user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-02-28 11:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just hope they stay away from Colorless souls, lol

Edit: New Page! Hi Mom!!!
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean reforge had better god damn be locked behind a 'Superior II' job gift.

Letting some *** who has burned to Lv99 on a job get access to what could well be a game-breaking or rather job-breaking armor set with close to no effort would be a serious "*** you" to some.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-02-28 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not this ***again...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 12:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell good does making it su2 do.

You can unlock su2 faster, and with less effort than getting 99 burned in abyssea.

People can drop your afk leeching *** from an abyssea party. No player can stop you from botting Job Points.

SuI/II/III/IV/V doesn't mean anything. There is no "worthy" anymore. There's no "skilled an unskilled" there's just lazy and motivated.

You either have 99 and you gearswap your way to eliteness, or you don't.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 12:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
What the hell good does making it su2 do.

You can unlock su2 faster, and with less effort than getting 99 burned in abyssea.

People can drop your afk leeching *** from an abyssea party. No player can stop you from botting Job Points.

SuI/II/III/IV/V doesn't mean anything. There is no "worthy" anymore. There's no "skilled an unskilled" there's just lazy and motivated.

You either have 99 and you gearswap your way to eliteness, or you don't.
Wat.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-02-28 12:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't you hear? Su2 takes less than four hours
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-02-28 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »

10 glavoid shells for head
10 apademak horns for hands
10 Azdaja Horns for body
10 Carabosse for legs
10 buhkis wings for feet

10 chloris buds for head
10 isgebind hearts for hands
10 Alfard fangs for body
10 Briareous helms for legs
10 sedna tusks for feet

notice how they kept each body part in one zone? get that 109 and 119 done together!

God I hope not...
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »

10 glavoid shells for head
10 apademak horns for hands
10 Azdaja Horns for body
10 Carabosse for legs
10 buhkis wings for feet

10 chloris buds for head
10 isgebind hearts for hands
10 Alfard fangs for body
10 Briareous helms for legs
10 sedna tusks for feet

notice how they kept each body part in one zone? get that 109 and 119 done together!
I cannot see them making us go back to old Abyssea zones to make 119+ equipment. If the areas were revised to be higher level or if they add new areas entirely then I'd see this being plausible.

I suspect it will be materials from Varagy and the crafting materials from Morta and Bismark as well as two new drops from Ig-Alima and Botolus Rex.

Similar to Relic process but slightly different.
By ryukin182 2015-02-28 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

100% agree with this. It was already easy to dual box every single mob in abyssea pre ilvl, it would be super boring to go back to something thats even easier. All those trade ??? bots would come back to the point you don't even see the ??? pop, you just see the NM appear.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-02-28 12:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like doing VW to get those Pil Tuilles and whatnot for your relic 119 is any way harder than going back to Abyssea.

Actually, given the time it may take to simply build a single NM pop (which, other than by Gold box burning, requires you to farm/camp other NMs for their KIs, potentially facing competition over a single, lame ??? pop spot), Abyssea may prove a greater cushion to the upgrade spam we experienced through the 18 ppl VW runs these days.

SE is repurposing all of its events around these armor upgrades, so Abyssea and its af3, along with Legion, which came out on top of the Abyssea era, seem just about right on time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 12:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like doing VW to get those Pil Tuilles and whatnot for your relic 119 is any way harder than going back to Abyssea.

Actually, given the time it may take to simply build a single NM pop (which, other than by Gold box burning, requires you to farm/camp other NMs for their KIs, potentially facing competition over a single, lame ??? pop spot), Abyssea may prove a greater cushion to the upgrade spam we experienced through the 18 ppl VW runs these days.

SE is repurposing all of its events around these armor upgrades, so Abyssea and its af3, along with Legion, which came out on top of the Abyssea era, seem just about right on time.

Speaking of... I went back to tahrongi to finish the last last 2 empyreans I needed... I was so *** bored after just capping lights that I didn't bother killing a single Chloris... I capped lights and left. Almost wish they would use abyssea so I can just buy the last 60 buds... but there's no way they will use those items to make reforges (buds/shells/horns/hearts).
By palladin9479 2015-02-28 12:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be 10/8 of REM pages plus one item. That item will probably come from the later Voidwatch's, Legion (god I hope not) or some new content. I highly doubt it'll be from Abyssea though I do enjoy trolling people about Abysesa-Ceizek, Abyssea-Morimar and Abyssea-Yorcia.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 12:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »

Letting some *** who has burned to Lv99 on a job get access to what could well be a game-breaking or rather job-breaking armor set with close to no effort would be a serious "*** you" to some.
This is stupid. If leveling to 99 takes no effort, then why gaining more exp afterwards does? It's the same exact method.

