New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New version update march/2015
New version update march/2015
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
By fonewear 2015-02-28 14:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping 2 years from now game is better cause I'd like to play again.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 14:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I hope the ilvl empy upgrade require 20+ pulse cells in any combination.riftcinder
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 14:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Hoping 2 years from now game is better cause I'd like to play again.

For some time you have been expressing you want to come back.

You should just come back. Probably you will get bored in a week, but damn, at least you can fix that feeling you have.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-28 14:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the thing I don't want to come back and be bored in a week.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That is the thing I don't want to come back and be bored in a week.

Better to end in delusion in a week than living for months with false hopes.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-02-28 14:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Chyula said: »
I hope the ilvl empy upgrade require 20+ pulse cells in any combination.

Oh, that's brutal... I like it... allow me to also add, an additional 50 crystal petrifacts to this. and 1million crour, cause, why not.
I can see SE just trolling this thread right now with wicked pleasure.
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lyncath said: »
Empyrean reforge had better god damn be locked behind a 'Superior II' job gift.

Letting some *** who has burned to Lv99 on a job get access to what could well be a game-breaking or rather job-breaking armor set with close to no effort would be a serious "*** you" to some.
This is stupid. If leveling to 99 takes no effort, then why gaining more exp afterwards does? It's the same exact method.

Get off the proverbial tall equine.

Job Points are as fast/easy to get as Limit Points now?

Got ya'
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 14:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter if it's faster or not. Exp gain is exp gain. I reiterate my sentiment towards your post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-02-28 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that's brutal... I like it... allow me to also add, an additional 50 crystal petrifacts to this. and 1million crour, cause, why not.

Totally banked 500 Petrifacts and two stacks of Silver Mirrors and Riftsand just in case back when RF first started.
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter if it's faster or not. Exp gain is exp gain. I reiterate my sentiment towards your post.
Seems to me that Job Points are the new way SE is intending players to 'level up' since they do not want to go beyond Lv99 for obvious reasons.

That people gain new Gifts and what translates to higher teirs of Job Traits as they gain more CP kind of reinforces this.

Is it alright for some player to burn a job to Lv99 in the space of a day and then get the best gear (perhaps, nobody knows the stats yet) for that job right away? No, that's game breaking.

Beginning to see why some of the development team went on record saying they hate what Abyssea has done to the game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And they can leech jp just like they leeched levels. Nothing is different cause both are gained through exp.

Oh but that sure changes everything about the ability of the player!!
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-28 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is it alright for some player to burn a job to Lv99 in the space of a day and then get the best gear (perhaps, nobody knows the stats yet) for that job right away? No, that's game breaking.

Beginning to see why some of the development team went on record saying they hate what Abyssea has done to the game.
Because it wasn't possible to do that before abyssea?
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 15:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And they can leech jp just like they leeched levels. Nothing is different cause both are gained through exp.

Oh but that sure changes everything about the ability of the player!!

How does someone "leech jp" like people "leeched levels" without violating the ToS and getting ban-hammered? According to a certain thread on this very forum people are getting banned for exactly that. Goes to show how *** lazy Abyssea levelling is when someone can get that many levels and it's absolutely not against the ToS.

Yes, there is a difference. One gets Limit Points a lot faster than they do Capacity Points. Why do you think we have people on here suggesting SE add a way of converting excess Limit Points to Job Points? Levelling up via Capacity/Job Points to me seems like SE's way of fixing the damage Abyssea did to the levelling process. The genie is out of the bottle already so they can hardly put a level requirement on Abyssea now, I'm not advocating that. What I do not want is to see someone practically "Master" a job gear-wise in the space of a few *** days.

With regards to your other comment. If a person has a lot of job points invested in a job I'd be willing to wager that they have at least a semi-decent if not very good grasp of their job's mechanics having taken the time to explore it. That is certainly not the case all the time and if I meet people who are exceptions to that personal rule I am sure to remember them.
By Chyula 2015-02-28 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:

Because it wasn't possible to do that before abyssea?

you mean all those moon gate camp I was playing with a bots in pt?, god damn it mofo I knew it cuz the damn tank never keep hate.!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 15:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea butthurt stuff
No. Spending stupid amount of hours killing bats doesn't make you good at a job.

And I never said anything about botting. Exp has been leeched since way before the existence of aby. It doesn't magically become a test of skill now that millions of it are required.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea butthurt stuff
No. Spending stupid amount of hours killing bats doesn't make you good at a job.

And I never said anything about botting. Exp has been leeched since way before the existence of aby. It doesn't magically become a test of skill now that millions of it are required.

