Forum » FFXI » General » New version update march/2015
New version update march/2015
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 11:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
palladin9479 said: »
Quote:
Hard core players are bad because they invest their egos.

Hahahahaha

... Invest ... sure .... thanks for letting everyone know where your energy and priorities in life are.

I play no more than 2-3 hours on days I play, and I play -- maximum -- five days a week.

Meanwhile, I have a very good full-time job, and engage in other hobbies and a robust relationship with my wife.*

So you just admitted to sinking 10~15 hours per week, 40~60 hours per week, 520~780 hours per year into a game with zero real life benefit? Think long and hard about how much wasted time that is and how much you invest your ego into that. And you do invest your ego into that otherwise you wouldn't of replied defensively. And from this heavy time investment into fictional storytelling you derive some sort of ego boost / internet social status vs real status from some accomplishment that has meaning. This ego boost has such value to you that your demanding a company provide you with it even to the detriment of many others.

I will do a simple thought experiment to demonstrate the insanity here. Right now put everything involved with the game down and go to a random public place, a mall or other location. Strike up a conversation with a random person and tell them about your in game "accomplishments" and how much that difficulty means to you.

Just do it, then watch the look on their face. And that's how we see you.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahahahaha

... Invest ... sure .... thanks for letting everyone know where your energy and priorities in life are.

I play no more than 2-3 hours on days I play, and I play -- maximum -- five days a week.

Meanwhile, I have a very good full-time job, and engage in other hobbies and a robust relationship with my wife.*

So you just admitted to sinking 10~15 hours per week, 40~60 hours per week, 520~780 hours per year into a game with zero real life benefit? Think long and hard about how much wasted time that is and how much you invest your ego into that. And you do invest your ego into that otherwise you wouldn't of replied defensively.

How much time do you spend playing?

How much time do billions of people spend vegetating in front of a television, interacting with no one, building no skills, having no appreciable impact on the world?

Playing an MMO for a handful of hours a week I engage in teamwork while chatting and hanging out with people I've forged strong friendships with through the years. Just like an old-fashioned group of friends hanging out and playing poker over beers and cigars. And what's more, I've had positive impacts on people's lives via our meeting in XI, and similarly, they on mine.

But more to the point, why are you even posting here with opinions about a game that you consider worthless? Quit entirely and stop playing?

If you're going to do anything, be it MMO'ing, a musical instrument, writing -- ***, banana eating, for all I care -- take some *** pride in what you do.

Playing ANY game in and of itself is, based upon your statement here, an utter waste of time. Yet there you are doing it at all.

Whatever you do, do it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

But don't fall into the tired old trap of "people who play worse than me are scrubs, people who play at a higher level than me are mama's basement dwellers with no lives, lol!"

That's such a pathetic mindset that it's not funny.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 11:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahahahaha

So you just admitted to sinking 10~15 hours per week, 40~60 hours per week, 520~780 hours per year into a game with zero real life benefit? Think long and hard about how much wasted time that is and how much you invest your ego into that. And you do invest your ego into that otherwise you wouldn't of replied defensively. And from this heavy time investment into fictional storytelling you derive some sort of ego boost / internet social status vs real status from some accomplishment that has meaning. This ego boost has such value to you that your demanding a company provide you with it even to the detriment of many others.

For someone claiming to have fantastic RL priorities, you make an awful lot of LONG forum posts.

Many re-use the word "firstly" leading me to believe that no one reads what you write.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 11:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
this made my day. so spent millions on skirmish gear to be out done next version lol... lol... next set of upgrades will cost so much and everyone is throwing away their gil on random ***. SE is a genius.

I don't normally agree with you.

Sieha, that mean you screwed big this time.

If you think about it. SE is really just preping the smart players for this update.

Dumb people spending millions on random ***augments which are given to players that dont and instead are the ones selling the items for millions.

then new update comes out and who has money to have the new gear day one? the smart ones that avoid this random bs but instead make gil off it.

Dont think I am screwed, it's the rest of the people who ate up this random bs like it was great. Selling skirmish items is great gil. I am happy they added a worthless event for people to waste their efforts on.

I just meant that, if valli agreed with, probably isnt something good.

But talking serious, i dont really aggre with you by trying to foresee a future that may or not may be, agaisnt a present that is right there and its solid. Valli is the same, keep comparing a possibility against a reality, and says the possibility is more true than reality.

Well, if the possibility result true, im already aware who will laugh of us who are happy with new set.

But please, if youre wrong, dont forget to come back for us to laugh of you also.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-27 11:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Now your being obtuse lol.

Typical difficulty in FFXI is get highly geared DD's together and then buff them with a combination of BRD, GEO and COR until their stats are higher then the target monster's stats. You then have a WHM babysit them spamming aoe cures while they tear the NM apart with their superior dice rolls. This as known as "zerging" and something lots of people lamented against and so SE did a strategy where the made the boss so powerful that it would destroy such an attempt. So then we resorted to using stuns to prevent the boss from destroying our roided DD's. Then SE, in an attempt to prevent that, made their NM's immune to stun with the same powerful moves, thinking they had finally forced us to fight "strategically". We then proceed to use ranged DD's with a specific relic that enabled them to deal damage with no or nearly no enmity buildup while staying out of range of the damage from the NM. Fighting the NM at close quarters, like SE intended, was never a favored strategy.

