit to cure myself, personally I still set magic fruit, it allows me to set the useful stuff like cimicine discharge and double attack, and since I'm only 3/5 assimilation currently I need all the extra points. Using embrace over fruit would be like using cure5 all the time over cure4, it's just silly.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Go.
here u go if Virtuosus was to try this he could break 1.2
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-30 13:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested the enmity gain on this spell? I was testing cure potency and was doing 650's and the pld was able to just flash it off me after each cure as opposed to magic fruit spam that gets me perma hate.

I'd like to see if it was just my missing something or if it really cures that much with so little hate gain.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 14:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Has anyone tested the enmity gain on this spell? I was testing cure potency and was doing 650's and the pld was able to just flash it off me after each cure as opposed to magic fruit spam that gets me perma hate.

I'd like to see if it was just my missing something or if it really cures that much with so little hate gain.

yeah you gain alot i stole hate from the PLD in CB fighting Headhunter
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-30 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
semimmortal said:
Sub WHM ~> /ja "Divine Seal" <me> Go.
here u go if Virtuosus was to try this he could break 1.2

Not trying to be a *** but i'm actually trying to help you out when i say...please toss the lolifrits blade...af @ 75 there is no excuse unless your macroing in afbody only...please G.ring are you serious...also if any of the blu up here are this guys friend how do yall have him running around looking like this come the *** on learn how to gear please @ lv 76 there is just no excuse...sorry just sayin'
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i use whatever gear hat i currently have on me so eat a *** yo
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-30 15:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok no prob just go over there in the back of the line with the rest of the gimp lolblu who have destroyed the rep of the job...based on your response i'm sure you'll stay gimp was just trying to give you some advice. No one magically knows how to gear and play blu but at the very least when you hit 75 you should do some research into the dam job. By you saying you use what ever gear you have on you is just a joke in itself...Blu is not a job where you can just slap on anything and expect to get top performance...and since you want to be an *** about i'm just going to be blunt as possible...DUDE YOUR *** BLU IS A JOKE DELEVEL TO 1 PLEASE YOUR KILLING US......
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:

Ok no prob just go over there in the back of the line with the rest of the gimp lolblu who have destroyed the rep of the job...based on your response i'm sure you'll stay gimp was just trying to give you some advice. No one magically knows how to gear and play blu but at the very least when you hit 75 you should do some research into the dam job. By you saying you use what eber gear you have on you is just a joke in itself...Blu is not a job where you can just slap on anything and expect to get top performance...and since you want to be an *** about i'm just going to be blunt as possible...DUDE YOUR *** BLU IS A JOKE DELEVEL TO 1 PLEASE YOUR KILLING US......

i find it sad that their are player like you that only seek to put most of the unluckt blue mages down cuz our lack of "Proper gear" im glad that there are ppl like Blazza willing to give me or others a hand without the Elitism so you sir can kiss my ***
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-30 15:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Ok no prob just go over there in the back of the line with the rest of the gimp lolblu who have destroyed the rep of the job...based on your response i'm sure you'll stay gimp was just trying to give you some advice. No one magically knows how to gear and play blu but at the very least when you hit 75 you should do some research into the dam job. By you saying you use what eber gear you have on you is just a joke in itself...Blu is not a job where you can just slap on anything and expect to get top performance...and since you want to be an *** about i'm just going to be blunt as possible...DUDE YOUR *** BLU IS A JOKE DELEVEL TO 1 PLEASE YOUR KILLING US......
i find it sad that their are player like you that only seek to put most of the unluckt blue mages down cuz our lack of "Proper gear" im glad that there are ppl like Blazza willing to give me or others a hand without the Elitism so you sir can kiss my ***

Sad thing is me and Blaz aren't the best of friends but i'm sure even he will agree with me on this one and if he is really your friend he would not have you running around looking like the mess you are...

1st you need 2 gear sets
1.tp: mainly acc and haste as much as you can. you can get a free C.Harness from camp battle. or go buy a scorp harness. ***s free or dirt cheap to make a decent tp set at this point will cost you 500k at most.
2.casting set for big 3 should consist of str and dex as much as you can and macro in af body. can easily get some decent stuff for 500k also.

So if you were interested in really learning the job and playing it well 1M will put you on a average level. IF you not willing to invest atleast 1M into a job then you really shouldn't be playing it. I'm sure every one up will agree with me.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-30 15:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Sad thing is me and Blaz aren't the best of friends but i'm sure even he will agree with me on this one and if he is really your friend he would not have you running around looking like the mess you are...

1st you need 2 gear sets
1.tp: mainly acc and haste as much as you can. you can get a free C.Harness from camp battle. or go buy a scorp harness. ***s free or dirt cheap to make a decent tp set at this point will cost you 500k at most.
2.casting set for big 3 should consist of str and dex as much as you can and macro in af body. can easily get some decent stuff for 500k also.

So if you were interested in really learning the job and playing it well 1M will put you on a average level. IF you not willing to invest atleast 1M into a job then you really shouldn't be playing it. I'm sure every one up will agree with me.

first of all Blaz and many others have giving me a lot of advice on gear and build and i have taken note to it all im having a hard time upgrading crap hell your right he would agree with you hell he even told me my hear needs some work but he wasn't such a *** about it really dude thats all i have to say im trying my best so dont fault me for that give me some *** credit
[+]
 Asura.Ewhenn
Server: Asura
user: Bukka
By Asura.Ewhenn 2010-06-30 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There are other ways of giving "advice" then straight up calling someone gimp however, might I mention you have PLD 75 and not even a swift belt? (Kalico)
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-30 15:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Sad thing is me and Blaz aren't the best of friends but i'm sure even he will agree with me on this one and if he is really your friend he would not have you running around looking like the mess you are... 1st you need 2 gear sets 1.tp: mainly acc and haste as much as you can. you can get a free C.Harness from camp battle. or go buy a scorp harness. ***s free or dirt cheap to make a decent tp set at this point will cost you 500k at most. 2.casting set for big 3 should consist of str and dex as much as you can and macro in af body. can easily get some decent stuff for 500k also. So if you were interested in really learning the job and playing it well 1M will put you on a average level. IF you not willing to invest atleast 1M into a job then you really shouldn't be playing it. I'm sure every one up will agree with me.
first of all Blaz and many others have giving me a lot of advice on gear and build and i have taken note to it all im having a hard time upgrading crap hell your right he would agree with you hell he even told me my hear needs some work but he wasn't such a *** about it really dude thats all i have to say im trying my best so dont fault me for that give me some *** credit

Like I said b4 you can easily go do some isnm bcnm farm ect..and get up 1M to invest in some gear that will bring you up to an average lv. ***go campaign battle and get a free cobra unit set its a half *** decent tp set and its free if you really want to improve yourself you would. No one said you had to get the best stuff but atleast get some decent stuff ***man you can solo cop now almost rajas is free....and i'll also assume you don't have sea spells which speaks for itself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4