Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-27 13:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Crevox said: »
or all the battlefields on VD.

Think I've done most, if not all of these.

Incursion not quite so much, but none of us actually like Incursion.
I like Incursion but with the last update they also made it entirely useless. You also need to have some sort of reward from the content or it's not going to normally be done. It's always a balancing scheme making content hard enough without blocking people out of rewards.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 14:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
or all the battlefields on VD.

Think I've done most, if not all of these.

Incursion not quite so much, but none of us actually like Incursion.
I like Incursion but with the last update they also made it entirely useless. You also need to have some sort of reward from the content or it's not going to normally be done. It's always a balancing scheme making content hard enough without blocking people out of rewards.

I just want new tactical content that uses a balanced party and the totality of the challenge doesn't consist entirely of "here's a mob with a lot of defense and HP throwing out constant donkey-raping, ***-eating TP moves that reset hate and lock your ability to function".

Edit: inversely, most of those VD battlefields can just be beaten with a superbuffed zerg. Not all, but many. That's not exactly ideal either.
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-27 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
So you just admitted to sinking 10~15 hours per week, 40~60 hours per week, 520~780 hours per year into a game with zero real life benefit? Think long and hard about how much wasted time that is and how much you invest your ego into that. And you do invest your ego into that otherwise you wouldn't of replied defensively. And from this heavy time investment into fictional storytelling you derive some sort of ego boost / internet social status vs real status from some accomplishment that has meaning. This ego boost has such value to you that your demanding a company provide you with it even to the detriment of many others.

I will do a simple thought experiment to demonstrate the insanity here. Right now put everything involved with the game down and go to a random public place, a mall or other location. Strike up a conversation with a random person and tell them about your in game "accomplishments" and how much that difficulty means to you.

Just do it, then watch the look on their face. And that's how we see you.

Why do you even play this game anymore? Your posts read like you would have more fun playing Ms. Pacman. Serious question.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 14:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw

Siren.Sieha said: »
I am laughing at the present.

By palladin9479 2015-02-27 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Well, ok then:

As for rewards, I make millions of gil worth of stones on every run and now pass all the armor because I already got 5/5 on everything.
+

=

Right now put everything involved with the game down and go to a random public place, a mall or other location. Strike up a conversation with a random person and tell them about your in game "accomplishments" and how much that difficulty means to you.

Just do it, then watch the look on their face. And that's how we see you.

Who is "we" again?

Never said I sold em, you made that part up on your own.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 14:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

+ means together smart guy!

It means that in addition to running the content yourself, you buy drops from others in order to get the best gear.

That means you can go to the mall and try your little "thought experiment" out yourself because you're no different from anyone "hardcore."

I'd expect more from someone that regularly calls others obtuse.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o?

Your trying too hard man.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 14:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o?

You're trying too hard man.
ftfy

Really? You mean you don't go home and tell your parents about the wicked augments you got?

Damn! I thought you were all about the rl card.

Or some kind of false sense of superiority....

The plot thickens!
By fonewear 2015-02-27 14:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hard core players are bad because they invest their egos.

Hahahahaha

... Invest ... sure .... thanks for letting everyone know where your energy and priorities in life are.

I play no more than 2-3 hours on days I play, and I play -- maximum -- five days a week.

Meanwhile, I have a very good full-time job, and engage in other hobbies and a robust relationship with my wife.*

Hobbies does drinking alone count as a hobby ?
By mortontony1 2015-02-27 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I feel like drinking alone should always count as a hobby.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 14:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's called "day-care."
By fonewear 2015-02-27 14:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

and bucket loads of other additions and adjustments.

OP: Bucket loads of other additions translation login campaigns !
[+]
By runeghost 2015-02-27 20:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

sleven77 said: »
Wordspoken said: »
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

They should continue to just add scaling content levels. Most of the people in my linkshell are the highest end players. We were all happy about how difficult iLvl 140+ incursion was. The only problem was, rewards need to scale with the difficulty or there's no point in doing it.
Let me guess, all using gearswap/windower? You guys are shouting for more challenge, but at the same time you use 3rd party tools that make the game easier.

Hear hear!! ^^

The fact that you can't understand the difference between "cheating" and "augmenting the user interface of a decrepid system that was subpar when it was introduced" is utterly laughable.

This is why Blizzard welcomes the mod community. Look at their most recent update this very week; several of the more popular mods were adapted into the game's native UI.

SE is doing this too. About eight years too late, but they're finally catching on.

So...cram it. Seriously. Or go ahead and keep patting yourself on the back with a smug sense of satisfaction for playing poorly for a decade using the native UI.

But if you're going to do the later, do it silently. Because no one who cares about playing well cares about what you have to say on the subject.
*amused* You remind me of a teacher I knew that said "If you aren't cheating, you don't care enough".
I did not find that a good example to be showing his students - again; in a position as a teacher to his students.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-27 20:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

and bucket loads of other additions and adjustments.

OP: Bucket loads of other additions translation login campaigns !

forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45492-Two-Handed-WS-Update?p=536049#post536049

It is after the bst update so... maybe? I know as a drk I hope so.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2015-02-27 21:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
For now the answer to anything "difficult" is a simple "throw more GEOs at it". They demolish almost any dangerous stat a mob could have into soft pillows.