And so finally SE has given up on trying to counter our buff DD zerg strategy and instead designed an event where that doesn't matter. And even then, PEOPLE STILL TRIED IT. People actually tried buffing a bunch of DD's then using a GEO or SMN to hold the initial mobs as the melee's zerged down the stronghold.

This event, more then any others, has forced players to stop doing "buff DD kill now". The winning of the event is no longer about how many Idris GEO's or REM BRDs you have, but how much people read and cooperate. Hell you have just proved my point so completely that it's funny. You don't even see it do you. When judging people you first judged them by their gear and not their ability. You judged the difficulty by the stat requirements (have X or Y to win) vs judging them by the cooperation or how much attention they paid, even though the even has almost no correlation to stat requirements. And because the events stat requirements are so low as to be almost irrelevant, you judged it to be "easy" vs actually looking at the coordination and teamwork required to get get a full inventory of drops from it. Getting to the end of a 555 pop, getting that full 10 items in the shared inventory and 10 in your personal inventory, that is the difficulty. Seeing how many floors you can go up after killing the boss, just to see how far you can push it even with a full pool, that is difficulty. No amount of BRD, COR, GEO or WHM can help you win, in fact those jobs buffs are entirely ignored. It's down to pure player skill, knowledge and coordination.

That is how much this is making me laugh. SE finally released content with true difficulty and players have been so conditioned to think dice rolls = difficulty that they can't even recognize it.
Sure, 8 months after Delve 2s release and our gear has near doubled in power the majority of people can and do buff up and DD zerg to some success. Was this the case back when it was released? Hell you still can't ignore many mechanics. Foret, Morimar, Ceizak, Marjami, and Kamihr STILL require strategies beyond buff and zerg. Things like Craklaw in Foret, Mata in Morimar, Mastop in Ceizak require strategies beyond buff and zerg. I could just as easily said "Blu spamming subduction on wind elementals" instead of Eminence wand and it would have applied. Nothing is hard about 1-2 shotting elementals over and over, you could just as easily buff and zerg the event but because it's so simple there's absolutely no point. The only thing they forced players to do was pay less attention because of how mind numbingly easy and simple the new event is. The event is basically play your own game of soloing DC mobs, how is this cooperation when compared to delve? This argument is laughable.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-27 11:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
I think I remember sometime in the past hearing something about empy reforge would be over 119. I can't confirm it, maybe someone else can?
100% ***.
People would spout that nonsense when Matsui stated that all three would be equal waaaaaaay back when RF1 was first introduced.
People seem to link empyrean sets with a level increase... As if empyrean sets caused it... Rather than the circumstantial simultaneity of them both happening at the same time. (AF2+2 has a higher level than AF3+2... CLEARLY it must be 120 and RF3+1 will only be 119. See how absurd and stupid that logic is when applied?)

Lyncath said: »
Also suspect that Empyrean reforge will be 'Superior II' equipment, that's the only way I can see them keeping the set bonuses on the pieces.
And here we have the other end of dumb.
No.
The set bonuses on empyrean sets range from good to utter super ***.
They are NOT OP enough to warrant "su2"...
And the base gear without the set bonus is, for the most part, really lack luster when compared to either of the two RFs we have now.
The set bonuses should be adjusted so that they work like salvage+1 and NNI gear. Eg: you get something for 2/5 and you just get better with more.
Best example is the worst of the empy set bonuses: SMN.
You're actively punished for anything less than 4/5 by the virtue of its effect being a proc of a proc of a proc.
BLM has is almost as bad... But nowhere near as bad as SMN.
But since when did +10%DA from 5 pieces of gear warrant 300+JP spent?
That's not +10%/piece. That's +10% total.
That's ***by today's standards... And even back then it wasn't something "superior".
The set bonuses for some jobs were really good... But for a bunch of them, they demanded 4~5/5 or you might as well not have a set bonus to begin with, for how rarely you'll never see the effect.
If the relic sets not only keep their augments in RF form... But GIVE YOU IT FOR FREE, then it's the height of stupid to think that empyrean set bonuses should demand anything for their strength.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 11:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But more to the point, why are you even posting here with opinions about a game that you consider worthless? Quit entirely and stop playing?

Because it brings me great enjoyment and I value my enjoyment quite highly. Yes I'm selfish like that.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 11:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
The set bonuses on empyrean sets range from good to utter super ***.
They are NOT OP enough to warrant "su2"...

As they are currently constituted this is true, but they did some major overhauls on artifact/relic gear. They very well may here, too.

I'd take SPII requirement as something to work toward if they're really awesome. If the Corsair is good I'd love to see the time I blast off a proc on a Quick Draw with Death Penalty. Gimme those 5-figured Quick Draws on normal mobs...
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Because it brings me great enjoyment and I value my enjoyment quite highly. Yes I'm selfish like that.

