BREXIT Just Happened...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 16:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a missing verb there? They fired people?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 16:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is there a missing verb there? They fired people?
Ah No. They said they would move 1k people to Paris, if Trade deals dont look good. Sorry
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36629745
theres the article. Sorry i've been writing all proper all day and now it's fallen apart XD
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-25 17:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Being Independent isn't a bad thing, but it does look extremely racist when the last 10 years of complaints about immigration have been aimed at the Polish. "The Polish are taking our jobs". I certainly remember people saying that. I Also certainly remember people saying "They come here, take our jobs and refuse to learn our language" too. Hmm, that looks pretty racist to me.

Which race exactly are they being racist against?

Also, it seems to me that people truly believe that the votes of "the older generation" don't matter for some reason, as if they don't have any kind of say in the matter. Everyone has a right to their vote, and their vote counts just as equally as any other.

No your vote only counts if it agrees with me, otherwise we need to have you shot or prevented from voting so that only "politically correct" votes happen. If you don't cast the "politically correct" vote then you must be a racist transphobic islamophobic uneducated bigot. This is "equality" under progressives.
Who is this directed at exactly? Who actually said this? Calling for people to be shot because of a disagreement would've certainly raised a few red flags and gotten a few reports.

Its just typical Saevel fueling that superiority complex of his with some nausi'isms drippled in. Its all garbage.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-25 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they will call a second referendum? Obviously buyer's remorse has fully set in and people have realized the entire "Leave" campaign was a fraud. Cameron and his party are still in charge so it could happen.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels bad not being able to go back to England for work only foreigners can do. I'm not looking forward going to Paris to do the same job that was much more fun to do in England.

I knew I should have visited Stonehenge while I had time.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626553

Quote:
The mayor of Calais wants changes to a deal which allows Britain to carry out immigration checks on the French side of the English Channel, after a UK vote to leave the EU.
Natacha Bouchart said Paris must act after Thursday's referendum in which the UK voted to leave the EU.
"The British must take the consequences of their choice," she said on Friday.
Under the 2003 Touquet deal, Britain can carry out check in Calais to stop migrants trying to get to Britain.
Ms Bouchart said: "We are in a strong position to push, to press this request for a review and we are asking the President (Francois Hollande) to bring his weight (to the issue).
"We must put everything on the table and there must be an element of division, of sharing."
Meanwhile, Xavier Bertrand, the president of Hauts-de-France region where Calais is located, said: "The English wanted to take back their freedom: they must take back their border."
The French authorities had warned before the referendum that a vote for leaving the EU could see a camp with thousands of migrants being moved from Calais to British soil.
The British authorities have made no public comments on the issue.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 17:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I wonder if they will call a second referendum? Obviously buyer's remorse has fully set in and people have realized the entire "Leave" campaign was a fraud. Cameron and his party are still in charge so it could happen.
Considering they'll still be "punished" if they run a second referendum and vote the opposite, I don't really see the point.

England is better off going on their own and trying to make it work. The silent resentment toward UK (England specifically) has been unleashed and while they're not Turkey level of hate, they're not really in the "welcome back, we missed you" category.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

EU referendum petition signed by more than 2.5m

Quote:
More than 2.5 million people have signed a petition calling for a second EU referendum, after the vote to leave.
It has more signatures than any other on the parliamentary website and as it has passed 100,000, Parliament will consider it for a debate.
The UK voted to leave the EU by 52% to 48% in Thursday's referendum but the majority of voters in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland backed Remain.

[...]

A House of Commons spokeswoman said the petition was created on 24 May. There were 22 signatures on it at the time the referendum result was announced.
She said the petition site had temporarily gone down at one point following "exceptionally high volumes of simultaneous users on a single petition, significantly higher than on any previous occasion".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 17:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys but you were warned..there is no going back.

Crocodile tears now.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys but you were warned..there is no going back.

Crocodile tears now.
From my prospective. People where not. Most of the stuff on TV, especially on BBC, was just the political behind the scenes drama. The Information needed wasn't easily accessible.
"Go google it". But even on google it wasn't there. And the BBC are supposed to be a neutral party, but where largely promoting the leave campaign.

there where lots of issues. >:
Makes Lina sad. Because i see the same thing happening with trump, i see that information flooding the news, and nothing about other parties.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 17:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I was talking about the stance of the Union. They said multiple times "if you vote leave there is no going back". There is no way they'll listen to reasons now.

