Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-27 09:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bellincion said: »
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
May be time to reactivate

Do it! The best monk I have ever had the chance to party with on fairy and then on sylph! He did help many times with my up and coming monk.

find any polyps in there?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 09:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
dustinfoley said: »
Odin.Bellincion said: »
May be time to reactivate

Do it! The best monk I have ever had the chance to party with on fairy and then on sylph! He did help many times with my up and coming monk.

Erm thought you were perma banned via your own posts in salvage ban?
Nope. I deactivated of free will.

Deactivated in December and still have the option to reactivate (just went to SE management site now)

How fast do you think you can catch up in gear and content?

EDIT: Nevermind, you're not that far behind based on when you cancelled.

It takes a few days to catch up, since new skirmish gear took a steaming dump on most everything else.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-27 09:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the truth. And I haven't even messed with augmenting any of the other armor sets. Helios has had my full attention.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-02-27 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

They should continue to just add scaling content levels. Most of the people in my linkshell are the highest end players. We were all happy about how difficult iLvl 140+ incursion was. The only problem was, rewards need to scale with the difficulty or there's no point in doing it.

I agree with this. This is what we would like, "as part of vocal minority". Continue with scaling content levels based on participants with a max of 18 and match the rewards difficulty with it.

For example: clearing Lvl 140+ incursion should let you pick the augments you want on your cape, maybe use up KI for it. Or lets say stellar fulcrum, VD should be idk 20% chance for haub and have it scale down respectively at lower lvls of 10%, 5%, 3%, 1%. If that doesn't work add items or gear exclusive to VD fights like maybe a linen purse or hmp pouch.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-27 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's also why I really enjoy this new skirmish, it actually introduced strategic play where I'm not killing the target directly. Hell the enemy monsters would tear apart even a super invincible PLD. And while it still has some stat X vs Y, strategy is far more important to reward acquisition then having BRD's, CORs and GEO's give me 1300+ accuracy, 2000+ attack and 80% haste.
Wat. The new event is literally killing fodder over and over. Strategic? The event is so beyond easy that you can win 5/5/5 with a bunch of eminent wand Blus dying over and over. If your Pld would get torn apart by fodder elements I have to wonder what kind of super invincible Pld you have.

People want events that scale reward to difficulty and aren't faceroll. The event doesn't have to be as hard as Delve 1 release, Delve 2 was 6 man not very hard even on release and is still one of the most popular events. The events they've added lately (Unity and Yorcia) have been beyond faceroll generally, to the point of where on a lot of Unity mobs the only reason you wouldn't solo/duo them is that it requires you to have 3 people.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-02-27 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It takes a few days to catch up, since new skirmish gear took a steaming dump on most everything else.

What's the new skirmish gear called by the way? I haven't been keeping tabs on new gear. Even though I deactivated in December, I haven't played since September (which is why deactivated. Only logged in for login points and to buy a windbuffet+1 in October when the price plumetted)
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-27 09:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yorium, Arco, Helios and Telchine

New Stuff.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-02-27 10:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Having trouble finding any augment pages for them though (That's what I missed about original wiki. Had a lot more info than bg wiki in terms of an item page (It'd display where you got it, how much it npc's for, augments, etc. etc.))
By sleven77 2015-02-27 10:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

They should continue to just add scaling content levels. Most of the people in my linkshell are the highest end players. We were all happy about how difficult iLvl 140+ incursion was. The only problem was, rewards need to scale with the difficulty or there's no point in doing it.
Let me guess, all using gearswap/windower? You guys are shouting for more challenge, but at the same time you use 3rd party tools that make the game easier.

Hear hear!! ^^
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-27 10:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

sleven77 said: »

Let me guess, all using gearswap/windower? You guys are shouting for more challenge, but at the same time you use 3rd party tools that make the game easier.

Hear hear!! ^^

just stop, you're using an illegal site to post about illegal tools. shouldnt you be out, discovering adventure or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 10:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Having trouble finding any augment pages for them though (That's what I missed about original wiki. Had a lot more info than bg wiki in terms of an item page (It'd display where you got it, how much it npc's for, augments, etc. etc.))

Here is the bg wiki page. It's a bit confusing and in no way complete.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Alluvion_Skirmish_Armor
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 10:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hear hear!! ^^

The fact that you can't understand the difference between "cheating" and "augmenting the user interface of a decrepid system that was subpar when it was introduced" is utterly laughable.