Actually, it's because you have nothing better to do.

Which is the ultimate irony!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Then how in the rutting hell are you going to sit here and look down upon anyone else who plays, regardless of how much -- or in what fashion -- they play?

I don't like to throw the word "hypocrite" around the forum in P&R or game threads, because I know I can be one myself sometimes, but seriously.

You're being a bit of a ***.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This buds for you

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-27 11:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
this made my day. so spent millions on skirmish gear to be out done next version lol... lol... next set of upgrades will cost so much and everyone is throwing away their gil on random ***. SE is a genius.

I don't normally agree with you.

Sieha, that mean you screwed big this time.

If you think about it. SE is really just preping the smart players for this update.

Dumb people spending millions on random ***augments which are given to players that dont and instead are the ones selling the items for millions.

then new update comes out and who has money to have the new gear day one? the smart ones that avoid this random bs but instead make gil off it.

Dont think I am screwed, it's the rest of the people who ate up this random bs like it was great. Selling skirmish items is great gil. I am happy they added a worthless event for people to waste their efforts on.

I just meant that, if valli agreed with, probably isnt something good.

But talking serious, i dont really aggre with you by trying to foresee a future that may or not may be, agaisnt a present that is right there and its solid. Valli is the same, keep comparing a possibility against a reality, and says the possibility is more true than reality.

Well, if the possibility result true, im already aware who will laugh of us who are happy with new set.

But please, if youre wrong, dont forget to come back for us to laugh of you also.

However, I am laughing at the present as well as the probable future as well.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

History repeats itself. Its not hard to predict the future when you know the past.

remember when we used to spend 400mil gil to increase the damage of a weapon by 5-10 points or gain access to a minor change in ws damage.

The game has cycles. Periods where sidegrades and minor changes to gear occupy the common folk until SE makes a major change. Then when the major change comes then gear actually is a major increase or change vs minor wastes of effort.

If you all want to keep playing this game like its an iPhone then go for it, spend stupid amounts of money on the latest greatest thing that is only a minor change.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 11:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Then how in the rutting hell are you going to sit here and look down upon anyone else who plays, regardless of how much -- or in what fashion -- they play?

I don't like to throw the word "hypocrite" around the forum in P&R or game threads, because I know I can be one myself sometimes, but seriously.

You're being a bit of a ***.
A bit?!?
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-27 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

such gold, you should win a prize.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 11:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
A bit?!?

You may be forgetting the bar is set pretty high given I hang around P&R so much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-27 12:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Long angry post!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 12:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Long angry post!

Longer angry retort!
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ok then:

As for rewards, I make millions of gil worth of stones on every run and now pass all the armor because I already got 5/5 on everything.
+

=

Right now put everything involved with the game down and go to a random public place, a mall or other location. Strike up a conversation with a random person and tell them about your in game "accomplishments" and how much that difficulty means to you.

Just do it, then watch the look on their face. And that's how we see you.

Who is "we" again?
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-27 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Long angry post!

Longer angry retort!

Why must you thwart me at every turn....
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 12:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I will do a simple thought experiment to demonstrate the insanity here. Right now put everything involved with the game down and go to a random public place, a mall or other location. Strike up a conversation with a random person and tell them about your in game "accomplishments" and how much that difficulty means to you.

All that proves is my hobbies mean as much to them as their interset in HAM Radio or the world of amateur bull riding means to me.

My father-in-law has a history of major awards in lumberjack competitions. Do you think the average person at the mall gives a damn, or would do anything but make fun of him for it?

But in the circles he runs in, they're impressive feats.

Same thing here.

Edit: Also, what in the flying, *** image of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene do I care what anyone who hangs out at a mall things? You know what I think of people who hang around in malls for fun?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 12:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Long angry post!

Longer angry retort!

Because *snide insulting comment*!
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 12:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Long angry post!

Longer angry retort!

Because *snide insulting comment*!

Someone give this man some aloe vera because he just got BURNED!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 12:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

However, I am laughing at the present as well as the probable future as well.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

But there is also:

"Who laughs last, laughs best"
 Lye
By Lye 2015-02-27 13:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Or

[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-27 13:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said earlier let's have a content where the elite can beat it but still challenging and the next group of well geared (non mythic or idris) can beat it as well.

Let's not have something where the best of the best can barely beat the content.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-02-27 13:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Like I said earlier let's have a content where the elite can beat it but still challenging and the next group of well geared (non mythic or idris) can beat it as well.

Let's not have something where the best of the best can barely beat the content.

they need to have at least 1 bit of content in this game that is only able to be beaten by the best of the best.

Or what is the point of trying to improve?

Its like doing a level 1 run on Dark Souls. Some people just need something more challenging. It doesn't have to be something that is the main focus of the game, just something to strive for.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
they need to have at least 1 bit of content in this game that is only able to be beaten by the best of the best.

Go do Incursion 143 then, or all the battlefields on VD.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-27 13:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
or all the battlefields on VD.

Think I've done most, if not all of these.

Incursion not quite so much, but none of us actually like Incursion.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14