Obviously I share your sentiment on how it went, but now it's late I think.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly Yes. But mmm We'll see what the youth end up doing dependent on press talks as the weeks go on.
Not quite sure we'll see.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 17:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10153842562976939/

70% of their town voted to leave for similar reasons.

I'm not bashing England, though, as other countries in EU have the exact same kind of people. But, because there is a but, unlike England (I really don't like to say UK based on votes), the EU countries do not have a "we are in a closed country/on an island" feeling/mentality, since we actually live on the same ground and our cultures are intertwined at every corner.
England chose to leave because they reached a point where their people thinking like Americans were allowed to take power through vote. Because people who want to live on an island with only their village (not even city, because London is the direct opposite, cheers London), finally were able to make this dream come reality.

So, based on that, what's that second referendum for? To make up for people who voted stupidly? Like, "Oh, I didn't know we were gonna win", "Oh, I didn't know about the actual signification of leaving", "Oh, they lied to us?!".

Let people go through with their feelings and build a better future for their country, as they wished.

As much as I wished very strongly for UK to remain in Europe, you can't ***on your coworkers and then come clean their face a week later and ask them to act as if nothing happened.

TL;DR: Good luck, England.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I was talking about the stance of the Union. They said multiple times "if you vote leave there is no going back". There is no way they'll listen to reasons now.

Obviously I share your sentiment on how it went, but now it's late I think.
What do you think about an Itexit?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, iirc; if I read correctly, Farage wanted a second referendum if Remain won the first one.

I say do best 4 out of 7.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 17:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Farage said he'd apologise "sorry, I was wrong" if he lost the referendum. I haven't seen anything about a second, though.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-25 17:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Italy is financially stable enough to go it alone, seeing what happened to the UK's stock market will likely keep anyone from trying to leave.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I don't think Italy is financially stable enough to go it alone, seeing what happened to the UK's stock market will likely keep anyone from trying to leave.
According to Google cards from various news outlets, Italy is telling the EU to change or risk collapse.

[Source]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I believe Farage said he'd apologise "sorry, I was wrong" if he lost the referendum. I haven't seen anything about a second, though.
[Source] on that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 17:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer ExItaly™.

Anyway as I explained in the thread about nationalism: a referendum to leave the EU is not possible in Italy. Our constitution doesn't allow this kind of referendum.

It could happen only if the nationalist party were to win elections(the leader already jumped on it the same day as brexit to tell everyone how we're going to do it too!!!)

Thankfully we don't even have imminent elections(unless Renzi resigns in october - he said he would if the constitutional reform wouldn't pass).

That being said, it would be incredibly demented of us to leave the EU. Especially considering we're even tied to the € and so are directly dependant on the BCE. You see what happened to Greece right? The central bank just closed the gates and they went belly up.

Bringing back the almighty Lira would be just idiotic.

tldr: Italy will not leave the union even if it means just us, Germany and Benelux.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-06-25 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[Source] on that.
This is actually coming not just from our side.
Some policies have to change at the EU parliament, that much is obvious.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ExItaly™
This implies that it was formerly Italy though.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-25 17:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[Source] on that.
I wonder how this guy managed to have any credibility, being this much of a sore loser.

Also, how come we can't edit posts anymore?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 17:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My favourite is AustriaLaVista.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-25 17:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure the Germans, French, and Dutch really value Italy's opinion, lol. Just wait until they win the trade negotiations with whats left of the UK, assimilate Scotland, and hammer out a good trade deal with the US, they will be fine. The only people that stand to suffer are the Brits.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 17:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer ExItaly™.
I prefer ITALEAVE HAR HAR HAR
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-25 17:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have Italian Lira from my trip in the 90s, I remember the exchange rate was like 180k-1. I basically said 20 US dollars for everything wherever I went, most of the time I got what I wanted.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-25 17:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, how come we can't edit posts anymore?
Rooks saw that people would edit in mass amounts of stuff after posting something, rereading it, then thinking "I'll sound stupid if I don't put a wall of *** under that, explaining why Hillary is really a Brazilian born Nazi clone of a feminized Hitler." So he disabled it in P&R.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 29 30