This is why Blizzard welcomes the mod community. Look at their most recent update this very week; several of the more popular mods were adapted into the game's native UI.

SE is doing this too. About eight years too late, but they're finally catching on.

So...cram it. Seriously. Or go ahead and keep patting yourself on the back with a smug sense of satisfaction for playing poorly for a decade using the native UI.

But if you're going to do the later, do it silently. Because no one who cares about playing well cares about what you have to say on the subject.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 10:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Hear hear!! ^^

just stop, you're using an illegal site to post about illegal tools. shouldnt you be out, discovering adventure or something.

Not to mention frequenting job guide threads that originally used parsed data in order to determine damage formulas. The data in those spreadsheets? Those came from "cheaters" too.

You'd pretty much have to be a priest to believe in this "holier than thou" nonsense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-02-27 10:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Having trouble finding any augment pages for them though
Alluvion Skirmish Armor

NPC prices etc. would have mostly been written by hand, if you want the info there someone needs to go and collect the info then add it

On item pages there's a link "Pages which reference this item" middle of the page under the title or you can click "What links here" under the tools at the bottom of the left frame. These links can help you find any additional information that has been collected

edit: I'm slow, multitasking etc
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 10:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly more on topic, I can say that I hope the new Empy gear incorporates new drops and not just the same pages/craft mats that have been used for artifact and relic equipment upgrades.

It will be nice to throw moderate augments on the Skirmish gear and then just use that to upgrade superior Empyrean gear, assuming that the Empyrean upgrades keep in line with the Artifact and Relic gear. I've always had an affinity for the job-specific gear. Feels better than everyone looking mostly the same in their heavy/light/DD mage/support mage gear.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
It's also why I really enjoy this new skirmish, it actually introduced strategic play where I'm not killing the target directly. Hell the enemy monsters would tear apart even a super invincible PLD. And while it still has some stat X vs Y, strategy is far more important to reward acquisition then having BRD's, CORs and GEO's give me 1300+ accuracy, 2000+ attack and 80% haste.
Wat. The new event is literally killing fodder over and over. Strategic? The event is so beyond easy that you can win 5/5/5 with a bunch of eminent wand Blus dying over and over. If your Pld would get torn apart by fodder elements I have to wonder what kind of super invincible Pld you have.

People want events that scale reward to difficulty and aren't faceroll. The event doesn't have to be as hard as Delve 1 release, Delve 2 was 6 man not very hard even on release and is still one of the most popular events. The events they've added lately (Unity and Yorcia) have been beyond faceroll generally, to the point of where on a lot of Unity mobs the only reason you wouldn't solo/duo them is that it requires you to have 3 people.

Hahaha
You just proved my point about that event and it's wonderful that you don't even know it.

It's not stat X vs stat Y and so a BLU who has read a little bit can actually be useful vs requiring a bunch of BRD / GEO / COR to buff you above the monsters stat. And yes PLD's get facerolled in there, the vicious monsters have such ridiculous stats that no amount of shield or defense is going to save you for long. They hit by buffed RDM for over 700 in full PDT gear. A PLD could probably hold one to three of them, but they attack in waves and get much larger then three, I've seen huge furballs involving dozens of our mobs vs dozens of the enemy mobs. The event only seem easy to that same vocal minority who seeks to utilize every advantage and cheese every event, PUGs fail it constantly. In fact at this very moment I'm on skype with an Idris GEO who got stuck in a PUG full of players being idiots and failing miserably. They throwing thunder nukes on earth elementals and such. They will get a few floors done and get something, but they aren't going anywhere near what our static group does at a full treasure pool.

As for rewards, I make millions of gil worth of stones on every run and now pass all the armor because I already got 5/5 on everything. So there is scaling difficulty in the form of each floor being successively harder while each floor add to your treasure pool. The difficulty scaling is just not what your used to, it's not stat X vs stat Y, it's not about how many RME DD's with super buffs you can throw at the event, but about the players researching, knowing strategy and most importantly communicating and making quick decisions.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
this made my day. so spent millions on skirmish gear to be out done next version lol... lol... next set of upgrades will cost so much and everyone is throwing away their gil on random ***. SE is a genius.

I don't normally agree with you.