Get off the proverbial tall equine.
[+]
By Bladeknight1983 2015-02-28 12:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a feeling ***like briarus's sash or kulukukan skin will be upgrade items. just like how VW had those useless cuticles/tulile's etc drop.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 13:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually just-in-cased a few of each nm drops while leveling alts I wouldn't mind if it was emp weapon items or the nms respective craft mat
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-28 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the part where SE made gear and job levels no longer count as an indicator of a good player or accomplishments. Even Mythics arent an accomplishment now.

this idea of gear making you special because you have it is dead and gone.

likely superior gear will remain crafted gear to give the crafting mules gil, but emp reforge will be the same ***. chapters then some random old *** crafting mat that no one cares about anymore.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-28 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

I think you missed the part where SE made gear and job levels no longer count as an indicator of a good player or accomplishments. Even Mythics arent an accomplishment now.

this idea of gear making you special because you have it is dead and gone.

likely superior gear will remain crafted gear to give the crafting mules gil, but emp reforge will be the same ***. chapters then some random old *** crafting mat that no one cares about anymore.

Gaining gear was never an "accomplishment" we all just thought it was because at the time we were much younger and nieve the truth of the matter is we were driven by this notion and in turn we gave countless minutes,hours,days,weeks,months and eventually years to something that never really mattered to begin with exp is exp reguardless if it's pre 99 or pri 99 and it never took any effort the effort you speak of is better related to as time spent or wasted whatever term or truth you prefer now back to gear if you think or thought spending a year in dragon's Avery to get a blue sword was an accomplishment or better yet going to dynamis twice a week for a year to create a weapon that you could boast about was an accomplishment then let me be the first to congratulate you on your overall stupidity and short sidedness
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-28 13:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch the Empyrean 119 reforges take like 10 Chloris Buds, or 10 Glavoid Shells, etc. Just so people can *** about farming pops for them again. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 13:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine: worst case scenario for empyrean reforges...

Now, think of anything that could POSSIBLY make it worse.

Congratulations, you're still wrong, it gets worse.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-28 13:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
It will be 10/8 of REM pages plus one item. That item will probably come from the later Voidwatch's, Legion (god I hope not) or some new content. I highly doubt it'll be from Abyssea though I do enjoy trolling people about Abysesa-Ceizek, Abyssea-Morimar and Abyssea-Yorcia.
Wouldn't mind a Vw SoA to go along with that Aby-SoA and maybe even some HNM SoA. New Aby zones could focus on ilvl NMs over xp since we alrdy have enough of that in old zones. Not a bad idea imo.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-28 13:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Watch the Empyrean 119 reforges take like 10 Chloris Buds, or 10 Glavoid Shells, etc. Just so people can *** about farming pops for them again. :P

Farming pops in abyssea is easier than farming rems. With all the ilvl gear 99.9% is soloable.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 13:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »

Farming pops in abyssea is easier than farming rems. With all the ilvl gear 99.9% is soloable.

Soloable, yes, but surely way more time consuming than ch1-5.

Ch6-10, i guess most people should have a good amount stored ready to use.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

100% soloable even with 0 atmas
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 13:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a select few mobs even require you to be there to kill
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-28 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing the pops wouldn't be the hard part. Farming the KIs with dozens of people competing for the same NMs during the new content rush, however....
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-28 13:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good all the asshats that miss hnm days can dat mod abyssea to look like the aery and live out their past glory
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-28 14:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Killing the pops wouldn't be the hard part. Farming the KIs with dozens of people competing for the same NMs during the new content rush, however....

Think of back when 2-3 LS's would be competing for the same NM back when Abyssea was big. Then multiply that by 50, since no one needs LS's for the NM's any more because they can solo everything.

/cheer!
By Chyula 2015-02-28 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the ilvl empy upgrade require 20+ pulse cells in any combination.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I hope the ilvl empy upgrade require 20+ pulse cells in any combination.

Oh, that's brutal... I like it... allow me to also add, an additional 50 crystal petrifacts to this. and 1million crour, cause, why not.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14