Really Drgs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-05-28 10:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys.... I still use Dreizak over everything at 75. The +STR is clearly superior to any kind of DMG. You can argue with me if you want but I'm not going to listen. If you try then I'll just tell you that the parses do not lie (but don't expect me to ever post these parses or show any kind of math that it's better. I eyeball everything and OBV that is correct).

P.S. If you argue with me you're trolling and elitest so keep that in mind >.>

P.P.S. I don't need pizza in events. I have capped acc in full barone and don't tell me im wrong or you're an elitest ***. Have fun playing the game to aquire gear jerks because I for some reason play MMOs without any kind of goal structure or anything to look forward to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-28 10:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:
Attack does nothing to jump >.> Helps high jump tho.
wat
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-28 10:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, AF1 boots which give a 10% Attack bonus to Jump do absolutely nothing at all despite being specifically designed for Jump.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-05-28 10:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

...ugh -.- I hate the SAM-ification of DRGs, and how everyone thinks "omg stack str pwns, kk?"

For regular Jump, macro in your AF feet. I defy you to find something better than +10% atk in your foot slot. However, this will do nothing for High Jump or Super Jump.

VIT is applied via Damage*(1+(VIT/256)). This basically means 1 VIT = ~+0.4% damage on your Jump. Stacking it doesn't hurt, but you'd have to stack a substantial amount to see big differences. For example, +1 VIT on a 200 damage Jump = +0.78125 damage. This is why I don't bother with stacking VIT. Takes up space, limited use, and you can get similar results from Atk/STR, which you're already carrying.

On Attack not affecting jump damage: False. That's like saying Attack doesn't affect your damage at all. It will raise the minimum damage you do to mobs, just like any melee situation. Atk DOES have an impact.

Ultimately, I'd say pretend haste doesn't exist, and just build the strongest TP set you can with Haste not being a part of it. Cap acc, go for STR and ATK, AF feet. In my experience, High Jump seems less accurate than Jump. ymmv, and I have no numbers to back that, just what it seems like to me.
 Bahamut.Rocl
user: Rocl
By Bahamut.Rocl 2010-05-28 10:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

so what you are saying is

Take WS gear
add AF1 feet (Jump)
add AF2 legs (High Jump)
ignore Barone

and profit?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-28 10:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The extra TP from barone isn't necessary if you have a 6hit anyway.
 Bahamut.Rocl
By Bahamut.Rocl 2010-05-28 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

man, i can barely count to six don't complicate this with math
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-28 10:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:

Take WS gear
add AF1 feet (Jump)
add AF2 legs (High Jump)
ignore Barone

and profit?

Pretty much yeah in a nutshell.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-28 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:
man, i can barely count to six don't complicate this with math

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-28 10:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:

Take WS gear
add AF1 feet (Jump)
add AF2 legs (High Jump)
ignore Barone

and profit?
Pretty much. I think Wyrm Brais only enhance the hate shedding though, so that's your call.
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
The extra TP from barone isn't necessary if you have a 6hit anyway.
Depends on how you're getting your 6-hit, but if it's an Askar Korazin 6-hit you should arguably Jump in Askar anyway so it's retained regardless and Barone is still not worthwhile.
Quote:
For regular Jump, macro in your AF feet. I defy you to find something better than +10% atk in your foot slot. However, this will do nothing for High Jump or Super Jump.
It's a bit more than just the feet, but I'm pretty sure full Ares trumps mix-match due to the hefty stat bonuses and DA. I was under the impression AF1 affected High Jump too since it says "Enhances Jumps", rather than just Jump.
Quote:
VIT is applied via Damage*(1+(VIT/256)). This basically means 1 VIT = ~+0.4% damage on your Jump. Stacking it doesn't hurt, but you'd have to stack a substantial amount to see big differences. For example, +1 VIT on a 200 damage Jump = +0.78125 damage. This is why I don't bother with stacking VIT. Takes up space, limited use, and you can get similar results from Atk/STR, which you're already carrying.
To be fair, the only pieces where it's really even worth noting are Ares body/hands and maybe Bibiki Seashell, along with *not* Jumping in Aurum Cuirass if you can get away with it.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-05-28 10:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:

Take WS gear
add AF1 feet (Jump)
add AF2 legs (High Jump)
ignore Barone

and profit?
Assuming your WS gear with the mentioned swaps is still going to do okay on Accuracy, that would work, yes. Personally I favor atk in the TP phase and mods when I WS, haste non-withstanding. Leads to better DoT, which leads to better mob-die-now, which leads to good things.

Nothing like a decked out SAM and my gimp-*** DRG hitting a mob for one TP hit each, and I pull hate XD
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-28 11:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How a DRG should look btw (towngear obviously but very purple)!
 Bahamut.Rocl
By Bahamut.Rocl 2010-05-28 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My six-hit would probably come from some sort of terrible Rose, Rajas, Brutal set-up for eventual Magian OAT Polearm w/ the inclusion of a Chiv Chain for a 492 polearm. I don't have Aurum, or Askar so Nocturnus Mail will have to do for now.

w/o polearm merits, hasso, or food I should be sitting pretty at 385 acc with chiv chain :| Love Torque is probably a ways off--so any form of sushi or pizza should cap me for most things, no?