Personally I don't like how their only method of making things difficult is inflating stats, especially evasion, to absurd levels to reduce your DPS. Whatever happened to challenging (not cryptic, but challenging) mechanics? HNMs in the early days weren't hard because you had floored accuracy, they were hard because they used threatening attacks or abilities that you had to prepare for and react to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-27 21:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dag I'm late to this party. Gonna summarize these events:

Saevel, this how you look right now:

Empyerean reforge:

If these use Rem chapters, then my original expectation that the REM name of the kid on the chapters as indicative of "Relic/Empyrean/Mythic" was accurate. Looking forward to RUN empyrean! Hope it looks gahlike.

Also new content sounds cool. For those who are hating on the skirmish augment bandwagon, oh well. I enjoy doing whatever content they release at the moment, and whatever rewards that are accumulated are just fiction anyway. If my augments become worthless soon, and i didn't make millions, who cares? the "millions of gil" you speak of are in-game currencies that have no real-life value, so nothing was really lost if I enjoyed the content and rewards that I have.

Stop being so morbid with the updates. We don;t know what to expect.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-27 21:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All I want is absorbs to not decay.

Forget the pipe dreams and genie-wishes you people seek to call from the universal ether.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-27 22:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to say that in your batman voice.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-27 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care for Batman much.
He is more of a Ninja.

I was more of a fan of:
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 23:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
they were hard because they used threatening attacks or abilities that you had to prepare for and react to.

Those exist.

Players just cast Stun and they don't happen.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-28 01:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
He is more of a Ninja.

I was more of a fan of:

I prefer...

By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 02:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
He is more of a Ninja.

I was more of a fan of:

I prefer...

I prefer

By palladin9479 2015-02-28 08:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
they were hard because they used threatening attacks or abilities that you had to prepare for and react to.

Those exist.

Players just cast Stun and they don't happen.

And back in HNM days they didn't exist at all. People took forever because they had zero clue how game mechanics worked due to SE being completely obscure with them. Once enough tested had been done and game mechanics were known, everything boiled down to buffing a bunch of DPS and throwing them at the HNM while WHM's cured you and a PLD or two would be there in case you needed to hold it and recover. The best groups even started to low man those same HNMs. You'd have a RDM do CSS if there was a particularly deadly moment in time, sometimes multiple RDM's would chain it together. This game has never been difficult, the only difficulty existed in the metagame. Thankfully the EGLS monopoly on good gear was broken with Abyssea. Now the game is about small groups of players who know each other well and work together to accomplish stuff. No LS bank, no DKP, and no sack being a d!ck and giving the best loot to their friends. That probably pisses the vocal minority off the most, they can't keep other players from getting the same stuff they do.
[+]
 Shiva.Dawezy
Server: Shiva
user: Dawezy
By Shiva.Dawezy 2015-02-28 09:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping they make it same process as the current AF/Relic reforging..

All the empy armor was based on Abyssea content yeah? So no need to make us fight delve and do skirmishes, legion w/e.

Hell this might even breathe a bit of life back into Abyssea if they do this right.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-02-28 11:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Shiva.Dawezy said: »
Hoping they make it same process as the current AF/Relic reforging..

All the empy armor was based on Abyssea content yeah? So no need to make us fight delve and do skirmishes, legion w/e.

Hell this might even breathe a bit of life back into Abyssea if they do this right.

I think they'll tie it to the new battle system they announced along with it. Abyssea is pretty easy because it was designed for level 90 really. I think voidwatch and level 99 came out about the same time. The only issue with abyssea really is getting procs, you used to have parties of people working together for procs and one guy would have an abysscite of discernment. Now you need a nin or war if you wish to solo red procs. And you need a black mage sub bard for yellow procs. And a monk if you want blue procs. Leveling up 3 jobs just to solo abyssea seems silly. Of them, the red procs are most important for clears and blue is needed still for some gear as it won't even drop without a blue proc iirc. Epona's Ring I think drops but very poor rate.

Abyssea was 80 and 85 cap before the final 90cap.
Voidwatch was 90cap on
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-02-28 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not entirely unlikely that the 1st upgrade to 109 will require something Abyssea related, but for the 119 AF3 we will probably have to get either something entirely new or something related to the latest events (perhaps the new Skirmish?)

If you look at the mats that are required to upgrade AF1 and AF2, you will notice they start off from basic, common mats, to High Tier BCs/VW/Delve drops.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 11:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty good chance, that the mats will be legion (scarletite/ormolu/staghorn) for 109 (yes 109 lame) and new event 119.

At, least, potentially... i highly doubt it will have anything to do with abyssea, unless we're talking kukulkan skins, regurgitated wings etc.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-02-28 11:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Pretty good chance, that the mats will be legion (scarletite/ormolu/staghorn) for 109 (yes 109 lame) and new event 119.

It's probably a good guess. That would explain the recent requirement changes to Legion ( 1 man entry iirc? )
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 11:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If its the same pattern, lv109 empy will require itens that can be ah-able.

If it will really be an abyssea item, i just can think of some mega boss drops from first trio of abyssea that were used to craft: briareus, kulkulkan and glavoid. It would need to add some extra drops from others mega boss to fit all usual 5 kind.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14