Ah, the strawman. Was wondering how long it'd take for that to appear. Sure, you didn't mention botting job points but that is what people have been getting banned for apart from Salvage stuff.

True, killing the same mob over and over doesn't make you good at a job but the increase in stats you get for the practice makes your job stronger than someone who isn't wanting to do the same. Am I wrong?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 15:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What strawman? You mentioned bans, that's why I addressed botting.

As for exp being the same before as it is now is what I said from the start. Maybe you don't know what a strawman argument is.
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 15:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What strawman? You mentioned bans, that's why I addressed botting.

As for exp being the same before as it is now is what I said from the start. Maybe you don't know what a strawman argument is.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-28 15:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what it is. You don't apparently since I didn't deflect my argument.
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-02-28 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ill reactivate in march. Dont feel like building the new gear that came out since empy gear will likely outdo it for monk. 5/5 was the business before. maybe itll reestablish itself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-02-28 15:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell good does making it su2 do.

You can unlock su2 faster, and with less effort than getting 99 burned in abyssea.

People can drop your afk leeching *** from an abyssea party. No player can stop you from botting Job Points.

SuI/II/III/IV/V doesn't mean anything. There is no "worthy" anymore. There's no "skilled an unskilled" there's just lazy and motivated.

Is the argument that they should abolish the entire experience point paradigm from RPGs, because leveling is almost never difficult historically in Square RPGs.

Would people be ok if they raised the hard level cap from 99 to 199 and you could only level up in SoA zones? That's exactly what job points are. I don't see why it's an issue now when it wasn't from 1 to 99. Almost all of us spent stupid amounts of time killing Colibri.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-02-28 15:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is saying getting level 199 would be hard. People are right that it'd be easy and some people would find a way to cheese it. With that said, this is a MMORPG and leveling is a prerequisite. Some of us enjoy leveling into new spells, job abilities, traits, weapon skills and gear.

I don't think anyone is saying attaining higher levels would be difficult, but some aspects of it are fun, or none of us would like this game(or any RPGs). Job Points are just an extension of this and I don't understand the difference between them and leveling up normally.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-28 15:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
because leveling is almost never difficult historically in Square RPGs.

Almost all of us spent stupid amounts of time killing Colibri.

Except for people that leveled before toau? In that square rpg called final fantasy XI where, btw, leveling was kind of hard.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What people are overlooking is that CP is related to mob level, not DIFFERENCE in mob level vs player level like exp. The import of this is, as they release better and and better gear, harder mobs will become easier, and harder mobs grant more CP. Lets say you're a 117 geared player, you might be only able to chain 114 butterflies for 290-380CP per kill. But get better gear and now you can do lv 122 mobs which give 600-700. The amount of CP required to get a job point is still 30,000, but you can acquire them more efficiently. Compare to exp, where at 75, it was deroved from difference between your level and the target, so it was the same 150-330exp from 1-75. As they raise gear stats and introduce higher ilvl mobs, CP will be exponentially easier to get, compounded with gifts granting +90% cp, Cp+50% mantles etc. wouldnt be surprised if i can solo it++ mobs now that acro is giving me +80ish acc that i didnt have before, would be nearly 1k cp per kill solo, 30 mobs for 1 job point. CP before long will be easy enough to obtain, you guys arent realizing the curve is going to rise steeply soon enough automatically as they create better gewr and harder mobs. They don't need to adjust the base. It's a self correcting system.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-02-28 15:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone think grinding exp is a way to help you play the job better really need to have their head check.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-28 16:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They also mentioned new spells, so lets speculate(wish they were adding new JA too...)

Stun II
Flash II
Temper II
Stoneskin II
Aquaveil II
Blink II
Foil II
Poison III
Bind II
Madrigal 3, Mambo 3, Prelude 3, March 3, Elegy 3
Elemental debuffs II
Helix II
Klimaform II
Raise IV(they said they were thinking of this about a year ago, differs from Arise in that it has same weakness time but unlike Arise which still cuts exp, raise4 would have no exp penalty)
Indi-regain
Adloquium II
Refresh III(ref2 is what like 7/tick compared to geo's 10, and ghorn brd's 21)

Would like to see a few more blu spells but tbh i'm pretty content with blu right now. We have dw5, haste2, tourbillion is fixed, and cdc is strong as hell. Cant ask for anything for blu because right now, compared to most jobs, our toolbox is a absolutely immense. Blu has come a long way since 75 subbing nin and using headbutt/disseverment.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14