2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New version update march/2015
New version update march/2015
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true. I blame the Jews.

That infrastructure that needs to upgrade to fiber optic.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 16:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If I wasn't in a contract I'd switch back to cable internet.

I had like 20 MB so it is 20 times slower...which means watching "educational videos" means constant buffering.

At least you can build some "endurance" with that.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 16:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true. It's the little things like watching a "white mage take a Cure IV to the face" that makes like wroth living !
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 16:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But honestly, coming back right now wouldnt be the best idea, and i will explain:

Basically the only reason to do content is to get gear. No matter how fun/boring an event is, if the reward is decent, people do it, no matter what.

But last update new skirmish did a huge impact in most gears, basically obsoleting most of them. I, for example, stopped advancing in content back in december2013 to start building rem. Basically my entire 2014 was doing missions, grinding and doing minor event for fast upgrade like raka skirmish and delve 2 nq nms, so i have yet to beat all ark angels normal+. But while before this update i had a huge list of items i wanted, right now is just few situational pieces, so i could skip it.

So, basically, anyone coming back right now will fall in a skirmish wave to get the new sets, so anyone would fet bored by spamming a single event to build decent sets while not feeling motivated to do the previous content that were great at release like delve 1, 2, ark angels, old skirmishes, incursion etc.

Tl;dr: coming back right now there would be only a single event to spam as everything else can be skipped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-03-01 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

because abyssea is a paid add on I think SE would be smart to make mats for empy armor come from abyssea and then of course stick with chapters for upgrading
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 16:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
because abyssea is a paid add on I think SE would be smart to make mats for empy armor come from abyssea and then of course stick with chapters for upgrading

I dont get the paid part being a reason for mats coming from there.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2015-03-01 16:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Force the 3 people that don't have it at this point to buy it I don't know.
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-01 17:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a great time to come back to ffxi imo. Skirmish gear wrecks majority of all af/relic/hardmode battlefield gear. Minus the ja pieces and accessories,etc. Skirmish is easy compared to 2013-2014 content. Level a blm,geo, or sch decently and you can get in any shout skirmish group. You dont need to do a 2 years worth of 119 content with this new skirm. Having a job fully 119 for doing yorcia is ideal, but the requirements/skill factor are far less then delve,aa,hardmode battles.
By fonewear 2015-03-01 17:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
But honestly, coming back right now wouldnt be the best idea, and i will explain:

Basically the only reason to do content is to get gear. No matter how fun/boring an event is, if the reward is decent, people do it, no matter what.

But last update new skirmish did a huge impact in most gears, basically obsoleting most of them. I, for example, stopped advancing in content back in december2013 to start building rem. Basically my entire 2014 was doing missions, grinding and doing minor event for fast upgrade like raka skirmish and delve 2 nq nms, so i have yet to beat all ark angels normal+. But while before this update i had a huge list of items i wanted, right now is just few situational pieces, so i could skip it.

So, basically, anyone coming back right now will fall in a skirmish wave to get the new sets, so anyone would fet bored by spamming a single event to build decent sets while not feeling motivated to do the previous content that were great at release like delve 1, 2, ark angels, old skirmishes, incursion etc.

Tl;dr: coming back right now there would be only a single event to spam as everything else can be skipped.

I left right around the relic debacle so a lot of people quit then.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 17:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jsmooth said: »
It's a great time to come back to ffxi imo. Skirmish gear wrecks majority of all af/relic/hardmode battlefield gear. Minus the ja pieces and accessories,etc. Skirmish is easy compared to 2013-2014 content. Level a blm,geo, or sch decently and you can get in any shout skirmish group. You dont need to do a 2 years worth of 119 content with this new skirm. Having a job fully 119 for doing yorcia is ideal, but the requirements/skill factor are far less then delve,aa,hardmode battles.

I think thats exactly the point: supose coming back before last update, people would still need to do delve 1, delve 2, old skirmish, ark angels. Now most of those pieces can be replaced by alluvion sets + right augments. Even weapons, with right augments, should be close to delve weaopns. If i had to come back just to spam Age of Empires with pets, paying loads of cash for parts/stones, i would be frustrated tbh.

Aside that i can feel this new skirmish the potential to gets boring really fast.
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-01 17:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I welcome the updates. Its been over a year since full new gear sets have been released. I haven't been a fan of the side grade could be better in certain situations gear. It has been easy on spending gil and the timesink, but I'd rather have new content to do.

New skirmish has stimulated the economy, and I'm sure with the stats available it will be the bridge to higher content next month. Everything gets outdated eventually. It's been a year, It's time to move forward!
By fonewear 2015-03-01 18:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is time to move forward isn't the next logical step to leave XI for XIV ?

XI has been stuck in neutral for years now.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 18:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its hard to leave while there are still unfinished business around here.

Just recently turned my swordbreaker. cant leave for at least more 60 days.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-01 18:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it weird that I like XI and I like WoW, but I don't really care for XIV?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-01 18:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why everyone hates on the new skirmish. I won't say its perfect, but it's by far the best skirmish yet. Not to mention, it's a great event for all levels of players. Top level players can spend the gil to optimize their jobs via specific augments and low tier players can get good base sets, and sell the stones to earn money. Not to mention, they announced another new event to be released in march. I've been playing for a long time now and this is the most excited about ffxi I've been in a while.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-01 18:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Is it weird that I like XI and I like WoW, but I don't really care for XIV?

