BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
But Celine Dion was good in the 90's, let's not forget.

I remember that *** song from Titanic not going away for the entirety of 1998, an otherwise immaculate year in my life. I can't forgive that.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 13:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bieber? Nickelback? Celine Dion?
The Kardashians and Trump.

You sure you wanna play this game?

...I'm not sure you even know how this game works.

Those people are decidedly NOT being exported to Canada.

That's your fault for paying them millions! Don't blame us!

But that's my point!

We're helping Canada! Doing you favors!

And he says enslaved! Why, no one has even offered to bring me any poutine. :'(
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-27 13:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember that *** song from Titanic not going away for the entirety of 1998, an otherwise immaculate year in my life. I can't forgive that.
It's easily ignored if you listed to what she's done before, but it was in French so it's less famous overseas I guess.

There are easily 5-10 songs that would stick to your brain over My heart will go on if you knew her before. RIP English speakers.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 13:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*flute intro*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 13:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easily ignored if you listed to what she's done before, but it was in French so it's less famous overseas I guess.

There are easily 5-10 songs that would stick to your brain over My heart will go on if you knew her before. RIP English speakers.

No, I'm well aware of her...eh..."body of work."

I'm just not sure we agree upon the level of war crime "the Titanic song" was.

You're willing to forgive it. I'm still not sure we shouldn't have contacted the Hague.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 13:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looks like Nick Clegg nailed it: https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/will-wake-vote-leave/
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 13:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if the Lib dems play their cards right. They could get into parliament for the first time they could land in a position of power since the 1920s really (Ok i know they reformed in the 1980s, but my point stands).

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 14:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katsuras said: »
they were waiting to unleash their plans
Again, you guys speak as if those of us who are pro-EU should be somehow shocked or taken back by this.

This is what we want lol.
By volkom 2016-06-27 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 14:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you should be glad the UK left
You don't even understand our stances, this conversation is moot.

Germany and France
Lol. Hollande wishes.
By volkom 2016-06-27 14:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So question. If EU superstate is real. Does that mean Germans are no longer "German" and French no longer "French"? Do we just call them euros? Sounds like a huge loss of cultural identity
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-27 15:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
So question. If EU superstate is real. Does that mean Germans are no longer "German" and French no longer "French"? Do we just call them euros? Sounds like a huge loss of cultural identity
We will still call ourself Deutsche (originally from a negative word by the italians for us as far as I know), Austrians will still call us Piefke, the English will still call us Krauts, ect.
Same as the Bavarian, Hessian, ect.
Don't know how you will call us then, 'friends' would still be an unused option.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 15:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that americans of all people can't see the parallel is saddening. I swear if the USA tried to form today they'd be against.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that americans of all people can't see the parallel is saddening. I swear if the USA tried to form today they'd be against.

Yeah, a lot of people would be. Look at how many "states' rights" advocates there are just on this forum.

The fact the U.S. managed to form at all -- even back then! -- is kinda impressive.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-27 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
We will still call ourself Deutsche (originally from a negative word by the italians for us as far as I know), Austrians will still call us Piefke, the English will still call us Krauts, ect.
Don't know how you will call us then, 'friends' would still be an unused option.
I call you guys the great croissant crusher of 2014, after crushing france in le football.
(I'm sorry i'll go now)
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-27 15:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I call you guys the great croissant crusher of 2014, after crushing france in le football.
(I'm sorry i'll go now)
Before Reddit, [Le]Bron James was just known as Bron James.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-27 15:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

European superstate - I wonder what Mother Russia will think of that. They have a history of just watching their neighbours to the west do that kind of thing.
By Odinz 2016-06-27 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I wonder what the USA hawks will think of that too.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The loss of cultural identity -- or rather, the fear of it -- is one of the most power weapons a politician/leader/demagogue has in their arsenal because it suppose that someone wants to come along and take away said "cultural identity."

Which is patently ***. I think literally the only group who could really fear that right now on the planet are radical quasi-religious/political regimes like ISIS, where their "culture" includes so many basic human rights violations that anyone wanting to preserve that "cultural identity" is borderline-objectively most-correctly labeled as a monster anyhow.

The idea of unions -- be it the U.S., EU, or any other union real, conceptual, or imagined -- is to bring together the best parts of the traditions of all its member entities.

Even if it's something stupid that we can have good-natured arguments over, like which regional method of enjoying a hot dog is best.

Sure, there are problems in life no matter how we approach it, but the concept of these unions -- and I'd like to think I speak for most people here who are in favor of said unifications -- is that it offers the best of these traditions to all to be shared.

I know it's fashionable to hate on the U.S. a lot, and to criticize its problems, from without or within. I'm culpable myself sometimes of being overly-critical of my own country.

But even with its problems, it's got a lot of success going for it too through two-plus centuries of cultural blending, and I think you'll frequently see that both in the U.S. and around the globe that "Nationalism" -- which is basically just a positive way of saying "keep your shitty traditions out of our amazing culture" -- has very seldom helped anyone in the long run.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 15:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Actually, I wonder what the USA hawks will think of that too.
"*** YEAH 'MERICA!!"
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-27 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never understand how France can be a strong country seeing the state the country is in.

I just hope people don't expect us to be some kind of model or superpower, or whatever. It just doesn't fit.

The point was, the UK absolutely did not want this (nor do quite a few other nations) as shown by them voting against the Euro and schengen. So any uk voters who may of been second guessing, now you know what you voted out of. Not carrying on as you were but aggressive closer integration, until our nation would of been dissolved into the super state.

No thank you! This would of been our last chance and we took it, thank god.
Have*.

Have a good time, UK, or should I say, England. The only people angry at what you guys did are Scottish people who you pretty much shat on. And are happy to have done so.

Talk about being smart.

Nothing will be dissolved. Superstate is a political term. As much as our countries' culture have been mixed with things that aren't even "EU born", , they don't want to outright kill people's culture, it just makes no sense.

And whoever has lived/extensively visited various EU countries understands that there is a common thing between them, anyway.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 15:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
European superstate - I wonder what Mother Russia will think of that. They have a history of just watching their neighbours to the west do that kind of thing.

Yes, well, they were engaged in the very same thing at the time as well, more or less...
By Titanfoo 2016-06-27 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The person that made the OP must not have thought about the future...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are just jealous nobody calls your country "super"!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-27 15:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

"The Super State of Europe" sounds pretty good. Michael Bay could make a summer movie off it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-27 15:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a lot of people would be. Look at how many "states' rights" advocates there are just on this forum.

The fact the U.S. managed to form at all -- even back then! -- is kinda impressive.

Advocating states' rights is in no way anti-American government. It is simply a realization of the relationship that the national government is supposed to have with the states, as was understood by the founders. Comparing the EU to the relationship the states have with the US government shows a strong lack of comprehension. Don't even pull that crap just to take shots at Conservatives.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-27 15:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

"The Super State of Europe" sounds pretty good. Michael Bay could make a summer movie off it.

Shutter the windows, kids. Giant robots are coming to the historic landmarks near you, and you can bet they're not leaving without a lot of crushed cars and at least a dozen explosions.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30