WS Gear is where I think I'll have the biggest problem as I have 0 neptunal pieces!

also idk how to quote this forum
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-28 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian OAT doesn't need Rose Strap to maintain your 6-hit as long as you're not picky about your setup being 1 STP short of a true 6-hit. Basically anywhere except birds it won't matter. 492 polearms are a different story. Nocturnus Mail works just fine, especially since you'll need the acc without merits.

Yeah, should be fine with pizza and maybe sushi if you're really hurting for accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-05-28 11:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's a bit more than just the feet, but I'm pretty sure full Ares trumps mix-match due to the hefty stat bonuses and DA. I was under the impression AF1 affected High Jump too since it says "Enhances Jumps", rather than just Jump.

I use Drachen Armet+1 on my jump macro and Wyrm pants on my high jump macro instead of full ares for both. The increased DA was statistically not hitting on jumps enough to justify it. I'm sure if i had continued to parse for weeks instead of hours it would have evened out but the increased "mix-match gear" damage on each jump was outclassing the occaisional large damage jump.
I never picked up AF+1 boots but the +attack from the NQ AF seemed to only work on "Jump".

Sorry if my reply is behind the conversation. I'm at work and typing a sentence or two at a time at work between doing things.

I have all (or most) of my DRG macros shared. Feel free to flame me or compare notes with me but I'm not talking out of my *** and I'm not the guy who's going to talk on the forum and then hide my gearsets and item lists.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-05-28 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and i use vfork/pole grip atm. My macros dont reflect weapon swaps because sometimes i leave my hands empty due to Charming chariots or (back in the day) doing Copycat KSNM etc etc
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-28 11:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of per-hit damage mix-match definitely wins; if Ares is superior it's because the DA also influences WS frequency.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-28 12:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm one that consider jump as extra damage too. I'm really aggressive with jumps (only waiting to use after ws if im one rounding away from 100tp) and this damage adds up by a lot. Like jumps is 10% of my total damage on high haste scenario. Pretty much like adding double attack from /war and it should have an even higher % on lower haste.

My jump set is my ws set with drachen greaves+1. It's no use wearing wyrm brais on high jump unless it's going to affect your crits decently (which means you don't have anything better and you should also use it on jump).

I see no reason to use stp body too. 5 stp will give less than 0.7tp and should not affect your xhit unless you are using a one hit ws (on this case you would also need to use said ws with stp body). But considering drg usually spam multihit ws's you would just need a single extra to proc to keep the xhit build (factoring tp loss on both ws set and jump set).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-28 12:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Redhead DRG! Needs pics really.

I would've liked Wyrm Brais on High Jump just cause the enmity shed for a small loss in damage (unless you have Heca Subligar) seems like a good tradeoff for me.

And yeah, I don't really see the use of Barone on Jumps either.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-05-28 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
It's no use wearing wyrm brais on high jump unless it's going to affect your crits decently (which means you don't have anything better and you should also use it on jump).

I don't wear them for the damage. To me losing the larger quantity of hate is noticeable. I normally WS then immediately High Jump. If i still have hate then i lose it noticeably faster than if i had not used Wyrm brais. This requires me to eat less feather tickles or put up seigan less frequently (or shadows depending where im at / what im doing), which to me far outclasses the extra 10 hit points i might strip off a mob. I realize I'm generalising a bit here but you should see my point.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-28 13:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but chances are you will not have hate after a normal high jump (if not, your other dds suck bad). It's not always that your high jump is up after a ws, and if you are saving high jump for when you have hate then you are loosing damage.

Hell on some events you won't ever have hate. One exemple i can give is einherjar. Mobs pretty much never melee me there and im only damaged due aoes, still, i'm on the top tier of dds in my shell.

If you don't have ares or heca, i think wyrm legs are a valid option for both jumps. Increasing crit and acc should be better than adding a small bit of att that dusk and barone provide.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-31 02:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt wanna open a new topic for that.

just a quick question - what gear swaps would you suggest for jumps? i know you need vit+ gear, but which pieces are most common?

tyvm in advance :D
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-31 03:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

just a quick question - what gear swaps would you suggest for jumps? i know you need vit gear, but which pieces are most common?

Not a dragoon Prodigy or anything, but any gear that increases TP gained on Jumps seems to be the most important if it brings you to that key WS point faster.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-31 03:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say STP and DA are best for Jumps but not 100% on that.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-31 03:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL your title Kimble XDD i want that too!!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-31 03:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The doctor is in 8)
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-31 03:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

which quest did you do to get that? :O !!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-31 03:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the quests you need to do before you can start to gut fish.

Really easy, will take you like, 10 mins to do, lol.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-31 04:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep enough STP to not screw up your x-hit build, then sub in your WS gear while maintaining decent accuracy. I can't really think of any VIT gear that's best to use instead of another piece BECAUSE of the VIT. But if the piece has VIT, it's a good bonus.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-31 10:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

just a quick question - what gear swaps would you suggest for jumps? i know you need vit gear, but which pieces are most common?

Not a dragoon Prodigy or anything, but any gear that increases TP gained on Jumps seems to be the most important if it brings you to that key WS point faster.
Only to the point that it maintains your x-hit. Anything beyond that is pointless.

Gear it like a WS with a VIT mod (Jump) obviously... there's really not a lot of places to throw in VIT though. I think Bibiki Seashell's the only less than obvious choice, Ares' Cuirass is a beast anyway... maybe the Gauntlets but I don't recall off hand how they stack up against Heca Mittens outside the full set. Avoid using Aurum Cuirass (if you have it) provided you don't need the accuracy from it.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11