Back when I had both accounts simultaneously, I still found myself making more time/enjoying FFXI content than I did FFXIV (and not due to lack of friends on that side, or lack of FC/LS/DF people)...it just appealed to me more, after a while. XIV, while super pretty, just was a different gaming experience, which in the end I didn't enjoy as much as FFXI (even during the content-shortage.)

On-topic, I would think that this whole Skirmish-gear-centric situation is just another 'cycle'. For a while Skirmish 2 (Yorcia red gears) simply decimated any need to do content prior to that making it the "only thing to do worthwhile" (even with Delve 1 stuff available to big groups) but that window of Skirmish dominance eventually closed, and then that gear became situational. I'm sure it's only a matter of months before the same happens here in terms of cyclical-content releases. /insert ffxiwilldiebeforethatcomplaint here
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-03-01 18:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Idk why everyone hates on the new skirmish. I won't say its perfect, but it's by far the best skirmish yet. Not to mention, it's a great event for all levels of players. Top level players can spend the gil to optimize their jobs via specific augments and low tier players can get good base sets, and sell the stones to earn money. Not to mention, they announced another new event to be released in march. I've been playing for a long time now and this is the most excited about ffxi I've been in a while.

Because the event itself in my experience is incredibly boring. All I do is walk in circles 1-2 shotting defenseless elementals while gear/stones rain from the sky.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-01 18:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
I know people hate random augments so I understand why people would rage over another augment lottery but compared to verdigris stones, this ***is amazing.

I'm able to target what I want with a ton more precision than before. NQ and +1 stones are actually useful since you still have a shot at a perfect augment and you get a real augment every time instead of 1% PDT and nothing else. And the 3 separate and independent slots for each Snow-stones, Leaf-stones and Dusk-stones is awesome. Instead of having to hope for 3 random augments to be perfect, you can do one at a time and work on your priorities first.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-01 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best thing to do these days is to settle in comfortably behind the gear curve. Wait out the initial rush for the newest and most expensive stuff, and get the best you can from the prior stage in the cycle. Let the bleeding edgers pave the way and make the road a lot less bumpy and costly for you.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-01 18:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The question could be asked as to why you are one a FFXI site without playing the game anymore.

Personally I tried leaving FFXI for lol14. I hated that damn game and came back. I am sure you will find a few people that agree with me there.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 18:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »

The question could be asked as to why you are one a FFXI site without playing the game anymore.

Personally I tried leaving FFXI for lol14. I hated that damn game and came back. I am sure you will find a few people that agree with me there.

That cell avatar is really disgusting, it hard even to see it.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-01 18:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a new screen?

Shows up fine for me.

edit: the person that made it designed it with the intentions of realism, not the typical cartoon.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2015-03-01 18:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xi has kept me entertained for about 10 years, XIV can only keep me entertained for about 3 months at a time. Saying XIV is even in the same league as XI as far as game play and staying non repetitive is ridiculous.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-03-01 19:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'm able to target what I want with a ton more precision than before. NQ and +1 stones are actually useful since you still have a shot at a perfect augment and you get a real augment every time instead of 1% PDT and nothing else.

I will argue that. Got just pdt 1%/2% once or twice as well as a few vit +1 which is about as useless. Granted, it is much much more common to actually get something useful, even if it isn't what you were wanting. It's still a bit heart breaking to see 500k go down the drain with something like mdb 4.
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-01 19:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand the issue with the augment system. If you don't like the gamble, then do the content and sell your stones. It's a great way to make gil right now. Aug or not, this is a great addition to content, and gil.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-03-01 21:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Or in the case of shrinking server populations; wait an update than never be able to find people to do the events at all.

Waiting for prices to come down isn't always a good idea anymore either, look at ilvl WoE items.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-01 23:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Offtopic but why do people keep saying XIV is boring? I have seen some videos of gameplay and those fights look way more intricate and interactive. The mobs show a brief cone/radius of attack allowing you to avoid AoE damage, especially on bossfights. Those fights look a lot more entertaining than just zerging in ffxi where there's no real strategy. At least battles in 14 appear like they require positioning and attention and things are more reactive and interactive. I could be wrong though. 11 feels repetitive too. I mean what contrnt brought people back from 14? Legion? That's a zerg fest. Phantom gem fights? Rehash of old content. Delve? Like legion but more mobile and with annoying mob mechanics. Skirmish is fun the first 3 times you do it, then its just run around, kill fodder, then zerg an NM. Really how much more boring can 14 be that people come back to 11?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-01 23:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

weekly lock outs on new content, i'd assume. duty roulettes are a *** joke and everyone is more fragile than glass. if you say anything about someone doing something stupid they get super butthurt. i personally haven't done t10-t13 but t9 was really really easy yet i wiped to it over 60 times on duty finder when the fight is entirely scripted to do the same thing every time. i went with my friend once for clear and we completely face rolled it. there's at least some variability in mob AI in ffxi, but ff14 is literally just "memorize these steps 2 win"
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14