Sieha, that mean you screwed big this time.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-27 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hear hear!! ^^

I love how people come here, use this site to look up server prices on items, then complain about others using 3rd Party tools. Do they honestly think that someone sits at the AH for each server all day constantly scanning prices manually?
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 10:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »

What they really want is to make the game slightly "hard" for them but impossible for "everyone else". They want some rewards from this content that makes them so much better then everyone else that they can gloat and feel superior. Most of the people who take this position invest their ego and self esteem in how special / powerful / highly regarded their character is. Yes that is how pathetic they are in real life, that their character's status in a fictional universe takes on a higher value then real life accomplishments. They need this validation or they feel empty and discontent, it's impossible for them to just enjoy the game purely for the entertainment it brings. Slaughtering 1000 monsters is a fun way to relieve stress, as long as it doesn't generate more stress in the process. Casuals or even semi-hardcore players who happen to have real lives don't want even more stress in their lives. I have things to do, business deals to work around, projects to finish, technical documents to write, boss's to manage, and forums to post in. I worry enough about keeping our large multi-million USD contract customers happy, why the hell would I want more stress in my life? If the game became stressful I would just drop it, as would the vast majority of players, and fill that vacuum with some other entertainment activity to the detriment of SquareEnix's profit margins and stock price.

To paraphrase:

Hard core players are bad because they invest their egos.

However, if hard-core players are rewarded handsomely, casual and "semi-harcore" players will experience stress and quit. They, however, do not invest their egos and are reasonable, well rounded people.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahahahaha

... Invest ... sure .... thanks for letting everyone know where your energy and priorities in life are.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-27 10:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:

Hahaha
You just proved my point about that event and it's wonderful that you don't even know it.

It's not stat X vs stat Y and so a BLU who has read a little bit can actually be useful vs requiring a bunch of BRD / GEO / COR to buff you above the monsters stat. And yes PLD's get facerolled in there, the vicious monsters have such ridiculous stats that no amount of shield or defense is going to save you for long. They hit by buffed RDM for over 700 in full PDT gear. A PLD could probably hold one to three of them, but they attack in waves and get much larger then three, I've seen huge furballs involving dozens of our mobs vs dozens of the enemy mobs. The event only seem easy to that same vocal minority who seeks to utilize every advantage and cheese every event, PUGs fail it constantly. In fact at this very moment I'm on skype with an Idris GEO who got stuck in a PUG full of players being idiots and failing miserably. They throwing thunder nukes on earth elementals and such. They will get a few floors done and get something, but they aren't going anywhere near what our static group does at a full treasure pool.

As for rewards, I make millions of gil worth of stones on every run and now pass all the armor because I already got 5/5 on everything. So there is scaling difficulty in the form of each floor being successively harder while each floor add to your treasure pool. The difficulty scaling is just not what your used to, it's not stat X vs stat Y, it's not about how many RME DD's with super buffs you can throw at the event, but about the players researching, knowing strategy and most importantly communicating and making quick decisions.
So your Pld would die fighting the mobs you aren't meant to fight? The whole strategy of the run is to fight fodder mobs not engage the hard mobs, even your Pld can live against the fodder mobs. That's basically as "strategic" as fighting mobs in limbus immune to H2H with your H2H. The failure rate in pugs in my experience is surprisingly low given how little the general pug knows what they are doing. You can flail around on an applicable job and still win easily, the only time I ever see losses are due to extremely spread out mobs on late floors.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 10:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahahahaha

... Invest ... sure .... thanks for letting everyone know where your energy and priorities in life are.

I don't play. Nice try!
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-02-27 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking strictly from my point of view as BRD main, I for one am really excited they are finally adding AF3 to reforges. BRD has always been one of the jobs that gets ALOT out of its AF sets, and now with iLvl AF3, it will be easier to survive singing in the midst of the enemy.

Every BRD out there knows what I'm talking about... That few seconds you're exposed because your set cycles to the 3/5 AF3, and the 2 pieces of iLvl you do have on don't always cut it. Well, its comforting to know that will no longer be a factor.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-27 11:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

*** finally!
I can't wait for this!
March having empyrean armor...
Means that RUN and GEO will have their fake!empyrean armor sets!
(And poor fools who expect RUN and GEO to have empyrean accessories.... No Relic accessories, no empyrean.)
Here's hoping to either Luopan perp down or regen+ for GEO's empyrean set bonus...
As for RUN... Can we just copypaste PLD's? PDT is RUN's weak point... And healing from PDT would help mitigate that. (Also since PLD has one of the better empy set bonuses wherein it doesn't punish you for not having 5/5.)

Also: totes calling it now: either the five slot items for 119ing empyrean sets will come from the Xol fight (most likely since so far slot mats have been Adoulin content) or the job specific mats will be from it (more likely abyssean NM mats since the job mats have been "old" content).
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-27 11:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Speaking strictly from my point of view as BRD main, I for one am really excited they are finally adding AF3 to reforges. BRD has always been one of the jobs that gets ALOT out of its AF sets, and now with iLvl AF3, it will be easier to survive singing in the midst of the enemy.

Every BRD out there knows what I'm talking about... That few seconds you're exposed because your set cycles to the 3/5 AF3, and the 2 pieces of iLvl you do have on don't always cut it. Well, its comforting to know that will no longer be a factor.
Another job that should benefit heavily from this is Rng, they got zero gear from Unity and largely exist on a mixture of AF, Relic, and Divine Might gear. Most importantly Rngs were pretty *** with STP because of the absolute necessity of Tripuido, Kyu, or other extremely contested and rare battlefield items. Sylvan Bragues already had STP+9 on the old version and if they keep the STP should be a huge boon to Rngs trying to hit their STP marks. Also the hands/boots already have pretty amazing stats, with ilvl they will be great, the head/body are already still used for snapshot!
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 11:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahahahaha

I play no more than 2-3 hours on days I play, and I play -- maximum -- five days a week.

Meanwhile, I have a very good full-time job, and engage in other hobbies and a robust relationship with my wife.*

[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 11:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now your being obtuse lol.

Typical difficulty in FFXI is get highly geared DD's together and then buff them with a combination of BRD, GEO and COR until their stats are higher then the target monster's stats. You then have a WHM babysit them spamming aoe cures while they tear the NM apart with their superior dice rolls. This as known as "zerging" and something lots of people lamented against and so SE did a strategy where the made the boss so powerful that it would destroy such an attempt. So then we resorted to using stuns to prevent the boss from destroying our roided DD's. Then SE, in an attempt to prevent that, made their NM's immune to stun with the same powerful moves, thinking they had finally forced us to fight "strategically". We then proceed to use ranged DD's with a specific relic that enabled them to deal damage with no or nearly no enmity buildup while staying out of range of the damage from the NM. Fighting the NM at close quarters, like SE intended, was never a favored strategy.

And so finally SE has given up on trying to counter our buff DD zerg strategy and instead designed an event where that doesn't matter. And even then, PEOPLE STILL TRIED IT. People actually tried buffing a bunch of DD's then using a GEO or SMN to hold the initial mobs as the melee's zerged down the stronghold.

This event, more then any others, has forced players to stop doing "buff DD kill now". The winning of the event is no longer about how many Idris GEO's or REM BRDs you have, but how much people read and cooperate. Hell you have just proved my point so completely that it's funny. You don't even see it do you. When judging people you first judged them by their gear and not their ability. You judged the difficulty by the stat requirements (have X or Y to win) vs judging them by the cooperation or how much attention they paid, even though the even has almost no correlation to stat requirements. And because the events stat requirements are so low as to be almost irrelevant, you judged it to be "easy" vs actually looking at the coordination and teamwork required to get get a full inventory of drops from it. Getting to the end of a 555 pop, getting that full 10 items in the shared inventory and 10 in your personal inventory, that is the difficulty. Seeing how many floors you can go up after killing the boss, just to see how far you can push it even with a full pool, that is difficulty. No amount of BRD, COR, GEO or WHM can help you win, in fact those jobs buffs are entirely ignored. It's down to pure player skill, knowledge and coordination.

That is how much this is making me laugh. SE finally released content with true difficulty and players have been so conditioned to think dice rolls = difficulty that they can't even recognize it.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-27 11:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
this made my day. so spent millions on skirmish gear to be out done next version lol... lol... next set of upgrades will cost so much and everyone is throwing away their gil on random ***. SE is a genius.

I don't normally agree with you.

Sieha, that mean you screwed big this time.

If you think about it. SE is really just preping the smart players for this update.

Dumb people spending millions on random ***augments which are given to players that dont and instead are the ones selling the items for millions.

then new update comes out and who has money to have the new gear day one? the smart ones that avoid this random bs but instead make gil off it.

Dont think I am screwed, it's the rest of the people who ate up this random bs like it was great. Selling skirmish items is great gil. I am happy they added a worthless event for people to waste their efforts on.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14